Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1051
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 43 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)

Posted by flyguy51:
"I can't help but notice that both you gentlemen were quite content to let slide the claim that Glocks and many revolvers have no safeties."

Those two typically do not have a safety in the "traditional" sense of the word. Glock has the NY trigger while revolvers typically have transfer bar mechanisms / rebound slides / hammer blocks / hammer stops as passive safety. One will also often see SIG Sauer sidearms without a "traditional" external safety. Each manufacturer approaches it differently. Was there a particular brand you were most interested in discussing plus advantages / disadvantages of each?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1052
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 3/16/2015 10:47:16 PM

In contrast, your "clip/magazine" obsession is not a fundamental misrepresentation but merely a disagreement over inconsequential semantics.

The technical semantics of it... in terms of gun control debate... certainly is inconsequential...

They use it only as a crutch... to help themselves feel superior... and justify disregarding all debate...

The first person who ever told me that pistols were loaded via "clips" was a firearms owner himself. For the record, I agree with your version of the terminology, but do try to keep the relative unimportance of these terms in perspective...

Well... while it is true that there is a technical difference... their attempts to use this... in the way they do... is anything but unimportant...

In all their pedantic affectation with jargon... they completely overlook HOW... and WHY... it came to be such a common part of colloquial American... The "Greatest Generation" connection... and here is where perspective becomes especially important...

They like to spin their "hollywood mythology" web... from guns that never need to reload... to "clips"... except... "clips"... in the sense of "magazine"... didn't come into colloquial American from Hollwood...

It came from... "The Big One"... W... W... Two... and... the "Greatest Generation"...

You see... Our "American Boys"... well... their ubiquitous M-1 Garand... didn't have a detachable magazine... it had a fixed, internal magazine... and it was clip-fed... with a "box"... or... "en bloc"... clip...

It all went into the rifle... cartridges... clip... the whole flippin' "shooting match"... And when the last bullet was fired... and the last casing ejected... the clip popped out... and a new clip was inserted...

Hence came phrases such as... "A full clip"... or... "half a clip"... at ammo checks... As well as... "I just emptied my last clip, anyone got a full one?"...

And... after the war's end... and detachable box magazines became more common... on civilian weapons... the phrases... and references... to "clips"... carried on...

These are terms brought to the American colloquial lexicon... by the "Greatest Generation of Americans"... the veterans of the second world war... and these unpatriotic scum... want to ridicule THEIR colloquialisms... and those same veterans by extension... in a feeble attempt to feel superior... for once in their sad little lives...
 robaustralia
Msg: 1053
Posted: 3/17/2015 1:39:41 AM
So which is more effective at taking out innocent schoolchildren , a Clip or a Magazine?

Gee in the Wild West now you can purchase a specifically designed handgun that accepts 0.223 bullets, green tipped and everything , so when you go full nutter and decide to go down to your local Primary School and blow away as many innocent Schoolchildren as you possibly can you are now armed to the Max for maximum effect of course.

Keep up the good work!
 flyguy51
Msg: 1054
Posted: 3/17/2015 9:01:55 AM
Mungo, thanks for the excellent history lesson on the legendary M1 Garand. You managed to tie together firearms, history, and language/jargon in a fascinating way. I have fired an M1 and could see right away why it was such a pivotal weapon, and, according to General Patton, "the greatest battle implement ever devised."

Sadly, anyone who comes to the foolish conclusion that you confuse a single shot pistol with a cut down Thompson submachine gun will refuse to listen to anything you have to contribute. It is no wonder, then, that these same people who outright refuse to learn anything from those who dare to disagree with them come off as so uninformed and closed-minded.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1055
Posted: 3/21/2015 5:52:47 AM
CrimAdvisor - Plan Your Perfect Getaway
BradyCampaign

Published on Mar 12, 2015

CrimAdvisor.com is a criminal's best shot at a getting a gun... no matter who you are or what you've done. Check out this video to see the states most friendly to criminals because of their loose gun laws that make it easy for criminals to buy, carry, or even traffic guns. Visit www.CrimAdvisor.com.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-OZOqxG39g
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 1056
Posted: 3/21/2015 3:49:55 PM

flyguy51:
Mungo, thanks for the excellent history lesson on the legendary M1 Garand. You managed to tie together firearms, history, and language/jargon in a fascinating way. I have fired an M1 and could see right away why it was such a pivotal weapon, and, according to General Patton, "the greatest battle implement ever devised."

IDK if I buy that. The Military is big on using the proper Nomenclature & every Veteran I've known, knew the difference between a Enbloc Clip for a M1 Garand, a Box Magazine for a BAR, & a Belt of M2 Ball for a 1919 BMG..... Even though they all used the Same M2 Ball .30/06 Cartridge........
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1057
Posted: 3/21/2015 4:50:50 PM

The Military is big on using the proper Nomenclature...

Should I just assume now... that you have never served in the military... any military...?

If you had served... and not "washed out" of basic or advanced... then certainly you know... that almost everything in the military is subject to the modifications of... "soldiers' lingo"... a vernacular of nicknames and verbal short-cuts... used in commonplace, day-to-day language... and that "proper Nomenclature" is usually reserved for formal necessity... like training, paperwork, the parade field and inspections... and trying to be funny...

& every Veteran I've known, knew the difference between a Enbloc Clip for a M1 Garand, a Box Magazine for a BAR, & a Belt of M2 Ball for a 1919 BMG..... Even though they all used the Same M2 Ball .30/06 Cartridge........

I'm certain they did... the differences are visually dramatic... I'll bet even a 5 yr old... could tell you they are different... without ever knowing what they were for...

Now... please tell us what that has to do with... the peculiarities of soldiers' vernacular language... and... you know what I've noticed... about every soldier I worked with... and every veteran I've talked with since...? That they use soldiers' vernacular... more often than they use "proper Nomenclature"

IDK if I buy that.

I absolutely know... that I am not surprised by THAT...
 kj521
Msg: 1058
Posted: 3/21/2015 5:23:22 PM
Oooh Frank.....I watched your video.

Does this mean I shouldn't plan our wedding in Vegas? ;-)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1059
Posted: 3/21/2015 6:49:08 PM

Posted by KJ521:
"Does this mean I shouldn't plan our wedding in Vegas? ;-)"

This man "Frank" to whom you have occasionally proposed marriage seemingly has a hurdle to clear in life.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.
It is undetermined if he knows the difference between a magazine and a clip also...so we can only hope.
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 1060
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2015 8:10:34 PM
^^^ or a Thompson Center Contender, vs. a Tommy gun...

....or the best one yet: those yukky green tipped .223 bullets that are 100% "cop killer", vs all those other .223 bullets that are NOT at all "cop killer" bullets...LMAO
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1061
Posted: 3/21/2015 10:46:39 PM

Posted by Skoochie:
"Because bullets designed to kill people are hilarious. Or are you hunting deer with bullet proof vests on? Lol!!"

It is comical when people who know nothing about firearms attempt to post about the topic of firearms.
If a deranged criminal maniac seeks mayhem...he or she could pick far deadlier tools than firearms. A kook could just drive around hitting throngs of unsuspecting pedestrians with his/her vehicle. Far, far, far more lethal than a gun.
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 1062
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2015 10:53:58 PM

Because bullets designed to kill people are hilarious. Or are you hunting deer with bullet proof vests on? Lol!!

LOL!! No deer vests. Because even a stupid deer knows that ANY rifle ammo will go through a vest, AND ANY rifle ammo will kill people..........vest, no vest, green-tipped, pink-tipped, no-tipped. Ban nut huggers havent got that memo yet.

There is an exception though: If that rifle ammo is fired from a TOMMY GUN...... Then it will NOT kill people, or go through a vest. Thats because rifle ammo wont fire in a TOMMY GUN.... & it won't fit in a Tommy Gun's "CLIP" (LOL) either.....so rifle ammo cant be fired from a TOMMY GUN. Ban nut huggers havent got that memo yet.

OK...Let"s review: Stupid deer know a vest doesnt stop rifle ammo. Stupid deer even know the difference between a .223 Thompson Contender vs. a .45 TOMMY GUN. Ban nut huggers havent got that memo yet.

HFX_RGB
Msg: 1063
Posted: 3/22/2015 6:36:32 AM

It is comical when people who know nothing about firearms attempt to post about the topic of firearms.

It is sad when people attempt to show people how dangerous guns are and how applying some common sense rules would help to reduce the unnecessary deaths get nothing but 2nd amendment derp from the gun nuts.

If a deranged criminal maniac seeks mayhem...he or she could pick far deadlier tools than firearms.

Yep that is what they do and thinking that is does not happen or fighting against putting rules and regulations in place to reduce the chances of it happening only shows you are a complete nutter.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1064
Posted: 3/22/2015 11:06:58 AM

Posted by Skoochie:
"Comparing a car to a gun is fun. Kind of misses the point that a vehicle is rarely used, if ever, as a weapon.
I think we have Timothy McVeigh as the only example of a guy using a vehicle as a weapon in America."

Suge Knight. Ever hear of him? He is rather famous. Why didn't you notice that crime?
He was caught on video murdering a man with his vehicle and also attempting to murder another man.
 StarClassic
Msg: 1065
Posted: 3/22/2015 11:11:19 AM

Yep that is what they do and thinking that is does not happen or fighting against putting rules and regulations in place to reduce the chances of it happening only shows you are a complete nutter.

Now that you have proven your willingness to sacrifice liberty for safety. What other liberties are you willing to sacrifice in order to see an end result?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1066
Posted: 3/22/2015 12:48:17 PM

Now that you have proven your willingness to sacrifice liberty for safety. What other liberties are you willing to sacrifice in order to see an end result?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

Dude... Don't you know... that Franklin's quote... was about money...? about the necessity of raising taxes... even from the wealthiest and most influential... to carry forth public responsibilities and obligations...? Hint: They wanted to tax the Penn family... the Proprietors of the colony... along with the "peasant class"... and the Governor kept overruling the tax bills because of it...

Here is the link to the original...

http://franklinpapers.org/franklin/framedVolumes.jsp?vol=6&page=238a

Are you sure you wouldn't rather take a shot at... a Hitler quote...?
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 1067
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2015 12:53:44 PM

And... clearly... you want criminals to have access to "cop killer" bullets... because you like your little gun-nutter "hard-ons" more than the lives of police officers...

Dear Mr. Magoo:
ALL rifle ammo, including ALL .223 ammo (not just the "green-tip" variety)will kill a cop,, a deer, a bear, an elk, etc....... much like any other similar rifle ammo. There is no armor-piercing difference between them.

Funny how your idea of a "police-friendly concept"... doesn't extend to... helping keep "cop killer" bullets off the streets...

Dear Mr. Magoo:
ALL rifle ammo, including ALL .223 ammo (not just the "green-tip" variety)will kill a cop,, a deer, a bear, an elk, etc....... much like any other similar rifle ammo. There is no armor-piercing difference between them.

Cars aren't designed for killing stuff, and they sure as hell don't have special models specifically designed to kill people wearing bullet-proof vests...cops in particular.

^^^These above quotes continue to be brought to you from the collective group of ban nutters who dont know why they support a ban on green tipped .223 ammo. The only reason they support a ban is because they are certain that only green tipped .223 is armor piercing "cop killer", yet any other .223 ammo is not, which also happens to be the same group of ban nutters who support a ban only on green tipped .223 ammo because they pointed out that firing only this green-tipped .223 ammo will kill a cop, so it must be banned, yet firing any other .223 ammo ...or any other rifle ammo...... will not.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A law intended to protect Law Enforcement Officers... from "cop killer" bullets (bullets that can be fired by a handgun and penetrate an Officer's vest)...

Dear Mr. Magoo:

^^^These are the people who refuse to listen to anything anyone else has to contribute. They are the ones who outright refuse to learn anything from those who dare to disagree with them. They come off as uninformed and closed-minded when they continue to make statements such as this concerning green-tipped .223 ammo:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And yet... He wants criminals to have easy access to "cop killer" bullets...

Dear Mr. Magoo:

^^^Forget the rest of this group that doesnt know the difference between rifle ammo, armor-piercing ammo, let alone those who never knew the difference between a THOMPSON CENTER CONTENDER vs. a chopped-down TOMMY GUN(which doesnt fire rifle ammo), vs any other gun that fires rifle ammo....because according to them, these guns will only kill a cop when firing green-tipped .223 ammo, which is labeled as "cop killer" so...... Ban that green tipped ammo!!!!!

Their stupidity & racist hatred keeps them from looking at the facts. Their profound stupidity is only outshined by their immense ignorance of firearms, ammo, or anything related. they only know what they are told by those they want to believe, so they will never acknowledge that any rifle ammo will penetrate a vest, not just the "green-tipped" ones. But they continue to show epic fail ignorance & continue to blow these loads out of their mouths:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

And clearly... eric_summit believes that "cop killer" bullets... should be freely available.

Dear Mr. Magoo:

^^^And they are too stupid/ignorant/bullheaded/d!ckheaded to understand why the proposed ban was quickly rescinded.

Surprisingly, Stupid got fixed at the upper level. These upper-level d1ckhead ban leaders (who also didnt know the difference between the green-tip, vs. the other varieties when proposing the ban), were explained the facts at their 3rd grade comprehension level, & understood where they fvcked up.

Not so for the masses of d1ckhead ban nutter zombie goons who also know absolutely nothing about any aspect of the subject, let alone the issue, that swallowed the leader's load religiously. 3rd grade comprehension is far too advanced for their gullible brains. They will never get the message.

Just trying to fix stupid here. Cant fix stupid here. Aint gonna happen obviously
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1068
Posted: 3/22/2015 1:04:16 PM
After reading that redundant pile of dog poo I have to agree with you...those that obtained their blue dog high school education, wouldn't pass 3rd grade in most other states, and at this point stupid cannot be repaired
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1069
Posted: 3/22/2015 1:05:14 PM

Their stupidity & racist hatred keeps them from looking at the facts.

When you actually post... real facts... I'll consider them...

I'm not expecting that to happen anytime soon... You couldn't manage to do it as Neopoli... why would it be different now...? I'm expecting it to stay at the "stupid fvck" level... if conservative gun-nutters are anything... they are consistent...
 8inscrew
Msg: 1070
Posted: 3/22/2015 1:16:26 PM
Wow. Skoochie.... just wow.

T. McVeigh used a bomb, not a vehicle as his weapon of choice.

A good example of people using vehicles to mass murder Americans on American soil would be what took place on September 11th.
There are many examples of this, albeit on a smaller scale. OK city was the only one that came to your mind? Obtuse by definition.

From your myopic responses here, it's clear you just like to argue. If it requires you to take leave of common sense, reading comprehension, decency, civility ect... no problem. That isn't what people like you are after anyways.

Like the last time I responded directly to you and your words.... your response made it clear, for some reason, you are simply incapable of comprehension.
Be it by choice, or inability... either one elicits sympathy and erodes any credibility you may have once had.

When you take a simple idea and rearrange it to fit into your concept of how the world works, then argue against your definition of that simple thing....
that is you projecting your ignorance, intolerance, and even racist thought process. Forest for the trees type situ.

Take for instance: I say " the sky is blue". Most people hear and think.....
What do you hear? Does that phrase mean I' m a conservative white republican, hellbent on trashing minorities and enslaving the middle and lower classes in order to propagate and ingest copious amounts of habafropzipulop, which as everyone knows is required to board the mother ship when she returns?

Like a little boy whistles in the dark.... you are transparent.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1071
Posted: 3/22/2015 2:17:11 PM

Did you have a point you wanted to make about the topic or are you just that enamored by me. That was quite a long post to merely talk shit to me. I'm impressed. Lol!!

He sure does seem... to have a hard-on for you... but the sexual tension isn't nearly so bad... as when olwhatzhisname... starts wanting to... "dip" my "ponytail" in his "inkwell"...
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 1072
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2015 2:46:46 PM
Cotter's other profile sez:

When you actually post... real facts... I'll consider them...

There they are in post 1117. I tried to dumb it down as much as I could. Sorry, cant dumb it down anymore than I did.
Doesnt matter though. Your profiles predictably only respond with no facts of their own, only with juvenile sexual innuendo, you know...that 3rd grade level mentality. I cant explain RIFLE AMMO, ELECTRIC TRAINS or TOMMY GUNS any clearer. Your handful of profiles are the only ones here that collectively still dont understand any of it. Coincidence??? I think not!!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1073
Posted: 3/22/2015 2:55:06 PM
You are one fvcked up dude
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1074
Posted: 3/22/2015 3:07:59 PM

sexual innuendo, you know...that 3rd grade level mentality.

And what... exactly... is it that you are doing with 8 yr olds... that you keep running into... 3rd graders with a clear awareness of sexual innuendo...?

You are one fvcked up dude

No sh!t... Especially if he routinely encounters 8 yr olds... with enough sexual awareness... to even imagine what... ""dip" my "ponytail" in his "inkwell""... might mean... beyond the plain literal meaning...

All the ones I've ever known... would just look puzzled and ask... "What's an 'inkwell'?"... long before they ever snickered over any "sexual innuendo"...
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1075
Posted: 3/23/2015 6:23:15 AM
NRA-Theists Fired Up Over Fake Store Where Patrons Learn The Dangers Of Firearms
Posted by Mark NC on March 22, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Gun safety group States United to Prevent Gun Violence staged a creative event to educate people about the dangers of firearms in the home. They opened a storefront that appeared to be a retail gun shop in Manhattan. However, when customers inquired about the merchandise, they learned more than they were expecting.

The guns in the store were the same models that were used in some of the most notorious recent crimes involving guns. The salesman would begin his pitch describing a weapon in a typical fashion. But he would conclude his description by revealing the horrible truth about the types of weapons that were “for sale” in the store. For instance…

Salesman: Like I was showing your wife – the first gun I showed her was this revolver. It’s the easiest gun we have to use. It’s our most popular one. It’s a .22 caliber six inch revolver. It’s also a gun that a five year old found in his parents bedroom and went down and shot his nine month old baby brother with it.

The shock displayed by many of the patrons (video below) speaks to the powerful impact that this information has when people learn about the common tragedies that result from the proliferation of deadly weapons. While most Americans believe that having a gun in the home is effective protection, statistics show that it actually increases the likelihood of a homicide, suicide, or fatal accident. And massacres like Sandy Hook would not be possible without easy access to weapons designed for mass killing of people.

Predictably, the National Rifle Association was outraged at what they called “a tasteless PR stunt designed to further an anti-gun agenda.” Other gun advocacy groups charged that the store violated New York state laws for possession of handguns. There were even accusations that the store was an unlicensed firearms dealer. At Fox News they portrayed the campaign as an attempt to “sell gun control, guilt potential buyers.”...

Read more and see the telling video at:
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.