Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StarClassic
Msg: 51
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 3 of 58    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
No, HFX, it was caused by a careless owner who failed to keep the weapon under her direct physical control. No different than any other similarly careless dumbass running a red light and killing a family of four in the intersection.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 52
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 1/20/2015 1:24:54 PM

No, HFX, it was caused by a careless owner who failed to keep the weapon under her direct physical control...

Would that careless owner had the gun in her purse loaded with the safety off if she lived in Canada?

...No different than any other similarly careless dumbass running a red light and killing a family of four in the intersection.

Great point as most people in America think that guns are cars are equally as important, which ironically is due to some slick marketing and lots of a political influence.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/20/2015 1:35:16 PM

Would that careless owner had the gun in her purse loaded with the safety off if she lived in Canada?

We don't care how You do it in Canada, We fought a War a long time ago & told Y'all to go away....
Unlike Y'all we don't want to be Subjects of the Crown.......
 StarClassic
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/20/2015 1:37:32 PM
(quote)Great point as most people in America think that guns are cars are equally as important, which ironically is due to some slick marketing and lots of a political influence.(/quote)

I should have expounded further. Mistake on my part that you took that out of context.
A gun, just like a car, is nothing more than a tool. An inanimate object meant to be used in a responsible manner by responsible people.
Here's a challenge for you. Look up the number of accidental deaths involving automobiles in America. Next, look up the number of homicides/murders involving automobiles in America. (NO, I do not consider drunk driving incidents as accidents. They should be classed as an intentional/negligent killing.)
Now, compare that number to the number of firearm related deaths/killings.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/20/2015 1:40:49 PM
Becky, the point regarding Zimmerman was - why was he driving around with a loaded gun anyway. If he had concerns, call the police. He, like many other folks, are "wannabe's", pretend-a-cop, shit for brains. Zimmerman stepped out of his level of expertise, played Rambo and basically murdered a young man (and yes, I think Martin had issues and yes, I know Zimmerman was acquitted). As to the toddler - not so much an unfortunate accident but an accident waiting to happen. This woman somehow felt a need to "pack" while shopping at Walmart....with her child....

NRA is no different than any other lobby group...they have money, they buy power and influence.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/20/2015 1:43:21 PM

Posted by StarClassic:
"No, HFX, it was caused by a careless owner who failed to keep the weapon under her direct physical control. No different than any other similarly careless dumbass running a red light and killing a family of four in the intersection."
Precisely correct. I pedal between 9000-10000 miles annually and see people with iPads propped against their steering wheels. Those drivers should be focused upon driving safety...yet sometimes they make terrible choices. I do not become angry with cars (inanimate objects) or other drivers who are driving their cars safely and alertly.

Posted by HFX_RGB:
"Would that careless owner had the gun in her purse loaded with the safety off if she lived in Canada?"
Perhaps yes. Perhaps no. We don't know her thought process.
All we know for absolute certain is she made a tragic safety mistake.
The difference between the two countries is that it is also a Constitutional right here.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/20/2015 1:46:03 PM

We don't care how You do it in Canada, We fought a War a long time ago & told Y'all to go away....

Well like they say, when you can not attack the information, just try and attack the person who said it.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/20/2015 1:46:47 PM

Posted by StarClassic:
"No, HFX, it was caused by a careless owner who failed to keep the weapon under her direct physical control. No different than any other similarly careless dumbass running a red light and killing a family of four in the intersection."

Precisely correct. I pedal between 9000-10000 miles annually and see people with iPads propped against their steering wheels. Those drivers should be focused upon driving safety...yet sometimes they make terrible choices. I do not become angry with cars (inanimate objects) or other drivers who are driving their cars safely and alertly.

Posted by HFX_RGB:
"Would that careless owner had the gun in her purse loaded with the safety off if she lived in Canada?"

Perhaps yes. Perhaps no. We don't know her thought process.
The difference between the two countries is that it is also a Constitutional right here.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/20/2015 1:47:56 PM

A gun, just like a car, is nothing more than a tool. An inanimate object meant to be used in a responsible manner by responsible people.

Right and when you understand it is harder to get a license to drive a car than it is to buy a gun then you will see my point.
 chameleonf
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/20/2015 1:55:38 PM

...such as the "responsible" mother who was shot by her child? With the threads just on irresponsible police officers who are thought to be responsible at the time they are given the guns, along with hours of training both on and off the job, what do you believe the percentage of "responsible" citizens at large are out there who would fly under the radar of any possible psychological (logical being the key word) testing (which isn't done)? This doesn't even factor in the number of criminal offenses committed while using stolen guns from licensed holders. I can see, with the rising fear of radical Islamics that there is going to be an increase in shootings by both licensed and unlicensed individuals shooting their friendly neighbourhood Muslim, believing that if you're a Muslim, you must, therefore, be a radical Islamic, so shoot first and ask questions later.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/20/2015 1:55:53 PM

Um, I think you told the British to go away.
 kj521
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/20/2015 1:56:50 PM
"the point regarding Zimmerman was - why was he driving around with a loaded gun anyway."

I would imagine each and every individual who obtains a conceal & carry permit......has their own personal reasons for doing so. The common factor they share is their legal right to do so. :)
 StarClassic
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/20/2015 2:08:51 PM
HFX, you've never filled out a Form4473 have you? First you fill out the form. That in itself takes just a few minutes. Then the dealer makes the phone call for the background check and awaits verification (the go ahead). I've waited anywhere from 30 minutes, to 11 hours. Anybody with reasonable reading comprehension and a modicum of motor control skill can pass the written and driving test to receive a license.

Here's one for you. The reason behind the Form4473 and background check is to keep guns away from those adjudicated and deemed unfit to posses a gun.
I don't recall the year, or the exact numbers involved, but the lack of enforcement was nearly laughable. Key word there is Nearly. I saw nothing humorous about it. Disgusting actually.
The number of Felons declined on a 4473 were in the thousands. 12,000+. The number actually rounded up and charged? Something like 12. I know it wasn't over 20.
 overunity
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2015 2:11:57 PM
Msg 61, you didn't tell "us" to go away, you invaded this land and got the shit kicked out of you. Then after burning down your capital, we came home because your beer and cigarettes were and are shit too. LMFAO!!!
 robaustralia
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/20/2015 2:25:01 PM

I'm sure that when the Founding fathers wrote"the right to bear arms shall not be infringed" was not intended to mean that citizens can own entire arsenals of battlefield weapons that include automatic rifles, semi automatic shotguns, semiautomatic handguns when they are not even a member of an army or militia .

I'm pretty sure the Founding Fathers meant that an organised army or militia had the right to bear arms against invading enemies. I'm pretty sure they didn't mean a citizen has the right to bear arms to commit mass shootings against innocent citizens.

Every time there is a mass shooting in the US the issue of gun control always comes up . Then you hear the cries of "but we have the right to bear arms"
Even Obama tried to introduce stricter gun control and failed.
Stricter gun control does reduce the incidence of mass shootings and the no .of gun related crimes, it has worked in my country. However it is on the rise again largely due to gang violence who possess weapons that are illegal to own.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/20/2015 2:37:38 PM

Posted by RobAustralia:
"I'm sure that when the Founding fathers wrote"the right to bear arms shall not be infringed" was not intended to mean that citizens can own entire arsenals of battlefield weapons that include automatic rifles, semi automatic shotguns, semiautomatic handguns when they are not even a member of an army or militia..."

I'm sure that when the Founding Fathers wrote:

From the United States Constitution:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

They likely had no insights there would be the internet, supercomputers, mobile telephones, landline telephones, radios, remarkable transportation infrastructure, and a wide variety of other developments. Despite all of those changes, we still consider the First Amendment a crucial component to the United States of America.

For those that do not like the Constitution of this country or its contents, simply vote your mind and encourage your legislators to change this historic document. Those who live beyond our national borders are invited to do likewise.
 StarClassic
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/20/2015 3:04:09 PM
"I'm pretty sure they didn't mean a citizen has the right to bear arms to commit mass shootings against innocent citizens."

And on that point you are absolutely correct.

The founding fathers intent behind the Second Amendment was that the common populace might have arms to take up against,,, wait for it,,, Government. More precisely a government bent on overreach and tyranny. The Second Amendment gives the First Amendment TEETH. When government fails to listen to the majority we the people have the means to bite then on the ass. so to speak
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/20/2015 3:14:39 PM

Behind-Blue-Eyes_53:

bluemoon24_7:
Um, I think you told the British to go away.

What, are You claiming Y'all weren't a Colony of Great Britain & Subjects of the Crown?
That Canada didn't help Great Britain during the American Revolution & the War of 1812?

overunity:
Msg 61, you didn't tell "us" to go away, you invaded this land and got the shit kicked out of you. Then after burning down your capital, we came home because your beer and cigarettes were and are shit too. LMFAO!!!

Y'all as a Colony of Great Britain invaded these Lands, too, When You Colonized Canada. Yes, Y'all invaded us during the War of 1812, & We kicked Your Butts for a 2nd time....

Robaustralia:
I'm sure that when the Founding fathers wrote"the right to bear arms shall not be infringed" was not intended to mean that citizens can own entire arsenals of battlefield weapons that include automatic rifles, semi automatic shotguns, semiautomatic handguns when they are not even a member of an army or militia .

I can understand Your ignorance, You weren't taught this Stuff. There is a lot of Citizens of the USA that don't know & understand this, too..

At the time of our Founding a Regular Citizen could own every Weapon the Military possessed. There were even Cannons in Private hands. Also as I've shown, every Able Bodied Man in the USA is a Member of the Militia, for at least part of their lives. This didn't change till the National Firearms Act of 1934. Then a Tax was imposed on ownership of some weapons.

Stricter gun control does reduce the incidence of mass shootings and the no .of gun related crimes, it has worked in my country. However it is on the rise again largely due to gang violence who possess weapons that are illegal to own.

Imagine that, Criminals are breaking the Law.... Here's a Clue for You, they're Criminals, that's what they do....
 StarClassic
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/20/2015 3:21:45 PM
Uhhhhhhh, B.B.E. France was an ally to the patriots during the revolution. They in fact furnished a massive amount of funding as well as troops. Our founders might well have lost were it not for the French.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/20/2015 3:52:47 PM

StarClassic:
Uhhhhhhh, B.B.E. France was an ally to the patriots during the revolution. They in fact furnished a massive amount of funding as well as troops. Our founders might well have lost were it not for the French.

Yes they did & as a Country We're grateful for that Support.
By the Time of the American Revolution, Canada was a Colony of Great Britain.

Here's a Timeline...........

May 17, 1756 – The Seven Years’ War begins with Britain declaring war on France. It starts in North America and spreads to Europe.

Feb. 10, 1763 – The Treaty of Paris ends the Seven Years’ War, with Britain taking possession of Canada.

The Declaration of Independence is the usual name of a statement adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, which announced that the thirteen American colonies,[2] then at war with Great Britain, regarded themselves as thirteen newly independent sovereign states, and no longer a part of the British Empire. Instead they formed a new nation—the United States of America. John Adams was a leader in pushing for independence, which was unanimously approved on July 2. A committee of five had already drafted the formal declaration, to be ready when Congress voted on independence. The term "Declaration of Independence" is not used in the document itself.

bigbadnirish:
Clearly every financially capable American should own a fighter plane or a tank-preferably both.

As shocking as it may be to You, there are Fighter Aircraft & Tanks in Private Hands, Right Now... Some of them even have active Weapons Systems... As long as they comply with the NFA-1934, they're Perfectly Legal......
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/20/2015 3:53:41 PM

I can understand Your ignorance, You weren't taught this Stuff.

Yes, this I can see. More unregulated guns exactly equates more gun related violence. It should be taught in schools.

At the time of our Founding a Regular Citizen could own every Weapon the Military possessed. There were even Cannons in Private hands.

Clearly every financially capable American should own a fighter plane or a tank-preferably both.

Also as I've shown, every Able Bodied Man in the USA is a Member of the Militia

Though there are two types of American militia...the organized militia and the unorganized militia...which bears to mind the term "a well regulated militia."...and I wonder which militia falls into that category?

We in Connecticut have just passed the second anniversary of the Sandy Hook mass killings by Adam Lanza....27 people were killed that day...his mother, 6 teachers, and 20 1st and 2nd graders....26 were killed with an AR15 Bushmaster with an extended ammunition "magazine".

Somehow the second amendment has been twisted and convoluted into some obscene piece of horrific legislation which has little resemblance to the original amendment or the intent of its writers
 robaustralia
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/20/2015 3:55:37 PM

can understand Your ignorance, You weren't taught this Stuff. There is a lot of Citizens of the USA that don't know & understand this, too..

At the time of our Founding a Regular Citizen could own every Weapon the Military possessed. There were even Cannons in Private hands. Also as I've shown, every Able Bodied Man in the USA is a Member of the Militia, for at least part of their lives. This didn't change till the National Firearms Act of 1934. Then a Tax was imposed on ownership of some weapons.

Thanks for clarifying that. I wasn't aware of that. That makes sense in that regular citizens are able to own and bear arms to defend themselves against any government oppression and tyranny.The problem with that is that puts lethal weapons in the hands of potential, we'll nutcases who can commit mass shootings.

The solution to that issue is hence complicated.

Imagine that, Criminals are breaking the Law... Here's Clue for You, they're Criminals, that's what they do...

Correct, however stricter gun control does reduce the incidence of domestic gun violence and mass shootings. If criminals want firearms they will get them on way or another.
Once again how that can be prevented is complicated.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/20/2015 5:31:34 PM

HFX, you've never filled out a Form4473 have you? First you fill out the form. That in itself takes just a few minutes. Then the dealer makes the phone call for the background check and awaits verification (the go ahead). I've waited anywhere from 30 minutes, to 11 hours. Anybody with reasonable reading comprehension and a modicum of motor control skill can pass the written and driving test to receive a license.

Also anybody with reasonable reading comprehension is going to call bullsh*t on you waiting 11hrs, but that is beside the point.

Because you basically just proved my point.

To buy and operate a gun you need to be of age and not have committed a felony and be able to fill out a form.

To buy and operate a car, you must be of age, not have committed a crime which would prohibit you from driving, be able to fill out a form and then you must prove you can actually operate the car.

Thus it is much harder to get a driver's licence than it is to buy a gun.
 etourdi65
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/20/2015 7:31:11 PM
Yep..and there is no constitutional right to driving a car...its a privilege granted by the States..so
It should be easy to buy a gun just like you think it should be easy to vote both are Constitutional rights.
 HondoGal
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/20/2015 8:36:05 PM
The article I quoted pertains to an armed woman fending off an armed attacker.

Unfortunately, some of the usual lame, vile, uninformed suspects have invaded this thread; as they do any and all threads having to do with individual rights.

Although I do not read posts from: BigSad, aristole, bluemoon and now the new icecream (stopped when she mentioned dreams and bugs) I do read the enlightened posters who often quote them. Therefore I would like to address some issues raised:

School shootings - It is beyond unfortunate that the only schools protected in the U.S. with every deterrent imaginable… metal detectors, armed guards and more, are the ghetto schools.
For decades these lowly schools (no more than day care centers for juvenile delinquents for the most part) have spent more on security than on teaching the three Rs. This massive security had to be implemented in order to prevent the young criminals from killing one another and the teachers.

We need to protect our good schools as well; at the very least with metal detectors and security guards.

As for citizens bearing arms - If you do not know how to use a firearm better not to own one. EVERYONE I know that has firearms knows how to use them, myself included. If anyone believes that a police officer can reach you in time, when you are under attack, you are delusional (which every leftist that was quoted in this thread is). I cannot help but notice that the quotes of leftists, by the persons whose posts I read, depict some form of mental deficiency of these leftists.

The book I mentioned, ARMED AND FEMALE, was written by a former public defender. She changed her mind as to whether or not we, as ordinary citizens, should be armed after learning of the many incidents wherein armed women were able to avoid being murdered by criminals. The many situations in her book which illustrate how owning a firearm will save your life is excellent reading for men as well as women.

I sincerely hope that the leftists, which were quoted herein and as usual are vile or vulgar or post untruths, do not own firearms or plan to obtain one.

To the service men and police officers who have posted here, thank you for your service to our country. I have a great deal of respect for our service men and police officers for I know that the price of freedom is not free.

We as Americans should fight back, in every situation, whether it be a mugging, as in the Pizza gal example or a break-in. I know of a family member who when car-jacked defeated the criminal. However, due to the leftist mentality and the rights of criminals exceeding those of law-abiding citizens, we need to be wary. I would not want to be in Great Britain where defending your own home may lead to a jail sentence.

Criminals often will obtain degenerate lawyers (the ACLU comes to mind) to file lawsuits against persons who only sought to defend themselves. This is the primary reason Florida passed the “Stand Your Ground” law.

Once more, Kudos to the armed Papa Jones pizza delivery woman.
I hope that a monetary fund for her is started; this would allow us to display our appreciation for her valor. And also to, perhaps incidentally, send a message to would be muggers.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.