Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aj7125
Msg: 726
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 30 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
"This bugs you this much? "

^^^^^^^^ Five words that say it all.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 727
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 2/21/2015 10:50:54 AM

^^^^^^

This bugs you this much?

If I say "yes"... can you guarantee that the "gun nutters" will post more stupid sh!t for me to laugh at... and continue to use to point out they have no intelligent point...?

That's a deal I could go for... because... I'm really far more interested in pointing out the stupidity of the arguments... than actually convincing them about gun control... at this juncture...

"This bugs you this much? "

^^^^^^^^ Five words that say it all.

Like this... for example... can't uphold even one "anti-gun control" point... can't even be bothered to talk about it... Just random troll posts as cover for... well... not actually having any points to make...

*Sponsored by the National "Please Fix Stupid" Campaign*
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 728
Posted: 2/21/2015 11:02:12 AM
Liberals simply cannot comport themselves calmly when their emotions take control.
For example, they are unable to learn a new fact and say:
"Hey, learned today that 'clips' and 'magazines' are not the same hardware."

They are funny birds like that...
 aj7125
Msg: 729
Posted: 2/21/2015 11:33:24 AM
Maybe a mockingbird is a liberal......Hmmmmmm

You are right Eric, you can feel the hate and anger with the majority of these liberal posters. Maybe they could go to the "I am angry all the time" forum, and if there isn't one, they definitely have lots of things they could start and post on that issue.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 730
Posted: 2/21/2015 11:49:08 AM

Maybe a mockingbird is a liberal......Hmmmmmm

Probably... they are quite intelligent... as birds go...

I would imagine that the most intelligent of every species would more likely be liberal... given the option to choose...
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 731
Posted: 2/21/2015 12:01:01 PM
"I would imagine that the most intelligent of every species would more likely be liberal... given the option to choose..."
Sure, no need to do what the previous thousand generations of successful mockingbirds have done, let's change the rules and be smarter, kinder, more inclusive.
Why build out little nests way up in some tree, far away from the other animals? Let's instead ask the others to join us in a great big nest, it's not right to keep the snakes, alligators, and foxes away from our own, that's just not the way we want others to see us.
We need to end these discriminatory practices because it' will encourage the others to be nice to us, and that way the planet will be in harmony. Hopefully we will find a great leader, probably some kind of mongrel, not bird, not fox, not alligator, but something not really belonging to any species, something "evolved" and HE (or she) will lead us to complete happiness.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 732
Posted: 2/21/2015 12:18:59 PM

Why build out little nests way up in some tree, far away from the other animals?

You just never do seem to post... about anything that you know even the slightest thing about...? Do you...?

Is there some part of the title... that you interpret as... "Please post everything you DON'T know here"...

Seriously dude...

All known species build somewhat messy, bulky twig nests in dense growth, in most species on the ground or no more than 2 meters up.

"way up in some tree"... roflmao...

Hopefully we will find a great leader, probably some kind of mongrel

You remind me of that orange juice ad... just a little different... With you it's like... "A day without racism is like a day without sunshine"...

You just have to work it into everything...
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 733
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2015 12:33:05 PM
^^^^^^

I just don't comprehend getting emotional over forums. :-\
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 734
Posted: 2/21/2015 1:28:27 PM

^^^^^^

Yeah... comprehension... or lack thereof... is a frequent problem around here... but... at least it's not a lonely position to be in... you've got company...
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 735
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2015 2:33:33 PM

A day without racism is like a day without sunshine"...

...and there we go again..... gotta blurt out that RACISM thing, Tourettes style, in a thread dealing with: defending oneself with a firearm, gun control laws, & the 2nd amendnemt.

The only racism that is on topic here is the racism practiced by supporters of GUN CONTROL laws. They are racist in nature, & many gun control laws of the past had the fringe benefit of keeping poor blacks & minorities disarmed.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 736
Posted: 2/21/2015 2:45:06 PM
"keeping poor blacks & minorities disarmed."
That is not allowed.
I know, I'll move to Canada.
Problem solved :)

Really, how many guys connect a little bird protecting it's young to racism?
It takes a very "special" brain to make that leap.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 737
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2015 2:51:40 PM
^^^^

I think you may have misread that last post.
 HondoGal
Msg: 738
Posted: 2/21/2015 9:50:32 PM

Sure, no need to do what the previous thousand generations of successful mockingbirds have done, let's change the rules and be smarter, kinder, more inclusive. 
Why build out little nests way up in some tree, far away from the other animals? Let's instead ask the others to join us in a great big nest, it's not right to keep the snakes, alligators, and foxes away from our own, that's just not the way we want others to see us.
We need to end these discriminatory practices because it' will encourage the others to be nice to us, and that way the planet will be in harmony. Hopefully we will find a great leader, probably some kind of mongrel, not bird, not fox, not alligator, but something not really belonging to any species, something "evolved" and HE (or she) will lead us to complete happiness.~Greenthumb

I love this!

many gun control laws of the past had the fringe benefit of keeping poor blacks & minorities disarmed.

That was a good thing, no? Less guns all around.

StarClassic
Msg: 739
Posted: 2/21/2015 11:37:01 PM

^^^^^^

It's not about the "forums". It's about themselves and the hatred they harbor for us. They cannot accept the fact that we are FTA (Free Thinking Americans) who refuse to adopt the ideal that they, and government, know better how we should live our lives. Where we willingly accept the yoke of responsibility, they, willingly, accept the chains of oppression.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 740
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2015 1:01:35 AM

It's not about the "forums". It's about themselves and the hatred they harbor for us.

I have to wonder why you would think that anybody who disagrees with you "hates" you.
Maybe it's exactly that type of over-reactive, paranoid thinking that makes people so nervous when you are so heavily armed - "responsibly" or otherwise.
 robaustralia
Msg: 741
Posted: 2/22/2015 1:13:01 AM

GUN VIOLENCE ARCHIVE 2015 TOLL OF GUN VIOLENCE
Total Number of Incidents: 5,802
Number of Deaths1: 1,702

Come on ! In the last four days the well organised militia has only managed to blow away 126 people.

What is wrong? Are you out of ammo or something?
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 742
Posted: 2/22/2015 1:46:24 AM
News just travels slow I suppose. Two popped down the road yesterday I believe.

You know us Georgian's can be some inhospitable gun tote'n, get your ass off my property types. But then again you could live in mid town where you have to travel in packs to get to your car to avoid getting robbed and assaulted at the end of the workday. But hey makes for good bonding with coworkers.

Guaranteed at least 10 shot in Georgia last night. We believe in a cold heart and hot lead baby! Y'all come again now!
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 743
Posted: 2/22/2015 9:10:18 AM
" fringe benefit keeping poor blacks & minorities disarmed."
^^^^

I think you may have misread that last post."

No , the "fringe benefits" of legislation are as important as the legislation itself , maybe more important. If you remove "victims" from Liberalism, if everybody actually did succeed, then who would willingly stand in line to give up their freedoms?
That is why the "war on poverty" creates more poor people than ever before, "civil rights" are never effective against bigotry, and "health care for all" won't make people any healthier.
Liberalism cannot flourish without a constant stream of victims - the emotional appeal deflates and nobody will buy those same ever-sadder stories.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 744
Posted: 2/22/2015 3:52:06 PM

That is why the "war on poverty" creates more poor people than ever before, "civil rights" are never effective against bigotry, and "health care for all" won't make people any healthier.

The poverty rate was 22% when the War on Poverty was declared. It's 13% today.

Bigots may still exist, but they can't make black people live in segregated enclaves, ride in the back of the bus, drink from separate water fountains, or go to different schools. I'd say the score was 1 for civil rights, 0 to the bigots.

Final score still not in for ACA, but if it follows anywhere near the path of Medicare and Medicaid (also great society programs), it'll do just fine, and clearly much better than the teapottiers wish. The Republicans have been promising for decades to come up with a plan of their own. They seem unable to do so.

Still astonishes me when obviously bright people voluntarily dumb down in order to continue to believe their political stuff.

CrookCatcher
Msg: 745
Posted: 2/22/2015 6:45:35 PM

The poverty rate was 22% when the War on Poverty was declared. It's 13% today.

I don't have a dog in this fight but....
what was the population when it was 22%.

And what is the population at 13%?

Not even going to bother to look myself, but the question just begged to be asked.

Because we don't want this to be true.

Still astonishes me when obviously bright people voluntarily dumb down in order to continue to believe their political stuff.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 746
Posted: 2/22/2015 7:37:20 PM

what was the population when it was 22%.

And what is the population at 13%?

Not even going to bother to look myself, but the question just begged to be asked.

I'm curious... why you believe that question "just begged to be asked"...?

I'm curious as to why you even think that is relevant to the comment...?

Well... not so much curious... as I have a suspicion... really just looking for confirmation...

No... we definitely do not want that...
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 747
Posted: 2/22/2015 10:31:06 PM
"I'd say the score was 1 for civil rights, 0 to the bigots. "
Oh yeah? Well I'd say that things probably look a little different in Salt spring island than they do here in Los Angeles. Care to take a stroll some time in South Central?

"LBJ's "War on Poverty" Hurt Black Americans

Five Decades After: Black Progress Hurt by Expansion in Government, Welfare

Black Activists Criticize Handout Mentality that Destroyed Traditional Families

"The War on Poverty has arguably destroyed the black nuclear family," said Project 21's Christopher Arps. "Roughly 75 percent of black children were born to a married two-parent family when the 'war' began in 1964. By 2008, the percentage of black babies born out of wedlock numbered over 72 percent. Today, the rate of unwed motherhood in the black community is more than twice as high as among whites — and almost three times higher than before big government's grand intervention. And all this comes at a steep financial cost. The federal government has spent an estimated $15 trillion dollars to end poverty. Government reportedly spent $20,610 on every poor individual and $61,830 per poor family in 2012."
http://www.nationalcenter.org/P21PR-WarOnPoverty_010814.html

One more question - If you declared war on some enemy and 50 years later you had spent many trillions of dollars and were STILL fighting the same enemy , would you call that a success?
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 748
Posted: 2/23/2015 2:11:27 AM
Actually the dollar amount is closer to 22 Trillion.

And there are 1,029,00 less people in poverty now.

1965 - 42,746,00

2015 - 41,717,00

So to achieve this it took a bit less than 22 million dollars spent equivalent for each individual of the 1.029 million or 440,00.00 dollars yearly for 50 years equivalent to each individual for this total number to escape the poverty levels of 1965?

Over 50 years for around a 1% reduction in the over all level?

I'm impressed by both sides tenacity in here. Right or wrong you go down swinging, something to be said for that.
 gingerosity
Msg: 749
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2015 2:54:33 AM

So to achieve this it took a bit less than 22 million dollars spent equivalent for each individual of the 1.029 million or 440,00.00 dollars yearly for 50 years equivalent to each individual for this total number to escape the poverty levels of 1965?

Even a quick and dirty calculation should make a token effort to take into account the population change. For example:

Population 1965 - 190 million
Population 2015 - 320 million
Poverty 1965 - 42,746,000/190,000,000 = 22.5%
Projected Poverty 2015 at 22.5% = 72 million
Projected - Actual Poverty 2015 = 72 million - 41,717,000 = 30.283 million people
$/person = 22 trillion / 30.283 million = $726,480
$/person/year = $726,480 / 50 = $14,529

But of course if you want to do it properly you would have to justify your assumptions and take a zillion other factors into account too. Inflation is a big one you should take into account even in quick and dirty calculations, but you may have already adjusted for that in your $22 trillion figure. Another common 'gotcha' is if the classifications changed during your study period (eg. if the definition of 'poverty' changed). And of course you'd want to compare to other times or other countries to increase your sample size and reduce the effect of random variables.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 750
Posted: 2/23/2015 4:40:17 AM

And there are 1,029,00 less people in poverty now.

1965 - 42,746,00

2015 - 41,717,00

Over 50 years for around a 1% reduction in the over all level?

Ah... that's exactly where I thought you were headed... straight down the expressway to "dumb it down" land...

Here is a question for you... How many poor people... in hard numbers like you provided... would there be today... if the poverty rate were still 22%...?

How much has the population grown in that time...? Hint: the answer is about 163%... How much has poverty grown in that same time...? Do you need another hint...?

Hmmm...? Are you brave enough to answer that... brave enough to show up the "dumb down" you just tried to pull...?

Wasn't it YOU... who just posted this before...? Is "not dumb it down"... just a one-way street...? OK for you but no-one else...?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.