Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 1726
view profile
History
Paying for a datePage 70 of 73    (33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73)
^^^ She said "loads"...
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 1727
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 7:30:51 PM

Edited....to state The Pig and The Princess are both gone...

I must have missed some good posts while I wasn't on the board for a few days.
 sun___flower
Msg: 1728
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 7:48:19 PM
Yes, Pig made some good ones.
 CBGB77
Msg: 1729
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 8:16:22 PM

Posted By: MsMicki on 7/24/2018 530 PM
Subject: Paying for a date
Message: Edited....to state The Pig and The Princess are both gone...

Lol,they died more times than Sam and Dean on Supernatural

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWSswP7kMcw
 ssm508
Msg: 1730
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 8:36:21 PM

No, people called you a gold digger because you started a thread entitled "LADIES - First Date Question" where you stated you did not contribute to the cost of dates because you were a lady, and that any woman who did was settling for less. I don't think there was one single person in that thread, man or woman, that agreed with your point of view. And it didn't stop there. You've carried your nonsense over to many other threads, including this one.

Name calling can go both ways as well. Some women will call a man "cheap" or "not a gentleman" because these men think a woman should make a genuine offer to contribute on the first or second date. Or because the first date wasn't "expensive enough".
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1731
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 10:39:24 PM
Dan, I did see a hot guy on the street, and nearly rear-ended the car in front of me while checking him out, but I wouldn't have called him over to tell him I wanted to take him home. One reason not to is because it's risky behavior. I don't need to take those kinds of risks.

Whiterose, so a man dictates to you? That's acceptable? What else can he say to you that this is the way it's gonna be and you listen?

LIR, I was off by 2 months, so what?

Spot, I'm good at math when it comes to counting the money I have saved. What about you? Probably not hard for you, what's 0 - 0?

Henry, yeah, sounds like the ladies have issues at their place. I would think if they didn't have house guests, they'd feel more comfortable at their place.
 whiterose0
Msg: 1732
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 12:02:45 AM

Dan, I did see a hot guy on the street, and nearly rear-ended the car in front of me while checking him out, but I wouldn't have called him over to tell him I wanted to take him home. One reason not to is because it's risky behavior. I don't need to take those kinds of risks.

Yes, because we all know you don't want to risk being rejected.

Whiterose, so a man dictates to you? That's acceptable? What else can he say to you that this is the way it's gonna be and you listen?

A man graciously declining my offer to split the bill is not the same thing as a man dictating to me what to do. Surely, you're intelligent enough to know the difference. But again, maybe not, since you don't date.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1733
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 12:46:59 AM
Come on HS, you can do better than that. Nice to see you back after putting your old man to sleep.

I don't need to ask men out, maybe it's different for you. I've been dating since divorcing, except for this year and it's not for lack of offers. Don't take it out on me because your well ran dry.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 1734
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 1:00:40 AM

Not having sex on the first date isn't what I'd term as holding out. It's self control for a variety of reasons.

You're holding out on sex if there's any potential possibility for it -- whether self-control is in the mix or not. Holding out means you're purposely Not doing it for the time being, for whatever the reason. That said, if it Is a self-control issue not to have sex on the first date, then I can't see how you'd say it's Not holding-out. Like holding out on eating ice cream, even though your friend wants to go to the ice cream shop. Or that you're not in the mood for ice cream but you're prone to giving into your friend's whining -- so you're holding off. Unless it's Cookies & Cream. :)
 MsMicki
Msg: 1735
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 6:18:23 AM

How do you even come to such a conclusion??
There isn't one person here that thinks a man graciously declining a womans offer to split the bill is "dictating".
As I said before....you need to quit trying to twist peoples words because you are not any good at it!!

I don't need to ask men out

it isn't about "needing" to do so....it is about taking charge of our own lives and showing we don't live by standards set back in the 1800's!!

Don't take it out on me because your well ran dry

Sounds like something BA would say....should we accuse you of actually being her ??
 sun_water
Msg: 1736
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 6:50:30 AM

I don't need to ask men out

What's wrong with a woman asking a man out? Both genders can do the asking.
 ssm508
Msg: 1737
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 7:07:35 AM
If a man accepts an offer to split the bill, he's "cheap". But if he politely declines, he is "dictating". LOL. Men can't win.

Some women have asked me out on dates. But others want a man to ask them out because they are "traditional", passive, shy, and/or don't want to be rejected.

whiterose0
Msg: 1738
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 7:57:40 AM

Come on HS, you can do better than that. Nice to see you back after putting your old man to sleep.

I don't need to ask men out, maybe it's different for you. I've been dating since divorcing, except for this year and it's not for lack of offers. Don't take it out on me because your well ran dry.

You're not getting any offers, genius. That's why you're sitting at home by yourself and disparaging other women. It's obvious to everyone in here that the reason you're not dating is because you've gotten out of shape, and you don't want to put yourself back out in the dating world for fear of being rejected.

Personally, I think you're just jealous of those of us women with men in our lives, because you're no longer able to attract one.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1739
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 9:55:48 AM
Micki, if you think something is right, you just do it. Accepting someone paying for you is the same thing as not paying. Her money is still in her pocket.

Sun, If women want to ask men out, they're entitled, go for it.

Ssm, if you ask a woman out, then want to accept money from her, that's on you. I don't invite men over for dinner, then want them to pay for any part of dinner. My offer, my treat, to make him feel special. Btw, some women offer because they're showing their disinterest upon meeting someone for the first time, and because they don't want the man to feel like they owe them sex.

Welcome back! That's the HS I'm accustomed to! Is your old man working while you're online?
 whiterose0
Msg: 1740
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 10:06:34 AM

Welcome back! That's the HS I'm accustomed to! Is your old man working while you're online?

I'm not HS, although I fully agree with her low opinion of you. Once again, you're jealous of women with men in their lives. It's as plain as the nose on your face. It must suck to be you.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 1741
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 10:37:26 AM
"Western women will have to start changing their attitudes towards dating in the future, because female sex robots will be on the market n no obstacles will be in the way of a man getting sex, when ever he wants, so it will be a whole new ball game n women will have real competition" Women have had sex toys for decades n they have degraded a man to just one thing n that thing is chopped off penis, a vibrator, a dildo, a cucumber etc, but female sex robots will be the full physical form of a woman n she will communicate verbally, so no more lonely nights for men in the future:)))))))
 MsMicki
Msg: 1742
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 11:21:54 AM

Micki, if you think something is right, you just do it. Accepting someone paying for you is the same thing as not paying. Her money is still in her pocket.

But how does that make it so a man is dictating to her???
Quit deflecting....and gives us a straight answer.

and wth is this "owing men sex" because they buy dinner??
Please....show me these men that "expect" sex in exchange for a dinner....
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1743
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 11:24:23 AM
HS, the desert living has really aged you. When you departed you were 60, and now you look to be in your 80s. I suggest a moisturizing cream.

Manmadepoop, men have always had prostitutes, blow up dolls, and those little rubber sheath thingies. They're great options for those men that provide lackluster sex, and would be great for them to have robots too. To that I say, enjoy!

The women here have said multiple times that they pay so the guy can't expect sex. Or so they think.

If you're going to dinner with a man, and your money remains in your pocket, he is paying for your dinner. This conversation was had once before about paying if you want to, and not letting a man dictate you can't. Don't know what's hard to understand about that.
 whiterose0
Msg: 1744
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 11:38:50 AM

The women here have said multiple times that they pay so the guy can't expect sex. Or so they think.

What women in here stated they paid so the guy can't expect sex? Name them. You obviously made this up, the same way you make up lies about me, MsMicki, Henry, HS, and many other posters. I think the real issue is that you don't like sex, and you're projecting your own negative feelings about it onto other posters.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1745
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 11:48:59 AM
You want names, go looking thru the threads for them.

I told no lies about Micki, Henry or you. You were pretty nasty telling Henry he's wearing mom jeans. He said nothing to deserve that slam. You like to put everyone down for their looks, while you hide behind your fake profiles. That's very classy. It wreaks of jealousy.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 1746
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 11:49:20 AM
Why does this whole paying thing have to be so complicated? There are certain qualities we look for in a partner. It might be physical attributes, their interests or other qualities. I don't think many people talk to date about who's going to pay and when. At least in the very beginning. It usually just happens. If one person isn't on the same page then the other person might not want to see them anymore.

Some women feel they should be catered to like a princess so they expect the guy to pay for everything. Good for them if they find a guy who wants to do that. Other women feel they are equal to the person they are dating so they will contribute to possibly building a relationship. Beyond these common examples there are other situations like one person might make a lot more money than the other. I don't think it matters if that person is the male or the woman. I believe they will be more likely to want to pay more because they understand they can easily cover the expenses better than the other person. I've been there and I've seen it happen with other people. Everyone has a right to their opinion and what works for them. No need to force that upon others if they don't share the same values.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1747
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 11:55:41 AM
That's the way I feel. To each his own. If a woman wants to solely depend on the man's money, they're both not going to be enjoying as much as they can, unless the guy makes a good living and wants to part with it. I don't care how others construct their dating lives. Do what makes you comfortable or what works for you.
 whiterose0
Msg: 1748
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 11:57:19 AM

You were pretty nasty telling Henry he's wearing mom jeans. He said nothing to deserve that slam.

Either provide proof of this accusation or STHU.

MsMicki
Msg: 1749
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 12:06:47 PM
My issue is not with someone disagreeing with my point of view.....
my issue is the stupid ass reasons she gives!!

Men are cheapskates that don't pay...
Men expect sex if they do...
Women are setting themselves up to be used if they pay...
Women are desperate if they pay...

That's the BS I will continue to point out!!

and.....that 80 year old women looks far better than most of us...
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/25/2018 12:14:28 PM

Either provide proof of this accusation or STHU.

How about you all STHU. Fair warning, I don't usually report people but the level of nasty here has gone way thru the roof. I have reported this thread, so post at your own peril, you have been warned.!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date