Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1151
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 47 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)

so what is your point? what are you advocating for? you post all this bs stuff about people getting shot but make no point..

That selling a gun to anyone who has enough money to buy one it both stupid and dangerous. As there should be rules and regulations regarding the production, distribution and sales of things that are built for the express purpose of killing people.

It is common sense 101, unless you are a total gun nut and or an idiot.

Liberals are always advocating for regulations while pretending they are all about personal freedom and choice..

That statement does not make any sence.

You love the Constitution when you can use it to argue your cause but you hate it when it gets in the way of your agenda..

It is almost like you are arguing against yourself, but you are too simple to see it.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1152
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 4/7/2015 1:23:36 PM
From the, "Are you afraid of your own derp" file:

NRA Convention Permits No Operational Firearms On Site
By LeftOfCenter
4/07/15 9:39am

...The NRA and the insatiable ammosexual, Wayne LaPierre, claim that the only thing that kills a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. If the answer to gun violence is more guns, then why not keep them all operational and ready? I'm sure this issue won't be addressed in Nashville.

...This convention of death merchants and the "patriots" who love them is largely used by right wing G.O.P. hopefuls to show their Second Amendment bona fides. The fact the operators of said show know the risks of unfettered gun possession, truly demonstrates the hypocrisy of gun manufacturers and sellers. The glorification of this industry is just a reminder of how Republican ammosexuals value profit over the pursuit of happiness and human life.

Read more about how gun nuts turn into little b*ctes at:

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/04/nra-convention-permits-no-operational
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 1153
Posted: 4/7/2015 1:55:08 PM

That really is rich... Why won't the NRA allow "law-abiding citizens"... engaging in their second amendment rights... to maintain these firearms in an operational status...?

Are they afraid the guns may "fire themselves"...? Or do they know what we know... that the last person to trust with a gun... is the gun-nutters who attend these things.. and belong to the NRA...
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 1154
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2015 2:58:36 PM

LMAO the derp is oozing out of your mid section & staining your tighty whities, trolls. I see you get your news from some dandy anti-gun propaganda sites. Nothing like being a gullible troll who swallows troll loads & spew-posts troll sh!t.

The NRA is OBEYING LOCAL LAWS. NRA is informing the law abiding members that attend this convention of these laws, so that they are not breaking any local/state gun laws.

But continue to wet yourself silly with these agendist cherry-picked blog stories that only tell the part of the story that gives you a tingley boner. We are painfully aware that doing this gives you a swelled pube & twists your nuts into hurts-so-good pretzels. All giggly, glassy-eyed, & licking your dry thin lips , showing just how stupid & gullible your multi-fake profiles really are concerning guns, gun laws, criminals, law-abiding citizens, clips, ammo, & those miracle "ELECTRIC" locomotives, to name a few.

Here is the real story, unmolested by stupid gullible troll pr!cks who cant read. This is for the rest of you all who have common sense, respect the law, & arent rabid troll pr!cks or racists:

Those with carry permits are in the clear inside the Music City Center. But the big nightly concerts are across the street at Bridgestone Arena.

“Bridgestone Arena prohibits the possession of firearms,” according to a disclaimer on the NRA website. “When carrying your firearm, remember to follow all federal, state and local laws.”

It’s not unusual for parts of the NRA convention to be off limits to guns. Last year in Indianapolis, Lucas Oil Stadium enforced its firearm ban. In 2010, the entire convention area in Charlotte restricted concealed carrying.

BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1155
Posted: 4/7/2015 5:15:54 PM
With all the open carry states it makes one wonder why the NRA chose Tennessee to hold their convention. Tennessee requires a permit to carry.

“Bridgestone Arena prohibits the possession of firearms,”

How dare they trample on second amendment rights!
 tgif111
Msg: 1156
Posted: 4/7/2015 5:27:17 PM
^^^^^^^yeah it's kind of like the Demo-Crapic Convention when they required identification to enter!

How dare they be hypocrites!!

BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1157
Posted: 4/7/2015 5:38:44 PM

yeah it's kind of like the Demo-Crapic Convention when they required identification to enter!

How dare they be hypocrites!!

Yep!!! It kept all the teapuppets from crashing the pasrty...just like the NRA will keep all the crazy gunnuts from killing each other.
 tgif111
Msg: 1158
Posted: 4/7/2015 5:50:14 PM
No man is born a loser Mr. Irish.

he just learns how to become one.

please don't ever teach.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1159
Posted: 4/7/2015 5:56:50 PM

please don't ever teach.

You are so right...It would be disappointing to know there are some people I could never teach to grow up
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1160
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2015 6:32:34 PM
Perhaps not completely on topic, but seeing as this thread keeps going and things kind of touch upon the following, I thought I'd drop in something I've said somewhere else, and might apply here as well -

Unfortunately, deciding things about firearm ownership can be as tricky as anything else...

It can be said that if people don't have firearms, then they'll still engage in physical violence via another weapon. Be it a club or knife. But I feel that we must understand that a feature of firearms is that they make the violence a little easier. It's something that you can use from a distance. So it's use can feel less personal to some people than a knife or club, which makes using the weapon seem a bit easier for some. I'm sure that a decent percentage of conflicts don't go as far as someone inflicting physical harm upon another if they have to use a knife or club; But if they had a gun, then someone wouldn't have to stretch their will power as far in order to use the weapon. They might be quicker to do so.

And then you have the fact that this feature is the whole point when in the hands of the "good guys" (depending on who is the good-guy in any given situation, which is a whole different ball of wax). A firearm is "the equalizer" when the conflict in question involves the aggressor/"bad guy" (if the two are always the same) being more physically prominent than the other party.

And then we have the dilemma of making sure that the outlaws aren't the only ones with guns...we have to make sure that any given "good-guy" is able to respond to any given "bad-guy" using a gun. So, give everyone guns, or don't let anyone have them, or somehow make sure that the bad-guys don't have them? But how in the heck do we do that? How do we always know who's a bad guy? What about when someone isn't the bad guy but we want to believe that he's the bad guy? And how do we decide that they're the bad guys ahead of time? Well, these questions show just how difficult it can be.

Next, I'd have to say that any discussion over the right to bear arms should also be conducted carefully. Unless I misunderstand, the whole point of that is so that the citizens aren't helpless against any abuse of power from any level of government or agency, etc. It's formally allowing for armed capability which is completely independent of the government. This at least suggests that ownership should be free from any government involvement, because that would present a conflict of interest or a defeating of the point. On this note...I've heard that this idea is obsolete these days, because there is so much more going on such that any abuse of power, and what it'd take to defend against this, is far beyond the simplicity of firearms being used in the abuse and the defense against that abuse. I'd say that this might be wrong. Because if some power-abuse is taking place, something which the hypothetical citizen might do is be off-the-grid in particular respects such that the technological avenues through which the abuse may take place won't be available...and so it'd still distill down to more close-quarters conflict.

And, god forbid, if criminals or jihadist suicide mass murderers become rampant within any nation's borders...do we really want to be as sheep to the slaughter and stretch police forces beyond their limits because we're depending mostly upon them?

Well, with all of that said, a person still comes down on one side or the other of these various fences. Myself, this is how I feel about at least what the OP article is about; No matter what else, precisely because a gun provides what it does versus a knife or club, ownership should always absolutely require training and even what I might call responsibility-education...but I even feel that this should include some kind of short-hand orientation on violence-philosophy and conflict-resolution/avoidance. I know that may sound ridiculous, but that's my view. But then, I definitely still have my reservations concerning all of my other aforementioned points.

I even feel, btw, that more should be required to obtain a driver's license, similar to part of what I'd require for firearm ownership...a motor-vehicle is potentially a deadly weapon, and the nuances of it's operation on the roadway which make the real difference aren't really covered much in driver's tests.

Then we have the idea of concealment. Is the point here that we don't want someone who might use a gun for ill to hide his possession of it? And if being able to conceal it, is it to decrease the chances of someone else gaining possession of it, and/or so that it's visibility in public doesn't have certain effects or provoke certain responses? As a slight aside, I'll say this: I have little respect for someone who'd use a gun's visible presence to intimidate or affect interactions with another...though whenever this person is the "good guy" I might say differently. But I figure that the better-men of ye old west didn't go around waving their gun or making it's visible presence in the holster known; They tried to conduct their dealings with others without the threat of a gun if possible.

Saying all of that brings me to what I think is even more underlying: Understanding peace and philosophies of non-violence. But this requires really understanding non-violence pursuits; why they're really important; the real practical points; and how it all really works. It's absolutely worthless if you don't know the real reason for trying for non-violence; It's absolutely worthless if you think that physical violence is the only form of violence; It's absolutely worthless if you believe that it's only about choosing to "not fight"; And it's absolutely worthless if you try to only-use-words if you are not trying to be intelligent, honest, productive, fair, and non-pretentiously respectful in how you employ your words and non-violence approaches...

...things like war and violence are all about one party forcing their will (or falsehoods which have consequence) upon another against that other's will, and this is why it's an oxymoron to try and make a fight be fair. No conflict of this sort will ever be fair, and has never been. If true conflict takes place, there are no rules. If a fight could be truly fair, then there wouldn't be a fight in the first place. And when you're genuinely being fair, avoiding violence, then you're being intelligent, honest, productive, fair, and non-pretentiously respectful in your dealings and interactions with others...including conversations, negotiations, and who knows what else. I have no respect for anyone who doesn't understand this about violence; takes advantage of the fact that they know that someone either won't resort to violence or aren't able to and therefore exploit this fact as far as they can; and don't do everything that they can to avoid it. And, as a final observation, even these forums demonstrate very well non-physical violence; the kind of people who cause it and how; and a complete bankruptcy of understanding of how to be intelligent, honest, productive, fair, and non-pretentiously respectful.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1161
Posted: 4/7/2015 6:54:11 PM
drinkthesunwithmyface...that was a very reasonable, rational, and self-exploring post above. Bravo!
Firearms ownership is a very personal decision and people have consider their own situations carefully. Great post.

EDIT TO ADD:
Self-exploring in the sense you were examining thought processes, behaviors, and ideas.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1162
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2015 7:07:34 PM
Thank you.

"Self exploring"?

^ Oh ok. Heh, don't you love the post edit arrows thingys. Gonna git whiplash.

another post edit - Oops. In my above post, I refer to the op of the other place where I originally posted this. Ignore that. Heh.
 HondoGal
Msg: 1163
Posted: 4/8/2015 3:07:36 AM

HondoGal...congratulations on your excellent thread reaching 1200 responses, too!~Eric Summit, msg 1200

Thank you, Eric; I enjoy reading your comments and those of the other conservatives.

Teen grandson saves grandparents, kills intruder 

A 14-year-old boy, Anthony Hernandez, protected his grandparents by shooting and killing a burglar who was breaking into the family’s Charlotte, N.C., home by climbing through a window.~ohwhatzhisname

What a shame for this boy to have experienced this traumatic incident. But, again it is a good thing that he had the courage, and the knowledge to handle a firearm, to prevent the thug from harming his family.

BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1164
Posted: 4/8/2015 4:19:11 AM

(CNN)A South Carolina officer has been charged with murder after a video surfaced that appears to show him shooting an unarmed man who was running away.

Michael Slager, an officer with the North Charleston Police Department, was arrested Tuesday, according to a statement from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, or SLED. If found guilty of murder, he could face up to life in prison or death.

The shooting took place Saturday morning after a traffic stop, SLED said. Video obtained by The New York Times shows what happened.

A black man, identified as 50-year-old Walter Scott, breaks away from the white officer. Something falls, and the officer fires eight shots at the man as he runs away. Scott, who appears to be unarmed, drops to the ground.

"I can tell you that as the result of that video and the bad decision made by our officer, he will be charged with murder," North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey told reporters Tuesday. "When you're wrong, you're wrong. And if you make a bad decision -- don't care if you're behind the shield or just a citizen on the street -- you have to live by that decision."
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 1165
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2015 5:59:59 AM
West Virginia's DEMOCRATIC governor has signed another gun right into law that benefits pizza delivery gals.

Starting in June, pizza delivery gals, & people with valid CCW permits are now allowed to carry a firearm onto Capitol grounds. Past Democratic-sponsored restrictions banned any firearm on any part of the Capitol grounds. Bills were introduced over the past 10 years to overturn this ban, but there were enough anti-gun liberals in office to stop the effort.

With the recent flushing of liberal anti-gun Democrats from the WV House & Senate, the remaining common sense Democrats worked together with Republicans to right this wrong. It passed UNANIMOUSLY in the bi-partisan State Senate 33-0, & passed UNANIMOUSLY in the bi-partisan House 94-0.

The law allows a carrier to keep a loaded firearm in his/her car in when parked on Capitol grounds, thus enabling them to carry their legal firearm during their commute, rather than them having to leave it at home due to them entering restricted property as part of their daily trip.

Today, Governor Earl Ray Tomblin (D) signed into law House Bill 2128, which permits individuals with a concealed handgun license to legally store a firearm in their private vehicle on state Capitol grounds. HB 2128, introduced by state Delegate Gary Howell (R-56), passed unanimously in the House of Delegates on February 5, passed unanimously in the state Senate on March 11 and was concurred on in the House on March 12. This legislation takes effect on June 10th of this year.

tgif111
Msg: 1166
Posted: 4/8/2015 7:13:06 AM
it certainly looks like 50 year old Walter Scott had a confrontation with Officer Michael Slager and that the officer shot him in the back while he was running away from him.

once again I want to caution anyone who encounters the police to obey all commands immediately and not to try to fight with that officer.

do whatever the officer tells you and don't try to resist or disobey. you could end up dead like Mr. Scott.

I praise Mr. Scott's family for asking the black community to stay calm.

it does no good for black people to burn that biitch down, riot and loot as is their habit.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1167
Posted: 4/8/2015 7:18:34 AM

it does no good for black people to burn that biitch down, riot and loot as is their habit.

It does not good to pretend that you are not a racist loon, as it seems to be your habit.
 etourdi65
Msg: 1168
Posted: 4/8/2015 9:22:38 AM

The shooting took place Saturday morning after a traffic stop, SLED said. Video obtained by The New York Times shows what happened
No it doesn't, it only shows what happened after the suspect decided to flee...it also looks like they were scuffling over something that fell to the ground immediately preceding the shooting...
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1169
Posted: 4/8/2015 9:29:11 AM

No it doesn't, it only shows what happened after the suspect decided to flee...

Which was a coward cop shooting a man in the back.

it also looks like they were scuffling over something that fell to the ground immediately preceding the shooting...

Yep and that same coward cop after cuffing the man he just shot then proceeded to pick it up and place it next to the man who was laying there handcuffed and dying.
 tgif111
Msg: 1170
Posted: 4/8/2015 9:35:16 AM
MY PREDICTION:

there were witness(es) maybe more than just the cameraman.

at some point (either sooner or later) it will come out that Mr. Scott did not obey Officer Slager's commands.

I will even go out on a limb and say that there is a possibility that Mr. Scott resisted or made an aggressive move that was threatening to Officer Slager.

but in the end there can be NO DOUBT in anyone's mind that Slager committed MURDER and Mr. Scott's family will seek justice and monetary compensation.

I cannot see any defense to this so when found guilty, Slager should spend decades behind bars for his horrible actions and bad decision that resulted in Mr. Scott's death.
 etourdi65
Msg: 1171
Posted: 4/8/2015 10:03:23 AM

at some point (either sooner or later) it will come out that Mr. Scott did not obey Officer Slager's commands.
Of course he didn't he was stopped while driving, how did he get to where he ended up ?

Hard for the liberals to argue this one, as the guy was immediately arrested and charged with Murder, kind of takes away the injustice meme..
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1172
Posted: 4/8/2015 10:19:59 AM

Of course he didn't he was stopped while driving, how did he get to where he ended up ?

He made the mistake of driving while black and having a broken tail light.

Hard for the liberals to argue this one, as the guy was immediately arrested and charged with Murder, kind of takes away the injustice meme..

Actually he was only arrested and charged after the video came out.

Though the fact that there is a dead person, kind reinforces the meme, as the fact that cities who use cops to generate income will more than not will produce bad results.

For a recent example of how some cities and cops operate, watch this:

Kennewick Police Officer and Omar Confrontation
Omar Abarca
Published on Apr 7, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqTelihgPnM
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1173
Posted: 4/8/2015 12:10:54 PM

He made the mistake of driving while black and having a broken tail light.

It's still early yet and all the facts aren't known yet....but, I watched the video and read what the policeman radioed into dispatch, and if I were a juror on his trial and this was the only information known...then I'd have to vote guilty. Chryste, the guy war running away with empty hands and the policeman calmly shoots the guy something like 8 times.

My guess is that it took something like this, captured on video, to convince the teapuppets that not all police are lily white good Samaritans. Of course, I'm equally sure, that regardless of the outcome of the future trial, the teapuppets will feel the policeman was justified in shooting an unarmed man in the back who was running away with his hands clearly empty.
 tgif111
Msg: 1174
Posted: 4/8/2015 1:13:56 PM

My guess is that it took something like this, captured on video, to convince the teapuppets that not all police are lily white good Samaritans. Of course, I'm equally sure, that regardless of the outcome of the future trial, the teapuppets will feel the policeman was justified in shooting an unarmed man in the back who was running away with his hands clearly empty.

there won't be even ONE teapuppet who will think the officer was justified. NOT ONE.

however, I believe it WILL come out that Mr. Scott did something OTHER than obey Slager's commands.

I reiterate: obey the policeman's commands and live to fight him in court, not on the street.
 robaustralia
Msg: 1175
Posted: 4/8/2015 4:23:23 PM

GUN VIOLENCE ARCHIVE 2015 TOLL OF GUN VIOLENCE
Total Number of Incidents: 11,817
Number of Deaths1: 3,203
Number of Injuries1

In about a month another 955 people blown away by the 2nd amendment in the Wild West.

So any of you dumb fvck gun nutters think that might just be a cause of concern?

Did you know that gun deaths are rapidly overtaking road deaths in the Wild West, but you dumb cvnts don't want to do anything about it.

Gee if your precious Constitution said "I have the right to drive my car as fast as I like and as drunk as I like"

You dumb fvcks still wouldn't get it. Well I will give some of you some credit, it is only about 50% of you that are confirmed dumb fvcks. But even that statistic is a bit alarming.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.