Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 trinity818
Msg: 301
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 13 of 58    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

I have a question for all the gun owners who have your guns to protect you from home invasions.
Where do you keep your guns?

My shotgun is loaded (without a shell in the chamber, which requires that you pump it before firing), inside an unzipped case, under my bed on the side next to the wall.

As I stated previously, I live ALONE. I have no children and there will be nobody entering my home with a key while I'm sleeping. All screen doors are locked.

If someone KICKS IN MY DOOR, or BUSTS THE GLASS IN A WINDOW to gain access to my home WHILE I'M SLEEPING, they are not trying to steal my TV.

If they only want to steal my shit, they can do that when my car is gone!!
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 1/27/2015 1:08:07 PM

I don't really care what anyone's view on gun control is. But if you base your view on the perception that "it's not that bad out there" your clueless or you're living in that gated community ignoring the reality. If you manage to get through life without being a victim kudos to you. But there's 4,249,435 people who probably thought the same thing in 2013.

Yes and you live in Florida: a sunny place for shady people! And so does she!

A retiree on our ON THE JOB forum decided to laugh at us stuck in NYC because of the storm and a fellow MOS wrote something I will share with you . It is a bit vulgar maybe but maybe true?( NOT MY diatribe!)

The only thing to brag about in Florida is the good winter weather. It's impossible to get a job paying more than minimum wage. The summer weather sucks. You're surrounded by other old farts who talk about the great winter weather. Traffic moves at 15 miles per hour because the 90 year olds can't see one car length in front of them. If you meet anyone under 60 they're a meth head and they rob you. You have a good chance that you'll be sucked up in a sink hole, grabbed by a gator, bitten by a venomous snake, or catch an STD from a meth head, before you die of natural causes. The mosquitos file flight plans with the FAA. A round of golf on a flat, dry, brown grass course takes 9 hours because you have to wait till they remove the body of at least one old fart who died mid stroke. You can't get a decent loaf of bread, Brooklyn Pizza, Italian meal, Bagel, bacon egg and cheese on a roll, or home improvement. The Government is the only one more corrupt than New York's. If your grandkids visit for more than a week the "Condo Police" are at your door looking to send them home. If your community isn't gated you need to wear your old smelly kevlar vest and carry your Glock (or Revolver for you really old guys) to go buy groceries.

Seems cops even think Florida is dangerous! That explains why so many retire there..get their action!
 kj521
Msg: 303
Posted: 1/27/2015 2:20:47 PM
^^^^^^^Lmao Joey!

It's not THAT bad in most areas of Florida!

I will concede on a few of those points except the summer weather.......some of us like it HOT! ;)
 robaustralia
Msg: 304
Posted: 1/27/2015 2:25:01 PM
MSG 257

You remind me of the gun toting Granny Clampett.Did you also build a bomb shelter for protection against the pending Armageddon?

MSG 258

That's some great advice you are handing out to Granny Clampett. You know about a 6 shot pump action shotgun. Which means that when a 12 yo from the lower end of the socio-economic scale thinks she isn't home and decides to burgle her house in search of food, she can pull out her shotgun and blow him away with 6 shots. Which is perfectly in line with the psyche of the Wild West "maximum lead in the air". Keep up the good work.

MSG 260

Hoplophobia ? Gee whiz! I even had to look up what that meant, however I didn't have to get help from my mum like you did. Sadly however your diagnosis was an epic failure.Just like your failure to hit the side of a barn from 10 yards with a shotgun.

MSG 282

Glad to see you are profiting from the $32 billion that citizens of the Wild West spend on guns each year. Money that would be better spent on reducing the gun epidemic in the Wild West or even alleviating poverty.

MSG 309

Which translates to "we will just ignore the gun epidemic in the Wild West because that is the price we are willing to pay because we have the right to bear arms"
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 305
Posted: 1/27/2015 2:26:32 PM

Posted by KJ521:
"It's not THAT bad in most areas of Florida!
I will concede on a few of those points except the summer weather...some of us like it HOT! ;)"

The occasional sweltering weather likely forces clever revolver/pistol holster choices for those hottest days.
One of these days I want to fly down to Florida in mid-winter to experience Florida winter conditions in-person.
 nocrapzone
Msg: 306
Posted: 1/27/2015 2:27:12 PM
You're so cute when you get all angry and riled up, Robbie-wobbie
 kj521
Msg: 307
Posted: 1/27/2015 2:40:50 PM
Eric......

"The occasional sweltering weather likely forces clever revolver/pistol holster choices for those hottest days."

Tell me about it......trying to figure out how to conceal a gun in a bikini creates quite the dilemna! :D

"One of these days I want to fly down to Florida in mid-winter to experience Florida winter conditions in-person."

And should this occur.....I know a fantastic place for mojitos and margaritas.....so come on down! :)
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2015 3:00:32 PM

^^^^^^^Lmao Joey!

It's not THAT bad in most areas of Florida!

I will concede on a few of those points except the summer weather.......some of us like it HOT! ;)

Really ? one of our retirees lives in your town(probably a few hundred considering we have a 10-13 Orlando club)... he told others NOT to come lol.

TBH the shady people don't bother me so much. I recruit them to work on my ship, and it seems they already come with the uniform and knowledge about using the cannons. Got to love Disney!

That's some great advice you are handing out to Granny Clampett. You know about a 6 shot pump action shotgun. Which means that when a 12 yo from the lower end of the socio-economic scale thinks she isn't home and decides to burgle her house in search of food, she can pull out her shotgun and blow him away with 6 shots. Which is perfectly in line with the psyche of the Wild West "maximum lead in the air". Keep up the good work.

It is a grand idea; because if the person entering her home is 12 yr old he probably has his own gun to bring to the party! They learn crawl, shoot, run in those parts!
 trinity818
Msg: 309
Posted: 1/27/2015 3:55:21 PM

You remind me of the gun toting Granny Clampett

lmao. That's some funny shit there.

Did you also build a bomb shelter for protection against the pending Armageddon?

But then you go off the rails with this stupid nonsense.
 trinity818
Msg: 310
Posted: 1/27/2015 4:03:40 PM

Which means that when a 12 yo from the lower end of the socio-economic scale thinks she isn't home and decides to burgle her house in search of food,

And this gem?? What a crock of horseshit.

If a 12 yo wants to burgle my house in "search of food", he will probably not KICK MY DOOR IN or BUST A WINDOW with MY CAR IN THE DRIVEWAY.

Do you even have the ability to reason, or are you just acting like a confrontational ***hole with no reading comprehension?
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 311
Posted: 1/27/2015 4:25:28 PM

Do you even have the ability to reason, or are you just acting like a confrontational ***hole with no reading comprehension?

Trinity that's the way they roll hon, about 5 of them. None of them can give you a first hand experience involving a negative incident with a gun, but by god they can sure find one on the internet to dance around.

You do what you have to do to be safe.
 kj521
Msg: 312
Posted: 1/27/2015 4:39:52 PM
Rob......

"You remind me of the gun toting Granny Clampett."

These kind of statements always amaze me coming from someone who doesn't post a picture themselves......

What are you afraid of Rob? ;)

One thing I do know......your perception of attractiveness and intelligence is way off..... because Trinity is the epitome of both!

VVVVVVV rob.....

"we have the right to bear arms."

Ummm........No..... YOU don't!

So why is your post full of "we"????
 robaustralia
Msg: 313
Posted: 1/27/2015 4:43:14 PM

GUN VIOLENCE ARCHIVE 2015 TOLL OF GUN VIOLENCE
Total Number of Incidents: 2,989
Number of Deaths1: 917
Number of Injuries1: 1,487
Number of Children (age 0-11) Killed/Injured1: 31
Number of Teens (age 12-17) Killed/Injured1: 149
Mass Shooting2: 17
Officer Involved Shooting2: 276
Home Invasion2: 153
Defensive Use2: 100
Accidental Shooting2: 142
Gun Violence Incidents collected and validated from 1200+ sources daily.
1: Actual number of deaths and injuries
2: Number of INCIDENTS reported and verified

Numbers on this table reflect a subset of all information
collected and will not add to 100% of incidents.

www.gunviolencearchive.org www.facebook.com/gunviolencearchive

Data Validated: January 27, 2015

Wow! Not even a full month of 2015 completed and the lack of gun control in the Wild West has already resulted in 917 people being blown away. But of course 142 were accidents, so we can just dismiss those.
We can also dismiss the 180 children killed/injured, because that is the price we are willing to pay because we have the right to bear arms.

Another alarming trend in the Wild West is that gun deaths are trending up and road deaths are trending down and in some States gun deaths exceed road deaths. Which proves that Govt. initiated measures to improve road safety are working.

However we are not prepared to do anything to reduce the gun epidemic in the Wild West because we have the right to bear arms.So it is perfectly acceptable to let this trend continue so our Constitutional rights are upheld.

Heck we will even subject Toy Cos. to strict safety regulations in the manufacture of toys to protect children's safety, Yet we will not even introduce a common sense approach to gun storage so children can have ready have access to guns so they either accidentally shoot themselves or other children. But that is the price we are willing to pay because we have the right to bear arms.
 nocrapzone
Msg: 314
Posted: 1/27/2015 4:52:24 PM
Aww, so cute..Robbie's got his panties in a twist again

According to the World Health Organization, road traffic injuries caused an estimated 1.24 million deaths worldwide in the year 2010, slightly down from 1.26 million in 2000. That is one person is killed by a car, every 25 seconds

the most recent statistics say that 1,299 were killed in a year in Australia

Robbie-wobbie, when are there going to better AUTO controls, and controls on who can be licensed to drive?

there is no reason to accept about 1,300 a year dying, and thousands more crippled for life, just because people see cars as "convenient",

and are too lazy to walk, or cycle, etc.

there is no excuse for FATAL "Collisions" which are rarely true 'accidents' but more likely caused by inattention , sloppy habits , and people being in too much of a rush to properly adhere to safety rules

1,300 a year in Oz-land alone, Robbie
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 315
Posted: 1/27/2015 5:16:11 PM

Aww, so cute..Robbie's got his panties in a twist again

Is that what daddy desires, you sexy griet you.
 aj7125
Msg: 316
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:27:07 PM
crookcatcher, you are right, there are around 5 posters in here that are something else!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 317
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:33:01 PM
The word is: Scelerophobia. . . .

I've said for long that one is only as rich as what one doesn't need.

Have to add that we're only as happy as what we don't fear.

aj7125
Msg: 318
Posted: 1/27/2015 6:57:52 PM
wooby, we all fear automobile drivers who cause so many deaths every year. I don't care if someone owns a gun in their home because I don't break into houses. And us homeowners, we use doors that have locks on them, we all have them. And when we lock our doors at night we are safe. When someone violates us, we defend our right to not be overcome by thugs and lowlifes. Why don't liberals want to teach people not to do criminal actions? Why do you have more empathy for a criminal then a person who is in their house not committing a crime???? Why don't you have a "conversation" with parents and how they need to raise their children? It is the same old thing, just like the protests in Ferguson that had nothing to do with race. You ignore the main problems and then you feel you have the right to protest something that isn't there. You jump on the hate bandwagon and put everything into one reason or problem. You defeat any hope of dealing with real problems, real hatred, real racism. You allow criminals to be criminals and you do nothing to reverse that problem, nothing at all. When I use the word "you", I am speaking to liberal bleeding hearts who totally do no good as far as helping reverse what really is the problem with society today.

^^^^^skootchie, you fit my post perfectly, along with the 4 or 5 others. Wish you could be of help to what is wrong, but you continue to disappoint. Hopefully you will see the light one day. We all are hopeful!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 319
Posted: 1/27/2015 7:39:32 PM
aj--startled that you saw that as a hate post. I feel enormous pity for those who regulate their lives based on fears drummed up by those ready to make a profit on those fears. Those that get view ratings, those that get elected, those that bank those fears. Those that get elected and prevent any serious study on the actual violence around us because it serves their reelection dreams to do so. I have worked my whole life to try to get politicians elected who are honest, who don't take petrodollars or Kochdollars or crimedollars. I've boycotted a couple of pretty big businesses for going on decades because I hate what they do to babies, children. I've picked up hitchhikers, brought them home, and found them homes. I've rehomed stray dogs, and have children who've rehomed stray children. Have been a haven for alcoholics' children. Have tutored at my local middle-school. I've supported laws that work to make pregnancies healthy, and children in low income homes healthy. To make sure that ALL school libraries in my county have books, not just those in white areas. I don't especially like criminals, nor the sanctimonious, either. There's a whole series of problems that face us as a culture, and as citizens of this planet, that I stay informed about, donate to, and occasionally march or demonstrate for. If that makes me someone who infuriates you, and whom you don't wish to associate with, fine. Your choice.

Perceptions Haven’t Caught Up to Decline in Crime

SEPT. 16, 2014

Justin Wolfers

Here’s a narrative you rarely hear: Our lives are safer. This message is so rarely heard that half of all respondents to a recent YouGov poll suggested that the violent crime rate had risen over the past two decades. The reality, of course, is that it has fallen enormously.

The decline in violent crime is one of the most striking trends over recent decades; the rate has declined roughly by half since 1993.

To be precise, the F.B.I.'s count of violent crimes reported to law enforcement has declined from a rate of 747 violent incidents per 100,000 people in 1993 to 387 incidents per 100,000 people in 2012, which is the most recent year for which it has published complete data. This reflects the fact that over this period, the homicide rate has fallen by 51 percent; forcible rapes have declined by 35 percent; robberies have decreased by 56 percent; and the rate of aggravated assault has been cut by 45 percent. Property crime rates are also sharply down.
Continue reading the main story
You Are Indeed Safer

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/17/upshot/perceptions-havent-caught-up-to-decline-in-crime.html?_r=0
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2015 10:18:14 PM
^^^and many of us know the reason for this drop in crime: More guns = less crime.

Disarming Realities: As Gun Sales Soar, Gun Crimes Plummet

A couple of new studies reveal the gun-control hypesters’ worst nightmare…more people are buying firearms, while firearm-related homicides and suicides are steadily diminishing. What crackpots came up with these conclusions? One set of statistics was compiled by the U.S. Department of Justice. The other was reported by the Pew Research Center.

According to DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. gun-related homicides dropped 39 percent over the course of 18 years, from 18,253 during 1993, to 11,101 in 2011. During the same period, non-fatal firearm crimes decreased even more, a whopping 69 percent. The majority of those declines in both categories occurred during the first 10 years of that time frame. Firearm homicides declined from 1993 to 1999, rose through 2006, and then declined again through 2011. Non-fatal firearm violence declined from 1993 through 2004, then fluctuated in the mid-to-late 2000s.

Pew researchers observed that the huge amount of attention devoted to gun violence incidents in the media has caused most Americans to be unaware that gun crime is “strikingly down” from 20 years ago. In fact, gun-related homicides in the late 2000s were “equal to those not seen since the early 1960s.” Yet their survey found that 56 percent believed gun-related crime is higher, 26 percent believed it stayed about the same, and 6 percent didn’t know. Only 12 percent of those polled thought it was lower.

The Pew survey found that while women and elderly were actually less likely to become crime victims, they were more likely to believe gun crime had increased in recent years. On the other hand, men, who were more likely to become victims, were more likely know that the gun rate had dropped.

Those gun crime rates certainly aren’t diminishing for lack of supply…at least not for law-abiding legal buyers. Last December, the FBI recorded a record number of 2.78 million background checks for purchases that month, surpassing a 2.01 million mark set the month before by about 39 percent. That December 2012 figure, in turn, was up 49 percent from a previous record on that month the year before. FBI checks for all of 2012 totaled 19.6 million, an annual record, and an increase of 19 percent over 2011.

61% of firearm retailers responding to a NSSF survey reported an increase in female customers. A 2009 NSSF survey indicated that the number of women purchasing guns for personal defense increased a whopping 83 percent.

Is John Lott, the author of “More Guns, Less Crime” right? Does the rapid growth of gun ownership and armed citizens have anything to do with a diminishing gun violence trend? His expansive research concludes that state “shall issue” laws which allow citizens to carry concealed weapons do produce a steady decrease in violent crime. He explains that this is logical because criminals are deterred by the risk of attacking an armed target, so as more citizens arm themselves, danger to the criminals increases.

Whether or not you buy that reasoning, and it does make sense to me, what about the notion that tougher gun laws have or would make any difference? With the toughest gun laws in the nation, Chicago saw homicides jump to 513 in 2012, a 15% hike in a single year. The city’s murder rate is 15.65 per 100,000 people, compared with 4.5 for the Midwest, and 5.6 for Illinois.

Up to 80 percent of Chicago murders and non-fatal shootings are gang- related, primarily young black and Hispanic men killed by other black and Hispanic men. Would tightening gun laws even more, or “requiring” background checks, change these conditions?

Yet in the general population, and although the agenda-driven media hasn’t noticed, we can be grateful that gun violence has been trending downward since 1993 when it hit its last peak. Don’t want to credit a rise in gun ownership and concealed carry by law-abiding citizens for this good news? Fine. But then, don’t imagine that gun legislation is the reason or answer either. Leave that illusion to gun-control cheerleaders in the media.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/05/14/disarming-realities-as-gun-sales-soar-gun-crimes-plummet/
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 321
Posted: 1/27/2015 11:52:02 PM
^^^^^
Good points in there.

Won't make any difference to some of those above you though. They're wound tighter than a cheap timex.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 322
Posted: 1/28/2015 12:20:52 AM
^^^

Dr. Lott is a remarkable researcher. He began his analysis as a person who leaned towards restricting firearms.
As his data became more and more comprehensive he completely changed his viewpoint to show how guns reduce crime.

His education is very impressive. Dr. Lott earned his B.A. in 1980, M.A. in 1982, and Ph.D. in 1984 from UCLA.
He has held positions in law and economics at well-known educational institutions. These include Yale Law School, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton Business School, Texas A&M University, and Rice University.
 raxarsr
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2015 12:35:05 AM
all these people claiming that someone who breaks into your home only want your stuff are forgetting one very important thing...........................the one thing they want more than your stuff is NOT TO GET CAUGHT.................which means that once they discover that you are home..theres no telling what they might do to keep from getting caught.......i've lived my 55 years in households that always had readily accessable firearms in them...................not one single occurance of anything remotely dangerous or life threatning
 robaustralia
Msg: 324
Posted: 1/28/2015 1:20:13 AM

GUN VIOLENCE ARCHIVE 2015 TOLL OF GUN VIOLENCE
Total Number of Incidents: 3,069
Number of Deaths1: 941

Gee, another 24 people blown away by gun violence in less than 24 hours! Keep up the good work though, you are really enhancing your reputation as the "land of the free"

Bearing in mind that is the price you are willing to pay because you have the right to bear arms.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 325
Posted: 1/28/2015 1:32:53 AM
Plenty of silly data behind those so-called statistics.
Liberal hoplophobe sites typically also include police shootings, justifiable homicides, thug-on-thug crime, and suicides.
All events that make for inflated numbers, yet have little impact on quality-of-life for the vast majority.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.