Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 101
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 5 of 58    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

Awe, I think it's cute how some people like to portray "the south". I'm from "the south" and I definitely don't love guns.....I don't get any kind of high when I occasionally go target practicing

You speak as if "target practising" is a normal everyday thing. Which it is, of course for people down south. And yes, everything south of my country is called south. I live north of you. (check a map) Not in igloos but, north none the less.

What I'm pointing out is that the mentality that is created with this so called "right to bear arms" is bat shiat crazy. You don't see it, cause you are living it, and assume it's "normal". It isn't up here, which is why I commented on the yanks that I know who carry their arms across the border because of a fear of an animal. We laugh at em. Of course we laugh at em when they biatch about how cold it is too.

To live a life and act based on fear is not good. I don't care about the "rights" you think you have(by the way, they can be taken away just as fast you think they were given), it seems silly to me to blast someone in the head over pocket change and some food. But, hey, I don't live or visit there, so no skin off my bum.
 HondoGal
Msg: 102
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 1/21/2015 5:05:23 PM
Eric, given that I read your posts, and appreciate your contribution to these forums, once more I am made aware of blue moon’s nonsense. She states:
about 15 years ago my motorcycle and my husband's were stolen from our condo parkade....his bike was 3 months old, mine was a year old. Nope, we didn't go out and buy a gun. 

No one will believe that anyone as lacking in civility as blue was married to a cop and now that the cop did not own a firearm. I know that is b.s.

I'm ordering Dominos.~Walt

In order to demonstrate that you, as I stated previously, advocate “Do not fight back, be a victim instead”.
Or a coward, for it took guts for the PAPA JONES delivery woman to shoot an attacker.
Unfortunately Walt, you apparently lack courage.

putting a bullet in someone's head over 'things' …
what a sad world you live in, oops, country~babblefish

Not nearly as sad as the world you have created for yourself; this would be true in any space you wish (or would be permitted) to occupy.
Your posts and your profile demonstrate that you are a ‘have-not’ jealous of any who have valuable possessions and who have the valor to protect themselves and their property.

When you have nothing to lose, (like you ) you are nothing.
That hurts, doesn’t it, especially in your advanced years.

Rather than being grateful to the hands that feed you, your twisted thinking strikes out at those feeding you; demonstrative of your wish to take away from those who have more.

PPJ’s has better pizza than Dominos because one of its delivery drivers used a gun?? ~sunshine

This is incredibly stupid, even for you.
As usual you cannot grasp the meaning of what I and others have said here.

Well I would argue that PPJ definitely wins the award for creepiest eyebrow waxing.~sunshine

That statement means absolutely nothing. What is distasteful are 99% of your posts which usually add nothing of interest, or value, to the forums.

And more than half of the women killed by guns in the US are killed by their partners.Most likely some of those women owned a gun, didn't help them now did it?~
 robaustralia

No, it is not most likely that these women owned firearms.
Since you deem yourself expert, prove your assertions.
Otherwise why imply that, “It didn’t help them now did it”. It is merely supposition on your part; presumptuous and therefore invalid.

better to have a gun and not need it than the other way around.~tgif

Absolutely. Otherwise, it is only the criminals who will be armed and consequently have even more power over us than they do now. We need more states to pass, “Stand your ground” laws.

Walts
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/21/2015 5:24:11 PM

In order to demonstrate that you, as I stated previously, advocate “Do not fight back, be a victim instead”.
Or a coward, for it took guts for the PAPA JONES delivery woman to shoot an attacker.
Unfortunately Walt, you apparently lack courage.

Apparently.

And apparently the only way to solve a situation is to shoot, bomb, and/or kill. Correct? You know, so you aren't a "victim".

Looking back at history, and into the crystal ball ahead, how do you think you are making out????? Doesn't seem that you are doing to well, are you???? I suggest a rethink on your "solutions".

Sorry.

My bad.

I suggested

thinking.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 104
Posted: 1/21/2015 5:28:53 PM
You are a stupid, stupid woman. How's that Ebola epidemic going in your country? Like insaid, Madelaine or Hondagal, you are a stupid woman. Laughable.

In the first 10 years of my marriage my husband was a police officer. R.C.M.P. He kept his gun in lockup at the detachment (police station). He never brought his gun home as there was no need. He didn't pack a gun out of uniform, he had no need. Once he left the police force, he never had a gun as he had no need. He was not a hunter, he didn't like the idea of killing anything other than spending a day fishing. He had no need or want of a gun. This is how we live up here....without fear. Like Walt, when you live north of the boarder (not in igloos) we see no need to pack a gun. Yes, we have avid hunters and those that like target practice or go to shooting ranges...but pack, because we are shyt scared of our shadows, nope, we leave that to the southerners.

vvv. Actually Mr. Irish, she's just another yappy C U Next Tuesday that sees everything in black and white, not meaning to sound like I'm saying she's a racist, but if the lingerie fits..... Narrow minds, closed minds,,scared and stupid.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 105
Posted: 1/21/2015 5:29:06 PM

about 15 years ago my motorcycle and my husband's were stolen from our condo parkade....his bike was 3 months old, mine was a year old. Nope, we didn't go out and buy a gun.

No one will believe that anyone as lacking in civility as blue was married to a cop and now that the cop did not own a firearm. I know that is b.s.

Ha! civility??? Madeline you wouldn't recognize civility if it bit you in the lingerie clinging to the 68 yo body your old profile sported. I do recall you getting banned for life for posting blatantly racist commentary. Civility...Ha!

Speaking of civility....disparaging a widows decease husband is on the same plane as your racist comments that you were banned over.

You started this thread with the intention of making a political statement over gun control...you were the first one to troll the thread and you're in rare form in the continued trolling. So, just troll on snarking anyone with whom you disagree.
 robaustralia
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/21/2015 5:48:43 PM

better to have a gun and not need it than the other way round

Which translates to " I am willing to pay the price of the periodic shooting of school kids and innocent citizens so that I myself can own a gun and pretend I am Wyatt Earp or Rambo"
 HondoGal
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/21/2015 5:56:34 PM

Apparently.
And apparently the only way to solve a situation is to shoot, bomb, and/or kill. Correct? You know, so you aren't a "victim".
Looking back at history, and into the crystal ball ahead, how do you think you are making out????? Doesn't seem that you are doing to well, are you???? I suggest a rethink on your "solutions".

Sorry.

My bad.

I suggested

thinking.~walt

I posted a particular incident, one in which the victim reacted to an armed attacker that was on top of her.

How in the hell can you apply your rationale in that situation?

You are merely blabbing…and obviously an advocate for the new found mentality, “Don’t fight back”.

Well, that may go over well in your frozen tundra but thankfully, it is not true yet here in the U.S.A.

I applaud any one, who when faced with an attacker or intruder, fights back with all the might and power at their disposal.

HondoGal
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/21/2015 6:15:01 PM

better to have a gun and not need it than the other way round

Which translates to " I am willing to pay the price of the periodic shooting of school kids and innocent citizens so that I myself can own a gun and pretend I am Wyatt Earp or Rambo~ robaustralia~
"

That is your demented manner of rationalization.
It certainly is not mine, nor is it anyone else’s that believe firearms are necessary for self protection.

Yours is a statement so sick that it warrants and makes the case for noble, good citizens like myself and countless others to remain armed and vigilant against your sort.
For anyone who states something as twisted as you have has to be thinking perversely.

I want to be armed against the likes of you and others of your mentality.

Unfortunately, your twisted thought process does not permit for truth which is that evil persons (perhaps yourself) will always have access to firearms. This is the 21st century, not the stone age, anyone can have access to anything they want. Therefore wise persons realize that the best deterrent to deviants is a strong defense/offence, i.e. firearms.

Eric_Summit
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/21/2015 6:35:18 PM

Posted by RobAustralia:
"Which translates to 'I am willing to pay the price of the periodic shooting of school kids and innocent citizens so that I myself can own a gun and pretend I am Wyatt Earp or Rambo'..."

You are certainly free to write letters to our legislators asking them to process violent criminals more efficiently.
If you wish for the United States Constitution to be altered, that is something they will also be glad to read.
We have laws that specifically prohibit murdering people in this country.

That is thing about violent criminals...they tend to break LOTS of laws.
How is confiscating a clay pigeon gun owned by a law-abiding and good person going to reduce criminality?
Focus instead on what criminals do. The man or woman who secured CCW credentials? They are your LAST concern.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 110
Posted: 1/21/2015 6:50:10 PM
See Honda, that's why you're stupid, and just plain batshyt crazy. Many, and I mean many, don't think they need to pack a gun for self protection. You're not a good citizen, you're a scared citizen. You want to arm yourself against that poster from Australian...just because he thinks differently than you....see, that's crazy, not self protection. And the more you ramble, the crazier you sound. But you are right about one thing "...anyone can have access to anything they want." Meaning...batshyt crazy people like you can pack guns. That is scary. The guy from Australia is right, you want to play Rambo and "think" you are Rambo when really, you're just a scared old lady. Crazy. You're pathetic, we should actually feel sorry for you. Get some mental help, you're one of those that could go "postal".
 BussOfEsprit
Msg: 111
Posted: 1/21/2015 8:01:20 PM
When I was 12 years old my grandmother escaped two guys that pulled a gun with the intent to kidnap. After about a month the two guys were caught but after they had kidnapped several different women, repeatedly raped and beat them. This did leave an impression.

A couple years ago I temporarily lived in an apartment complex in which my neighbor came home from getting groceries and a guy confronted her, knocked her out, and started dragging her down the street. Her partner happen to come out of their apartment and saw her girlfriend being dragged down the street and screamed. I came out of my apartment to help but the guy dropped my neighbor and ran down the street. That did leave an impression.

I work downtown Dallas, generally work late and usually walk with a friend to the same parking garage. One particular night I left work a little later than usual but saw my friend up the street a bit as I started to walk. I walked quicker than usual to catch up with her but she heard me walking and getting closer to her. Literally at one point she start to run because she didn’t know it was me trying to catch up to her. I’ve had co-workers mugged, beat, and sent to the hospital. A couple people from the surrounding office buildings have been shot and stabbed.

I’ve only touched on a little of my walk in life but I consider myself sheltered in comparison to many others. My innocence was lost during my childhood. I don’t want to be Rambo or Wyatt Earp (this is just stupid) but just want to be left alone to live my life.

The woman delivering pizza didn’t want to be Rambo or Wyatt Earp, she was trying to work and earn money but easily could have been another woman who just disappeared. The police weren’t there to help this pizza delivery woman, the police weren’t there to help my grandmother, the police weren’t there to help my neighbor, the police weren’t there to help my coworkers who were mugged, beat, and sent to the hospital but the police will show up later to take a report. The reality of the situation is that you will be on your own until the police show up, given that they are notified of the situation.
 robaustralia
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/22/2015 1:27:07 AM

It certainly is not mine, nor is it anyone else’s that believe firearms are necessary for self protection.

Yours is a statement so sick that it warrants and makes the case for noble, good citizens like myself and countless others to remain armed and vigilant against your sort.
For anyone who states something as twisted as you have has to be thinking perversely.

I want to be armed against the likes of you and others of your mentality.

Unfortunately, your twisted thought process does not permit for truth which is that evil persons (perhaps yourself) will always have access to firearms. This is the 21st century, not the stone age, anyone can have access to anything they want. Therefore wise persons realize that the best deterrent to deviants is a strong defense/offence, i.e. firearms.[

And guess what you retard? I was at Port Arthur the day a crazed gunman killed 35 innocent people with military type weapons. And you want to be armed against people like me?

Don't to talk to me about the "right to bear arms" you retard.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/22/2015 3:50:04 AM

I want to be armed against the likes of you and others of your mentality

Imagine that. Madeline feels the need to be armed against those who feel weapons, specifically guns, should have more regulation in America. She feels she needs to be armed from those that feel guns should be registered in America. She feels the need to be armed against those who feel that assault type weapons have no place in the hands of average Americans. Madeline should be scared of those other scared Americans who are armed...for those are the ones who have the means and ability to do her harm..she isn't scared of the armed WalMart shopper...she is scared of the unarmed foreigner who doesn't live in America and is unlikely to ever meet.

you retard

Now Rob...Blue...while Madeline may or may not be batshyte crazy or retarded, she certainly is the hope of the GOP....she is one of those fearful old ladies who sees ebola running unchecked throughout America while the President imports more "Africans" (all blacks I might add) infected with the ebola disease. She sees villains at every street corner armed, waiting to assault her and rob her of the $5 bus fare she carries. Madeline is just a scared old lady feeding on the fears the GOP spread (and probably cat food). She sees a shiftless black man in the White House who wants to tax her (as if her meager social security check would ever be taxed) to feed the lazy poor (while she eats cat food). She sees lazy shiftless illegals eating better than she on their welfare and food stamps (though those two programs are not available to illegal aliens).

Madeline is just a scared old lady...offer her your pity not your distain.
 Walts
Msg: 114
Posted: 1/22/2015 5:09:48 AM
Though my brain tells me differently, I'll carry on. I guess.

Well, that may go over well in your frozen tundra but thankfully, it is not true yet here in the U.S.A.

I believe, because you are "living it" you really can't see what has happened down there with this gun culture of yours. A lot down south now are living a life of constant fear. You are constantly "fighting" and "protecting". You buy guns. You put bars up on your windows and doors. You have created and live in "closed communities".

And then, you decide to define it as "fighting back". You've been "fighting back" for what seems forever. All in the name of "freedom" , correct???? Look around and tell me this is actually "freedom"? Nothing has changed except the "enemy".

I think it was 1967 when my father drove me down to the shores of the Detroit River and we viewed something that would forever change my perception of how the minds seemed to work across the border. Flames lighting up the riverfront, gun shots ringing from helicopters overhead, and screams from your own.(hearing them across a river a mile wide was eye opening and scared the shiat outta me) The same "excuse" was used then as it is being used now. The "right to protect". The waterfront was burnt to the ground in the name of "protection". It wasn't in Canada.
 etourdi65
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/22/2015 6:21:52 AM
I think liberals try to paint with too big a brush..I don't own a gun but I am looking to purchase one..not out of fear or self protection or anything like that..I just want one..you probably cant understand that some people just buy things because they want to..you are probably saying to yourself why does anyone need or want to own a gun? who cares, everyone makes their own decisions about what they purchase...it is a constitutional right to own one so why do liberals feel the need to judge everyone who owns one and to defame them?
Do you have cable tv or satellite? do you need it? not really, you just want it, see how that works?

Liberals do not understand how everyone else thinks you are not omniscient I understand that liberalism is based on the misconception that you are morally and intellectually superior , but that is not the case, you are no different than anyone else, you have flaws, you make judgements, you hate, you fear ..
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/22/2015 6:37:12 AM

I think liberals try to paint with too big a brush..I don't own a gun but I am looking to purchase one..not out of fear or self protection or anything like that..I just want one.

Then get one...simple...along the way get yourself and the weapon registered...attend a gun safety class...be responsible with a dangerous weapon-one that when first designed had only one purpose-to kill others.

Do you have cable tv or satellite?

When cable TV or a satellite is used routinely to kill others then they should be regulated too....oh wait...they already are regulated.
 kj521
Msg: 117
Posted: 1/22/2015 8:01:26 AM
"I applaud any one, who when faced with an attacker or intruder, fights back with all the might and power at their disposal."

HondoGal.....

I agree with this statement 100%. In many situations....fighting back should be the only considered option.

Case in point.....child abductions. Once a child is rendered into the abductor's vehicle, likelihood of survival is minimal at best. Which is why I have taught my children the importance of fighting back even if a weapon is involved.

With that said....I do not believe everyone should own a gun. Being trained to physically shoot a weapon is something everyone can learn but being prepared psychologically to use it is quite another. If you are unsure of your capabilities I would suggest other means of self-defense and learning preventative measures to reduce the chances of becoming a victim.

And HondoGal....:you come across as rational to me. :)

Blue skies with Toy Story clouds and warm, golden sunshine.....your weather report from Orlando!
 aj7125
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/22/2015 8:31:38 AM
msg121....."Don't to talk to me about the "right to bear arms" you retard."

^^^^^Another "pleasant poster"

I know many many people like everyone else that own guns. The ones I know respect and know how to safely handle a weapon. Never have they sounded like some in here paint them out to be: out of the wild west and ready to fire.

And to the posters who feel like if you own a gun, you are scared and dangerous, you are not very well educated.

Automobiles are weapons also, if they are not used correctly, they kill. If a poster in here posts how crazy and scared and dangerous another is because they are for owning a weapon, would it be ok for them to be scared and worried that you operate a vehicle?
 lyingcheat
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2015 8:53:19 AM

A soldier at Fort Bragg in Fayetteville, North Carolina, tried to bring his wife a surprise breakfast in bed Friday morning, but as his reward for the romantic gesture, he found himself in the hospital with a gunshot wound to the chest.

Earlier Friday morning, 28-year-old Zia Segule left the home he shares with his wife Tiffany in Fayetteville. Tiffany stayed in bed, catching some extra sleep.
But at about 10:15 a.m., Zia Segule unexpectedly came back home. He carried a take-out breakfast to surprise his sleeping wife. At least, he thought she was sleeping.

According to police, the soldier did not attempt to sneak into the house. He simply entered through the front door as he normally would. But in the interim between his departure and return, 27-year-old Tiffany had apparently activated the house’s security alarm system.
When Zia Segule walked through the door, the alarm went off.
The police say they still are not sure whether or not Zia attempted to tell his wife that he was home, or if he tried to shut off the alarm. All they say they know for sure is that Tiffany — perhaps nervous due to a series of break-ins in the area recently — pulled out a gun and fired one round sight unseen, through her closed bedroom door.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1745325/soldier-wife-shooting/

This ^^^ is the outcome of a 'culture of fear' mentality.

You get terrified people shooting at unidentified noises through closed doors.
Whereas in places where everyone isn't terrified of bogeymen coming to get them the likely response to unidentified noises is to either investigate, or just call out.

All this propaganda about 'we need gunz, concealable gunz, semi-automatic gunz, multiple gunz to prO-tect ourselves' from the chaotic horror which will surely descend on us all if we aren't packin' all these ballistic deterrents just reinforces the fear mentality.

The fact is, robaustralia is right. Most people who have the misfortune to be assaulted, sexually assaulted, or murdered already know their assailant.
The fact is, if you live in a home that has a gun in it, regardless of the owner, you have an increased risk of being shot - either by yourself, or by someone else in the home either accidentally or deliberately. In recognition of this inescapable fact the American Academy of Pediatrics put out a (predictably weak) statement calling on doctors to urge parents to consider carefully, or reconsider, the wisdom of keeping guns in their homes.

Here's a couple of brief extracts from a study by the Harvard Injury Control Research Center. See the original article for the references.

American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine
Am J Lifestyle Med. 2011;5(6):502-511.
David Hemenway, PhD
Harvard Injury Control Research Center, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts.

Risks and Benefits of a Gun in the Home

Abstract
This article summarizes the scientific literature on the health risks and benefits of having a gun in the home for the gun owner and his/her family. For most contemporary Americans, scientific studies indicate that the health risk of a gun in the home is greater than the benefit. The evidence is overwhelming for the fact that a gun in the home is a risk factor for completed suicide and that gun accidents are most likely to occur in homes with guns. There is compelling evidence that a gun in the home is a risk factor for intimidation and for killing women in their homes. On the benefit side, there are fewer studies, and there is no credible evidence of a deterrent effect of firearms or that a gun in the home reduces the likelihood or severity of injury during an altercation or break-in. Thus, groups such as the American Academy of Pediatrics urge parents not to have guns in the home.

[snip]

Conclusion
There are real and imaginary situations when it might be beneficial to have a gun in the home. For example, in the Australian film Mad Max, where survivors of the apocalypse seem to have been predominantly psychopathic male bikers, having a loaded gun would seem to be very helpful for survival, and public health experts would probably advise people in that world to obtain guns.

However, for most contemporary Americans, the scientific studies suggest that the health risk of a gun in the home is greater than the benefit. There are no credible studies that indicate otherwise. The evidence is overwhelming that a gun in the home is a risk factor for completed suicide and that gun accidents are most likely to occur in homes with guns. There is compelling evidence that a gun in the home is a risk factor for intimidation and for killing women in their homes, and it appears that a gun in the home may more likely be used to threaten intimates than to protect against intruders. On the potential benefit side, there is no good evidence of a deterrent effect of firearms or that a gun in the home reduces the likelihood or severity of injury during an altercation or break-in.

That said, for the large majority of households, having a gun in the home will not provide either health benefits or costs this year. However, for those households where having a gun or not will matter this year, the evidence indicates that the costs will widely outweigh the benefits. The benefit–cost ratio is especially adverse for women and children in the household. Indeed, after weighing the scientific evidence, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) decided that guns do not belong in households with children:

"The AAP recommends that pediatricians incorporate questions about guns into their patient history taking and urge parents who possess guns to remove them, especially handguns, from the home."
(Firearm-related injuries affecting the pediatric population. Committee on Injury and Poison Prevention. American Academy of Pediatrics. Pediatrics. 2000;105(4, pt 1):888–895.)

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/753058_1
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/753058_2
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/753058_3
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/753058_4
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/753058_5

Another article that does a cost/benefit analysis of guns in the home.

Injuries and deaths due to firearms in the home.
Kellermann AL, Somes G, Rivara FP, Lee RK, Banton JG.

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
Determine the relative frequency with which guns in the home are used to injure or kill in self-defense, compared with the number of times these weapons are involved in an unintentional injury, suicide attempt, or criminal assault or homicide.

METHODS:
We reviewed the police, medical examiner, emergency medical service, emergency department, and hospital records of all fatal and nonfatal shootings in three U.S. cities: Memphis, Tennessee; Seattle, Washington; and Galveston, Texas.

RESULTS:
During the study interval (12 months in Memphis, 18 months in Seattle, and Galveston) 626 shootings occurred in or around a residence. This total included 54 unintentional shootings, 118 attempted or completed suicides, and 438 assaults/homicides. Thirteen shootings were legally justifiable or an act of self-defense, including three that involved law enforcement officers acting in the line of duty. For every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally justifiable shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven criminal assaults or homicides, and eleven attempted or completed suicides.

CONCLUSIONS:
Guns kept in homes are more likely to be involved in a fatal or nonfatal accidental shooting, criminal assault, or suicide attempt than to be used to injure or kill in self-defense.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9715182

Despite the claims of the NRA, what people in the US get from all those gunz isn't a civil society where everyone is much much much safer than in places where gun ownership is tightly controlled - what they get is a country that is an outlier, and not in a good way, amongst the developed and wealthy western nations.

Because the US is an outlier in its murder rate - it is comparable to many corrupt and lawless third world countries, many of which, not so coincidentally, are awash with unregulated and unregistered guns.
The US is also an outlier in the numbers of children accidentally shot, and killed per annum. The US has more children die from being shot 'accidentally' every year than Australia has had in the last century.
And meanwhile the apologists claim all those gunz ensure everyones 'safety'?

It's comical, bizarre, and tragic all at once.

bluemoon24_7
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/22/2015 9:18:28 AM

And HondoGal....:you come across as rational to me. :)

I totally disagree, I think she's batshyt crazy. Her posting history is that of a racist, fear-mongering, gun toting, pathetic fool that is scared of her own shadow. She needs help with her mental health issues. She is another mental patient that shouldn't be allowed to pack a gun. Only sane and rational folks should be armed.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/22/2015 9:27:16 AM

Posted by LyingCheat:
"All this propaganda about 'we need gunz, concealable gunz, semi-automatic gunz, multiple gunz to prO-tect ourselves' from the chaotic horror which will surely descend on us all if we aren't packin' all these ballistic deterrents just reinforces the fear mentality."

Thank you for your insights from Brisbane, Australia. How nice it would be to enjoy some summer weather now!
You are similarly invited to write letters to our legislators if United States domestic policy is of great interest.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/22/2015 9:29:40 AM

Thank you for your insights from Brisbane, Australia.

Failing to understand what Australia has been though with regards to gun crime and the laws around it, is just that, a failure to understand.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 123
Posted: 1/22/2015 9:39:52 AM
HFX_RGB...the primary channel by way most citizens of our country shape policy is by voting and maintaining contact with our local representatives and other legislators. As a resident of Halifax, Nova Scotia you are not eligible to vote here, yet you can certainly write to our elected officials to communicate your opinion.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/22/2015 9:51:57 AM
Becky, you do realize that the fellow from Australia was citing information from U.S. sources.

You also forget that this is a Canadian site with folks from many countries posting on here. I know you folks south of the border think you are the centre of the universe.....sadly, not so. So yup, opinions come from all parts of the globe. Isn't that cool? And opinions....well, your's is no different/better/worse than any other person's opinion.
 _babblefish
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/22/2015 9:55:28 AM

Not nearly as sad as the world you have created for yourself; this would be true in any space you wish (or would be permitted) to occupy.
Your posts and your profile demonstrate that you are a ‘have-not’ jealous of any who have valuable possessions and who have the valor to protect themselves and their property.

When you have nothing to lose, (like you ) you are nothing.
That hurts, doesn’t it, especially in your advanced years.

Rather than being grateful to the hands that feed you, your twisted thinking strikes out at those feeding you; demonstrative of your wish to take away from those who have more.

you're right, at first glance you might notice the igloo is leaning, i blame global warming

there is good news; the winter has been mild, as mild as frozen tundra gets, tho' the seasonal home is melting at a faster pace than i would like ie i sometimes can't tell if it's water soaking my bed furs or did the sphagnum moss
depends i fashioned leak

as a extreme consumerism looser [sic] i can smile . . for the hockey gods blessed me with foraging skills, the twigs i have been able to collect allow me to save my one true valuable possession

on occasion when a tear threatens to roll down my advanced years skin i will lift my worn roll up the rim to win cup of watered Canadian Club and toast my simpler life of nothing, thankful that all i need to stand ground for on this frozen tundra are my twisted thoughts, wily ways and my hockey stick

all that without a firearm, botox and mickey mouse ears. . . poor jealous me
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.