Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _babblefish
Msg: 376
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 16 of 58    (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42)

just got tired of adding them up and quit. And these were just the ones listed on crimestoppers.

No telling how many pages are on Chicago's crimestoppers.

You should be glad Vancouver is so crime free.

it isn't crime free, it's escalating each year, ie gang violence, trafficking etc.. one of reasons I resent the US and it's
ideologies of average citizens and what is available for weaponry is the trafficking of these arms into my country

it's bleeding over (no pun intended) and it's concerning, am I glad I live where I do, of course, last week I went
for lunch at a dive ( urban spoon high marks) in the poorest postal code in Canada, nervousness didn't cross my
mind once..
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 377
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 1/30/2015 5:37:30 PM

Posted by _babblefish:
"it isn't crime free, it's escalating each year, ie gang violence, trafficking etc.. one of reasons I resent the US and it's
ideologies of average citizens and what is available for weaponry is the trafficking of these arms into my country."

So contact your legislators and advise you wish mandatory prison sentences for Canadian citizens found with firearms.
If firearms are as despised as you portray, it should be easy for such a law to pass.
Out of curiosity...if the good people of Canada dislike firearms so much...why are they arriving in your country?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 378
Posted: 1/30/2015 5:56:41 PM

So contact your legislators and advise you wish mandatory prison sentences for Canadian citizens found with firearms.

Because we do not (yet) have a run for profit prison system, there is no reason for mandatory sentences, as all they do is cost the tax payers more money and change nothing with regards to the crime rate.

This is cover most of it, though given your behavior (acting like a 4 year old and changing thread titles) this may be a bit too adult for you.

Mandatory Minimum Sentences
Prepared by: Wade Riordan Raaflaub
Law and Government Division
18 January 2006
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/LOP/researchpublications/prb0553-e.htm

If firearms are as despised as you portray, it should be easy for such a law to pass.

See above.

Out of curiosity...if the good people of Canada dislike firearms so much...why are they arriving in your country?

Out of curiosity...Are you really that dim to think that ~30million people would all hold the same opinion?
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 379
Posted: 1/30/2015 5:57:03 PM
The bad guys are buying the guns here...the drug dealers shoot each other, the biker gang guys shoot each other. They pick each other off and for the most part, the good citizens are not collateral damage. I'd say drugs are the biggest issues. And we don't dislike firearms, we just use them for hunting. We just had a killing of a police officer here by a career criminal. The criminal was actually good enough to kill himself after, saved having a trial. I believe it's an automatic Life sentence with no chance of parole for 40 years for killing a police officer, but don't quote me. The police stopped him for a stolen vehicle....one dead police officer, one wounded officer and a dead criminal all over a stolen vehicle. Sad. But I don't anticipate a flurry of people getting weapons for their personal protection after this event. Maybe we just look at things differently, different mind sets, different outlooks. We, Canadians and Americans, are more the same than different...we are like cousins or brothers from different mothers. But we do have a differing opinion when it comes to guns. That's why I said - Eric, you don't need a gun, just be you.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2015 7:50:04 PM

I've been talking about recognising the public safety problem and have suggested only that sensible regulation might mitigate it.

this is the crux of the problem,who defines what is sensible, being that guns ownership is are already regulated where is the stopping point and who decides?

It isn't mysterious. All of the wealthy developed western nations have already defined 'sensible' for you, as evidenced by the fact they all have insignificant per capita rates of accidentally shot children, much much lower per capita murder rates, and much much much lower per capita gun death rates.
It's pointlessly obstructive to imply, as you are, that nothing at all can, or should, be done because not only can no one can work out what 'sensible' means, no one can even imagine how a consensus might be reached as to who might start trying to work out what 'sensible' means.

You are employing the usual liberal tactic alleging a severe problem and offering regulation to prevent this alleged problem as a solution...in the process further infringing on our rights...

You are employing the usual communist tactic of trying to poison the well and illegitimise issues without actually addressing them.
What's especially funny is that you are referring to the (alleged) difficulty of finding someone to define 'sensible' as the "crux of the problem" while dismissing the known fact of hundreds of annual careless and accidental deaths as an 'alleged problem'.

Do you have trouble walking and breathing at the same time?

How do you feel about voted ID?

What are you talking about? What does "voted ID" have to do with public safety?
Does your mind often wander in this way?
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 381
Posted: 1/31/2015 5:46:17 AM
Hearing about tensions boiling over from time to time in the US, usually after some incident where a white police officer's excessive use of force caused the death of a black person.. factoring in anyplace with ethnic gang activity and/or presence in a neighbourhood..and this could spark xenophobia, likely creating another aspect of the fear.
@ msg 380..I just didn't agree with the phrasing, regardless... And apparent implication earlier - this you've cleared up now so, fair enough. Since this issue arose, as another poster pointed out, from a diversion, it's not even really worth giving air time to, for it only creates fodder for the troller.

Airplanes don't kill people. Crazed and radicalized Islamists do.

A couple of "Crazed and radicalized Islamists" flying at 800kmph would have splattered on the outside of the building.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 382
Posted: 1/31/2015 5:57:38 AM

Airplanes don't kill people. Crazed and radicalized Islamists do.

Guns don't kill people, crazed radicalized christains who incite hate and violence towards others like Becky do.

Radicalized chrsistain, Christine Weick interrupts Texas Muslim Capitol Day speaker
myfoxaustin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4-C0aZ3V1Q&feature=youtu.be
 Walts
Msg: 383
Posted: 1/31/2015 6:45:16 AM

Nobody sought to outlaw the tools used by the terrorists.

No but, after Sept 11th there sure were a lot of rule changes, and in effect, an effort in trying to control who gets on a plane, correct?????

No changes at all down south, because of your "right", correct? No one is saying "outlawing" guns but, suggesting that maybe those of you down south take a serious freaking look at maybe a little better "control". But, again, we can't have that because of your "rights".
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 384
Posted: 1/31/2015 12:36:59 PM
The problem is that Republicans *NEED* gun votes. Just like they need militant born-again votes, and just like they need Southern racist votes. The need to win is a terrible thing, when you must lay by the roadside all the principles that once made you a serious party and march on. Add to that the sheer looniness of the TeaWing, and you've got trubble right here in River City. Ask Boehner: poor man can't even pass Republican legislation without the help of a certain number of Democrats to help.

I'd say there's about 30% of the electorate which is totally unhinged, and they're all over there behind the Republican bastions. Doesn't really lead to good governance, and now it's beginning to look like it's about to lead to no governance at all. . . .
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 385
Posted: 1/31/2015 1:59:43 PM

Posted by Walts:
"...after Sept 11th there sure were a lot of rule changes, and in effect, an effort in trying to control who gets on a plane, correct?..."

Lawful and decent Americans do not wish for murderous terrorists to board commercial aircraft.
Lawful and decent Americans do not wish for murderous criminals to own or possess firearms, either.
I think we are squarely on the "same sheet of music" in that regard.

NRA could perhaps swing your interest if a weekly bottle of high-quality whiskey was given free with each membership.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 386
Posted: 1/31/2015 2:20:10 PM

As for gun-related crime in general, a 2001 BBC article reported that in Switzerland "the gun crime rate is so low that statistics are not even kept."

Geez louise... you'll swallow anything you are handed... without ever bothering to find out if it is real...

The Swiss ABSOLUTELY DO keep stats on gun violence... you just have to know how to read it... Here is the latest...

http://www.bfs.admin.ch/bfs/portal/de/index/themen/19/03/02/key/02/03.html

typically also include police shootings, justifiable homicides, thug-on-thug crime, and suicides.

Yes... the conservative gun nuts sure do like to do that... don't they...?

Seems like they want the scariest stats imaginable... even if they have to "invent" them (like including data on child molestation for example)... but the dangerous gun stats... well... suddenly dead children aren't nearly as important as raped children (even though guns aren't even available to them in the first place)...

Here is a prime example of doing just that...

Let's look at 2013

Violent Crime every 27.1 sec. 1,163,690
Rape every 6.6 min. 87,454
Aggravated assault every 43.5 sec 724,965
Robbery every 1.5 min 350,400
Burglary every 16.4 sec 1,922,926

83% of those over the age of twelve will be a victim of a violent crime in their lifetime of those 52% will be a victim a second time.

I don't really care what anyone's view on gun control is. But if you base your view on the perception that "it's not that bad out there" your clueless or you're living in that gated community ignoring the reality. If you manage to get through life without being a victim kudos to you. But there's 4,249,435 people who probably thought the same thing in 2013.

What is your answer to that...?

*waits patently for the "rubber-glue" retort*

eric--you set your bar pretty low.

Those are some good numbers you posted there Wooby...

Now... I'll add some context and analysis to them... just for sh!ts and giggles... Here are the results of an analysis of variance and... just for good measure... the correlation coefficient and the "t" stat... comparing gun ownership rates and gun death rates...

sd1= 19.3113
sd2= 2.6069
f= 54.8739 (significant)

m1= 30.69
m2= 4.23
sd1= 19.3113
sd2= 2.6069
r= 0.8318
t=5.079 (significant)

and some "breakout" stats for those numbers...

ownership rates x homicide rates, r= 0.615

ownership rates x gun homicide rates, r= 0.897

homicide rates x gun homicide rates, r= 0.807

And here is a neat little comparison... gun deaths and homicide means and standard deviations... Europe/Pacific countries including the US compared to Europe/Pacific countries alone...

gun deaths (incl. US)
X=2.263
sd=1.92

gun deaths (eur/pac only)
X=1.887
sd=0.95

homicides (incl. US)
X=1.295
sd=0.982

homicides (eur/pac only)
X=1.11
sd=0.548

Quite the difference there... Is it the result of having fewer guns with tighter restrictions...? or... Is it cultural in that the European and Pacific countries simply much less... culturally muderous and violent... than US culture...?
 aj7125
Msg: 387
Posted: 1/31/2015 2:51:40 PM
Just like anything, people have a responsibility of what they do and not do. So just like criminals, they are the ones we should be focusing on.

Here is a very interesting video:

http://radioviceonline.com/bill-whittle-virtual-president-gun-control-video/
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 388
Posted: 1/31/2015 4:23:39 PM

Just like anything, people have a responsibility of what they do and not do. So just like criminals, they are the ones we should be focusing on.

Here is a very interesting video:

THAT'S your answer...?!? A pretty little story about "predators and prey"...?!?

You do realize that doesn't change what the numbers I posted show... fewer guns is associated with fewer homicides and gun deaths...

It seems... that when the "predator and prey" use the same tool... that reducing that tool... reduces the number of "prey" who fall victim to the "predator"... Who would have thought it so...?

So... Which is it...? Is it the result of having fewer guns with tighter restrictions...? or... Is it cultural in that the European and Pacific countries are simply much less... culturally murderous and violent... than US culture...?
 robaustralia
Msg: 389
Posted: 1/31/2015 4:49:53 PM

GUN VIOLENCE ARCHIVE 2015 TOLL OF GUN VIOLENCE
Total Number of Incidents: 3,425
Number of Deaths1: 1,036
Number of Injuries1: 1,664
Number of Children (age 0-11) Killed/Injured1: 34
Number of Teens (age 12-17) Killed/Injured1: 167

In less than two days another another 29 people blown away and another 13 children killed/injured in the Wild West.

I read some of the incidents from this site, but they are no longer there, so I can't quote them.

Anyway, one was where a 2yo boy managed to get a loaded handgun out of a glovebox and shot himself to death.I'm pretty sure it was in Florida and I can't find anywhere in Florida's gun laws (or lack thereof) where it even comes close to suggesting that if you feel the need to have a loaded handgun in your glovebox it would be a good idea to lock it when children are around, however perhaps it was locked and the 2yo managed to find the keys and unlock the glovebox, in which case it was a tragic accident.
However I doubt it, pretty sensible gun laws eh?

Another one was where two teenage girls retrieved a handgun from their parents bedroom and shot their 16 yo brother to death.So I'm going to assume that the handgun was in a bedside drawer.The parents were not home at the time.This was also in Florida and once again there is no requirement to securely store a handgun so children can't have access.

Gee if you feel the need to keep a loaded handgun in your bedside drawer, it would be a good idea to lock it away when you leave children at home unsupervised or supervised for that matter.
Pretty sensible gun laws eh?

The tragedy of that is a dead 16 yo and parents being charged with not supervising their children, no mention of breaking any gun laws though.

Another one was where a security guard blew away his two daughters, Wife and mother in law. So I will have to assume he used the weapon he carries when at work.
Which means he is allowed to take his weapon home.Well if the law precluded him from taking his weapon home, that tragedy may not have happened. However he might as easily have gone to his local gunshop and purchased a weapon, so who knows. But if he had to take the time to do that, it might not have happened. Who knows.

Pretty sensible gun laws eh?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 390
Posted: 1/31/2015 5:03:43 PM

Anyway, one was where a 2yo boy managed to get a loaded handgun out of a glovebox and shot himself to death.I'm pretty sure it was in Florida and I can't find anywhere in Florida's gun laws...

There are crazy parts of the world, and then there is Florida, built on the back of the cocaine boom of the 80's where people go to die and others go to party and the republicans are fleecing the sh*t out of the state.

They have a governor trying to make everyone take drug test if you are on welfare, which is only the half of it, because one of the companies he help found will be doing all the testing.

His reasoning why it should be ok,

Scott divested his interest in the company but gave most shares to his wife.)
 aj7125
Msg: 391
Posted: 1/31/2015 5:04:09 PM
Gun Violence is Not a Republican Problem, It’s a Democratic Problem

January 18, 2013 by Daniel Greenfield 19 Comments

Forget Wal-Mart and skip your local gun show. The murderers of tomorrow will not be found wearing orange vests at your local sporting goods store. They won’t have NRA memberships or trophies on their walls.

You won’t find them in America. Look for them in Obamerica.

67% of firearm murders took place in the country’s 50 largest metro areas. The 62 cities in those metro areas have a firearm murder rate of 9.7, more than twice the national average. Among teenagers the firearm murder rate is 14.6 or almost three times the national average.

Those are the crowded cities of Obamerica. Those are the places with the most restrictive gun control laws and the highest crime rates. And many of them have been run by Democrats and their political machines for almost as long as they have been broken.

Obama won every major city in the election, except for Jacksonville and Salt Lake City. And the higher the death rate, the bigger his victory.

He won New Orleans by 80 to 17 where the murder rate is ten times higher than the national average. He won Detroit, where the murder rate of 53 per 100,000 people is the second highest in the country and twice as high as any country in the world, including the Congo and South Africa. He won it 73 to 26. And then he celebrated his victory in Chicago where the murder rate is three times the statewide average.

These places aren’t America. They’re Obamerica.

In 2006, the 54% of the population living in those 50 metro areas was responsible for 67% of armed killings nationwide. Those are disproportionate numbers especially when you consider that for the people living in most of those cities walking into a store and legally buying a gun is all but impossible.

Mayors of Obamerican cities blame guns because it’s easier than blaming people and now the President of Obamerica has turned to the same shameless tactic. The NRA counters that people kill people, but that’s exactly why Obamerican leaders would rather talk about the guns.

Chicago, the capital of Obamerica, is a city run by gangs and politicians. It has 68,000 gang members, four times the number of police officers. Chicago politicians solicit the support of gang members in their campaigns, accepting laundered contributions from them, hiring their members and tipping them off about upcoming police raids. And their biggest favor to the gang bosses is doing nothing about the epidemic of gang violence.

80% of Chicago’s murders are gang-related. But in 1999 when a bill came up in the Illinois State Senate to charge anyone carrying out a firearm attack on school property as an adult, a law that would have largely affected gang members, the future leader of Obamerica voted present. Had he not voted present, it is doubtful that he would have been reelected in an area where gang leaders wield a great deal of influence.

The majority of murders in the cities with the worst homicide rates are gang-related. And while it isn’t always possible to be certain whether a killing was gang-related, the majority of homicide victims in city after city have been found to have criminal records.

In 2010, there were 11,078 firearm homicides in the United States and over 2,000 known gang-related killings, over 90% of which are carried out with firearms. Since 1981, Los Angeles alone has had 16,000 gang related homicides. That’s more than twice the number of Americans killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This is what Obamerica looks like. It’s a place where life is cheap and illegal guns are as available as illegal drugs. It’s the war that we aren’t talking about, because it’s easier to talk about the inanimate objects being used to fight that war.

There are, as John Edwards said, two Americas. America is a country that runs pretty well. And then there’s Obamerica. Not all of Obamerica is broken, but a lot of it is. America does not have a gun violence problem. Obamerica does. And Obamerica has a gun violence problem for the same reason that it has a drug problem and a broken family problem.

Democratic leaders and machines, combined with social workers and justice crusaders have run Obamerica into the ground. Obamerican cities used to be the homes of industry and progress. Now they’re places where young Black and Hispanic men kill each other in growing numbers.

America does not need gun control. It is a mostly law-abiding place. And gun control cannot help Obamerica. Not when its murder rate is driven by gangs who have no trouble obtaining anything; whether it’s legal in the United States or not.

This country does not need to have a conversation about how many bullets should go in a clip. It does need to have a conversation about how many parents should go in a family. It needs to talk about the ghettos of Obamerica and have a serious conversation about broken families and generational dependency.

Obama has become a role model to millions of people in the black community. If anyone can address these problems, it’s him. But instead of trying to solve the problems of Obamerica, instead of doing something about the high levels of unemployment, the broken families and the glamorization of drug dealing and violent crime, he wimped out and picked a fight with rural America.

AIDS prevention was sabotaged by the claim that the disease was a general problem spreading through the population. It wasn’t. Neither is gun violence.

Adam Lanza is as much of a poster boy for gun violence, as Ryan White was for AIDS. A better poster boy for gun violence might be Jay-Z, who boasts of having been a drug dealer and claims to have shot his brother at the age of 12. The drug dealer to millionaire rapper is the Horatio Alger story of Obamerica. And Jay-Z can be seen partying with Obama.

If Obama really wants to get serious about gun violence, then all he has to do is turn to the man standing next to him. But Obama, like every Chicago politician before him, don’t want to end the violence. The death toll is profitable, not just for rappers writing bad poetry about dealing drugs and shooting rivals, but for the politicians atop that heap who score money and gain power by using the problems of Obamerica as some sort of call to conscience for the rest of the country.

That’s what Obama is doing now. Hiding behind Newtown and adorable little kids is the grim specter of Obamerica’s death toll. It’s buried inside the gruesome figures of how many Americans are shot each year issued as an indictment against the entire country in general and gun owners in particular. But those numbers are not an indictment of America. They are an indictment of Democratic mayors and liberal social policy. They are an indictment of Obama.

We need to set aside the same old tired social justice rhetoric and have a serious conversation about what is wrong with New Orleans, Detroit and Chicago. And we need to do it before it’s too late.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 392
Posted: 1/31/2015 5:31:58 PM
AJ7125...you are precisely correct.
What society needs is criminal control and not gun control as they are entirely different.
Oh, and last night in the United States of America, we are pleased to share 318,935,192 of our firearms hurt nobody.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 393
Posted: 1/31/2015 5:34:50 PM

Step 1: Blame poor people.

Step 2: Profit.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 394
Posted: 1/31/2015 6:24:33 PM

You just can't face up to it... can you...?

"Obamerica"...?!?

Well... I guess it was to be expected...

When logic, facts and reality fail... it's time to whip out the dogwhistles... and rally the klan...

AJ7125...you are precisely correct.

And... the white-hooded chorus of happy-slappers... is right behind...

It must be Obama's fault... but is it...?

Violent crime rate during Obama admin:

2012 386.9
2011 387.1
2010 404.5
2009 431.9

When has this number been lower than today... you ask...? Well... I'll tell you... but you expected that already... didn't you...?

The following years:

1960-1970...

And lower than the worst number under Obama...?

1971-1973... and... 2010-2012...

But again... when logic, facts and reality fail... well... just watch...
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 395
Posted: 1/31/2015 6:37:06 PM

Posted by _mungojoe_:
"...it's time to whip out the dogwhistles... and rally the klan...
And... the white-hooded chorus of happy-slappers... is right behind..."

Incorrect.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 396
Posted: 1/31/2015 9:10:43 PM

Incorrect.

Debated just like a stupid neocon
 Walts
Msg: 397
Posted: 2/1/2015 5:31:44 AM

Lawful and decent Americans do not wish for murderous terrorists to board commercial aircraft.
Lawful and decent Americans do not wish for murderous criminals to own or possess firearms, either.

Difference being there is an actual effort put in to "try" and "do something" about people boarding a plane.

With the guns, you are still worried about your "rights", and haven't done sweet phuck all to change who has them since, well, forever. Same old, same old.

If you are looking in, like I am, this type of "thinking" is mind boggling. Does it have something to do with the belief that those "bad" people trying to get on a plane to do harm are not gonna be an American citizen?
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 398
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2015 7:15:16 PM

Yes - because everybody knows that lawful and decent Americans NEVER do anything wrong, or do stupid things. 'Cause they're like, lawful and decent and stuff.

This was today:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/02/01/toddler-shoots-pregnant-mother-father-at-new-mexico-motel

A 3-year-old boy shot and wounded his father and pregnant mother with a 9 mm handgun that he pulled out of the woman's purse while searching for an iPad, police in New Mexico said on Sunday.

Both parents needed hospital treatment for non-life threatening injuries after the bullet went through his father's buttocks and into his mother's shoulder, Albuquerque Police Department Officer Simon Drobik said.The woman, who is 8-months-pregnant, is being kept at the hospital for observation. The man has been released, said Drobik, who was first to arrive at the scene of the incident at an Albuquerque motel on Saturday afternoon.

"On the kid's side, it's a horrible accident that happened, but the parents are still culpable," Drobik said. "They should have secured the gun."

The couple could face felony negligence charges. The child does not face criminal charges, Drobik said.

The woman told police she purchased the gun the day before the incident, Drobik said. The man is not legally allowed to have a firearm because he has previously been convicted of a felony crime.

The family, including a two-year-old girl and the children's grandmother, had been living in an America's Best Value Inn for about a week with their two pit bulls when the incident occurred.

Following the shooting, the children were placed with child protective services for at least 48 hours. The dogs were taken by animal control staff.

That child is obviously a criminal and should be jailed for life.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 399
Posted: 2/1/2015 8:00:49 PM

Posted by NotGorshkovAgain:
"That child is obviously a criminal and should be jailed for life."

You are being far too harsh here. The child is not yet in kindergarten.

Written by the Ottawa Sun:
"The couple could face felony negligence charges. The child does not face criminal charges, Drobik said."

Tragic accident. Justice will be served.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 400
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2015 8:23:27 PM

What society needs is criminal control and not gun control as they are entirely different.

You don't think the numbers of children under 14 being 'accidentally' killed every year deserves attention? Because, you know... it's not 'criminals' shooting the children. Of the few hundred under 14's who are 'accidentally' shot and killed every year 8 out of 10 are shot at home, in the family car, or at the home of a relative.

Nor is it only 'criminals' who shoot their wives and ex-wives during domestic disputes. Given the numbers, it must overwhelmingly be 'law abiding' gun owners who are doing it.

Mass shootings, though spectacular, are actually only a blip on the (US) gun homicide figures - the huge totals are produced by the relentless daily toll - but it's not generally hardened career 'criminals' who burst into schools, workplaces, or malls, and mow down as many people as they feel they practically can.
It's disgruntled students or ex-students and it's law abiding responsible (up until that moment) gun owning employees, ex-employees, or someones ex-boyfriend.

Strangely, the student mass killers seem to have no trouble obtaining a gun or multiple guns. They apparently obtain their arsenals by either purchasing them at gun shops (despite being youthful and obviously unhinged - I say obviously unhinged because it frequently comes out in the aftermath that all their classmates had known for years they were crazy), purchasing them by mail over the internet, or simply lifting them from wherever they're laying about in the parental home.

How will "criminal control" reduce, or have any effect at all, on any of the scenarios above?

It's like gun proponents put a blindfold on themselves and then try to describe reality from behind it. The common denominator in all the gun deaths (and the injury toll which is about 3-5 times larger from memory) is not that a 'criminal' was present at the scene. The common denominator is the gun.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.