Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 etourdi65
Msg: 626
Armed pizza robber gets extra toppingPage 26 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)

people with no valid argument... completely avoid the point...
The "point" has nothing to do with peoples Constitutional right to keep and bare arms...

Firearms are already regulated, there should be no regulation at all ...

Liberals like to pick and choose what Rights should be protected and what rights should not...
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 627
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping
Posted: 2/16/2015 11:00:55 AM

You both have excellent posts. Lots of children are growing up with not so good parenting which in turn we see the child grow up with not very good examples of what is right.

Yes we need more good church going families like this one:

Churchgoing teen killed by cops in shootout after killing parents, sister over computer use
Travis Gettys
16 Feb 2015 at 07:20 ET

Investigators believe they were shot to death Wednesday, and authorities said Jason Hendrix then went to a church youth group meeting that evening and told friends he had found his father’s guns.

Police said the teen, a high school junior and ROTC cadet, was angry with his parents for taking away his computer privileges.

The pastor at the Forward Community Church attended by the family said Jason Hendrix, a fan of the movie “God’s Not Dead” and the book “Heaven Is For Real,” was baptized in December and helped set up equipment every Sunday morning for services.

Read more about great parents at:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/churchgoing-kentucky-teen-killed-by-maryland-cops-in-shootout-after-killing-parents-sister-over-computer-use/#.VOIRYHxN3h0.reddit
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 628
Posted: 2/16/2015 12:02:43 PM
After the nut cases took over the NRA in 1977,

The NRA’s fabricated but escalating view of the Second Amendment was ridiculed by former U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice Warren Burger—a conservative appointed by President Richard Nixon—in a PBS Newshour interview in 1991, where he called it “one of the greatest pieces of fraud—I repeat the word ‘fraud’—on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime.”

http://www.alternet.org/suprising-unknown-history-nra
 kj521
Msg: 629
Posted: 2/16/2015 12:03:42 PM
You know what is facinating, Frank?

When you make posts such as the one above (msg 651)....it reveals so much more about you than I think you are aware of....just an observation. :)
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 630
Posted: 2/16/2015 1:53:35 PM

When you make posts such as the one above (msg 651)....it reveals so much more about you than I think you are aware of....just an observation. :)
\

When you make posts that do not address the topic at hand and only go to attempt to insult someone, it shows that your argument is so weak, that you must do as much as you can not to state it.

It also is what trolls do, as for the most part they lack the ability to debate people so they must resort to backhanded insults that they can not even back up.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 631
Posted: 2/16/2015 2:06:26 PM

The "point" has nothing to do with peoples Constitutional right to keep and bare arms...

It has everything to do with it... it is what we are talking about... I know you have difficulty comprehending analogies and metaphors... but please do try...

there should be no regulation at all ...

Not according to the law... perhaps in your imagination that is true... but not according to the law... which... by the way... is fact... what's in your imagination is... your imagination...

Firearms are already regulated

And... clearly... it is insufficient... hence the US always being "number 1 with a bullet"... in gun stats...
 kj521
Msg: 632
Posted: 2/16/2015 2:29:46 PM
"When you make posts that do not address the topic at hand and only go to attempt to insult someone,"

What? Where was the insult?

Troll? Moi?

Well......alright......I know this fairytale!

Question is.....which of the three billy goats gruff are you? Are you the biggest one that's knock me off the bridge? ;)

You will be well on your way to understanding human nature when you realize the potential for good and evil resides in every human being regardless of ideological beliefs or group affiliations......
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 633
Posted: 2/16/2015 2:43:32 PM
It's amazing but true - "gun deaths are tied with Parkinson's disease" , but I don't read quite so many posts telling us "Please fix Parkinson's Disease" . Why is that? Maybe because they can't rail and whine about gun makers and hollow point bullets when cholesterol and other naturally occurring creepy-crawlies do a thousand times worse.?
Gun-o-phobes , hang it up. What ever amount of deaths you think you can eliminate is in fact "the least bang for the buck."

"15 Most Common Causes of Death in the United States

by the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.

Where you live has a good deal to do with how you will die. In the United States, the top two causes of death are responsible for more than 50 percent of the annual death toll. In the world at large, there's a lot more variety in how you meet your Maker. Here is our list of the 15 most common causes of death in the United States:

Cause

Percent of Total
1. Diseases of the heart
2. Malignant tumors 22.8
3. Cerebrovascular diseases 6.7
4. Chronic lower respiratory diseases 5.1
5. Accidents (unintentional injuries) 4.4
6. Diabetes mellitus 3.0
7. Influenza and pneumonia 2.7
8. Alzheimer's disease 2.4
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis 1.7
10. Septicemia (blood poisoning) 1.4
11. Suicide 1.3
12. Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis 1.1
13. Primary hypertension and hypertensive renal disease 0.8
14. Parkinson's disease (tied) 0.7
15. Homicide (tied) 0.7

Source: CDC/NHS, National Vital Statistics System"
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 634
Posted: 2/16/2015 3:04:44 PM
^^^

Excellent point, GreenThumbz18.
It certainly raises the issue of why crazed gungrabbers outside the United States do not show compassion for people and help seek genuine solutions for the REAL reasons people people die. End Heart Disease Now!
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 635
Posted: 2/16/2015 3:21:40 PM

It's amazing but true - "gun deaths are tied with Parkinson's disease" , but I don't read quite so many posts telling us "Please fix Parkinson's Disease" . Why is that? Maybe because they can't rail and whine about gun makers and hollow point bullets when cholesterol and other naturally occurring creepy-crawlies do a thousand times worse.?

Or... How about because... people ARE actively trying to fix Parkinson's Disease... with multi-million dollar charity campaigns... and generous donations from across the political spectrum... (except maybe teabaggers... who don't want to encourage Parkinson's sufferers... and other sick people... to evade their "personal responsibility"...)

and NOBODY... seems to be making up silly little bumper-sticker slogans... press releases... and national campaigns... or running about posting fake quotes... and deceitful little lies... and just plain stupidity... arguing about why it shouldn't be fixed...

Same with everything else on that list...

Do you think... maybe.. it could be that simple and common sense...? Maybe...?? Probably not...

*Sponsored by the National "Please Fix Stupid" Campaign*
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 636
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2015 3:26:27 PM
Excellent point about medical misdiagnosis based on negligence and selling cigarettes also. I got personal stories I can add to spice it up(Hondagirl probably want to hear them lol).

But I possibly think that the so called 'OTHER' team has no problem agreeing or atleast debating tha, but that would be another thread perhaps? and they don't want the subject changed from firearms.

2 wrongs don't make a right!

And even a broken clock is right twice a day!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 637
Posted: 2/16/2015 4:46:49 PM
"gun deaths are tied with Parkinson's disease"

Really? First of all, not all homicides are committed with guns. But secondarily, two of the other categories, higher on the chart, also include gun deaths (accidents and suicides). So for purposes of the argument posed on this thread that's just a red herring, eh?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 638
Posted: 2/16/2015 5:01:57 PM
"Secondhand smoke (SHS) can cause harm in many ways. Each year in the United States alone, it’s responsible for:

An estimated 42,000 deaths from heart disease in people who are current non-smokers
About 3,400 lung cancer deaths in non-smoking adults
Worse asthma and asthma-related problems in up to 1 million asthmatic children
Between 150,000 and 300,000 lower respiratory tract infections (lung and bronchus) in children under 18 months of age, with 7,500 to 15,000 hospitalizations each year
Making children much more likely to be put into intensive care when they have the flu; they stay in the hospital longer, and they’re more likely to need breathing tubes than kids who aren’t exposed to SHS

In the United States, the costs of extra medical care, illness, and death caused by SHS are over $10 billion per year

Some studies have linked SHS to mental and emotional changes, too. For instance, a Chinese study has suggested that SHS exposure is linked to an increased risk of severe dementia syndromes. A UK study reported that women exposed to SHS during pregnancy were at greater risk for symptoms of depression during that pregnancy. More research is needed to better understand the relationship between SHS, dementia, and mental health."
http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/tobaccocancer/secondhand-smoke

Joe - let's gloss over the mental issues. How many deaths would you say that YOU have contributed to? Don't be modest, now.
Kind of interesting that a gun user can aim his instrument of death, while a smoker cannot. You don't even know who you're killing. Secondhand smoke kills about 3X that guns do, kind of a lot, don't you think?
The obvious point is , if you were TRULY concerned about anybody's health or safety you would have ditched the cigs decades ago, so why didn't you?
 lyingcheat
Msg: 639
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2015 5:14:51 PM

Number of deaths for leading causes of death
Heart disease: 611,105
Cancer: 584,881
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 149,205
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 130,557
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,978
Alzheimer's disease: 84,767
Diabetes: 75,578
Influenza and Pneumonia: 56,979
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 47,112
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 41,149
Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2013
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

Guns don't even make it into the top 10.

15 Most Common Causes of Death in the United States
by the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.

Cause Percent of Total
1. Diseases of the heart 28.5
2. Malignant tumors 22.8
3. Cerebrovascular diseases 6.7
4. Chronic lower respiratory diseases 5.1
5. Accidents (unintentional injuries) 4.4
6. Diabetes mellitus 3.0
7. Influenza and pneumonia 2.7
8. Alzheimer's disease 2.4
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis 1.7
10. Septicemia (blood poisoning) 1.4
11. Suicide 1.3
12. Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis 1.1
13. Primary hypertension and hypertensive renal disease 0.8
14. Parkinson's disease (tied) 0.7
15. Homicide (tied) 0.7
Source: CDC/NHS, National Vital Statistics System"

^^^
Excellent point, GreenThumbz18.

Hardly anyone dies of 'Old Age' in the US?

Doh! It doesn't seem to have occurred to either of you that 'Advanced Age' isn't listed as one of the "Common Causes of Death"
Yet it's there, perhaps as only small component, or perhaps as a/the major factor, in all but 3 of that top 15.

And then, having overlooked that and as if having more more people die of 'natural' causes than are shot, either accidentally or on purpose, is a noteworthy achievement, you crow that "Guns don't even make it into the top 10"?

Back to statistical analysis school for you two...
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 640
Posted: 2/16/2015 5:24:28 PM
Study Finds No Link Between Secondhand Smoke And ...
www.forbes.com/.../study-finds-no-link-between-secondhand-smo...
Forbes
Dec 12, 2013 - A large-scale study found no clear link between secondhand smoke and lung cancer, undercutting the premise of years of litigation including a ...

The Evidence - Second Hand Smoke - FORCES ...
www.forces.org/evidence/evid/second.htm
None of the studies on secondhand smoke have ever demonstrated the ... ranging from twisted interpretation of results to outright fraudulent information (and ...

Secondhand Smoke Scam | Fox News
www.foxnews.com/story/.../secondhand-smoke-scam
Fox News Channel
Oct 17, 2003 - A study claiming to link secondhand smoke to heart disease is proven bogus.

The EPA Report on Second Hand Smoke (SHS) - The Facts
www.davehitt.com/facts/epa.html
A consise guide to the EPA fraud on Second Hand Smoke.

How many people know that Second Hand Smoke is a scam? - Yahoo Answers
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid...
Nov 11, 2012 - It's common knowledge that 2nd smoke has never been directly linked to any one getting ill, in fact tobaccos 300 year history is filled with anecdotes ...

The Totalitarian Crusade Against Second-Hand Smoke ...
reason.com/archives/2014/.../the-totalitarian-crusade-against-seco...
Reason
Feb 9, 2014 - In recent years we've been told that second-hand smoke, or passive smoking, as some people call it, is as bad as smoking itself and can give ...
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 641
Posted: 2/16/2015 5:31:19 PM

Joe - let's gloss over the mental issues. How many deaths would you say that YOU have contributed to? Don't be modest, now.

Well... certainly not enough of the "right" ones... that's for sure...

Kind of interesting that a gun user can aim his instrument of death, while a smoker cannot.

Yeah... that may be why a lot of places ban it... in restaurants... in bars... in public buildings... even private places of business... on public transit... even transit stops... in private cabs... in public parks... some places even forbid the sale in certain types of businesses... have bans on advertising... and event sponsorship promotions... have mandatory warning labels... and "plain packaging" laws... incredibly high taxes... and have even held the manufacturers liable for the deaths and disease caused by the national campaigns and the false and misleading claims used to forestall sensible regulation...and I am sure I'm missing some of them...

If there is any place you think has been missed...? A restriction you feel should be in place...? Please feel free to pursue that goal... To me... it looks pretty well covered... but something may have been missed...
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 642
Posted: 2/16/2015 5:52:24 PM

Posted by _MungoJoe_:
"If there is any place you think has been missed...?
To me... it looks pretty well covered... but something may have been missed..."

Yeah, you missed smoking is NOT a right guaranteed by the United States Constitution penned by our Founding Fathers.

U.S. Constitution - Amendment II:
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
 robaustralia
Msg: 643
Posted: 2/16/2015 6:21:42 PM

Yeah, you missed smoking is NOT a right guaranteed by the United States Constitution penned by our Founding Fathers.

Gee, the whole point just went sailing right over your head eh?
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 644
Posted: 2/16/2015 6:40:44 PM

Chief Justice Warren Burger—a conservative appointed by President Richard Nixon—in a PBS Newshour interview in 1991, where he called it “one of the greatest pieces of fraud—I repeat the word ‘fraud’—on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime.”
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 645
Posted: 2/16/2015 7:07:51 PM

Posted by _MungoJoe_:
"If there is any place you think has been missed...?
To me... it looks pretty well covered... but something may have been missed..."

Really...?!? Where did I miss that...? I don't seem to recall saying anything about "smoking rights"... Maybe you can show me where that is...?

One might think you had caught whatever it is that Etourdi has... that causes people to imagine they hear... or read... things never said... or written... You know... that thing where you just make stuff up...

But... interestingly... I did agree with restrictions... Even said I was OK with more... because... well... you know... I do... and I am...

Oh... wait... Now I see what the problem is... YOU... with your earlier comments about tobacco and health... and likely GreenTeeth as well... THOUGHT I would start ranting and raving about "smoker's rights"... because I smoke... and then you could jump up and yell... "there is no such constitutional right!"... You thought I would respond just like you do...

And I bet you thought you were just so clever...

*Sponsored by the National "Please Fix Stupid" Campaign*
 calguy14
Msg: 646
Posted: 2/16/2015 7:52:12 PM
Last three lib posters are smokers. A Totalarian Crusade...has a nice ring to it...
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 647
Posted: 2/16/2015 8:00:51 PM

Posted by CalGuy14:
"Last three lib posters are smokers. A Totalarian Crusade...has a nice ring to it..."

You are completely correct, CalGuy14.
In the past week alone those three Liberals have viciously assaulted the health and welfare of more women, minorities, GLTQ, immigrants, and other at-risk peoples than all of the non-smoking gunowners of this entire thread, combined. Shame on them for their anti-human, anti-oxygen, pro-pollution, and inexcusably racist behavior.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 648
Posted: 2/16/2015 8:26:37 PM
"Yeah, you missed smoking is NOT a right guaranteed by the United States Constitution penned by our Founding Fathers."
Everybody knows that smoking was grandfathered by our beloved Native Americans. No Constitutional right is required, although a supply of breath mints is always appreciated, eh Joe?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 649
Posted: 2/16/2015 8:48:35 PM

Everybody knows that smoking was grandfathered by our beloved Native Americans. No Constitutional right is required,

I can stipulate to that... if it's important to you... I'm flexible like that...

although a supply of breath mints is always appreciated, eh Joe?

Well... you shouldn't count on me wasting them where they aren't necessary...

Say... you never did answer that question... How is that "I would refuse to allow my son to sleep over at the house of a friend who has gay parents" thing going...?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 650
Posted: 2/16/2015 9:08:54 PM
^^^ pretty good. My son is now 17 and 6' 3" and now has a cute gf.
I know they engage in safe practices because they are rarely together, it's "love by Skype" :)
And your nephew's slave/master thing, how's that going for him these days?
Funny you should mention that, in fact about the first date I ever had from POF was a woman who messaged me because she wanted to hit on my daughter, as you can see my kids on on my profile, she had tickets for an all-woman choral performance, and it became clear that she had no interest in me, but LOTS of interest in my daughter .
I cut that off too.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.