Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dragonbytes
Msg: 501
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 21 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)

Feinstein just told you she'd take every gun off of you if she had the votes.

If you post the whole speech, she was talking about PIZZAs.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 502
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 2/8/2015 11:08:02 AM

As you are aware, 18 U.S.C. 922(a)(6) makes the attempted purchase of a firearm by an individual who knowingly provides false information on a firearm transfer application (ATF Form 4473) a federal felony offense. In simple terms, it is a federal felony, punishable for up to ten years in prison, for felons, fugitives, domestic abusers or any other category of prohibited person to attempt to purchase a firearm if they knowingly falsify the purchase application.

Of the 204,000 attempted purchases stopped by NICS in 1999, the BJS report states that 71 percent of the rejections were for a felony conviction or indictment, 12 percent were for a disqualifying domestic violence conviction and three percent were rejected because the applicant was a fugitive from justice. Thus, 86 percent (approximately 175,440 persons) of those rejected by the instant check system had de facto committed another felony by falsifying ATF Form 4473. However, federal firearm prosecutions in aggregate totaled only 6,728. Although the report indicated the statistics for 1999 are preliminary data, that is a prosecution rate of only 3.29 percent. To put it another way, for every thirty rejected applications for a firearm transfer, there was only one prosecution.

Interesting... and utterly irrelevant to any point here... Just a lot of smoke to distract from the point.

Why is that you ask...? Well... I'll tell you (but you knew that already)... Read the bolded part... Now... go read the bolded part again... Do you see the irrelevancy yet...? If you're an "anti-gun control" type you've probably still missed it... So... go read the bolded part again...

Now do you see it...? No...? Well... the point is found in the word "stopped"... as in... these were ALL guns which were NOT sold to someone... and NOT sold means... wait for it... that the person was not sold the firearm... meaning NICS did what it is supposed to do...

Now... your point was to b!tch about these people... who weren't allowed to buy a gun... not being charged for trying to buy a gun that wasn't sold to them... How does charging them for lying control the number of guns in the wrong hands in even the smallest way...? Hint: it doesn't... they were already denied their purchase...

In fact... logic dictates... that in order to charge them for lying to obtain a gun... we have to catch them attempting it... which... obviously... means they were denied the gun purchase in the first place...

Your b!tching about this... as if it had even some minor impact on gun violence... or the criminal use of guns... is pure self-delusion... you either haven't thought the point through at all... or you have and are being disingenuous with intent to be disingenuous...

Nothing... absolutely nothing... about prosecuting people for being caught lying... and denied a firearm purchase because of it... does even one thing to impact the prevalence of gun violence...

Again... it is all smoke... and little to no truth in its intent... It is just more of that "anti-gun control" logic... which is to say... no logic at all... just misdirection, deception and deceit... Just like all those other "anti-gun control" deceptions which have already been shot down...

If you want people to see your point... it really does help to make honest and relevant points in the first place... otherwise... you just come off as deliberately deceitful... or worse... abjectly stupid... and I am sure that is not your intent...
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 503
Posted: 2/8/2015 11:41:36 AM

Of the 204,000 attempted purchases stopped by NICS in 1999, the BJS report states that 71 percent of the rejections were for a felony conviction or indictment, 12 percent were for a disqualifying domestic violence conviction and three percent were rejected because the applicant was a fugitive from justice. Thus, 86 percent (approximately 175,440 persons) of those rejected by the instant check system had de facto committed another felony by falsifying ATF Form 4473.

Oh... and I almost forgot this little part of the deception...

Notice the bolded part...? This is one of the worst of the lies the writer attempts to foist...

What the writer is so dishonestly trying to do... is conflate the rejection of an application... with deliberate falsification by the prospective purchaser... as if EVERY rejection were the result of a deliberate lie by the applicant... Yet nothing in the stat provided indicates whether the form was completed deceptively (knowingly so, obviously... because that is what the law requires)... and rejected... or completed correctly... and rejected...
 tgif111
Msg: 504
Posted: 2/8/2015 3:12:16 PM

a simple perview of the prior posting page will show that "DiFi"'s commenting about taking "all" was taken out of context, she was merely referring to taking "all" of one type of weapon that has no hunting purpose (even GI's are getting sick of the 62 grain 5.56mm performance)

of course their tactic is to take one at a time. but the idea is to take ALL of ALL of our guns EVENTUALLY.

we have a saying in real estate investment and flipping. you've just bought a big old house and you want to flip it.

you can't do it all at once. there is a process and in that process we ask the question..........

HOW DO YOU EAT AN ELEPHANT?

answer: ONE BITE AT A TIME.

they want to take our guns. but they can't do it all at once. so they'll take one bite at a time.

a nibble here and a nibble there.

wake up!!
 flyguy51
Msg: 505
Posted: 2/8/2015 3:23:19 PM
^^^ Having been caught erecting a blatant, proven strawman, the goalposts are swiftly shifted. It is an object lesson in invalid argumentation.

There was no outcry when automatic weapons were restricted. Wasn't that a bite out of the elephant (aka slippery slope fallacy)?
 StarClassic
Msg: 506
Posted: 2/8/2015 7:51:46 PM
GTO, Joe, It's the FBI that administers NICS and potential purchase violators. They are then prosecuted by DOJ. BATFE has no control over prosecuting those who falsify a form 4473.

"Prosecute people who falsify background check information
The Obama Administration Justice Department is also not strongly enforcing prosecutions of people who falsify information on their gun background checks. The FBI reported 71,000 instances of people lying on their background checks to buy guns in 2009. But the Justice Department prosecuted a mere 77 cases, or a fraction of 1%.

There's no good reason to not enforce this law and prosecute violators. [u] This also has strong support, with 99% of non-NRA member gun owners and 95% of NRA members expressing support for punishing traffickers to the full extent of the law.[/u] This is another area where the Obama Administration can "do better."
http://mic.com/articles/22802/gun-control-facts-existing-gun-laws-would-reduce-crime-but-these-are-not-enforced

You will also note, those of us who own guns Want to see violators prosecuted. They are a pox on those of us who are law abiding citizens.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 507
Posted: 2/8/2015 8:06:40 PM

HOW DO YOU EAT AN ELEPHANT?

one-half pound of elephant meat
• three cups of beef broth
• one onion
• one cup hazelnuts
• one cup boiled peas
• one small green onion
• one cup of shitake mushrooms
• two tablespoons of lard
• salt and black pepper (to taste)
• one-half cup of milk

Combine meat with other ingredients and simmer for 1 hour. (tastes similar to moose or elk )

I would rather have the pizza.

Some of us remember that a Mod deleted the "love and Pizza" thread in over 45.

They took away our voice, next they will take away our pizza. Keep pizza alive.
 HondoGal
Msg: 508
Posted: 2/8/2015 9:11:35 PM

History, life and politics are very,very seldom black and white, no matter how much you stick your fingers in your ears and yell "NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-I-CAN'T-HEAR-YOUUUUU!”~Gorshkov, msg 497

Perhaps you should take your own advice given that most of what you posted is hyperbole. You’ve lowered your credibility.

All of us know that evil exists in our world. That some want to make believe that by disarming ourselves and being NICE to criminals this will bring evil to an end is ridiculous and naïve. However, I welcome their stance and choice to do as they see most efficient as their solution to evil and criminal activity.

The most efficient way to combat evil imo is to ensure that criminals will face immediate prosecution. Armed citizens help to deliver this message to wrongdoers. Fortunately, most states adhere to the fact that a “Man’s home is his castle” and therefore his right to defend, with deadly force, if necessary. For those who wish to bow down to intruders and fail to protect their loved ones I see them as cowards. These are the same persons who call soldiers murderers while enjoying the liberty to do so because of the soldiers valiant actions to ensure their liberties.

Self-defense takes courage. To do otherwise is cowardly.
For women, who cannot even entertain the thought of mano-a-mano, their best equalizer against a male who wishes to harm them is a firearm.

Why is it that so very little was heard about this brave Pizza delivery woman on mainstream media? Is it because they do not want the public to see justifiable self-defense? I think so.

StarClassic
Msg: 509
Posted: 2/8/2015 9:22:19 PM

These are the same persons who call soldiers murderers while enjoying the liberty to do so because of the soldiers valiant actions to ensure their liberties.

"People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"
author uncertain
 HondoGal
Msg: 510
Posted: 2/8/2015 9:35:09 PM

Let see what Sen. Feinstein had to say about the matter, when see appeared on 60 Minutes.........

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an out right ban, picking up every one of them....Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in. I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."

I am confused, are we still talking about pizzas here?

Silly man, dragon; you know tgif is talking guns.
Feinstein, a gun totting leftist, accompanied by armed guards, wants to be the only person in California to holster a firearm. She is your typical leftist propagandist. Feinstein has enriched herself beyond anyone’s wildest dreams. She did it all at the expense of the decent citizenry of California. Even curtailment of water usage during our recent and ongoing drought did not apply to her properties.

There are also those, in the rabid left who have CCW permits who believe they are Entitled to them due to their Elite position. Yet they want to deny common Joe the same.~Starclassic

You’ve described Feinstein and Moonbeam, aka Gov. Brown to a T.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 511
Posted: 2/8/2015 11:02:00 PM

GTO, Joe, It's the FBI that administers NICS and potential purchase violators. They are then prosecuted by DOJ. BATFE has no control over prosecuting those who falsify a form 4473.

"Prosecute people who falsify background check information
The Obama Administration Justice Department is also not strongly enforcing prosecutions of people who falsify information on their gun background checks. The FBI reported 71,000 instances of people lying on their background checks to buy guns in 2009. But the Justice Department prosecuted a mere 77 cases, or a fraction of 1%.

There's no good reason to not enforce this law and prosecute violators.

That's nice... and it is still irrelevant... nothing more than a distraction... all you've done is to repeat the same irrelevant point with a smaller number... you've simply painted your 'red herring' pink...

Here's a hint... it isn't the exaggeration that makes it irrelevant... that only made it deceitful... the irrelevancy has something to do with... not having been sold a gun...

You will also note, those of us who own guns Want to see violators prosecuted. They are a pox on those of us who are law abiding citizens.

Yes... good for you... that still doesn't make your case for you... especially when your idea is the same as punishing jaywalking... as a measure to address speeding...
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 512
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2015 11:43:07 PM

History, life and politics are very,very seldom black and white, no matter how much you stick your fingers in your ears and yell "NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-I-CAN'T-HEAR-YOUUUUU!”~Gorshkov, msg 497

Perhaps you should take your own advice given that most of what you posted is hyperbole. You’ve lowered your credibility.

For those who are reading impaired, the point to my "hyperbolic" post was that the comparison to Hitler, made by another poster, was odious and full of crap because you can take random facts about almost anybody or anything to justify your beliefs.

The OTHER part of my post was about how people here don't talk to each other, they talk AT each other. It's like a competition, and the winner is the side that out-shouts the other so that they give up and go away. It''s not particularly adult OR convincing.

So I'm confused about what exactly you disagree with me about. Is it my point about Hitler, or the shouting matches?
 calguy14
Msg: 513
Posted: 2/9/2015 5:35:26 AM
What about people prone to push religious views obtaining firearms?

In Marseilles France police were fired upon by masked gunmen with AK 47's at the entrance of the Castellane housing project, a predominantly Muslim area known as an open air drug market,a no go zone for local police.

Breitbart was the only source I quickly found that would mention the word Muslim.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 514
Posted: 2/9/2015 5:42:28 AM

In Marseilles France police were fired upon by masked gunmen at the entrance of the Castellane housing project, a predominantly Muslim area known as an open air drug market,a no go zone for local police.

Breitbart was the only source I quickly found that would mention the word Muslim.

Really, cause it looks like you got your info from these people:

http://alltheusefulidiots.blogspot.ca/p/facts-about-islam-exposed.html

Though I am sure you could provide a link to the story which I am sure is not full of holes and or is the work of some crazy people.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 515
Posted: 2/9/2015 5:45:04 AM

Silly man, dragon; you know tgif is talking guns.
Feinstein, a gun totting leftist, accompanied by armed guards, wants to be the only person in California to holster a firearm.

I knew she was only talking about GARBAGE pizzas, but if you ban GARBAGE pizzas, it's only the first bite in taking away our rights to buy any pizza we want.

They had an armed pizza robber, what sort of pizzas was the guy stealing?

Everyone wants to take a bite of our pizzas, and switch us up to elephant, I ain't eating no elephant, that's for sure.
 calguy14
Msg: 516
Posted: 2/9/2015 6:30:28 AM
@HFX
All over the news,google castellane housing project and what it is,an urban "sensitivity" zone is what they call it.No point spoon feeding a kid if they refuse to open up.You want me to ram it down your throat?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 517
Posted: 2/9/2015 6:38:14 AM

All over the news,google castellane housing project and what it is,an urban "sensitivity" zone is what they call it.

Yeah yeah we know, brown people scare you and links to sources give you hives.

No point spoon feeding a kid if they refuse to open up.You want me to ram it down your throat?

Do you normally go full derp when someone questions your claims that you fail to back up?

Or are you just mad that you have not been able to troll a suicide thread for a while now?
 momsaysirock
Msg: 518
Posted: 2/9/2015 12:23:31 PM
and OMG calguy, you have a MAYOR who is both GAY and BROWN!!! HTF did that happen.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 519
Posted: 2/9/2015 7:08:01 PM

Posted by RobAustralia:
"...When are you **** heads going to do something about this senseless violence?
You do realise that the rest of the world views you as gun toting nut cases.

I'm pretty sure the case Crook Catcher referred to was in Georgia.They have really sensible gun laws in that part of the Wild West.You don't need a permit to purchase a handgun, however you need a permit to carry one.Which means you can just go down to your local pawn shop, walk home and blow your family away. Umm, der!..."

RobAustralia, you seem angry and are using profanity banned by this website in an otherwise calm discussion.
What you are experiencing is known as "projection" by trained psychology experts.
You potentially do not possess the appropriate temperament to pass FBI background checks to earn CCW credentials, if you were magically to become a United States citizen and therefore eligible to apply for a CCW, depending on which state in which one resides.

Nobody is forcing anyone to possess a defensive firearm. If one does not like firearms, one does not have to buy one.
If one is a resident of a faraway land and does not like freedoms offered in the United States, one does not have to visit. Those in countries other than the United States can make their own moral decisions whether to travel here or not.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 520
Posted: 2/9/2015 7:31:21 PM

RobAustralia, you seem angry and are using profanity banned by this website in an otherwise calm discussion.

Says the little **** wannbe mod who breaks forum rules every time he posts.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 521
Posted: 2/9/2015 7:45:50 PM
Awwww.... Someone needs a Snickers Bar..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW6ZXHWvaGc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MixNh9L7G5M
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 522
Posted: 2/9/2015 8:16:09 PM
Awww... somebody thinks he's clever...

but not clever enough... to avoid proving the very point he tries to deny... apparently...
 calguy14
Msg: 523
Posted: 2/10/2015 2:38:14 AM
So Dominos banned drivers from being armed.In Antioch California a woman driver was assaulted and raped as she arrived at a delivery in broad daylight.Dominos execs were shocked and couldn't conceive of something like this happening on a Sunday.....
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 524
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2015 5:45:50 AM

I'm pretty sure the case Crook Catcher referred to was in Georgia.They have really sensible gun laws in that part of the Wild West.You don't need a permit to purchase a handgun, however you need a permit to carry one.Which means you can just go down to your local pawn shop, walk home and blow your family away. Umm, der!..."

Well, yes, a criminal can illegally blow your family away. Same way a criminal can illegally smear your family all over the highway after crashing a legally owned vehicle, or better yet, a stolen(but legally registered) vehicle into YOUR legally registered vehicle.

What you propose would be the same as saying cars kill people, accidents involving cars kill people, criminals steal cars & kill people with them, so RESTRICT cars.

Wait....a much better analogy would be this: lets ban Maseratis, Ferrarris. Lamborghinis & Corvettes from public highways. They are far too powerful. They easily break the legal posted speed limits(when operated illegally)They can outrun police cars(when operated illegally). Nobody needs a 500+ horsepower vehicle to go to a restaurant.

So in harmony with the same mentality anti-gun advocates use when dealing with guns, lets legislate that any automobile bigger or more powerful than a 4 cylinder hatchback be illegal(much the same mentality anti-gun advocates use when dealing with guns).

In that vein, lets go to the logical(?) next step: SUVs & pickup trucks - they are so large that they pose a danger to these regulated & allowed 4 cylinder hatchbacks(much like claims that certain guns are more dangerous than others). In a crash, the driver of that allowed 4 cylinder hatchback will surely die. Sooo.....

Pickup trucks & SUVs pose a danger to the public(much like the claims that certain firearms are a danger to the public). Pickup trucks are made to haul stuff(much like claims that certain guns are made for certain purposes) - lets regulate them, & require a special license to operate them restrict them to haul a specific amount of gear, & specify what type of gear they can haul(much like restricting certain types of features on a gun).

^^^^This could happen because there is no constitutional amendment that states:
"A well regulated federal/state highway system, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and drive motor vehicles , shall not be infringed."

^^^This amendment doesnt exist. Restrict away

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose

Of course its not unlimited, much like the 1st amendment. It is regulated....much like the autos mentioned above.

But the Second Amendment right is spelled out plainly. Constitutional interpertation of the establishment clause of the 2nd amendment is trumping special interest socialists, & their intents. Thats why there now is NO state that does NOT allow concealed carry. And a growing number of states do not require carry permits to conceal carry, despite the 30,000+ gun laws currently on the books. Many of these gun laws that since were put in place are being overturned by states, AND by higher courts.

In short... it says the regulation of firearms IS constitutional

^^^^and that is the brass ring. Regulation of ANY constitutional right is a very touchy premise. Anti-gun advocates wish to regulate certain constitutional rights as if they were NOT a constitutional right. The bar is set much higher; the courts acknowlege this. Certain states pass "regulation", higher courts overturn this "regulation" routinely.

And....Regulation is not the same as restriction. You can somewhat REGULATE a constitutional right. You run into problems when you try & RESTRICT it.....much like the problems trying to "restrict" or "regulate" the 1st amendment.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 525
Posted: 2/10/2015 1:50:01 PM

What you propose would be the same as saying cars kill people, accidents involving cars kill people, criminals steal cars & kill people with them, so RESTRICT cars.

So are you saying there are currently no safety regulations that car manufacture must meet and regulations that drivers must adhear to, along with a written and practical competency test for the user?

Or do you just suck at analogies?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.