Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 701
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 29 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
But Eric, did it have a shoulder thing that goes up? I'd say there's a 87% chance that it did......
 flyguy51
Msg: 702
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 2/20/2015 7:12:13 PM

Is that your definition of a "highly destructive device" ?

No, I was attempting to use the current legal definition for such high caliber weapons-- I was hoping that was implied by the context. I see now after looking it up that it is just "destructive device."

And as this was in response to your previous claim that such devices are illegal to own privately in the US, a simple "I stand corrected" would have sufficed...
 matthew83co
Msg: 703
Posted: 2/20/2015 8:52:14 PM

Liberals talking about firearm technology is the funniest thing ever!
Very comical when they try to speak about a topic with which they have virtually ZERO familiarity.

I amuse myself watching the AP (Associated Press) trying to determine firearms types. There was an article a few months back where the AP cited a picture of a DEA agent holding an "AK-47". The rifle held in possession of the DEA agent was an AR-15.
 matthew83co
Msg: 704
Posted: 2/20/2015 8:54:22 PM

But Eric, did it have a shoulder thing that goes up? I'd say there's a 87% chance that it did......

If it is the "shoulder thing" I think you are writing about, I will warn you! There are "shoulder things" that collapse to decrease the size of the firearm. It collapses just like a chair in an office does and appears to make the firearm shorter like the chair! ;-)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 705
Posted: 2/20/2015 9:16:53 PM
One of my favorite comical techniques by gungrabber journalists is when they write about "clips" and "magazines" as if they are interchangeable terms. Talk about making themselves look uneducated and ignorant on a continual basis.

matthew83co
Msg: 706
Posted: 2/20/2015 9:20:01 PM
Everyone knows "clips" are "magazines" due to "video games" and "hollywood one-liners" that refer to "magazines" as "clips" as "clips" must go in "guns" if "magazines" are actually what Heffner "publishes".

^^^^^^
That is the mentality that drives a man who has loaded plenty of "magazines" into "guns" completely hysterical.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 707
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2015 11:19:15 PM

the rifle held in possession of the DEA agent was an AR-15

Being DEA it was more than likely one of the NFA toys, an M4. ;)

If I had to quess.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 708
Posted: 2/20/2015 11:39:56 PM
+1 on the M4. On a few multi agency raids I've been on that's what some have carried.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 709
Posted: 2/20/2015 11:41:00 PM

One of my favorite comical techniques by gungrabber journalists is when they write about "clips" and "magazines" as if they are interchangeable terms. Talk about making themselves look uneducated and ignorant on a continual basis.

Everyone knows "clips" are "magazines" due to "video games" and "hollywood one-liners" that refer to "magazines" as "clips" as "clips" must go in "guns" if "magazines" are actually what Heffner "publishes".

^^^^^^
That is the mentality that drives a man who has loaded plenty of "magazines" into "guns" completely hysterical.

Hmmm...

clip
noun
Definition of CLIP
: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm
: a piece of jewelry held in position by a clip

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

clip

noun
1A flexible or spring-loaded device for holding an object or objects together or in place: he undid two clips and lifted the lid a gilt clip fastened her hair
More example sentences Synonyms
1.1A piece of jewellery fastened by a clip: a diamanté clip
More example sentences Synonyms
1.2A clip for holding banknotes: he drew two fifties from his golden clip
More example sentences
2A metal holder containing cartridges for an automatic firearm: he shot twice, but his clip was empty

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/clip

clip noun (GUN PART)
› [C] a container holding bullets and that is put into a gun

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/american-english/clip

clip noun (GUN PART)
› [C] a container that is fastened to a gun, from which bullets go into the gun to be fired

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/clip

Let's see... That's Merriam-Webster... Oxford... and... Cambridge dictionaries...

I wonder which has more credibility... about accepted usage of the word... some of the biggest dictionaries in the world... or "gun nutters" having a conversation among themselves... trying to set up their next barrel of red herrings... because their last one turned around and bit them on the ass...

You know what else I wonder...? If it is possible to die from "1000 self-inflicted ass bites"... like a "death by 1000 cuts" kind of thing...

And as this was in response to your previous claim that such devices are illegal to own privately in the US, a simple "I stand corrected" would have sufficed...

Ummm... yeah... good luck with that...

you might have to go digging for it among the red herrings...
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 710
Posted: 2/20/2015 11:56:40 PM
_MungoJoe_...how unfortunate you spent that cutting and pasting time on entirely incorrect information.
Go ahead and encourage journalists to amateurishly keep using the terms incorrectly. We will just continue to laugh.

aj7125
Msg: 711
Posted: 2/21/2015 12:03:09 AM
Oh my mungoe, you have struck out again...and again....and again....and again with your "clip" post. Definitely embarrassing for you.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 712
Posted: 2/21/2015 12:35:26 AM

_MungoJoe_...how unfortunate you spent that cutting and pasting time on entirely incorrect information.

Oh my mungoe, you have struck out again...and again....and again....and again with your "clip" post.

Oh... I see... then certainly you will have no problem... citing sufficient authoritative proof... from experts in the English language... that establishes the dictionaries as "incorrect"... shows where they "struck out"...?

You can do that... right...? Just as well as I...? Right...? I know you aren't admitting to me being smarter than you... more astute... more aware... just generally your intellectual superior... are you...?

I would hate to see you concede so easily... without ever really having "put up a fight"...
 aj7125
Msg: 713
Posted: 2/21/2015 12:52:47 AM
"just generally your intellectual superior."

^^^^^^^ Why yes I am, thank you
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 714
Posted: 2/21/2015 12:56:45 AM
Ask these firms if there is perhaps a difference between a "clip" and a "magazine" for firearms. LOL.
Here is a handful of companies you can telephone:

* Beretta
* Browning
* Colt's Manufacturing Company
* Heckler & Koch
* Marlin
* Remington
* SIG Sauer
* Sturm, Ruger and Company
* Walther
* Winchester

HINT:
One has been in business since 1526 and knows more about clips and magazines than a callow book editor.

Countryheart1967
Msg: 715
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2015 1:37:40 AM

You work with lead

No, that's lead as in pronounced "leed". :p

Although, I'm not opposed to working with lead if required.
 calguy14
Msg: 716
Posted: 2/21/2015 2:34:58 AM
@Mungojoe
I am thinking the howitzer moniker is incorrect, including the wiki description.Possibly another member knows for sure,I thought that the term howitzer came into usage in North Africa when the 155 mm gun came into use and properly used turned the tide in Tunisia.Nicknamed after Eisenhower?

I cant recall if the British ever used this description in WWII, and that it only applied to very large towable artillery.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 717
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2015 3:16:31 AM
[qote]I cant recall if the British ever used this description in WWII, and that it only applied to very large towable artillery.
Howitzer goes back to the 17th century - think of it as the **stard child of a cannon and a mortar. Shorter barrel than a cannon, smaller charge, used for (relatively) short distance and high trajectories - but not as short or as high as a mortar.
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 718
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2015 6:25:29 AM

HINT:
One has been in business since 1526 and knows more about clips and magazines than a callow book editor.

Yep.
A CLIP is what I use to load the MAGAZINE on my vintage 1954 Russian Arsenal SKS....also referred to as a"STRIPPER CLIP".

So, my SEMI-AUTO 1954 vintage Russian Arsenal SKS uses CLIPS, has a MAGAZINE, has a BAYONET MOUNT with an actual BAYONET, & uses the exact same ARMOR-PIERCING AMMO as an "AK47 ASSAULT WEAPON".

Lots of slang bantied about, lots of confusion, lots of knee-jerk reactions caused by fear & ignorance due to intentional misuse & misunderstood terminology in order to further an agenda that violates a constitutional amendment.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 719
Posted: 2/21/2015 6:53:12 AM
OlWhatzHisName...they will go completely apoplectic over evviiilll bayonet mounts!
Gungrabber brains will melt differentiating between fixed magazines and detachable magazines, too. LOL.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 720
Posted: 2/21/2015 8:08:55 AM
DHS intelligence report warns of domestic right-wing terror threat
By Evan Perez and Wes Bruer, CNN
Updated 10:59 AM ET, Fri February 20, 2015

Washington (CNN)They're carrying out sporadic terror attacks on police, have threatened attacks on government buildings and reject government authority.

A new intelligence assessment, circulated by the Department of Homeland Security this month and reviewed by CNN, focuses on the domestic terror threat from right-wing sovereign citizen extremists and comes as the Obama administration holds a White House conference to focus efforts to fight violent extremism.
DHS Secretary: ISIS reaching into U.S. to recruit

Some federal and local law enforcement groups view the domestic terror threat from sovereign citizen groups as equal to -- and in some cases greater than -- the threat from foreign Islamic terror groups, such as ISIS, that garner more public attention.​

The Homeland Security report, produced in coordination with the FBI, counts 24 violent sovereign citizen-related attacks across the U.S. since 2010.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/19/politics/terror-threat-homeland-security/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard Mack: 'Bloodshed' May Be Needed If 'State Sovereignty' Not Preserved
Submitted by Miranda Blue on Friday, 2/20/2015 4:31 pm

Richard Mack, the former sheriff of Graham County, Arizona, who now heads the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, told Steve Deace yesterday that although he is a “pacifist,” states and counties need to enforce their “sovereignty” in areas like marriage equality and gun control, or else “we will lose liberty in America, and we will not get it back unless there’s bloodshed.”

Mack, who argues that county sheriffs are not accountable to federal authority and so should not enforce laws that they believe violate the Constitution, told Deace that America has been losing liberty for a long time, but “it took a tyrant and communist in our own White House to wake a lot of people up.”

Read more and take not of the similarities between some people here and this nutter at

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/richard-mack-bloodshed-may-be-needed-if-state-sovereignty-not-preserved
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 721
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2015 8:22:36 AM
^^^Thats a dandy post there, hun. Yes, we all know about the ISIS threat & the similarities to some people posting on here...the ones who support the rioting/looting/burning of towns, & the assassination of cops sitting in their partol cars.

Eric, Its not so much the bayonet....its the MOUNT that caused a ruckus.LMAO.

The "assault weapons ban" of the 90s actually banned any import of firearms with a BAYONET...or a BAYONET MOUNT....LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

19th century knife technology constitutes an "assault" weapon...LMAO

Like , having a bayonet on a firearm is the tipping point that instantly makes it a "deadly assault weapon"
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 722
Posted: 2/21/2015 8:26:23 AM

Here is a handful of companies you can telephone:
HINT:

Funny... there are no experts in acceptable English usage... anywhere in your list... not one...

Funny... that is...

For your next "trick" will you be supplying us with... a list of refrigerator manufacturers... to provide English language expertise... in acceptable English uses of the word "cool"...?

That would be just as unintelligent... as anything else you've said so far...

@Mungojoe
I am thinking the howitzer moniker is incorrect...

Yeah... whatever...

As funny as above... is the unintelligent "anti-gun control" horsesh!t gets shot down... in flames... and all some can find to argue about... is whether "25 pounder" is still an "in use" term... and the origin of "howitzer"...
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 723
Posted: 2/21/2015 8:51:07 AM
Joe - thanks for bringing some levity to this discussion. How many cubits are in 155 mm ? I guess that was inconvenient so we switched to the metric system.
The mention of 25 pounders brought me back to those Horatio Hornblower stories I used to read in Junior High, makes I wonder when we will read of a pizza delivery woman who defends herself with a Brown Bess, now there's a story !!
The clip argument goes on endlessly in gun forums, too. The correct term is magazine, but lots of people say clip, which is not accurate.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 724
Posted: 2/21/2015 10:03:11 AM

The correct term is magazine, but lots of people say clip, which is not accurate.

And... it is also pretty much irrelevant... like complaining that someone said "handle" instead of "grip"...

Nothing more than picayune triviality... used in a small-minded... and childish... attempt to avoid actually making any sensible... or actually valid... rebuttals...

By your stupid little points... one would have to say that anyone... who says a "bucket" has a "handle"... is too stupid to have a valid opinion about buckets... because "technically"... buckets don't have "handles"... they have "bails"... Just ask any bucket-maker... preferably one who has been making buckets since the 1500's...

Which... of course... brings us all the way back to this point... once again...

What a maroon

B. Bunny

Ever onward...

Joe - thanks for bringing some levity to this discussion. How many cubits are in 155 mm ?

Ah... so you admit to having made a fool of yourself... with your own 'special' brand of... small-minded... and childish... attempts to avoid actually making sense...
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 725
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2015 10:17:07 AM
^^^^^^

This bugs you this much?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.