Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 676
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 28 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)

Posted by StarClassic:
"Why is it the rabid gungrabbers want to deny me the means to feed myself on less than two dollars per meal?"

Yet another example of outrageous gungrabber tactics...trying to deny a fellow human being the ability and the right to simply obtain nutritious food for the family dinner table. Glad to hear that you filled your freezer this week.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 677
view profile
History
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 2/18/2015 9:27:13 AM

Husqvarna Mod 20

O_O Don't see too many of those old English doubles these days. There wasn't an overly large number of the 20's produced, hold onto that thing.

What year is it?
 StarClassic
Msg: 678
Posted: 2/18/2015 9:48:05 AM
Country, the Husky's are of Swedish origin.
The Mod 20 is an under lever hammer gun. Mine happens to be a 2 1/2" 16 gauge made in 1912.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 679
Posted: 2/18/2015 10:49:49 AM
10 Year Old Accidentally Shoots 8 Year Old Sister With Deputy's Gun
Posted: Feb 14, 2015 3:03 AM AST
By Erik Rosales

Sheriff Varney says the 8-year-old was shot with the deputy's service weapon.

However, because the shooting involved the deputy's kids and not the deputy he will remain on the job.

Sheriff Varney says, "Since he wasn't directly involved in the discharge of a firearm, no I won't be putting him on administrative leave. He will be allowed any time off he needs to participate in the healing of his daughter and to participate in what a person goes through when there is a tragedy like this in your family."

http://www.kmph.com/story/28109071/10-year-old-accidentally-shoots-8-year-old-sister-with-deputy-gun

If this does not display the lack of responsiblity as it relates to gun use, I have no idea what will.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 680
Posted: 2/18/2015 11:30:18 AM
Lenient gun laws claim lives
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:45 am | Updated: 12:07 pm, Wed Feb 18, 2015.
Hannah Gray

...When I researched Georgia’s own gun laws I expected them to be lax due in part to Southern culture and Georgia’s die-hard status as a red state, but they were more relaxed than I had believed.

First of all, Georgia has no state registry for firearms of any type. This is upsetting because it means there is no concise way of knowing who possesses a deadly weapon, and what degree of weapon they possess.

An integral step in thwarting gun violence is disregarded because of this law, or lack thereof.

In fact Georgia is one of several states to prohibit the registration of firearms, which some say is none of the government’s business but to me shows a strangely adamant stance on what is an issue that is still under much scrutiny and debate.

But things get negligent once private sales are brought into the equation.

Under Georgia law when a firearm sale is conducted between citizens, no background check is necessary. And because there is no firearm registry anyone, even a felon or someone with a severe mental illness, can purchase a gun this way.

Read more about all these oppressive gun laws at:

http://www.redandblack.com/views/lenient-gun-laws-claims-lives/article_e9e9ac16-b64f-11e4-8725-5780e6ab6eed.html
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 681
Posted: 2/18/2015 12:05:55 PM

“She was having trouble adjusting her bra holster, couldn’t get it to fit the way she wanted it to. She was looking down at it and accidentally discharged the weapon,” St. Joseph Public Safety Director Mark Clapp said.

According to an obituary published by Florin Funeral Service, Bond joined the U.S. Navy out of high school, and served two terms as an active Military Police. She was an administrator for the Road to Life Church, and an “active member of the Christian Motorcycle Association.”

The obituary described Bond as being “on FIRE for the LORD.”

Last summer, she was elected as a Republican Precinct Delegate for Saint Joseph Charter Precinct 1.

Her Facebook page is filled with Bible verses, and information about organizing for the Republican Party. Several recent posts complained about Common Core education standards, and about President Barack Obama. Other posts depicted black protesters in Ferguson as dangerous rioters.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/michigan-republican-official-fatally-shoots-self-in-eye-while-adjusting-gun-in-her-bra-holster/
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 682
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2015 12:44:19 PM

So are you saying there are currently no safety regulations that car manufacture must meet and regulations that drivers must adhear to, along with a written and practical competency test for the user?

I hear no ads. Derpy.

Right and when you understand it is harder to get a license to drive a car than it is to buy a gun then you will see my point.

The point is on top of your head. (reference DUNCE CAP)

You dont need a license to buyown/operate a gun. You also dont need a drivers license to buy/own/operate a car.

Doesnt matter who you are - even a convicted felon - you can buy all the cars you want, drive them freely on your own property, speed, drive wrecklessly, run over your own livestock, flip them over, crash them into each other, etc.

You have that same right to privately own & keep firearms on your own property, unless you are a convicted felon.

But if you wish drive these cars on public roads, you must be trained & licensed, meet requirements, & obey public law....much like lawful citizens who carry concealed firearms. They are RESTRICTED & must be trained & licensed(despite the 2nd amendment), meet requirements, & obey public law(as they do) to carry concealed firearms in public.

So you are comparing 2 different ideas here. Carrying a gun concealed in public ALSO requires a license & training in most states, much like driving a car in public. Training & licensing is required to CONCEAL CARRY in PUBLIC(despite the 2nd amendment). Buying a gun for home defense/self protection has nothing to do with that. That is a PRIVATE individual right as described by the 2nd amendment. No different than you NOT having a drivers license - yet at the same time keeping an unlicensed auto in your garage. ..on your own property. Whaaaale doggies. Hmmm.

One reason why laws exist requiring you to register your vehicles & have a license to drive them on public roads is because there is no constitutional amendment protecting cars & drivers from being victim to any/all of these restrictive regulations. If there was it would read like this:

A well regulated federal/state highway system, being necessary to the mobility of a free state, the right of the people to keep and drive motor vehicles , shall not be infringed."

If that amendment existed, one could argue that its unconstitutional to regulate autos, require drivers' licenses, or the any of the other myriad of restrictions in place.

There is no such amendment, so regulators/restrictors can wet themselves silly by passing laws until the cows come home. They can ban vehicles, regulate horsepower, deny drivers licenses, etc. Since there is no constitutional amendment protecting any of this, you must adhear to those restrictions by law....LMAO

When you finally understand the difference between constitutional amendments vs. the mentality that creates laws & restrictions that ban Slurpies in NYC , you will be able to participate sensibly in this conversation. Until then, continue to show your ignorance of constitutional law, your confusion of it , and your support for the mindset of the sugary-soda banners & their derpy application of that mentality when it comes to constitutional law.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 683
Posted: 2/18/2015 3:26:56 PM
"Lenient gun laws claim lives"
Another outstanding post., by the king of, er, the king of, oh well, whatever, , ,
Can someone tell me which lives have been claimed by those lenient gun laws ?
My eyes are old and I wasn't able to read for myself.
 flyguy51
Msg: 684
Posted: 2/18/2015 4:13:02 PM

Minors have never had this right

Incorrect.

I legally purchaced a rifle at the age of sixteen from a licensed dealer, the laws used to allow for younger buyers.

I'm afraid that you misunderstand exactly what a "right" is in this context. Not having a protected right is not at all the same as that activity being forbidden. You even refute yourself here:

Currently Federal law prohibits licensed dealers from selling firearms to a minor, 21 for hand guns and 18 for long rifles.

If it were a protected right for minors, this law would be decidedly unconstitutional.

Should we not be dealing with what the problem really is? Society? As long as the real issue is overlooked the violence is going to continue to escalate with or without firearms.

Addressing crime is never solely about a single issue. For example: the US has one of the highest rates of firearm crime in the world as well as one of the highest rates of incarceration. I would be very curious to learn how many violent criminals were initially incarcerated for a nonviolent crime.

I am baffled in why that is so hard to comprehend .

Well, that makes two of us! No one on the anti gun control side has yet to admit that the right to keep and bear arms is not an unlimited one-- or even pose a historically accurate argument against that claim. Do you believe it is an unlimited right?
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 685
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2015 5:39:19 AM

No one on the anti gun control side has yet to admit that the right to keep and bear arms is not an unlimited one

***waves hand wildly*** I did...in posts 545 & 709.

Believe me, we know that it is a restricted right. We are well aware of the existing 30,000+ gun laws that prove that.

The plain fact is many of these "laws" are RESTRICTIONS that are unconstitutional.

The gist that many of those "laws" that exist are UNCONSTITUTIONAL is the result of some suit & tie motherfvckers who propose laws & & pass them. That in itself doesnt make them CONSTITUTIONAL . They are RESTRICTIONS of a constitutional right, & are not legal. But the suit & tie motherfvckers really dont care about that aspect, though. They just want to further an agenda, at the expense of your constitutional rights.

But until these "unconstitutional" laws are challenged , they continue to stand.

Here is a shining example of what Im talking about...this is one of those existing 30,000+ gun laws....an "unconstitutional" gun law that has stood since 1968 was challenged, and struck down last week by a federal court. Eric Holder & his Justice League fought valiently to stop the challenge, but failed, based on constitutional law. :

Judge rules federal interstate handgun transfer ban unconstitutional
Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:53pm EST

(Reuters) - A U.S. ban on the interstate sales of handguns by federal firearms dealers to buyers from other states violates the U.S. Constitution, a federal judge in Texas ruled on Wednesday.

The ruling by U.S. District Court Judge Reed O'Connor stemmed from a challenge to the ban brought by a Texas firearms dealer and a couple from the District of Columbia in July 2014.

The federal law prohibits a dealer from transferring a handgun, but not a rifle or shotgun, to an individual who does not live in the state in which the dealer's business is located.

"While we expect the government to appeal, we are confident that the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will agree with Judge O'Connor's sound ruling," attorney William Mateja, who represented the challengers, said in a statement.

Andrew and Tracey Hanson met with licensed firearms dealer Fredric Mance Jr. in Texas about buying two handguns, but did not complete the transaction because they could not take immediate possession of the weapons, according to court papers.

Federal law required Mance to transfer the handguns to a federally licensed dealer where the Hansons live, Charles Sykes in the District of Columbia, where they could complete the purchase after paying shipping and transfer fees.

The Hansons and Mance, all members of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, argued in their lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas that the ban limits consumer choices and infringes on their rights.

O'Connor found that the ban violated the second and fifth amendments to the U.S. Constitution. He also distinguished the ban from other firearms restrictions such as those that target specific people, such as felons or the mentally ill.

"As law abiding, responsible citizens, the Hansons likely do not pose the threat to public safety that motivated Congress to enact the federal interstate handgun transfer ban," O'Connor wrote in his decision.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/12/us-usa-court-handguns-idUSKBN0LG02Z20150212

^^^ This enables residents in Washington, DC to purchase handguns out of state, & bring them into Washington, DC.

Washington, DC currently RESTRICTS the constitutional right of its people to keep & bear arms in Washington, DC....... Simple as that.

The Justice Dept. will surely take this to the Supreme Court if they appeal & lose. Im waiting.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 686
Posted: 2/19/2015 8:12:55 AM
"No one on the anti gun control side has yet to admit that the right to keep and bear arms is not an unlimited one-- or even pose a historically accurate argument against that claim. Do you believe it is an unlimited right?"

Of course there are limits, just as there are limits on every other right.
We have free speech, don't we? Go ahead and yell "bomb" in a crowded airport and see what happens to you. I don't know anyone who owns a 155mm howitzer, (there may be an exclusion if it has been rendered non-functioning), I don't see guys bringing those to the local gun range , does anyone? No, those are not permitted to be owned by private citizens, just like all kinds of medium and heavy arms.
The counterpoint is this: unending attacks on private use of normal weapons. Sorry, but the AR-15 type gun is very mainstream, they are sold everywhere and are legally owned by millions of private citizens. Millions of ex-GI's were trained to use these, hence they are now the de facto militia arms So if the Gov't can't ban the gun, how about banning ammunition? Isn't that just as good?
Absolutely - paint a scary and dangerous image, then ban it. Problem solved! Just like the AR-15 , which was originally designed as a military weapon. Can anyone name a standard-issue military weapon that was NOT used for "assaulting" the enemy? Isn't a sword in fact an assault weapon? How about a horse? Or an elephant? (remember Alexander?)

"In a move clearly intended by the Obama Administration to suppress the acquisition, ownership and use of AR-15s and other .223 caliber general purpose rifles, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives unexpectedly announced today that it intends to ban commonplace M855 ball ammunition as “armor piercing ammunition.” The decision continues Obama’s use of his executive authority to impose gun control restrictions and bypass Congress."
read more here:
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150213/batfe-to-ban-common-ar-15-ammo
 etourdi65
Msg: 687
Posted: 2/19/2015 9:07:09 AM

"No one on the anti gun control side has yet to admit that the right to keep and bear arms is not an unlimited one-- or even pose a historically accurate argument against that claim. Do you believe it is an unlimited right?"
It was initially...doesn't really make sense if it is limited as it was put in place to allow people to arm themselves and be a part of the militia in case the Government became tyrannical...now that the army has fully automatic weapons, rocket launchers tanks etc...with the restrictions we have now a militia would not stand a chance if the Government were to become tyrannical.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 688
Posted: 2/19/2015 10:07:44 AM

It was initially...doesn't really make sense if it is limited as it was put in place to allow people to arm themselves and be a part of the militia in case the Government became tyrannical...

All your answer can be found here:

A well regulated right: The early American origins of gun control
Author: Cornell S / DeDino N
Publication: Fordham Law Review
Topics: Legislation and Policy Ownership U.S./National

The authors discuss the history of the second amendment and provide a context for their argument that discarding gun rhetoric will allow us to create a regulatory scheme that promotes public safety and recognizes the many legitimate uses of guns in our society. They point that two recent decisions by federal courts elaborated on two different tri-partite schemes. The older dichotomous view that dominated previous jurisprudence and scholarship is abandoned. Instead, it now appears that Second Amendment scholarship is arrayed across a considerable spectrum, from an expansive individual right to a narrow collective right of the states to maintain their militias.

http://ir.lawnet.fordham.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4021&context=flr
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 689
Posted: 2/19/2015 12:57:38 PM
Sorry, it was Hannibal, not Alexander who used pachyderms as war machines.
Can you just imagine the Roman edicts posted all over the empire - "All assault weapons are hereby banned, including but not limited to spears, swords, burning pots of pitch, knives, horses and elephants."
I wonder what a drive-by with elephants was like , , , , and who cleaned up after?
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 690
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2015 3:26:59 PM
^^That's why they needed slaves!
 flyguy51
Msg: 691
Posted: 2/19/2015 3:35:17 PM
Neopoli:

No one on the anti gun control side has yet to admit that the right to keep and bear arms is not an unlimited one

***waves hand wildly*** I did...in posts 545 & 709.

Well, sort of... but not really. You acknowledge the phrase "not unlimited," but you then demonstrate a muddled understanding of what that means:

Believe me, we know that it is a restricted right. We are well aware of the existing 30,000+ gun laws that prove that.

The plain fact is many of these "laws" are RESTRICTIONS that are unconstitutional.

See, you equivocate on the issue-- you do not differentiate between de facto restrictions that indeed exist and restrictions that would pass constitutional muster by any knowledgeable standard. In other words , there is a difference between "I know that Constitutional rights have limits" and "I know that they are limiting our Constitutional rights, but they shouldn't be!"

Also, as has already been pointed out to you, you are under the mistaken notion that regulations and restrictions are mutually exclusive terms.

GT:

I don't know anyone who owns a 155mm howitzer, (there may be an exclusion if it has been rendered non-functioning), I don't see guys bringing those to the local gun range , does anyone? No, those are not permitted to be owned by private citizens, just like all kinds of medium and heavy arms.

No, one could, in theory, own a live howitzer in certain states that allow highly destructive devices. Not only that, someone does:

http://www.koamtv.com/story/25862613/homeowner-assesses-damage-after-14-inch-artillery-shell-enters-house

Also, I know of one collector in Arizona whose most prized pieces comprise a quad M2 .50 caliber anti-aircraft turret mounted on a truck, and another truck mounted turret with a .30 cal Minigun. Now, as I was pointing out before, just because these things are legal in certain states does not mean they are necessarily a right protected by the Constitution-- actually, I believe Justice Scalia said in a majority opinion that machine guns are not a right protected by the 2nd Amendment-- although I have heard it argued that he uses dubious reasoning to come to that conclusion. I wouldn't say these rare and costly items pose a threat to public safety in the big picture.

The counterpoint is this: unending attacks on private use of normal weapons.

Fair point. Sometimes certain gun control measures are just a knee jerk reaction of proven ineffectiveness to make the public feel like something is being done. On the other hand, lobbying groups such as the NRA employ slippery slope propaganda campaigns and large sums of money (much coming from gun manufacturers, no doubt) to defeat measures that I do think are reasonable and beneficial.

Absolutely - paint a scary and dangerous image, then ban it. Problem solved! Just like the AR-15 , which was originally designed as a military weapon. Can anyone name a standard-issue military weapon that was NOT used for "assaulting" the enemy? Isn't a sword in fact an assault weapon? How about a horse? Or an elephant? (remember Alexander?)

"In a move clearly intended by the Obama Administration to suppress the acquisition, ownership and use of AR-15s and other .223 caliber general purpose rifles, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives unexpectedly announced today that it intends to ban commonplace M855 ball ammunition as “armor piercing ammunition.” The decision continues Obama’s use of his executive authority to impose gun control restrictions and bypass Congress."
read more here:
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150213/batfe-to-ban-common-ar-15-ammo

Speaking of painting a "scary image," that is exactly what your linked article is trying to do. Here is a much more balanced and much less panicky reference:

http://www.guns.com/2015/02/18/understanding-atfs-ban-on-m855-ammo/
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 692
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2015 5:58:24 AM

Sometimes certain gun control measures are just a knee jerk reaction of proven ineffectiveness to make the public feel like something is being done. On the other hand, lobbying groups such as the NRA employ slippery slope propaganda campaigns and large sums of money (much coming from gun manufacturers, no doubt) to defeat measures that I do think are reasonable and beneficial.

The bold is where the problem lies. Your opinion vs. my opinion. Or a better example: , a 45 year old gun law vs. a federal court overturning it on grounds of it being unconstitutional last week.

The NRA exists & executes directive in response to these wrongfully-enacted restrictions, AND keeps in check any attempts to initiate wrongfully-enacted restrictions(its called deterrent) because millions of citizens like us PAY MEMBERSHIP DUES, & direct them to do what they do.

We band together as a group of millions to vote for the officers of the organization who in turn do our bidding to protect our 2nd amendment rights from wreckless "feel-good" unconstitutional restrictions.....much like the ACLU does likewise with the 1st amendment. There are some slippery slope masters lurking in those hallways. But hey!! thats OK with those who support that "constitutional" faction, true??

These "certain gun control measures" that are "just a knee jerk reaction" is what happens when you do not show proper vigilance or properly watchdog an inalienable right granted by the constitution. Someone somewhere WILL take that right away with no regard for anyone's personal liberty - only wanting to impose their own selfish wishes on others. This applies to the NRA & the 2nd amendment as much as it applies to the ACLU & the 1st amendment.

GreenThumbz18
Msg: 693
Posted: 2/20/2015 8:40:01 AM
"No, one could, in theory, own a live howitzer in certain states that allow highly destructive devices. Not only that, someone does:

http://www.koamtv.com/story/25862613/homeowner-assesses-damage-after-14-inch-artillery-shell-enters-house"

And yet ANOTHER example of poor reporting -
"A 105 howitzer artillery shell, 14 and a half inches long and 3 and a half inches across, was lying on his bedroom floor."
Projectiles are always measured by diameter, not length, so whoever wrote this article knows squat about this subject. A 14" artillery shell would be enormous, certainly bigger than a man, and found only on a battleship or a giant field artillery gun, probably obsolete anyway. Using this method, a .22 long rifle bullet, the most common round in the world, would be a one inch bullet . I don't think so. Poor reporting.

Next - "The Ottawa County Sheriff's Department says the shell came from a historic artillery canon fired at the gun show.

The gun range owner says the weapon was fired safely by professionals at a downward projection."
Yes, there are historic weapons that are used in ceremonies, with appropriate supervision, as was the case here.
I'll bet there are some Civil War cannons still fired for the same purpose, or maybe some "tall ships". Those guns are probably not original, the metal is too old, they would be reproductions of antique guns.

Last, you may have noticed that the 14" shell went into a house and laid on the floor. It didn't go "boom". Why do you think that was? Is that your definition of a "highly destructive device" ?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 694
Posted: 2/20/2015 3:22:10 PM

Projectiles are always measured by diameter, not length, so whoever wrote this article knows squat about this subject. A 14" artillery shell would be enormous, certainly bigger than a man, and found only on a battleship or a giant field artillery gun, probably obsolete anyway. Using this method, a .22 long rifle bullet, the most common round in the world, would be a one inch bullet . I don't think so. Poor reporting.

More like a case of... reading while stupid... or acting stupid while pretending to be astute...

First... projectiles are NOT "always measured by diameter"... I give you... the "25-pounder" (~88mm but identified by projectile weight... not diameter) by way of example...

Second... the reporter did not refer to it as 14 inches in diameter... he clearly said "length"... your claim about the size is the surest evidence of stupidity in this...

Third... he referred to the diameter... or caliber... TWICE... at the outset by calling it a "105 howitzer artillery shell"... "105" isn't a model number... it is the bore diameter of the gun... and again... as "3 and a half inches across"... the base diameter of the projectile (many 105 shells have a "boat-tail" base)...

Teabaggers - displaying incompetence, one post at a time...
 calguy14
Msg: 695
Posted: 2/20/2015 4:49:06 PM
Please forgive my ignorance here, when was the last time the term 25 pounder was used for artillery?

88, German artillery gun fitted to the Panzers in North Africa?
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 696
Posted: 2/20/2015 5:09:44 PM

First... projectiles are NOT "always measured by diameter"... I give you... the "25-pounder" (~88mm but identified by projectile weight... not diameter) by way of example...

Second... the reporter did not refer to it as 14 inches in diameter... he clearly said "length"... your claim about the size is the surest evidence of stupidity in this...

Third... he referred to the diameter... or caliber... TWICE... at the outset by calling it a "105 howitzer artillery shell"... "105" isn't a model number... it is the bore diameter of the gun... and again... as "3 and a half inches across"... the base diameter of the projectile (many 105 shells have a "boat-tail" base)...

1) As this happened in the USA, our standard is by Caliber, not Shell Weight.... That is primarily a British thing...

2) The headline, "Homeowner assesses damage after 14-inch artillery shell enters house.", was to sensationalize the Event.... "House hit by a Inert 105mm Training Round", wouldn't sound as Bad....

Please forgive my ignorance here, when was the last time the term 25 pounder was used for artillery?

WW2...... Post WW2 everyone switched to Caliber of the Barrel...... Also listing a Piece by Shell Weight was primarily a British thing......
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 697
Posted: 2/20/2015 5:23:34 PM

Well... most likely... the "last time"... was today... I put "last time" in quotes because... it really is only the "last time" before the "next time"...

You see... there are still a couple... ummm... thousand... still in service around the world... just in case you were thinking... you know... "older" must mean... "completely obselete"... rather than "not so shiny and new"...

1) As this happened in the USA, our standard is by Caliber, not Shell Weight.... That is primarily a British thing...

So...?

WW2......

Nope... see the explanation above... but nice try at trying to appear to have the answer...

Once again... this is just another example of how the "anti-gun control" crowd likes to be deceitful

Also listing a Piece by Shell Weight was primarily a British thing......

Do you realize that more countries in the world... developed their military along British tradition... than American...? This ties back into my "So...?" comment earlier...
 calguy14
Msg: 698
Posted: 2/20/2015 5:52:15 PM
Still used in training maybe,Pakistan only country still producing shells,Sri Lankan civil war would be the last conflict it was in use.
87.6 mm.That would be a no no to call it an 88. :)

I knew it was a WWII gun blue eyes,I realized Joe was reaching back into the time machine again.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 699
Posted: 2/20/2015 6:20:30 PM

87.6 mm.That would be a no no to call it an 88. :)

Well... I did say..."~88mm"... perhaps you failed to notice the "approximate" symbol there...

Or... do we get into a discussion about "how many decimal points are in "approximate""...?

and... Seriously...?!?

I knew it was a WWII gun blue eyes,I realized Joe was reaching back into the time machine again.

The "time machine"...? But didn't you just say...

Pakistan only country still producing shells

Doesn't "still" automatically include the present...? and into the future as well...?

And funny enough... it isn't referenced as "87.6mm howitzer"... it is referenced as "25 PDR"... Hmmm...
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 700
Posted: 2/20/2015 6:52:17 PM
Liberals talking about firearm technology is the funniest thing ever!
Very comical when they try to speak about a topic with which they have virtually ZERO familiarity.

Typical silly gungrabber description:
"...A guy with a fully-automatic, pump revolver, with .45 gauge, rimfire grenade launcher, with semi-automatic clips and magazines...was in my neighborhood. Yeah, like I said, it was definitely a Glock. That's for sure..."
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.