Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 826
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 34 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)

The idea that a charge can be brought, and convicted, solely on intent without focus on final disposition gives me pause to doubt the prosecutor as well as SCOTUS and their perceived interpretation of the law.

Oh... so you have issues with criminal conspiracy laws then... because they are based almost solely on intent... with no "final disposition" necessary...

You seem to be suggesting that it should be perfectly legal to get together to plan a crime... carry out all the preparatory work for the crime... acquire all the means to carry out the crime... until... the final culminating act... the planned crime itself... is actually carried out... So much for saving lives in murder-for-hire conspiracies... In your scheme you could plan the murder... meet the "hitman"... reach agreement... actually pay the "hitman" in advance... put the plan to set the target up for an easy "hit" in motion... and it would all still be perfectly legal...
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 827
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 2/26/2015 5:28:53 PM
Step 1: Make up scary Stories

Step 2: Use your job in media to push narrative.

Step 3: Profit.

Gun rights-advocating local Fox reporter has told different versions of ‘home invasion’
By Erik Wemple February 26 at 11:57 AM

In an instance of stunning journalistic transparency, WTTG-TV (Fox5) this week disclosed that chief investigative correspondent Emily Miller is a “proponent” for Second Amendment rights. An activist, in other words.

It’s a strange role for any investigative reporter, and its perils surface in a number of statements that Miller has made in recent years....

*She told CNN in 2012, “I was home during a home invasion and I had to spend the night in that house. If I had a gun by the bed I would feel so much safer.”

*She told a mixed story to C-SPAN in February 2013: “I was the victim of a home invasion. I was dog-sitting for friends at a house in Washington….And I came back and there was a man coming out of the house.”

*She told Lou Dobbs of the Fox Business Network in September 2013: “Yes, I walked in and found basically a thug, drug addict in my house stealing my wallet. It’s all he got away with. And thank God, you know, he did not hurt me. I unfortunately chased him down the street to get a picture, which I’ve learned from police is not a smart idea, I do not recommend — 15 of his buddies standing around two pickup trucks. That’s when I called the police and I got away.”

*She told Politico in September 2013: “I had never shot a gun before in my life, but I came home, and I was dog-sitting for a friend, and I walked in the house, and there was this thug, thief in the house, and like 15 of his buddies were outside on the driveway.”

*She said in a December 2013 speech: “When I walked back into the house with a dog, there was a man in there robbing it. And he robbed me, he took my wallet and by the grace of God, didn’t hurt me physically.” (In the Washington Times, Miller wrote that the thief didn’t take the wallet — just cash and credit cards.)

Inside, outside: What’s the difference? For the gun lobby to which Miller has hitched her career, it is large. Nothing animates lobbying pushes quite like the story of a criminal invading the home of a law-abiding citizen.

The stunning part of the story is that Miller has strayed from a set of facts that she laid out in black and white in the Washington Times years ago. Why would she squeeze the story for additional terror?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2015/02/26/gun-rights-advocating-local-fox-reporter-has-told-different-versions-of-home-invasion/
 etourdi65
Msg: 828
Posted: 2/27/2015 5:52:18 AM
No worse than liberals posting stats about gun violence and deaths without any information about whether or not the gun was legally owned, what type of gun, the specifics of the incident etc....

Unless you are advocating for no guns at all it doesn't make sense
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 829
Posted: 2/27/2015 5:55:02 AM
Jim Jefferies - gun control

Published on Sep 6, 2014

In this bit from a show he did in 2014, Jefferies brilliantly and hilariously points out the absurdity of America’s reaction to mass shootings as opposed to his native Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP3HJVp3n9c
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 830
Posted: 2/27/2015 2:59:52 PM

im Jefferies - gun control

Published on Sep 6, 2014

In this bit from a show he did in 2014, Jefferies brilliantly and hilariously points out the absurdity of America’s reaction to mass shootings as opposed to his native Australia.

Knock it off... That's the second drink of good Demerara you've cost me...
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 831
Posted: 2/27/2015 4:01:07 PM

HFX_RGB:
Jim Jefferies - gun control

Published on Sep 6, 2014

mungojoe:
Knock it off... That's the second drink of good Demerara you've cost me...

I think you can Tell a lot about someone by what they find Funny.........
To quote Jim Jefferies from his skit.......

"Lets give that Cvnt a Gun and See What happens".
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 832
Posted: 2/27/2015 4:24:09 PM

Stated by anti-gun misogynist Jim Jefferies:
"...Let's give that CVNT a gun and see what happens..."

Behind-Blue-Eyes_53...we both noticed that nasty slur and both winced when Jim Jefferies said it. Disgusting. I can say with 100% certainty that word has not been used by anyone in my circle of friends for decades since middle school.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 833
Posted: 2/27/2015 4:32:30 PM
That's funny...that word comes to mind every time I read one of your little pom pom cheerleader posts.

BTW. ..Alaska is on the terrorist watch list...Sarah must have failed at her job...again!
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 834
Posted: 2/27/2015 4:44:02 PM

bigbadnirish:
That's funny...that word comes to mind every time I read one of your little pom pom cheerleader posts.

That is quite Telling, that the Word Cvnt is in You Active Vocabulary...... There are lots of Words that come to mind reading the Forums, that is not one of them..... If I was around someone who used that Word Regularly, I would find somewhere else to be.........
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 835
Posted: 2/27/2015 5:17:33 PM
Feel free...take a hike...or better yet...how about you actually have an opinion? and voice it...
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 836
Posted: 2/27/2015 5:30:40 PM
President Barack Hussein Obama seeks to Executive Order his way to ban the .223 Remington / 5.56 mm cartridge. He is going to get such a brutal slapdown on this...it will practically give his grandchildren a headache.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 837
Posted: 2/27/2015 6:09:57 PM

To quote Jim Jefferies from his skit.......

"Lets give that Cvnt a Gun and See What happens".

TIL: Some people have no idea what a "skit" is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Now back to who got shot today:

We have 8 killed in an apparent murder-suicide in Missouri.
http://www.houstonherald.com/news/sheriff-nine-killed-in-tyrone-murders-shooter-is-dead/article_b59bf6b8-be73-11e4-9f6a-c79579d79c5b.html

A 3 year old boy accidentally shoots himself in Texas and dies.
http://abc13.com/news/3-year-old-boy-shot-in-the-head-cyfair-vfd-says/537322/

A guy was shot dead by mentally ill man in Kentucky while driving his car.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/845152/pakistani-shot-dead-by-mentally-ill-man-in-kentucky/

A mom in Texas mom pulls gun during playground girlfight.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/texas-mom-pulls-gun-daughter-rival-girlfight-article-1.2131269

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

President Barack Hussein Obama seeks to Executive Order his way to ban the .223 Remington / 5.56 mm cartridge. He is going to get such a brutal slapdown on this...it will practically give his grandchildren a headache.

Aww how cute, you do not know the difference between the ATF and the President.

You should also know that the .223 rounds are still ok, it is the5.56mm green tip bullets that are at issue.

Seriously, if you are going to be a gun nut, you should learn your stuff.
 gingerosity
Msg: 838
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2015 6:31:36 PM

Behind-Blue-Eyes_53...we both noticed that nasty slur and both winced when Jim Jefferies said it. Disgusting. I can say with 100% certainty that word has not been used by anyone in my circle of friends for decades since middle school.

C*nt is used much more widely in Australia, and isn't necessarily an insult. He obviously didn't realise it would offend particular sensibilities, or he'd have used it a lot more.

Besides it's the context in which the word is used which makes it offensive, as explained here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J29LHAoY_FU
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 839
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2015 6:37:30 PM
Lets check out who else got shot:

A homeowner in Claremont, N.C. became aware of a break-in attempt, retrieved a 12-gauge shotgun and called 911. A pair of criminals eventually made their way inside the home, but when they came upon the homeowner, the resident fired, striking and killing one of the home invaders and causing the other to flee.

Following the incident, Catawba County Sheriff Coy Reid told a local media outlet, “No one likes to take anybody’s life… But at this point, he thought his life was being threatened and protected himself and his wife, which he has a right to do.” The sheriff also made clear that the suspect who fled could face felony murder charges in the death of his accomplice. (The Hickory Record, Hickory, N.C. 02/25/15)

An intruder was shot upon entering an Ohio woman's residence. The suspect, 28-year-old Christopher Lee Willis, was breaking into homes in west Columbus, Ohio, when he shattered the window of the wrong woman. According to Sgt. Dave Sicilia, she was armed and fired multiple shots. Apparently, the woman's son bought her the gun a week before the incident to keep her safe now that she lives alone. The burglar was taken to the hospital with serious injuries, and pronounced dead around 7:00 a.m. (10tv.com, Columbus, Ohio, 2/19/15)

A robbery suspect was shot by a pharmacist in Kanawha County. According to local police, the incident occurred around 9:45 a.m. at the Good Pharmacy on North Pinch Road. A masked male was reported to have entered the pharmacy and aimed his firearm at the staff. The on-duty pharmacist pulled his concealed carry firearm and shot the assailant. The staff then performed lifesaving measures on him, before he was transported to Charleston Area Medical Center General Hospital. The man was taken into surgery, but was later pronounced dead. (WCHSTV.com, Pinch, West Virginia, 2/18/15)

Obama must be channeling a dead Kennedy, or him & Ted must have had a deathbed pact...... This is the 10th anniversary of the Ted Kennedy sole- sponsored infamous ammo ban that failed in the Republican majority Senate.

This amendment was ingeniously added by Sen. Kennedy 10 years ago. The NEW definition would have include ANY ammo that would pierce armor. That would have include just about ALL of your hunting ammo, since most hunting ammo can pierce body armor.

Check out the familiar names voting for this:

S.AMDT.1615 to S.397 To expand the definition of armor piercing ammunition and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Sen Kennedy, Edward M. [MA] (introduced 7/27/2005) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 7/29/2005 Senate amendment not agreed to. Status: Amendment SA 1615 not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 31 - 64. Record Vote Number: 217.

Democratic Party Voting YES

Daniel Akaka, Evan Bayh, Joseph Biden, Barbara Boxer, Maria Cantwell, Thomas Carper, Hillary Clinton, Jon Corzine, Mark Dayton, Christopher Dodd, Richard Durbin, Russell Feingold, Tom Harkin, Daniel Inouye, Edward Kennedy, John Kerry, Herb Kohl, Frank Lautenberg, Carl Levin, Joseph Lieberman, Barbara Mikulski, Patty Murray, Bill Nelson, Barack Obama, Jack Reed, Jay Rockefeller, Paul Sarbanes, Chuck Schumer, Debbie Stabenow, Ron Wyden Max Baucus, Jeff Bingaman, Robert Byrd, Kent Conrad, Byron Dorgan, Tim Johnson, Mary Landrieu, Patrick Leahy, Blanche Lincoln, Ben Nelson, Mark Pryor, Harry Reid, Kenneth Salazar Dianne Feinstein

Obama knows that 10 years later, the chances of this passing are even more remote than it was 10 years ago. There is no "Kennedy" in the Senate today that would be dumb enough to put this on the table, knowing full well it will never pass any vote.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 840
Posted: 2/28/2015 6:40:13 AM

C*nt is used much more widely in Australia, and isn't necessarily an insult. He obviously didn't realise it would offend particular sensibilities, or he'd have used it a lot more.

And in the UK. I meant to post that yesterday. It's important to be aware of cultural differences here.

The Brits have a real issue with "mother phu ... ". It's very funny. They find it shockingly offensive and often ask WTH is means, that it makes no sense.

Sort of like me with the phrase "Bob's your uncle." No one has been able to explain to to me.

I met a really cool woman from Tasmania yesterday. She lives here now. I'm excited. Are the majority of Aussies known for being brash? She is. I like her a lot.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 841
Posted: 2/28/2015 7:50:39 AM
Gun Nuts Losing Their Goddamned Minds Over Proposed Bullet Ban
2/27/2015

It all starts with bureaucracy, of course. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, which has "Firearms" right there in its name, regulates ammunition based on laws passed by Congress.

One of those laws, the Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act of 1986, which passed 400-21 in the House and 97-1 in the Senate and was signed by God Reagan, says that any ammunition that "may be used in a handgun," is made of certain materials, like steel, and can pierce body armor can be banned.

That's in the actual law. In fact, if the ATF didn't seek to ban those kinds of bullets, it would be violating the law. Pretty simple, no? Pretty cut and dried, no? If Congress doesn't like it, it can change the law.

So now there's this ammo, 5.56mm constituent projectiles of SS109 and M855 cartridges, which had been exempt from the law because they weren't used in handguns.

This was the "sporting purposes" exception to the law. But now there are handguns that can fire these steel-tipped, armor-piercing bullets. The ATF is proposing banning the manufacture, sale and import of them.

You can keep all the ones you have or will buy in your hording frenzy. But after that, the law says, the safety of police officers comes before your desire to hunt deer wearing bulletproof vests.

Of course, the gun-fellating right has lost its mind over this proposal because the ATF is part of the executive branch and that means the Negro communist Muslim president who hates America must want to kill all the white people and take their guns in order to burn the Constitution and install a Sharia law caliphate in the country. Or something like that.

http://rudepundit.blogspot.co.at/2015/02/gun-nuts-losing-their-goddamned-minds.html
 flyguy51
Msg: 842
Posted: 2/28/2015 9:09:17 AM

I don't think it is "the C word" that is the touchy part of this bit-- it's pretty much everything else, particularly the stated dislike for "bullsh!t arguments and lies." As he said, the most solid argument thus far is "Fvck off! I like guns..."
 momsaysirock
Msg: 843
Posted: 2/28/2015 9:53:06 AM
DB..yet Brits freely use the C**t word, among friends, hello, ya old C**t, how are you?

the "C"word is of course deeply offensive to most in N. America
 calguy14
Msg: 844
Posted: 2/28/2015 10:12:47 AM
@HFX #870
That appears to be exactly what is happening to the white settlers in South Africa.IIRC,ever increasing laws that prevent the whites from defending their rural properties while lawless thugs roam the countryside and the police look the other way.Can you see a long range plan?
 tgif111
Msg: 845
Posted: 3/2/2015 5:42:40 AM

Aww how cute, you do not know the difference between the ATF and the President

does that apply to Lois Lerner and the IRS, the NSA or the Attorney General's Office???????

the Golfer pulls the strings and his puppets move and dance, pally.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 846
Posted: 3/2/2015 6:06:09 AM

Posted by HFX_RGB (a.k.a. FrankNStein902, FrankNFurter, and Aristotle_Amadopolis):
"...ATF is part of the executive branch and that means the Negro communist Muslim president who hates America must want to kill all the white people and take their guns in order to burn the Constitution and install a Sharia law caliphate in the country..."

How funny HFX_RGB has post# 870...homage to the classic, venerable, and dependable Remington 870 shotgun.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 847
Posted: 3/2/2015 6:39:32 AM

How funny HFX_RGB has post# 870...homage to the classic, venerable, and dependable Remington 870 shotgun

Not as funny as you attempting to take someone words and post them as mine.

That along with your child like insults shows you are nothing more than a troll.
 tgif111
Msg: 848
Posted: 3/2/2015 6:51:24 AM
Rob Franenfurter's post above:

That along with your child like insults shows you are nothing more than a troll

Rob's post from the Dope thread about me and being short:

It also stunts your growth

payback's a MF!! ha ha ha
 StarClassic
Msg: 849
Posted: 3/2/2015 6:52:55 AM

Posted by HFX_RGB (a.k.a. FrankNStein902, FrankNFurter, and Aristotle_Amadopolis):
"...ATF is part of the executive branch and that means the Negro communist Muslim president who hates America must want to kill all the white people and take their guns in order to burn the Constitution and install a Sharia law caliphate in the country..."

How funny HFX_RGB has post# 870...homage to the classic, venerable, and dependable Remington 870 shotgun.

And you had post #5 whereas one of the flaming anti's had my all time favorite, post #11. I happen to own nine Remington Mod 11's. One of which is an unfired, except for fact test fire, 11F Premier.
 StarClassic
Msg: 850
Posted: 3/2/2015 7:04:51 AM

Rob's post from the Dope thread about me and being short:

It also stunts your growth

Beer and coffee with do it also. Look what it did to me.
Since we don't have green italics for sarcasm font, I hope you saw the sarcasm dripping off that.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.