Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 76
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 4 of 58    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
HondoGal...excellent, rational, and informative follow-up post. Good stuff.
My younger sibling had one of the very compelling Paxton Quigley books and it was excellent.
As an older brother it makes me happy to see them confident, prepared, and strong.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 1/21/2015 12:28:34 AM
@hfx:

I am having troubling finding the part where it states that there is virtually no gun crime.

Apparently you didn't read the whole article, to wit:

As for gun-related crime in general, a 2001 BBC article reported that in Switzerland "the gun crime rate is so low that statistics are not even kept."
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/21/2015 4:16:09 AM

The article I quoted pertains to an armed woman fending off an armed attacker.

Unfortunately, some of the usual lame, vile, uninformed suspects have invaded this thread; as they do any and all threads having to do with individual rights.

Yes Madeline you did start a thread about a woman who fended off a robbery...and then derailed your own thread by going off topic in post # 12

Take the recent attack in France. Had someone in the Charlie Hebdo office been armed perhaps the Islamists would not have been able to murder 12 of them and injure many others. Even the first police officer on the scene may have been unarmed and we saw what happened to him.

In Canada another Islamist murdered a guard holding an unloaded rifle in the Parliament Complex. As soon as the culprit entered his intended destination he was killed; shot by an armed Sergeant at Arms. Fortunately he, unlike the poor guard, did not attend the School of Mayberry Defense Training.

But like the troll you are you have the audacity to condemn others who commented on your sidetracking the thread
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/21/2015 5:12:13 AM

Apparently you didn't read the whole article, to wit:

As for gun-related crime in general, a 2001 BBC article reported that in Switzerland "the gun crime rate is so low that statistics are not even kept."

Did you think that maybe it was because of:

Despite these regulations, Switzerland has the second highest handgun ownership and handgun murder rate in the industrialized world

Percent of households with a handgun, 1991
United States 29%
Switzerland 14%

Handgun Murder Rate per 100,000
United States 5.28
Switzerland 1.42

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-switzerland.htm
 Walts
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/21/2015 5:48:33 AM

Would that careless owner had the gun in her purse loaded with the safety off if she lived in Canada?

Well, according to some yanks that I interact with up north while fishing, they are allowed to carry in Canada too. Supposedly they cross the border illegally with them so they can "protect" themselves from the big bad grizzlies. Only grizzly attack on the river I have fished was an Alaskan that got half his face ripped off. We still can't figure out how in the hell it happened, other than he wasn't very bright doing what he was doing on the river, when he was.

Seeing some of the "stuff" these guys carry I will give you one thing. The people down south sure do like your toys. BIG PHUCKING TOYS!!!!!

Tonight,

I'm ordering Dominos.
 StarClassic
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/21/2015 7:37:42 AM
"Also anybody with reasonable reading comprehension is going to call bullsh*t on you waiting 11hrs, but that is beside the point. "

Call BS all you want. If the FBI NICS call center agent determines a delay is necessary, for whatever reason, the call will end and the transferring license holder will, in most cases, receive a return call to either "proceed" or "denied".
Should the transferring FFL holder not receive a return call it is up to their discretion whether or not to transfer after the three business day default period.

edit:

Wasn't trying to pass you by B.B.E.
That was something I was not aware of. I was under the impression Canada had always been under French rule.
 _babblefish
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/21/2015 8:42:12 AM

Awe, I think it's cute how some people like to portray "the south". I'm from "the south" and I definitely don't love guns.....I don't get any kind of high when I occasionally go target practicing. I wish I didn't live in a world surrounded by slimeball
Thugs that wouldn't think twice about putting a bullet in your head because they want what you have worked hard for.

awe isn't it cute how 'muricans think everyone talks like them, to a Canadian, anything below the 49th is "south" kinda how the compass works, as for putting a bullet in someone's head over 'things' would explain the higher volume of xtains down south justifying their actions, what a sad world you live in, oops, country
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/21/2015 8:50:48 AM
I find it odd, actually, probably the majority of Canadians find is odd that a person can't feel safe in or out of their home. I can go for a walk in the evening and feel safe. I can go to a shopping centre and feel safe. I can drive through town and feel safe. In the summer I leave my sliding glass door open and feel safe, mind you, I live on the 5th floor. I feel safe walking to the convenience store at night. Hell.....I feel safe. Yes, we have criminals too but they're usually killing each other. Other than the odd homeless person asking for spare change....nope, not a problem. I can't imagine living with the "sky is falling" mentality. I have a giggle with the "I have a gun and know how to use it" stuff.

And I'm thinking that many of you that pack and feel you could put a bullet in a slimeball would fall apart like a baby if ever confronted. Its a natural reaction to get shyt scared. But how often have you come upon this happening in your little world? Probably never and probably never will.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/21/2015 9:10:24 AM

Posted by Bluemoon24_7:
"But how often have you come upon this happening in your little world?
Probably never and probably never will."

People don't frequently crash their cars.
Yet people continue to buy vehicles with anti-lock brakes, cameras, crumple zones, and airbags...plus insurance.

People don't often drown in their own backyards.
Yet people continue to put fences around their swimming pools and use swimming pool alarms.

People don't often set their houses on fire.
Yet people continue to have smoke detectors, suitable fire extinguishers, and/or sprinklers in their homes.

Do all of those people similarly have a "sky is falling" attitude?
Perhaps they wish to exercise precautions they see appropriate for their prevailing situation.
 nocrapzone
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/21/2015 9:21:47 AM
why the need to put down or belittle the other person's beliefs?

if you don't wish to pack a rod, do not..or maybe avoid areas or countries where it is common

personally I don't always feel perfectly comfortable or safe with the "professionals"..I see cops packing machine guns in some places, often likely with little really training on their use

at one time the Iranian consulate in Ottawa was threatened and the RCMP embassy guard detail was issued Uzis on an 'emergency basis' in place of their usual pistols

2 of them shot themselves in the foot/leg , being unfamiliar with the weapons.. LOL

some "professionals" may be a little trigger happy..not to mention the places, countries where private security guards pack pistols, cut down shotguns, and/or automatic weapons
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/21/2015 9:34:45 AM
Sorry, I have more faith in the police than I do with cautious or hondagal or Eric out there packing heat and muttering "make my day". How often have you come across a "prevailing situation"? Eric, I'm sure the odds are far higher of you getting hit by a car while out on your bicycle than it is you getting robbed/mugged/raped/shot.

And really, you're going to compare anti-lock breaks, fences around pools and smoke detectors to ordinary folks packing guns for protection? and I'm pretty sure your chances of getting into a fender bender or car accident is much higher than your chances of getting mugged/robbed/raped on the way to Walmart.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/21/2015 9:35:58 AM

"Tonight,
I'm ordering Dominos."
Now that's interesting. Hopefully it's just because you like their pizza better (although I don't see how) and not because PaPa Johns is standing up for their employee

Politicizing pizza now? PPJ’s has better pizza than Dominos because one of its delivery drivers used a gun?? Well I would argue that PPJ definitely wins the award for creepiest eyebrow waxing. SMH
 StarClassic
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/21/2015 10:22:31 AM
It's better to have it and never need it, than to need it and not have it.
Personally, I hope I never need it again.
 kj521
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/21/2015 10:37:20 AM
"Sorry, I have more faith in the police than I do with cautious or hondagal or Eric out there packing heat and muttering "make my day". How often have you come across a "prevailing situation"? Eric, I'm sure the odds are far higher of you getting hit by a car while out on your bicycle than it is you getting robbed/mugged/raped/shot.'

No worries....Bluemoon....:some of us that may be packing heat are more selfish than that.

For instance, I am only concerned about protecting myself and those I call mine.

Same thing goes for mouth to mouth and first aid...nope....not gonna do it.

I mean, seriously, I don't know where a stranger's mouth has been and what's in their bodily fluids!

But while they are being robbed/raped...I'll be sure to get a good description for the police. And I keep them company while they are bleeding out.

I'm thinking there should be more kind strangers like me in the World!

Btw.....some of us have been victims of armed robbery....attempted rape.....and well....just downright freakin' perverts! And the SOBs were lucky I had no other weapon at the time than a yappy Pomeranian. :)

It is sunny and 75 here in Orlando without a cloud in the crystal blue sky......hope y'alls day is just as beautiful!
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 90
Posted: 1/21/2015 10:54:06 AM
Yanno, I had everything stolen from my motorcycle saddlebags last fall....about $1,200.00 worth of stuff. I'm not packing a gun to prevent further thefts. And, about 15 years ago my motorcycle and my husband's were stolen from our condo parkade....his bike was 3 months old, mine was a year old. Nope, we didn't go out and buy a gun. We have insurance and we got brand new bikes. That's what I have insurance for. And I must admit, I've been fortunate to never have been threatened, robbed, raped, beat up or worse. But neither has the average person.

As to first aid and mouth to mouth - we differ there, I would assist and wouldn't much care what was in their blood or their mouth. I have rendered first aid and didn't care about the blood. Yes, I would assist my fellow man/woman in need. That's what an actual person would do while being kind to strangers..not sit idly by and get a description. So no, you're not really a kind person.
 nocrapzone
Msg: 91
Posted: 1/21/2015 10:56:08 AM

Sorry, I have more faith in the police

so then, you DO have faith in people like Officer Darren Wilson of the Ferguson, MO Police Dept.?
 kj521
Msg: 92
Posted: 1/21/2015 11:31:30 AM
Yanno......I could care less about material things....truly....life has taught me valuable lessons where that is concerned. So you will get no woe is me sympathy for theft....

But given the situations I have experienced and the character I possess...I could no more sit back and not render aid to a person in need than I could in defense of another regardless of the potential harm to myself. And I wholeheartedly believe in the proper and continued training that should be an integral component of gun ownership. :)

And it is good to see that you have an appreciation for the officers like Wilson. :)
 robaustralia
Msg: 93
Posted: 1/21/2015 12:11:43 PM

LoL, So good to see a woman fight back. We are often the target of home invaders, car-jackings, rapes, muggings…on and on. Because we are soft targets. Well, a firearm sure evens the playing field doesn’t it?

And more than half of the women killed by guns in the US are killed by their partners.Most likely some of those women owned a gun, didn't help them now did it?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 94
Posted: 1/21/2015 12:24:16 PM

Posted by Bluemoon24_7:
"...Yanno, I had everything stolen from my motorcycle saddlebags last fall....about $1,200.00 worth of stuff. I'm not packing a gun to prevent further thefts. And, about 15 years ago my motorcycle and my husband's were stolen from our condo parkade....his bike was 3 months old, mine was a year old. Nope, we didn't go out and buy a gun. We have insurance and we got brand new bikes. That's what I have insurance for. And I must admit, I've been fortunate to never have been threatened, robbed, raped, beat up or worse. But neither has the average person.

As to first aid and mouth to mouth - we differ there, I would assist and wouldn't much care what was in their blood or their mouth. I have rendered first aid and didn't care about the blood. Yes, I would assist my fellow man/woman in need. That's what an actual person would do while being kind to strangers..not sit idly by and get a description. So no, you're not really a kind person..."

This is excellent content you are sharing and now we can further help you. The sensation you are outlining above is known as projection by trained psychological experts. The reality is that the overwhelming majority of lawful gunowners would reach for a telephone in the very scenarios you have portrayed. It is telling that you immediately thought others would contemplate a firearm for that property theft event. Why would you think that? The whole imagined "Wild West" shootout thing popularized by the media never materialized.

As far as mouth-to-mouth and blood that one might encounter with strangers...one technique is to split the difference while retaining maximum safety. I have several disposable one-way valves that can be utilized with a victim who is no longer breathing. All of my vehicles also have a first-aid kit that I refresh annually with new materials and latex gloves in case of emergency. Better to have tools handy and not need than to need and not have. It is cheap insurance.

As far as how "kind" of a person KJ521 seems...if fortunate enough to perhaps meet KJ521 under warm Orlando skies one day for a cool mojito, a refreshing margarita, or whatever...she is likely a wonderful person, one imagines. I believe that this is the case for many, many Forum participants. Most are probably very nice in person.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 95
Posted: 1/21/2015 12:35:22 PM
Those types of situations are instantaneous and sometimes life saving to the victim.
About 6 months ago I had stopped at a conv. store to pick up a gallon of milk, it was about 10pm and I had just got back in the car when another vehicle shot into the parking lot and stopped directly behind my car, I could hear the girl who was driving say you're scaring me, I want you out of the car.
The passenger door opened and this guy starts to get out and all of a sudden leans back in and starts punching this girl in the face, I started out of the car and he's dragged her over the center console and is banging her head on the door sill and still punching her in the face. The car started rolling as she never put it in park and she's being dragged by the car as well, finally coming completely out. She's bleeding unbelievably from the face. I knocked the guy away from her and as he turned to confront me I did pull my handgun. He then ran to her car which had come to rest against the gas pump guard and took off hitting a car turning in and then struck another vehicle head on as he got on the main road and tben fled on foot.
She was transported by ambulance with multiple lacerations to the face, broken nose and possible concussion and neck injuries.
If he had decided to attack me would I have shot? I don't know. If he pulled a weapon and attacked? Yeah.
My concern was to get her away from him and I was able to accomplish that.
I don't know what her personal views are on gun ownership but I'm pretty sure she's glad someone got involved.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 96
Posted: 1/21/2015 12:39:41 PM

so then, you DO have faith in people like Officer Darren Wilson of the Ferguson, MO Police Dept.?

Yes I have faith in the police department because I'm smart enough to know that ALL police officers aren't like this. Apparently some aren't intelligent enough to realize this. I don't even know if he was a bad cop, maybe he just made a poor choice on that particular day. I don't know, you don't know. BUT, the vast majority do their jobs professionally. I'll take a well trained police officer to protect me and mine any day, as would you.

Yes, Eric, most of us are very nice in person.
 gtomustang
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/21/2015 12:56:19 PM
Gosh, smart enough to say, "wow, my job puts my life in jepardy, I better spend $500 to buy a gun", and apparently not enough to say, "wow, my job puts my life in jepardy. I respect myself too much, I'm gonna work elsewhere or go on welfare if I have to. My family doesn't need me dead, disabled, or in jail."

but, I suppose that's "blaming the victim". good to hear the weapon wasn't taken from her while she was on the ground, like what happens even to cops. Good to hear Papa John stands by its employees, but it might take a further "step behind them" to look at statistics in insurance and elsewhere, determine that some neighborhoods have a high robbery rate, and decide....let's not send our employees there alone. Or ask for payment over the phone with a credit card, so the drivers aren't carrying cash. Maybe there's a law against either in that particular jurisdiction.

The last time I had to call for a car tow, I was shocked when they pulled up and said they only took cash. Who wants to drive around with $200 (my bill alone) at night? I'd rather have a credit card machine (which, yes, takes investment) and the usual sign on the door, "driver does not carry cash".

one of the most ironic stories about the American gun debate was when, after 9/11, the Bush Administration wanted to see if the terrorists had a chance to go buy guns. which required being able to check any registration of gun ownership. Bush's AG at the time ran into roadblocks on that one.

we don't like terrorists. but if you want to buy an AKM, we'll defend your right to do it without the government being able to find out.
 gtomustang
Msg: 98
Posted: 1/21/2015 1:25:01 PM
As for the Founding Fathers' desires argument, don't forget, these 1%ers were invited to the capital of America's first government (in PA), to rewrite the Articles of Confederation b/c the decentralized government the AoC created couldn't raise enough tax money to create a navy to defend against pirates--they had to ask the former colonies, "pretty please?"

So, the Founding Fathers decided to throw out the Continential Congress, go into a backroom, lock the door, and create a new government. You never got a chance to pull out your musket and defend yourself from the creation of this new government to replace your old one, since you weren't even made aware it was happening. They did an end-run around your rebellious ass and handed you a different government while you were still figuring out where to plant your Gladstone flag.

The same men to create an Electoral College and later a Federal Reserve, likely weren't too thrilled about individuals rising up. But accepting the burden of creating a militia, rather than taking weapons out of the hands of individuals and making the new government take on the entire burden of running from port to port, defending from pirates and other threats or marching inland against the natives uprising? gosh, its like the first example of "government outsourcing", soon followed by the practice of licensing "privateers". Ye olde Blackwater/Xe, written into the amendments. whatta great scam on the states.
 tgif111
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/21/2015 2:19:03 PM
I wonder if any of the founding fathers and the armies that defeated the British under King George had any guns?

hmmm

better to have a gun and not need it than the other way around.

any of you liberal circle jerkers want to come to my house at 4am and take a sample of my ITALIAN COLLECTABLES
you're welcome to TRY.

bang bang

the double tap
 _babblefish
Msg: 100
Posted: 1/21/2015 3:50:53 PM

As far as mouth-to-mouth and blood that one might encounter with strangers...one technique is to split the difference while retaining maximum safety. I have several disposable one-way valves that can be utilized with a victim who is no longer breathing. All of my vehicles also have a first-aid kit that I refresh annually with new materials and latex gloves in case of emergency. Better to have tools handy and not need than to need and not have. It is cheap insurance.

most people aren't walking ambulances when a real emergency happens, there's no time and circumstances aren't
always ideal, for me it was a remote location, nothing but a bathing suit on my body and a man laying spread
eagle in the middle of a quiet road with his hysterical wife screaming.. i did what i had to do, it never even crossed
my mind whether this was safe for me, you either react quickly to save someones life or you don't . .

latex gloves . . ffs
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.