Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 776
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 32 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)

No, I worded that correctly. What I was saying is that it is practically impossble to have a full blown collection take place.
Compliance would be shaky at best, even a lot of law enforcement wouldn't enforceme it. :/
It is nobodies business what I own or do not own.

So, you oppose confiscation, of course, AND you believe that confiscation is virtually impossible? I hope that you do not spend too much time fearing and vehemently opposing things that you consider virtually impossible in the first place.

But... you see... that is the red herring they create... that it is all about "collection"... "confiscation"... "gun grabbers"...

One after another... their arguments get shot down... the fake quotes are outed... the deceit is debunked... the specious claims are shown to be groundless... over and over... until... all that remains is hysteria... the last tool in the arsenal...
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 777
view profile
History
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 2/23/2015 8:23:50 PM
^^^^

May I be shown where I made that claim?
Or are you just going to keep repeating yourself?

Where's the "red herring"?
Careful, your bigotry and hate is starting to show. I believe I have been respectful myself without throwing around accusations that you toss around like party favours. :/
 flyguy51
Msg: 778
Posted: 2/23/2015 8:33:15 PM
Yep. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any poster on the pro gun control side ever mentioned confiscation. That was just gun fetish induced paranoia talking. Thing is, there are actually valid arguments against certain gun control measures-- the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, for example (don't agree with it myself). But, no, they would rather banter about the very vital distinction between clips and magazines-- even though no one in this thread had ever even mentioned clips.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 779
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2015 8:41:47 PM
There really are no bans on firearms, the right license and tax will get you whatever you want.

$1500 for a class III licence and $200 tax per firearm per year and you can own all the full autos you want.
 flyguy51
Msg: 780
Posted: 2/23/2015 8:57:56 PM
Yeah, I actually looked into the requirements for full auto ownership almost a decade ago. I recall the fees plus full registration and disclosure of a bunch of personal information. That is also when I learned of the import ban on full auto firearms in the 1986 firearms act. As a history and firearms buff, I had a vague hankering to own a Thompson and MP-40 someday...
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 781
Posted: 2/23/2015 9:37:12 PM

^^^^

May I be shown where I made that claim?

I'm uncertain which "claim" you are referring to... I pointed out a few claims made by several people... That probably has something to do with why I used the word... "they"... you know... rather than... "you"... "he"... "she"... "we"... or "I"... but that's just common sense... right...?

If you are referring to the "collection" point... well... that would be when YOU brought it up in post 799... where you said...:

What I was saying is that it is practically impossble to have a full blown collection take place.
Compliance would be shaky at best, even a lot of law enforcement wouldn't enforceme it. :/

If you mean any of the other points... well... I don't have to prove you said them... because I didn't say that you did...

Now... having said that... I will direct your attention to your post 598...

My standing, simply put...
MOLON LABE.

Did I miss the meaning of "molon labe"... in the context of gun control... or any context really...? Doesn't it have something to do with... a challenge... a dare... to "come and take them"...? I seem to recall... some connection with Leonidas... and the Persians... wanting the Greeks to give up their arms...

but... I could be wrong about that... No... really...! I could be...! It has happened... I can't remember exactly when... but I'm sure it has...

Ummm... right there... just where I showed you...

Careful, your bigotry and hate is starting to show.

Careful... your stepping dangerously close to "Mungo's Rules" territory...
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 782
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2015 10:02:20 PM
^^^^

You quoted me then went on to write about "them", lumping me in.
Nowhere have I posted about being paranoid of anything I was lumped in with.

Collections was used simply to illustrate how criminals would have firearms in reference to HFX's post, not exactly paranoia unless one reads it out of context.

You are quite correct about MOLON LABE. That is where I stand, it's what I believe. It applies to all of our rights... As was mentioned in said post. Once again, no fear.
There will be the same response no matter the right being infringed. Exactly how does this illustrate that I'm afraid of something? If I choose to defend my rights if taken that implies that I live in fear of my rights being taken? Interesting conection. :/

Still missing "red herrings". :/

Mungo's rules? Once again, no fear. :p
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 783
Posted: 2/23/2015 10:46:02 PM

You quoted me then went on to write about "them", lumping me in.

Yes... I did... Are you telling us that you aren't "anti-gun control"...? Because if that isn't what you are saying... then that makes you one of "them"...

It isn't based on my choice... It's based on yours...

Nowhere have I posted about being paranoid of anything I was lumped in with.

And I never said anything about... being paranoid... I talked about using the tactic of hysteria and fear...

Collections was used simply to illustrate how criminals would have firearms in reference to HFX's post, not exactly paranoia unless one reads it out of context.

Again... I never said anything about paranoia... I talked about false comparisons... with "collections"... "confiscations"... and "gun grabbers"... to stoke hysteria... even though no-one has been talking about that... except the "anti-gun control" crowd... trying to stoke hysteria...

You are quite correct about MOLON LABE.

Yes... I was... including the "confiscation" context of it... which no-one is talking about... except you and the other "anti-gun control" crowd...

Ummm... right there... just where I showed you... the "collection"... "confiscation"... and "gun grabber"... hysteria the "anti-gun control" crowd likes to stoke... which no-one but them is talking about...

Mungo's rules? Once again, no fear. :p

Did you ever have a pack of those 'aircraft identification' playing cards...? Similar concept...
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 784
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2015 11:40:12 PM
I mentioned nothing to incite "hysteria" nor used any tactics.
Your use of the word "fear" does relate to paranoia.

There is no "red herring" where I had mentioned confiscation. As I already stated, it is an example to illustrate a point... not a call to arms. :/
I'm not even concerned of that even being a reality anytime soon, as it's already been deemed unconstitutional.
Your going to have a hard time finding something from me "stoking" paranoia or fear, you are reading a lot into it if you do.

Just seems the subject material bothers you quite a bit.

Which seems to make me a "nut" in your mind. :/
Though we differ on opinions, I am not the one who resorted to name calling or becoming emotional.
I guess you can't see me in any other way.

We differ, I can live with that; it keeps life interesting. ;)
 calguy14
Msg: 785
Posted: 2/24/2015 4:54:43 AM
@Flyguy#809
So which diid you want more, my bet it was the MP 40.Only platoon or squad leaders got to carry that one. :)
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 786
Posted: 2/24/2015 4:55:03 AM

Your use of the word "fear" does relate to paranoia.

Nope... that's in your imagination... or lack of comprehension... I'm no longer sure at this point... as you don't seem to be able to distinguish between "having fear"... and "stoking fear"...

I mentioned nothing to incite "hysteria" nor used any tactics.

Sure... as long as you don't count... that bumper sticker nonsense about "molon labe"... Mr. Spartan... or the bit about "collection"...

Your going to have a hard time finding something from me "stoking" paranoia or fear

Well... not THAT hard a time... considering I've already done it twice... Apparently... the ability to count... is somewhat diminished in "resurrected Spartans"...

Which seems to make me a "nut" in your mind. :/

I never said that... but if you wish to "own" it... far be it from me to contradict you...

Though we differ on opinions, I am not the one who resorted to name calling or becoming emotional.

flyguy51
Msg: 787
Posted: 2/24/2015 5:18:04 AM

@Flyguy#809
So which diid you want more, my bet it was the MP 40.Only platoon or squad leaders got to carry that one. :)

Really hard to say-- they are both historically significant, both functionally similar, both look really cool in their own way... I am partial to .45 ACP over 9mm, though, especially after watching some YouTube videos of the two (and personally firing pistols chambered for each). BUT possessing a German submachine gun would be more unique and rare. I can say that the Thompson would be easier to acquire, I believe...
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 788
Posted: 2/24/2015 5:49:30 AM

Once stolen tracing becomes moot... that made no sense. :/

Great point, because linking the murder weapon and where it came from would in no way help an investigation.
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 789
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2015 5:59:27 AM
^^^^ and that registration that somehow would link a stolen firearm to what - the original registered owner??? .... would in no way have prevented that murder either.

You continue to fail to understand the concept of what criminals do, see, they dont obey these laws & restrictions that already exist, or the new ones you wish to impose.
 calguy14
Msg: 790
Posted: 2/24/2015 6:36:13 AM
@flyguy
Thompson would be much easier.Bring a big wallet for the other.

Fear mongering.....or informed vigilance?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 791
Posted: 2/24/2015 6:56:42 AM
@mungojoe
Seems you're advocating not only that we give up our firearms voluntarily, but we allow "our" (and that's a big laugh) government to confiscate?

Yeah, not happening here, my friend. I'll go down shooting. All easy for you to say; you live in Ontario. We have LEOs totally out of control here and a government that hasn't given a crap about this country for ... how long now? Been a long, long time. I'm not sure in my lifetime we've had a government that wasn't owned by the same people who are being paid with taxpayer dollars to be "public servants" (cops/senators, flippin' presidents).

Wake up.

I'm outta here. I don't do these threads.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 792
Posted: 2/24/2015 7:21:38 AM
CuriousInDB...your observations are completely correct.
The gungrabbers shouting the loudest for our rights and freedom to be stripped are...not...United States citizens.

These people who do not live here were told they can write to our legislators if they do not like our Second Amendment. Our leaders know they will be stepping on a "political third rail" if they even remotely dreamed of a ridiculous firearm registration and confiscation plan that (unwisely) is so darn attractive to gungrabbers.

Gun Control isn't about guns...it is about control.
One should fear any government that fears guns owned by decent and law-abiding members of the public.
The United States of America is pleased to report 318,935,192 peaceful firearms hurt absolutely nobody last night.
 flyguy51
Msg: 793
Posted: 2/24/2015 10:04:49 AM

@flyguy
Thompson would be much easier.Bring a big wallet for the other.

Yep, I figured. You know what would be an even better collector's item? An MP -38. I don't even know if there are any of those rarities in the US. I once saw an MG 42 at a gun show in the mid 90's. I never thought I would see one for sale in my lifetime. It was going for about 30 grand at the time, if I recall correctly...
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 794
Posted: 2/24/2015 1:34:52 PM

@mungojoe
Seems you're advocating not only that we give up our firearms voluntarily, but we allow "our" (and that's a big laugh) government to confiscate?

Nope... Never said any such thing... or anything even remotely close to it... that's all in your imagination... but please... feel free to quote any gun control measures I have cited... that one might reasonably believe was about confiscation... Heck... I would even settle for you citing some "bumper sticker slogan" I have posted... that implies "confiscation"... like maybe the "confiscation" equivalent of "molon labe"

But... It does seem that the "hysteria stoking" has had an impact on you... given that you find claims of intent where it has never been demonstrated...

An MP -38.

That would be rather cool... but I really am more partial to the Sterling SMG... it's got historical (ww2 origins and almost every conflict since)... it's got cool (looks of an overgrown zip gun and used as the model for blasters in Star Wars)... and it's got enough "staying power" to still be in use...
 flyguy51
Msg: 795
Posted: 2/24/2015 2:05:12 PM

That would be rather cool... but I really am more partial to the Sterling SMG... it's got historical (ww2 origins and almost every conflict since)... it's got cool (looks of an overgrown zip gun and used as the model for blasters in Star Wars)... and it's got enough "staying power" to still be in use...

As I was talking about WWII German arms, I thought for sure you were going to say the Sturmgewehr 44-- the first real assault rifle (some might posit the BAR for that title, but that was heavy and really more of a squad automatic.) Actually, the predecessor to the Sterling, the Sten, was the first submachine gun that I ever really admired in my youth. I credit the film "The Eagle Has Landed" for that. I thought the magazine going out to the side was just super cool. Then I came to learn that that sort of design negatively affects the balance of the weapon...
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 796
Posted: 2/24/2015 2:45:15 PM

As I was talking about WWII German arms, I thought for sure you were going to say the Sturmgewehr 44

I probably would have... if I had looked at it from a "WWII German" perspective... rather than "SMG"... but if we are talking about "WWII German"... then the P-38 has to enter the discussion as well... I know it isn't "automatic"... but you just can't talk "WWII German" small arms and leave it out... for any reason...

I thought the magazine going out to the side was just super cool. Then I came to learn that that sort of design negatively affects the balance of the weapon...

It isn't much of an issue with the Sterling... not much at all... when not slung...
 momsaysirock
Msg: 797
Posted: 2/24/2015 2:46:54 PM
seems like a lot of money for something not really useful..unles sit is to blow away those bad ol guvmint people when they come calling, a modern fuctional arm would be less.. seems like the women who love to have china, too good to ever use..lol
 _babblefish
Msg: 798
Posted: 2/24/2015 3:25:00 PM

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
Heartwarming story how one of the most gun-loving towns in gun-loving United States enjoys a tiny rate of violence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

bombs don't kill people, explosions kill people,

Eric, you have to do better than that bumper sticker slogan, I really don't care how many weapons each citizen
of the US has, just keep them from being smuggled up norf,
kthx
 calguy14
Msg: 799
Posted: 2/24/2015 6:31:59 PM
@ flyguy
My father in law took a Japanese Nambu Type 1 smg from a group of Japanese soldiers near Kismayu in Italian Somaliland in Feb 41.Said it felt heavy because of the long curved magazine, and that its rate of fire was impressive.
Http://world.guns.ru/smg/jap/nambu-model-1-machine-gun-e.html

I think Joe actually loves guns.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 800
Posted: 2/24/2015 6:39:48 PM
"I think Joe actually loves guns."
He wishes his own gun could match the Nambu's rate of fire, but that's what smoking does to a guy.(cough, cough )
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.