Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 calguy14
Msg: 651
Armed pizza robber gets extra toppingPage 27 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
There are of course furtfer restrictions that should be put in place.No minor should be subjected to viewing this terrible habit that has taken so many lives.
 robaustralia
Msg: 652
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 2/17/2015 2:12:14 AM

GUN VIOLENCE ARCHIVE 2015 TOLL OF GUN VIOLENCE
Total Number of Incidents: 5,299
Number of Deaths1: 1,576
Number of Injuries1: 2,491
Number of Children (age 0-11) Killed/Injured1: 67
Number of Teens (age 12-17) Killed/Injured1: 235

I'm disappointed ! The Well Organised Militia in the Wild West has only managed to blow away 50 people in the last 2 days!

What is wrong? Are you out of ammo or something?

I won't mention though that you have managed to blow away 10 children .

But of course that is the price YOU are willing to pay because YOU have the "the right to bear arms"
 etourdi65
Msg: 653
Posted: 2/17/2015 3:55:08 AM
Tired ole liberal tactic of using children to make a political point, How many babies were aborted in the last 2 days?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 654
Posted: 2/17/2015 5:39:29 AM

Funny you should mention that, in fact about the first date I ever had from POF was a woman who messaged me because she wanted to hit on my daughter, as you can see my kids on on my profile, she had tickets for an all-woman choral performance, and it became clear that she had no interest in me, but LOTS of interest in my daughter .

Is that the daughter that you have described as a "pot head"?
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 655
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2015 7:40:52 AM
^^^^ This old gal is so feverishly posting off topic in so many categories from so many fake profiles that she cant keep straight what fake profile is posting what mindless derp to what topic. it doesnt matter - as long as something is posted. Kinda like a herion addiction methinks.

So, Congratulations on perfecting 6 degrees of separation via the many profile posts...LMAO.

Please continue doing such, as we are aware of the uncontrollable urge you are burdened with to post anything off topic, 24/7, just to see yourself in print.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 656
Posted: 2/17/2015 7:42:08 AM
^^^ You get used to the dribble after a while, like a leaky kitchen faucet that goes drip, drip, drip, and won't stop.
My daughter has reached adulthood and transformed from hot head to pot user, not unlike so many people in Los Angeles. As I walk around it's shocking to me how many people have this aura of marijuana about them, your nose picks up on them from ten steps away. At least pot smoke smells better than cigarette smoke, smokers have no idea how much they reek, it's in their skin, hair, every piece of clothing, their home, office, car.
Tobacco users stink to everyone but themselves and their smoker pals.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 657
Posted: 2/17/2015 8:03:26 AM
Excellent point, Olwhatzhisname and GreenThumbz18.
Liberals have so many assorted sockpuppet POF accounts they become to believe that is normal behavior. LOL.
They can't comprehend the simple notion of posting from a single and stable account with one username.

The vile burnt carcinogens recklessly forced into the air by the three Liberal smokers on this thread hurt more people than the 318,935,192 peaceful firearms that rested quietly in their gunsafes this week. Those most impacted by the smoker's intentional cancer-causing actions were women, minorities, GLTQ, immigrants...and other at-risk peoples.
 robaustralia
Msg: 658
Posted: 2/17/2015 9:23:21 AM

The vile burnt carcinogens recklessly forced into the air by the three Liberal smokers on this thread hurt more people than the 318,935,192 peaceful firearms that rested quietly in their gunsafes this week. Those most impacted by the smoker's intentional cancer-causing actions were women, minorities, GLTQ, immigrants...and other at-risk peoples.

Nice STRAWMAN. Well we all know that most lung cancers are caused by smoking. However lung cancer deaths in the Wild West are trending down. You can't say the same for gun deaths though.

Gee I wonder why that would be? People being better educated about the pitfalls of smoking , not to mention the millions of dollars spent on medical research maybe?

Gee you can react to one cause of death and be relatively successful, but yet let another go unabated because you have the "right to bear arms".

Why don't you bring up the other STRAWMAN about how more people die in cars than from gun violence? Well it won't work because it is predicted that in 2015 in some states in the Wild West, gun deaths will exceed road deaths.

Gee I wonder why the road death toll in the Wild West is also trending down?

I'm sure you would have the intelligence to work that out.But I doubt it so I will enlighten you.

Govts. Spend millions on road safety campaigns and enforcing safety protocols on car manufacturers.

Well surprise surprise! It works.

Which brings me to your other point about all the guns resting peacefully in gunsafes.I can't find any State in the Wild West where it is a legal requirement to keep guns in a gun safe.

So you just leave them lying around the house and children think they are just another toy to play with and often with dire consequences.

But gee you are not prepared to introduce any form of common sense gun laws because you have the "right to bear arms"

Which includes enlisting children in your "well regulated militia"

Umm der!
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 659
Posted: 2/17/2015 10:15:31 AM
"Govts. Spend millions on road safety campaigns and enforcing safety protocols on car manufacturers.

Well surprise surprise! It works."

I think the "millions" are more like "many many billions", all told. It's not just the cars but the roads themselves with careful cambering of curves, water drainage, better lighting and reflective lane markers, drunk driving enforcement, gas tank sealing, reduced speed limits, breakaway glass, dual braking systems, energy-absorbing body structures, airbags, the list goes on and on.
Actually the auto makers themselves were changing their products to be more safe, long before any Gov't involvement.
http://www.crashtest.org/history-car-safety
Here's a famous piece of automotive history from 1956 -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeguard_%28automobile_safety%29

But a comparison of cars to bullets is totally in in order, they are much alike in terms of the damage done upon impact, the kinetic energy from an automobile is beyond most people's conception, much scarier than a bullet and usually uglier.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=307_1349942404
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 660
Posted: 2/17/2015 10:18:03 AM

My daughter has reached adulthood and transformed from hot head to pot user, not unlike so many people in Los Angeles.

Thank you for validating my question and making your buddies look rather dim in the process for flying off the handle.

p.s. "not unlike" would be a double negative.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 661
Posted: 2/17/2015 10:48:19 AM

Tired ole liberal tactic of using children to make a political point, How many babies were aborted in the last 2 days?

roflmeo! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
 flyguy51
Msg: 662
Posted: 2/17/2015 11:11:12 AM
This thread has sadly (yet typically) devolved into a fallacy feast of ad hominems and red herrings.

Yet the stubbornly unacknowledged fact remains that the right to keep and bear arms is not an unlimited one-- it never has been, either. Minors have never had this right, for example...
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 663
Posted: 2/17/2015 2:04:18 PM

^^^ pretty good. My son is now 17 and 6' 3" and now has a cute gf.
I know they engage in safe practices because they are rarely together, it's "love by Skype" :)

Ah... a pen pal... hardly a "girlfriend"... but you know youth...

If only I were a teen again... I could claim female pen pals as girlfriends... and "in person" female friends as fiancees...

I guess the "in person" girls haven't worked out so well for him then... but that's not uncommon at that age... just tell him to keep his chin up... oh... and... hide the firearms...

And your nephew's slave/master thing, how's that going for him these days?

?!?... what in the world are you talking about...??

*scratches head and wonders if GreenTeeth has the wrong dosages on his meds... after all... at our ages... med sensitivities are and important consideration...*

How many babies were aborted in the last 2 days?

How is that important...?

Yet the stubbornly unacknowledged fact remains that the right to keep and bear arms is not an unlimited one-- it never has been, either.

I do keep pointing that out... too bad lack of reading comprehension and education/intellect... prevent them from understanding that point...

Perhaps they don't really mean to go off on a "fallacy feast of ad hominems and red herrings."... Perhaps they just can't understand what is being written and simply think they are talking about the same thing... It would be consistent with... a lack of reading comprehension and education/intellect...

Perhaps we are starting at the wrong point...

It could be... that what they need is some room on the "short bus"... and then... after a bit of "accommodated instruction"... their reading comprehension will be good enough to understand...

And then again... perhaps they do understand... but... like so many conservatives... they would rather die being wrong than admit being wrong... which... of course... brings us back to that "intellect" point...
 calguy14
Msg: 664
Posted: 2/17/2015 2:19:19 PM
No legal guns and the criminals would never have had it so good.Like the gunslingers that rode into town and all the regular working folks afraid to stand up to them.Americans aren't handing over their guns to a bunch of stupid liberals with a grand plan.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 665
Posted: 2/17/2015 2:29:04 PM

Tired ole liberal tactic of using children to make a political point,..

Great point, is it is not like any conservatives would use babies as a political football.

...How many babies were aborted in the last 2 days?

Well so much for conservatives not using babies to try and make a political point.

But to your question, the answer is zero.

As only embryos and fetus's are aborted.
 _babblefish
Msg: 666
Posted: 2/17/2015 4:04:02 PM

Sister Joan Chittister

too many Americans aren't really pro-life, we're pro-birth. If we're really pro-life, we would feed and house the millions born into poverty.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 667
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2015 1:51:49 AM

Minors have never had this right

Incorrect.

I legally purchaced a rifle at the age of sixteen from a licensed dealer, the laws used to allow for younger buyers.

Interesting is that folks keep saying how easily available firearms are today causing problems... they were far more readily available years ago.
When I was ten I used to walk to the local dump with a .22 to go plinking, nobody thought anything of it. In high school you saw them in gun racks in the parking lot. I even finished a stock and reblued an old 12 gauge in shop class.
Now, with increased restrictions and outright bans in areas, shootins are on the rise. It would seem to me that firearms are not the problem, much as drugs are not the problem. Drugs are illegal, that's working out real well isn't it. :/
Should we not be dealing with what the problem really is? Society? As long as the real issue is overlooked the violence is going to continue to escalate with or without firearms.
I am baffled in why that is so hard to comprehend . I guess it's all about the "quick fix" and hope the real problem just goes away. :/

Currently Federal law prohibits licensed dealers from selling firearms to a minor, 21 for hand guns and 18 for long rifles.
Unlicensed persons may sell or transfer handguns to persons of 18 and long rifles to persons of any age.

Given that most state's legal hunting age is 12 it would be rather ludicrous to tell them they couldn't have a rifle or shotgun. :/
 gingerosity
Msg: 668
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2015 3:44:10 AM

Should we not be dealing with what the problem really is?

Sure, but we're going to be apes for a long time yet. Some of us longer than others. In reality the best we can hope for is that each generation will be a little less messed up on average than the preceding one.

Because most sane people recognise that increasing government power is the root of all evil, the only way we can improve society is through plenty of grassroots work by everyone who actually cares about dealing with what the problem really is. To work on improving mental health, socialization and education of parents and children over many generations. To give our time to care for others and encourage the spread of critical thinking and compassion. To be alone in a room full of people talking about their latest cars and gadgets, the latest political scandal or sports score. To rant on forums about what the problem really is...

Unfortunately the irony is that in devoting ourselves to improving our future society, there may not be much time left for shoot'n stuff and arguing with liberals. But at least it's for a good cause, right?
 calguy14
Msg: 669
Posted: 2/18/2015 5:09:47 AM
Critical thinking is not cool to many people.
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 670
Posted: 2/18/2015 5:46:02 AM
msg 694 - I like your outlook but it's almost a rather quaint idea in this day and age of materialism, instant gratification and self-centredness. We have enough modern day stressors now because of the pursuit of self in all it's manifestations, from the ordinary individual right up to the biggest corporations, what more in future. Hard to see people wanting to downsize and get back to basics.
I think I'll become a buddhist now.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 671
Posted: 2/18/2015 5:50:42 AM

I legally purchaced a rifle at the age of sixteen from a licensed dealer, the laws used to allow for younger buyers.

They still do, because at the age of 18 you can do the same.

Interesting is that folks keep saying how easily available firearms are today causing problems... they were far more readily available years ago.

Which would only be a relevant statement if you could show a coloration between that and fewer guns being bought and sold.

Because the facts show that just the opposite is true.

Then you also must also remember that a gun is not a consumable item, so for the most part will last forever, thus the pile is getting bigger by the day.

When I was ten I used to walk to the local dump with a .22 to go plinking, nobody thought anything of it.

Maybe that was because people also though it was a good idea to have a couple of beers and go for a drive as well back than.

Now I do not know your parents but I bet most gun owners would agree that what they let you do was incredibly irresponsible, even during those times.

My father was an active hunter and sportsman, thus I grew up around guns my whole life and I started shooting at the range around the age of 10 and I got my first .22 (passed down from my grandfather) when I was 13, and my first shotgun at 14, but I was never allowed to touch those guns unless there was an adult present as those where the rules.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 672
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2015 5:58:17 AM

they still do, because at the age of 18 you can do the same.

One is no longer a minor at 18 and it was explained... Reread.
 gingerosity
Msg: 673
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2015 6:36:41 AM
midnite_icecream

I like your outlook but it's almost a rather quaint idea in this day and age of materialism, instant gratification and self-centredness. We have enough modern day stressors now because of the pursuit of self in all it's manifestations, from the ordinary individual right up to the biggest corporations, what more in future. Hard to see people wanting to downsize and get back to basics.
I think I'll become a buddhist now.

Maybe it is a quaint idea to take responsibility for improving things. Perhaps we should just let the government look after us from cradle to grave and just keep on trolling each other and buying what we're told we need. I guess it could be true that by surrendering our power to the right politicians who make the right noises and have the prettiest faces that we won't need to think for ourselves any more or remember what it was like back when people cared.

And yet, that is not what I'm hearing from these hard-working, militia-regulating, freedom-loving comrades here. They are clearly willing to put the effort in to make society better... without caving in and taking the easy option of signing the family deeds over to the machine.

They're willing to stand up and promote responsible parenting, education, community care and equality of opportunity against the dark forces of media circuses, special interest lobbyists and corrupted power-mongers arrayed against them.

They're offering to stop endless bickering to start taking compassionate action for a better future for all. They're.... hey. Where'd they go?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 674
Posted: 2/18/2015 7:34:20 AM
"When I was ten I used to walk to the local dump with a .22 to go plinking, nobody thought anything of it. In high school you saw them in gun racks in the parking lot. I even finished a stock and reblued an old 12 gauge in shop class."

A lot of change has occurred from population growth alone, forcing cities to re-think what is an acceptable use for their areas. of jurisdiction. You're talking 35 years ago, a lot has changed in my area too.
Shop class? We don't need no stinkin' shop class, everybody in America needs to go to college ! (sorry, that's my unloved vocational teacher rant) It's funny, though, even the head of the vocational department at my school tried to get every student to go to college.
Besides, you work with lead? I'm surprised you're even alive, everybody knows that lead has killed countless millions of people, maybe that's why the Lone Ranger used silver bullets, he was pc before there WAS pc :)
 StarClassic
Msg: 675
Posted: 2/18/2015 8:11:46 AM

Shop class? We don't need no stinkin' shop class, everybody in America needs to go to college !

JMHO, but that is the main problem middle class and lower income workers face today. Far too many manufacturing jobs being moved overseas.

Now, back OT. Well, loosely OT.
I had the Husqvarna Mod20 out yesterday, and now have 9 plump feral pigeons resting peacefully in my fridge. Two others are ruminating in the oven, and will be my lunch at work tonight.
Why is it the rabid gungrabbers want to deny me the means to feed myself on less than two dollars per meal?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.