Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ssm508
Msg: 1826
view profile
History
Paying for a datePage 74 of 74    (34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74)

Sooooooo………….. Does this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ mean someone now has to agree, who will be paying …………..by the minutes?
Can I use a debit card? ?Gift card available?

According to some people on previous threads, gift cards, certificates, coupons etc are unacceptable sources of payment on the first date. LOL.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 1827
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/12/2019 7:06:30 PM
msg#1826:
Sooooooo………….. Does this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ mean someone now has to agree, who will be paying …………..by the minutes?
Can I use a debit card? ?Gift card available?

According to some people on previous threads, gift cards, certificates, coupons etc are unacceptable sources of payment on the first date. LOL.

Add 'paying in cash' to that list.
Way too old fashioned, too old school to make it in the World of OLD~
hahahaha
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 1828
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/12/2019 7:59:45 PM
how much should I be charging for a 45 minute date? what about penalties for going over on time? and definitely no credit or gift cards, cash only!
 cooldog65
Msg: 1829
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/12/2019 9:24:56 PM
^^^ If she runs over the allotted time, she'll work off the extra time...under the table!
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 1830
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/13/2019 9:24:32 AM
LMAO, ^ ^ ^ ^ As we say at work, "What happens under the table, STAYS under the table"
 ginghamgal
Msg: 1831
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/13/2019 10:22:40 AM

It doesn't take a perfect storm, actually. We don't think about how long it is unless it's really long -- hence, our skewed bias. All it takes is going where it's not super packed, you have a decent waitress, and you Don't Want to stay long.

I am just saying there can be additional factors besides what you mentioned. Needing extra time to decide what you want, ordering something that takes longer to cook or prepare etc. It may not sound like much. But it can add up. It has nothing to do with skewed bias. These are things are just simple observations.

Is a personal check okay?
 pfif
Msg: 1832
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/13/2019 2:56:53 PM
I'd be putting $30 in one of my pockets, $10 in another,
and $10 in a third -- and produce from the correct
pocket(s) to produce minimal cash in front of a new
acquaintance met through stranger-dating means. ;)

Maybe keep another $60 in a money belt. ;) And leave
all the plastic at home.

Carry a burn phone, too. ;)
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 1833
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/13/2019 4:52:24 PM

OMG, I remember that thread. I think there's a difference between thrifty and cheap. A coupon wouldn't bother me. The money saved with coupons can be used for more fun.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 1834
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/14/2019 11:02:43 AM

In my experience, dinner tends to be somewhat longer than lunch because people often have larger meals at dinner.

I honestly don't think that plays a role at all. Never have I been put in check by a gal, pleading to get her second wind to scarf down the rest of her grub. :) YMMV, but many places don't skimp out on the amt for lunch for the purpose of drawing people in. Most people eat till they're full, and leave the rest or put it in the to-go box when paying the bill.

I am just saying there can be additional factors besides what you mentioned. Needing extra time to decide what you want, ordering something that takes longer to cook or prepare etc.

There can be. There can be bad waiters or a place short on them that night, or you going to The place when everyone's out there at the same peak time, sure. My point it is, it doesn't take the stars to align to not run into that, and choosing places isn't random -- we play a role in it, too. Now, we don't care about that so much (well, except for the notably bad waiter part) -- when we want to be at the place to Unwind for a While like many people do (hence, the 'dinners take long'). We'll take our time with everything, because that's what we plan on doing anyway.

When we're not geared to go there to unwind (like being at a bar), it's quite easy to walk into a place at 7 with no line & be seated, and walking out the door shortly before the clock strikes 8. No bum-rushing anyone required, or super-fast service. We put "dinner" on a pedestal as somewhat of a 'big' date because it's Usually accompanied with purposely unwinding, kicking back, having drinks, etc etc.

Yeah, some people are prissy and scoff ("Well, I Never!") at a guy whipping out a certificate/coupon with the check on the first few dates. How DARE he purposely apply a discount? The gal wants to be taken out for free, and for it ALL to come out of His wallet! HE'S the cheapskate, right? ;)
 ssm508
Msg: 1835
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/14/2019 4:21:14 PM

I honestly don't think that plays a role at all. Never have I been put in check by a gal, pleading to get her second wind to scarf down the rest of her grub. :) YMMV, but many places don't skimp out on the amt for lunch for the purpose of drawing people in. Most people eat till they're full, and leave the rest or put it in the to-go box when paying the bill.

I did say in my experience. When I go out for food (whether I'm alone, with friends, or on a date), I tend to eat more more at dinner because I'm usually more hungry then. Other people may have different eating patterns though.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 1836
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2019 1:24:23 AM

I did say in my experience. When I go out for food (whether I'm alone, with friends, or on a date), I tend to eat more more at dinner because I'm usually more hungry then. Other people may have different eating patterns though.

I tend to eat more too. And tend to plan on staying longer than during lunch hours. All I'm saying is that if one Wanted to Not Have to stay very long, they can -- without playing MacGuyver (putting a little thought on time & place). Our shared habits tend to lead us to believe by default it Is to last long, but I've avoided it when I had to, without much effort. All my point is, is that it's not Time that's really heeding us from having a date that centers around ordering from a post-lunch menu -- as opposed to a bar for drinks or going to putt-putt golf + post-coffee.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date