Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 576
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 24 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)

.. It doesn't matter if they're Elected or Appointed, they're More Politician than Cop......

More so in metro area's where the mayor's position is a full time job?

In rural towns and mid sized cities where the mayor is a part time function the city manager really has all the power, his/her recommendations for police chief will alway's be one that they can control or a "yes" man.
So generally they are not front line type officers but more the administrative type.

Interesting about the PC chief. I'm sure that he had probably been out spot checking "sobriety" check points the dept had set up being New Years Eve. I know a detective there, I'll check and see what the real story is.
Not sure when they changed chiefs but he was'nt there last time I went that dept.
Peachtree City is a bedroom community for the airline industry at Atlanta Hartsfield.
High dollar gated communities, fancy subdivisions, specialty coffee shops, unique restaurants, quaint shopping venues and a disturbing number of pedophiles.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 577
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 2/14/2015 3:13:24 AM

Posted by Countryheart1967:
"My standing, simply put...MOLON LABE."

You are correct, sir. Bravo!
Thank you for your earlier service, too.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 578
Posted: 2/14/2015 5:13:38 AM
Daughter of deputy grabs his gun, shoots sister
By Kurtis Alexander
Published 4:12 pm, Friday, February 13, 2015

The 10-year old daughter of a San Joaquin Valley sheriff’s deputy shot her 8-year-old sister Friday with a handgun that their father had left on a bed in their Fresno home, officials say.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Daughter-of-deputy-grabs-his-gun-shoots-sister-6080333.php
 Strings6
Msg: 579
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2015 5:50:30 AM
So Captain anecdote,what does that have to do with people defending themselves from criminals in their own homes ?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 580
Posted: 2/14/2015 6:44:10 AM

...what does that have to do with people defending themselves from criminals in their own homes ?

It demonstrates that having a gun in the home is more dangerous than not.

paranoid people may feel differently
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 581
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2015 7:00:37 AM

So Captain anecdote,what does that have to do with people defending themselves from criminals in their own homes ?

Once you've been here for a while, you'll realist that hfx's posts generally have very little to do with anything.
 Strings6
Msg: 582
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2015 7:12:49 AM
Pampered little rich boys are like that....very disconnected,he thinks violent crime is an overblown myth because that rarely happens,i suspect in his neighborhood and circles its true.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 583
Posted: 2/14/2015 7:21:59 AM

Pampered little rich boys are like that....

Tell me again how much you loved Romney.

...very disconnected,he thinks violent crime is an overblown myth because that rarely happens,...

Nope, I know that violent crime exists and more than not in the USA, those crimes are committed by paranoid delusional white males.

...i suspect in his neighborhood and circles its true.

You suspect, because you have no facts or logic to back up your claims, so you must make up a story to fit your narrative.
 Strings6
Msg: 584
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2015 8:19:03 AM
Can you quote me as ever saying I loved Romney,he was and is a standard issue white bread Poodle.
The next statement is worthy to be framed for its over the top ignorance....you are indeed a pro.I have enough facts to know that people like you re not living in the hood and hanging with the homies you claim to care so much about.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 585
Posted: 2/14/2015 8:31:43 AM
"Once you've been here for a while, you'll realist that hfx's posts generally have very little to do with anything"
True enough, but every village needs an idiot, right?
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 586
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2015 9:55:40 AM

I agree with you on your point about keeping a weapon loaded, but I take issue with your point about firearms lacking safeties. Perhaps it is a small technicality, but firearms are technical devices and deserve to be discussed technically.

I am assuming you mean that many firearms lack an active or selectable safety; almost all have safety devices of some type built in which are passive in nature. You perked up my ears when you claimed your Glock lacks a safety because they have a safety lever/button built into the trigger. I looked up their website, and Glock claims three passive safeties: the aforementioned trigger lever safety plus a firing pin safety and a drop safety. Another example is the classic Colt 1911 .45, which has a passive grip safety in addition to its active thumb actuated safety.

Agreed, but I am NOT a gun enthusiast(no fondness here) or gun dealer( you sound like you might be lol), so not familiar(or interested) with the technical terms the manufacturers use. To me it is just a tool, like a carpenter uses a hammer. So you will have to forgive me or my colleagues for skipping the technical s or not giving the weapon its due respect! In addition in this forum with laymen it makes more sense to keep it simple. If they are interested they can google wikipedia :)

In the above case, Eric mentioned 'safety off', so he was talking about manual safetyies( lever, etc). Obviously a passive safety wouldn't be set to 'off'. But more important is the practical applications!

But in reference to the Glock, I am glad you used the term "Glock claims" because that is what it is. Car companies are also known to claim special features that in reality on the ground do not help much.

The 3 Glock safeties that the company claim is ALL mostly based on the trigger( interaction with spring etc). Lets leave out drop safety since there already have been some accidental discharges due to being dropped. Rare but happens. It was a big deal because the range instructors hold the company responsible and NYPD has done vest and firearm recalls in the pass for possible defects/malfunctions.

The so called other claimed SAFETIES is a big problem in the real world because a child or grandma gets her fingers on the trigger and pulls and the gun will discharge if fingers are placed correctly. The so called mini trigger( or dual trigger,etc, or whatever term they want to market it as a safety) is pulled like a normal trigger. For me anyway it is normal since I don't have experience with other handguns. The pull is longer , or feels so ,because you are pulling the mini trigger into the other trigger in one movement. But for all events and purposes it is one movement. I put my fingers in the right place and pull..BANG!

So it doesn't prevent accidental discharge! It can help reduce the chances of one in a trained shooter so it doesn't happen though, or as often. A manual lever will stop and accidental discharge in most cases.

But that safety trigger has actually been the cause in some cops shooting themselves during qualification exams. Of course it is the users fault for not paying attention. What happens is we are told to keep the trigger pressed( pressing the mini trigger only) between rounds to save time. Cops have accidentally discharged rounds into their legs/feet while holstering because they got used to keeping fingers on the trigger the whole test and have it on while holstering. Of course it is a numb-skull mistake, but it happens!

I apologize for the double paragraphs in one post above. It was due to copy and paste edit error. Wouldn't allow me to edit/delete at the time.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 587
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2015 10:50:58 AM

More so in metro area's where the mayor's position is a full time job?

In rural towns and mid sized cities where the mayor is a part time function the city manager really has all the power, his/her recommendations for police chief will alway's be one that they can control or a "yes" man.
So generally they are not front line type officers but more the administrative type.

Well in many large paramilitary type police forces a Chief is an appointed position. In NY everything over rank of Captain is appointed so a lot of it has to do with ass kissing or being a yes man. But they have to go up the ranks NO missing a rank so they have experience

But in many towns the Chief is a completely appointed position , similar to Commissioner in a large city dept. They are a total brown noser, ass kisser crony of the Mayor.

Take ex NYC commissioner Kerik for example. He is the story of rags to riches. He never made it pass the rank of detective(same level as PO) and Giuliani took a liking to him. He went from part of Giuliani's protective detail( pd version of secret service) to commissioner of Corrections and than NYPD commissioner. Had no ability, or background other than a lowly cop!

Howard Safir wasn't even a city employee( fire before police). He was with the Feds. Mayors appoint whomever they want. I can't imagine the amount of nepotism that exists in a small town.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 588
Posted: 2/14/2015 11:06:17 AM

The next statement is worthy to be framed for its over the top ignorance....

Yet you are unable to refute it with anything but personal remarks.

I have enough facts to know that people like you re not living in the hood and hanging with the homies you claim to care so much about.

Then produce said facts, or keep pretending that you can.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

True enough, but every village needs an idiot, right?

Yep, when they can not refute what I say they default to the personal insults, always a classy move.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 589
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2015 2:00:33 PM

Thank you for your earlier service

Thank you for noticing and taking the time to say so. True thanks goes to my brothers who gave all.
I merely did what I had to do and answered my inner calling.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 590
Posted: 2/14/2015 7:00:12 PM
Any sidearm...whether semi-automatic or revolver...the trigger finger should be kept OUT of the triggerguard and ideally indexed along the frame of the weapon when reholstering to prevent a negligent discharge.
 HondoGal
Msg: 591
Posted: 2/14/2015 8:58:09 PM
Just for kicks l looked up the states with the most restrictive firearms laws…and yeah, N.J. is number 2!

“#2 New Jersey
Brady Campaign score: 72

New Jersey states that it is unlawful to knowingly possess any handgun, including any antique handgun, without first having obtained a Permit to Carry, and it is unlawful to knowingly possess any rifle or shotgun without having first obtained a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (FID).

New Jersey does not have a 
constitutional amendement affirming the gun rights of its residents.
http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1428/9/New-Jersey-10-states-with-the-strictest-gun-laws.html”

Why I said that you need a concealed weapons permit, Eric.
-----------------

Guess who is number one for strictest gun control? #1 California

“Brady Campaign score: 81
The state known for the strictest gun laws is California. 
In California, all firearms sales, transfers, including private transactions and sales at gun shows, must go through a California licensed firearms dealer.”

I think the firearms dealer’s name is Diane Feinstein.

NY is #4, though admittedly tougher laws in NYC.

All three of these states ban assault rifles, as does Conn. And DC. I think that means machine guns as they are labeled as rapid fire/spray firing.

Having lived in the above three states I don’t agree that CA has the toughest gun laws. IMO it is N.J. and NYC. I have a friend in NYC that frequently travels to his other home in Africa and he has never been able to purchase a handgun. Good upstanding guy.

In CA you can drive to NV or AZ where handguns can be purchased at gun shows, flea markets and in the classifieds.

The gangs here are all armed, most with assault rifles. They have more firepower than the cops.

adventurejoe70
Msg: 592
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2015 9:09:24 PM

Having lived in the above three states I don’t agree that CA has the toughest gun laws. IMO it is N.J. and NYC. I have a friend in NYC that frequently travels to his other home in Africa and he has never been able to purchase a handgun. Good upstanding guy.

Yep, they turn most people down. And they even go after people who are licensed bringing their legal firearms into the city. Even ones who are retired in other states and by Federal law can carry in any state. If USA is the wild west, like that other poster likes to call it, NYC is the town with the sign "no guns allowed".

NJ cops are annoying in the days before sept 11( now w e get along). There was a beef so the NJ cops would pull over NYC cops( identified by decals, driving skills, etc) on their way to work. Cops who live in Orange county,NY often had to drive though NJ to get to work.
 HondoGal
Msg: 593
Posted: 2/14/2015 9:11:36 PM
AdventureJoe,
the way you write and the tales you tell are enrapturing. You should be creating a cop show. You know, a real one, not like most of the crap on tv.

“That being said, sure I don't know why some in secure safe suburbs need handguns within town limits.”

Because Joe there is no such thing. My neighbors are not the ones to worry about but thugs migrate from their slum hoods into the better areas in order to steal some worthier goods. Right now in my secure suburb LE and our own security force apprehended a gang of car thieves. At first that’s all they were going after but as you said it will escalate and most recently two B/E men broke into an occupied home.

When living in the city B/E, at least in the good areas of Manhattan, is not something I ever worried about as front doors to apts are impenetrable. All steel with Fischel or police locks (can’t be picked). In the city you have to watch out for muggers.

robaustralia
Msg: 594
Posted: 2/15/2015 12:09:49 AM

GUN VIOLENCE ARCHIVE 2015 TOLL OF GUN VIOLENCE
Total Number of Incidents: 5,090
Number of Deaths1: 1,504
Number of Injuries1: 2,408
Number of Children (age 0-11) Killed/Injured1: 66
Number of Teens (age 12-17) Killed/Injured1: 224
Mass Shooting2: 25
Officer Involved Shooting2: 499

Gee in 4 days another 127 people blown away by the 2nd Amendment in the Wild West.

Hi Ho Silver Away(Pfft!)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 595
Posted: 2/15/2015 12:15:21 AM
The citizens of the United States of America are also pleased to report 318,935,192 of our firearms hurt nobody today.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 596
Posted: 2/15/2015 8:29:18 AM

The citizens of the United States of America are also pleased to report 318,935,192 of our firearms hurt nobody today.

In realted news:

1 killed, 1 wounded in Englewood shooting

By Quinn Ford Chicago Tribune contact the reporter

John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County

Feb 15, 2015, 8:16am

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-1-killed-1-wounded-in-englewood-shooting-20150215-story.html
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 597
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2015 9:06:43 AM
^^^^

Three people dead and dozens injured in 18 car pile up last Wednesday on I-80 in Clarion Pa... Imagine the number over a year on all highways.

In 2006 an estimated 109,522 people were seriously injured on trampolines, approximately 4,793 of those were hospitalized or dead on arrival.

In 2009 pharmaceuticals were responsible for 37,485 deaths nationwide.

I could go on but it's redundant, nobody cares about the deceased. It's just a game played by those who simply don't like firearms.
Nobody is crying about everything else killing us off.
Medical malpractice is probably the worst one of all... Only around 800,000 Dr.'s out there and they likely lead the highest death toll in the country.

But everything else is acceptable because it isn't a firearm. :/

Freedom has a downside, people are free to make the wrong choice... Given the alternative, I can live with that.
You can't protect people from stupid and, in the words of Foxworthy, "you can't fix stupid".

Stop playing with the Constitution and our freedoms and start addressing the actual problems already. :/
 aj7125
Msg: 598
Posted: 2/15/2015 9:22:24 AM
Good post Country. ""you can't fix stupid" says it all!
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 599
Posted: 2/15/2015 9:25:36 AM

But everything else is acceptable because it isn't a firearm. :/

How many of those other things where designed with the purpose of killing things?

Stop playing with the Constitution and our freedoms and start addressing the actual problems already. :/

Yeah lets stop with worrying about things that have not happened as the gays are wanting to get married so go back to walking all over the constitution to make sure they can't.

It is always funny to see someone claim they care about the constitution, but when examples are shown to them where the constitution is being walked on, as long as it does not affect them, meh, they do not give two sh*ts.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 600
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2015 9:34:45 AM
I too appreciate your service Country Heart but with all due respect comparing guns and autos has ALWAYS been unequivocally non sequitur; one's primary purpose is transportation with exponentially greater frequency of usage and the other's only [ultimate] purpose is to cause injury or death. Just like the rhetoric claiming a major campaign to initiate confiscation with among other things the inane notation of Hitler is an undeniable myth this is with all due respect just more bovine fecal material from the pr folks trying to pump sales into the firearms industry.

The paranoid can argue all they want, HFX's assertion about having a gun makes a home more dangerous has ALWAYS been true. Unless you or someone in your household are actively participating in competitive criminal enterprise the odds of home invasion are of course exponentially longer than accidental tragedy or passionate crime. With few exceptions Northern ["Blue"] cities have lower gun crime and death rates than almost every southern ["Red"] city for one simple reason, far more restrictive access to firearms, PERIOD.

I believe in the Second Amendment, I'm just irrational enough to "think" it doesn't allow for regulation like the manufacturers' minions love you making the mistake of doing.

"Think! It's very patriotic!" Especially when done with critical honesty.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.