Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 276
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 12 of 58    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

"Crimes of passion" Exactly what types of crimes are you talking about?

Murder, rape etc.... Crimes of passion are not random acts unlike thefts which for the most part crimes of opportunity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brushing up on those people skills I see.

Still pretending to be a cop I see.

And if they're breaking in, how does "knowing" them change the fact you're being assaulted.

It doesn't other than the chances of that happening are almost zero, thus buying a gun to defend yourself from such is stupid at best.

Because if anything, if people know you have a gun your house, it has a higher chance of getting broken into to, as a thief would rather have a gun than a VCR any day.

Unless of course you're now talking about crimes of passion in general which you probably are, but it wasn't what she was refering too and you know that.

I would like to respond to that, but not sure if english is your second language or you just forgot how it works.

I have yet to see lightning strike people almost 30% of the time, but hey let's not let the truth get in the way.

So you are saying that ~30% of the time when a break in occurs the occupant is home?

Or are you just making stuff up again?
 kj521
Msg: 277
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:13:57 AM
Crookcatcher......

I am talking about the ambiguity of a person's intent as they are breaking into your home....

One has no idea if they are there to steal, murder, torture, rape or a warm place to sleep....

So my point was.....what cues do you look for before defending yourself???

The gentleman that was breaking into my home was there to rape....as he had already succeed in raping a sixteen year old girl home alone and an eight-four year old woman living within a mile of my home.....

Frank.....rape by a stranger often involves premeditation.....and/or opportunity.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 278
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:24:54 AM

Crookcatcher......

I am talking about the ambiguity of a person's intent as they are breaking into your home....

One has no idea if they are there to steal, murder, torture, rape or a warm place to sleep....

The gentleman that was breaking into my home was there to rape....as he had already succeed in raping a sixteen year old girl home alone and an eight-four year old woman living within a mile of my home.....

I agree with you, one does not know their intent nor does one know what they will do if confronted by a witness. Best not to take a chance.

If someone broke into my home and I had a gun, I would likely first try to hold them for the police if it seemed like I could do that, but it they made any move towards me, or any sudden moves at all, I would shoot.

It wouldn't matter to me what their intent was.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 279
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:30:35 AM

Posted by KJ521:
"I am talking about the ambiguity of a person's intent as they are breaking into your home...
One has no idea if they are there to steal, murder, torture, rape or a warm place to sleep...

The 'gentleman' that was breaking into my home was there to rape...as he had already succeed in raping a sixteen year old girl home alone and an eight-four year old woman living within a mile of my home..."

KJ521...men like HFX_RGB feel that it is far more "honorable" and better for women to be victimized, raped, and murdered rather than having one of those eeeeevviiilllll firearms handy to immediately halt the crime. Could you imagine him saying this to his mother/wife/gf/sister/daughter or any other woman in his life? Certainly not the kind of man one wants next to him or her in a foxhole, that's for sure.

KJ521...I am so sorry to read that you had to endure that event. How terrible. :-(
Gungrabbers also won't acknowledge the mere presence of a firearm often deters crime without a shot ever being fired.
 kj521
Msg: 280
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:44:38 AM
Thanks Eric....

"Certainly not the kind of man that one wants next to him or her in a foxhole, that's for sure."

Or a bed for that matter! Lol

Sorry Frank.....I'm gonna apologize for that, right now! ;)
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 281
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:49:56 AM

KJ521...men like HFX_RGB feel that it is far more "honorable" and better for women to be victimized, raped, and murdered rather than having one of those eeeeevviiilllll firearms handy to immediately halt the crime. Could you imagine him saying this to his mother/wife/gf/sister/daughter or any other woman in his life? Certainly not the kind of man one wants next to him or her in a foxhole, that's for sure.

When you understand that you are safer without a gun than you are with one you will be well on your way to understanding.

Until then please keep try and keep it personal, and do not forget the innuendoes, as it shows your true character.
 etourdi65
Msg: 282
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:57:49 AM
what a strange assertion to make....
When you understand that you are safer without a gun than you are with one you will be well on your way to understanding.
every situation is unique, every person is different, for a liberal you sure like to paint with a broad stroke...tell your fortune cookie statement to one of the people who actually used a gun to prevent a crime to themselves or their family..see how long your fallacy holds up..
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 283
Posted: 1/27/2015 7:01:50 AM

So my point was.....what cues do you look for before defending yourself???=/quote]

You can't kj. Nobody can.
You have to be proactive and assume the worst. Your not responsible for determining the intruders intentions.

If the poster above lives in a eutopia where the mantra is "do no harm" he's probably spot on with his thought process, but I think he just likes to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 284
Posted: 1/27/2015 7:07:18 AM

Posted by HFX_RGB:
"When you understand that you are safer without a gun than you are with one you will be well on your way to understanding."

So in other words...if a killer was smashing down your door, and a gun was in your house, you would run upstairs, open the window, and throw the firearm away to somehow boost your safety? Wow.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 285
Posted: 1/27/2015 7:08:59 AM

So in other words...if a killer was smashing down your door, and a gun was in your house, you would run upstairs, open the window, and throw the firearm away to somehow boost your safety? Wow.

You have to throw out all your other valuables as well for that to work.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 286
Posted: 1/27/2015 7:16:14 AM
@eric

You have to know Ron White was right. Right?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 287
Posted: 1/27/2015 7:33:19 AM

So in other words, you take what someone says, twist it to support your point of view and then wait for your buddies to come along and high-five you on your derp.

Either way it is clear you are nothing more than a troll who is not interested in having a debate, so best of luck with that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to know Ron White was right. Right?

Well if you where a true conservative you would see him as a criminal and druggie.

But I am sure he gets a pass from most conservative because he is a white criminal not a black one.

Because we all know using your private plane to transport a Schedule I narcotic is not as bad as stealing some cigars.

Though being who I am, I just see him as a guy who smokes dope, but that is that liberal hippy in me I guess.
 StarClassic
Msg: 288
Posted: 1/27/2015 7:56:48 AM

I wonder if it was a Single or Double Trigger Model?.....

That would have been an early Winnie 21-1148. Crying shame someone would molest it by adding the pistol grip.

Oh, and Trinity. I most certainly hope that you make time for range practice, ample time, to become intimately familiar with your shotgun, how it functions, where it shoots to and how it patterns with the cartridge you finally decide to use in it. And yes, I strongly recommend you pattern test Several makes of cartridge. Given your intended use, and short ranges you might be forced to use it at, you're going to want the one that gives the widest pattern with even pellet dispersal. Several fair size pieces of cardboard with a large dot drawn in the middle will suffice as targets for this.
If you would like I can message you links for a few ammo selections to look for.

And one last. Have a look here http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-3-the-shotgun-meets-the-box-o-truth/ so you have the complete picture of what a shotgun is capable of.

Belay that, this is the last. Whatever you do, just nod your head in agreement when the range warriors tell you that Birdshot is the best for in-home defense. They don't know shyte from peanut butter.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 289
Posted: 1/27/2015 8:11:42 AM
the range warriors tell you that Birdshot is the best for in-home defense. LOL!! In a search less than twelve hours old, I already ran across that one.

Maybe you can answer for me: How *does* one go about aiming a pistol grip 12 gauge? I truly don't see how to hold it, sight, and prepare for the recoil all at once.

Thanks!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 290
Posted: 1/27/2015 8:25:28 AM

Posted by Woobytoodsday:
"...Maybe you can answer for me: How *does* one go about aiming a pistol grip 12 gauge?
I truly don't see how to hold it, sight, and prepare for the recoil all at once..."

Easy. Take shotgun to a qualified gunsmith and replace the amateurish and silly chopped pistol grip with a proper stock.
Shotguns should be properly aimed just like any other firearm. Ensure you follow NRA safety rules when shooting.
 StarClassic
Msg: 291
Posted: 1/27/2015 8:25:55 AM

Maybe you can answer for me: How *does* one go about aiming a pistol grip 12 gauge? I truly don't see how to hold it, sight, and prepare for the recoil all at once.
Thanks!

I, personally, detest the pistol grip add on. They are what I, and many I know, look down on as 'tacticool'. Sorta' equivalent to putting a 12" bayonet on a Smith and Wesson Mod37.

I actually experienced one on a Remington 870, Once. One shot, and that was it. With the load I assemble for my riot gun the recoil was brutal. It did nothing to enhance point ability (shotguns are pointed, not aimed) and made the shotgun feel foreign in my hands, and I own an 870.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2015 8:42:10 AM
Kj
It must have been a terrible situation to be in. I would think that nearly everyone who posts here would sympathise. Well nearly everyone.
Frank how do you know so much about breaking and entering and what the intent is? Maybe you are an apologist for burglars the same as
you are for rapists?

You are one ****in weirdo. You actually sound disappointed that nothing happened to kj.

And please spare us the 'you as a victim' crap. You want to be the kleenex kid then throw a strop when it comes on top. No wonder you have
hidden your rapist/burglar apologist (kid on) photies.

Anyway in the uk now the law was changed so you can go full on with anyone who enters your house uninvited. Been a few cases where burglars
have been chibbed to death.

And kj one day the rapist/burglar apologist will get whats due it.
And as a ps i told yous what would happen once that slimey weirdo was allowed back. Hope it has a short unhappy life (or even more unhappy thqn
it has now)
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 293
Posted: 1/27/2015 9:15:10 AM
Star--thank you. That was sorta my gut feeling.

In the event, the auction never happened, because the Kerry campaign refused to sign off on it. It was supposed to pay for a billboard Paid For By HUNTERS FOR KERRY. I still think it was a good idea, lol!

Only person TO ask locally would have been the sheriff's office, because they were the ones who'd allow it to go forward, or shut it down. Finding a lawyer whose expertise was guns in this corner of the state couldn't happen.

And I agree, Eric, it was butt ugly.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 294
Posted: 1/27/2015 10:05:56 AM
Well, some one(s) is/are *extremely* disinterested in finding out how to cut down on gun violence/death. . . . .

How The NRA Kills Gun Violence Research - Business Insider
www.businessinsider.com/cdc-nra-kills-gun-violence-res...
Business Insider
Jan 16, 2013 - How The NRA Killed Federal Funding For Gun Violence Research ... The CDC isn't allowed to pursue many kinds of gun research due to the ... Republicans sought to remove all federal funding for research into gun deaths.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2015 10:20:43 AM

I have a question for all the gun owners who have your guns to protect you from home invasions.
Where do you keep your guns? In a drawer by your bedside? Under your pillow?
Is your gun loaded or do you store the ammunition elsewhere?

That question is too general. I would assume it depends on the type of gun and type of living environment. For example a handgun is fine in a drawer by the bed. But a shotgun would be better in the closet. Personally I wouldn't make it visible. And for home defense the gun better be loaded or it is a paperweight.

I ask because I wonder...how is it you become ready to shoot? An invader
usually doesn't announce their arrival.

By learning how to shoot, which most people don't lol. But seriously MOST do announce their arrival unintentionally. You just have to be alert and not a deep sleeper and listen to your environment. You might hear people chatting in your backyard or a window break or people moving around downstairs. A professional will just usually go away if they know you are home but druggie home invaders maybe won't.

You still need to keep safe until the cops arrive , if they were actually called(line cut?, phone battery out?in other room?). I don't recommend going though the home looking for trouble if you know 100% they are in your home and you know cops are on the way. That is why a shot gun is great! You get behind cover and point it and just wait. If they get close enough , you rack it! The noise actually will scare some away! It is a very defensive orientated weapon. Although those who have a smaller barrel and training can use it effectively it in close quarters.

TBH I don't recommend handguns because MOST people don't shoot good enough to hit anything, they can't clear jams, and 9 mm goes right thous walls.

And what about having children at home?

Well personally most cops tell their children all about their guns and even let them handle it safely(unloaded). Been some tragedies where a kid shot himself because he got to the gun. Curiosity kills the cat..so it has been better to get the curiosity out of the way so the children NEVER have to have an urge to 'check it out'.

I already gave advice how to stop accidental shooting;
1) light attachment for sight and identification
2) use the right ammo that is unlikely to go through the wall and cause 'collateral damage'. It isn't just about children, in a big city or condo establishment there are neighbors behind those walls!

Do you recall Lying cheats posts? 100 children killed accidentally by guns?
No gun owner or pro gun owner here has addressed that issue in regard to preventing these
children from getting killed by guns.

I did!
Those parents would be equally smart to teach their children bicycle safety and making the proper arrangements for safe riding!
http://ymiclassroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/GetInGear.pdf

And adults who got accidently shot(489) should also have concern. Seems adults may not be handling weapons any more safely!

But lets just go to DULL knives since 5x more people got killed by them then rifles and I can say that I would rather get shot than stabbed to death(my vest doesn't protect against knives)

In any case I am changing my views!

After reading the statistics I have realized that the main danger to me is other people with firearms! (and a few ex gf's)
If the shit hits the fan it be much easier for me to steal your food and water and medical supplies if I am armed and YOU ALL aren't.
SAY NO TO GUNS! I am all for that!

'Remember I don't have to be a fast runner just faster than you'
 chameleonf
Msg: 296
Posted: 1/27/2015 10:29:22 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/hot-guns-fueling-crime-us-study/story?id=18318610 (2013)
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/GUIC.PDF (1995)
The above links are 18 years apart but each indicate a huge problem CAUSED by the constitutional right to own a gun which hasn't diminished over that period of time.

This is what I just don't get. The above links (and many others) indicate that a huge number of guns used in crime are obtained through theft/burglary, whatever term you prefer to use, from gun shops and from private residences. The sentiments of those indicating they have guns because it's their "constitutional right" and/or because they fear for their safety fail to realise that thousands of guns are used in the commission of crimes which are being obtained from homes which have been purchased legally from legally run gun shops. The gun shops wouldn't be in existence to be stolen from if the citizens weren't exercising their "constitutional right" to bring guns home, which are then stolen to be used in the commission of further armed crimes, which may include crimes against themselves, their loved ones and other innocent parties. On top of that, the number of mass murders have increased, with the number of automatic/semi-automatic weapons being used as the weapon of choice, having been obtained either by wingnuts who can purchase them legally, or having been stolen either from a family member, gun shop or by way of a home break in.

You then cry that it's not safe out there, so you'll have to get a gun to protect yourselves. From the statistics in the above links, as well from other websites, you seem to be unwittingly creating job security for the criminal and mentally deranged element that is causing you to obtain fire arms in the first place. As I see it, registration and legalization isn't the problem - ownership is.
 _babblefish
Msg: 297
Posted: 1/27/2015 10:57:46 AM

I appreciate Gingerosities contribution to this thread; though I am certain he does not seek accolades. However, his is a naïve point of view; even in Australia. In today’s world especially in the U.S. we are better off prepared for intruders than to ignore the possibility that it “Can never happen to me”.

that's rather presumptuous of you to make such a suggestion, is it the rationale that since the "can do" country lives like this, everyone should drop to your lowest denominator?

after reading countless personal incidents in this thread of how US citizens aren't safe, and it's duly noted that exposing the cesspit you live in can't be easy.. it is apples and oranges, in Canada we don't need guns tucked under our pillows, there's more chance a bear could take down my garage door in search of food than any of the horrible
scenarios that y'all live with, we aren't naive, it's just how it is

when a 5 year old shoots his 9 month sibling in the head and it's called an accident.. that is plain dismal . . what the NRA advocates is US citizens arming themselves against US citizens which in actuality has nothing to do with the ability to form a militia per your 2nd amendment rights, if your nation feels safer being weaponized, have at it,
just realize other countries have philosophical differences and don't live in constant fear nor need to

lock and load neighbours

*ftr; the moose are decoys, we covet the more illustrious beaver
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 298
Posted: 1/27/2015 11:16:20 AM

SAY NO TO GUNS! I am all for that!
rofl

Let's look at 2013

Violent Crime every 27.1 sec. 1,163,690
Rape every 6.6 min. 87,454
Aggravated assault every 43.5 sec 724,965
Robbery every 1.5 min 350,400
Burglary every 16.4 sec 1,922,926

83% of those over the age of twelve will be a victim of a violent crime in their lifetime of those 52% will be a victim a second time.

I don't really care what anyone's view on gun control is. But if you base your view on the perception that "it's not that bad out there" your clueless or you're living in that gated community ignoring the reality. If you manage to get through life without being a victim kudos to you. But there's 4,249,435 people who probably thought the same thing in 2013.
 flyguy51
Msg: 299
Posted: 1/27/2015 12:05:32 PM

“ but he is dead already”

Wish it were so literally, Eric.
Getting shot in the face might change some persons’ minds…but thugs like Donquaz, I don’t think so.

Take out in some neighborhoods…bullet proof glass and no pizza box; just a slot to fit the pizza through.

The thug will probably find a shyster lawyer to sue Papa John’s.

So, the thieving thug was shot in the face and survived only to end up in jail? Is there no God?!

What would Jesus do? Make sure the mothereffer's dead, that's what!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 300
Posted: 1/27/2015 12:29:17 PM

83% of those over the age of twelve will be a victim of a violent crime in their lifetime of those 52% will be a victim a second time.

Perhaps there's some more recent news article you could use rather than 30 year old info

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/03/09/us/83-to-be-victims-of-crime-violence.html
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.