Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1226
view profile
History
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 50 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
Are deaths from accidental gun-use from the existence of guns, or the accidental gun-use? See the long post that I posted earlier which summarized the general issue of guns. The reason that I occasionally post long posts on a subject is to objectively clarify an issue, instead of getting lost in the arguing...

...responsible gun ownership is the issue here. Not just gun ownership. Cars kill a lot of people. But it's not the cars, but it's the lack of a appropriate criteria for obtaining a driver's license...among many other things, of course. Swimming pools in back yards kill such-and-such number of children every year, but we're not on a rampage getting rid of swimming pools, and we probably concentrate on safety protocols with that swimming pool, instead of outlawing swimming pools.

Statistics might suggest that less people die with a non-existence of firearms...but that's a case of being deceived by a statistic and mis-using the statistic - In certain wars or revolutions, people would've been safer if they didn't have firearms...or rather, if they just submitted to some abusive authority. So, it might be irrelevant that less people die when there's an absence of guns...what might be relevant is that people aren't going to just submit to this-or-that, and sometimes a firearm gives them the capability to resist or defend themselves; what might be relevant is what's causing a given conflict or crime, not the defender or victim having a weapon. The defender or victim might live if they didn't have a gun, but also the criminal would succeed in his crime or offense. When the defender or victim has a gun, the thief or rapist or whoever might not get away with their offense. Some defenders/victims feel that letting a criminal get away with their crime is worse than their own death.
 aj7125
Msg: 1227
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 4/12/2015 8:00:45 AM
"You would be safer with a dog than a gun."

^^^^^^ A liberal quote which explains my above post. I hope Fido is trained in thugs breaking in. But when thugs break in, they could care less for Fido and the persons he/she is violating.
 kj521
Msg: 1228
Posted: 4/12/2015 8:13:01 AM
Aj.....

Some dogs do make fantastic alert systems.

Which gives the home owner ample time to not only get their gun but a robe for those of us that might need it.

If you know what I mean. ;) ;)
 kj521
Msg: 1229
Posted: 4/12/2015 8:40:36 AM
Skoochie.....

I have never been bitten by a shark....

I have never been struck by lightening....

I have never been stung by a bee....

Oh....heck.....a lot of things have never happened to me.

But.....

I have had a rapist attempt to break into my home.....

I have had an exhibitionist outside my porch.....

I have been robbed at gun and knife point.....

I have come in from school one day to a burgler fleeing from my home.....

And yet..... I don't feel afraid.....as I have taken personal safety classes, own a gun and a dog. :)
 tgif111
Msg: 1230
Posted: 4/12/2015 10:00:26 AM
sorry to hear those things KJ.

Skoochie

I've lived almost forty years and never had anyone break into my house. But, these guys act like a break-in is imminent. Always afraid of something that is guaranteed to happen? Must be rough being that scared all the time

i'm happy for you that you've never had those problems. neither have I. but one has to be prepared. we live in a Kardashian World where nuts need money for drugs, kids want to shoot and kill their classmates and workplace violence is common. we recently had a 92 year old woman beaten to death and raped by a 15 year old here in the Youngstown area. he broke into her house. there's no harm in being ready for danger. but we don't live in fear of it.

if I shoot a guy who breaks into my house the only thing i'll feel bad about is the crap I have to go through AFTERWARDS to the authorities or to a thug's family who wants to sue me civilly to get money from me. then I have to hire a lawyer at my own expense.

The odds of a person being shot by their own gun in their own home are greater than the odds of an intruder being shot.

i'll risk it.

Home invasion is not a common occurance.

neither is a fatal car accident but I bet you buckle your seatbelt.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1231
Posted: 4/12/2015 10:21:57 AM

Posted by KJ521:
"Which gives the homeowner ample time to not only get their gun but a robe for those of us that might need it."

Many would gladly linger over an imaginary $600.00 bottle of wine to know more!
Goodness gracious what excellent and inspirational tactical details to share on a Sunday morning.

Posted by Skoochie:
"The odds of a person being shot by their own gun in their own home are greater than the odds of an intruder being shot."

Not in my home. Nice try, though.

Posted by Skoochie:
"Always afraid of something that is guaranteed to happen?"

Do you maintain valid insurance on your personal cars, trucks, and motorcycles even though you're a good driver?

HFX_RGB
Msg: 1232
Posted: 4/12/2015 10:55:32 AM

Do you maintain valid insurance on your personal cars, trucks, and motorcycles even though you're a good driver?

Do you understand that you are required by law to have insurance?

Also.

Do you also understand that people who fight against rules and regulations with respect to the use and ownership of guns only proves that the person is stupid or a paranoid delusional maniac?
 robaustralia
Msg: 1233
Posted: 4/12/2015 12:13:00 PM

Here's what happens when just anybody can buy or own a gun

How come the violator never had a gun? If he did and shot the woman, I have no doubt you would be immeasurably quiet about that incident. Also you would be quiet if the woman got sad one day and shot herself.

Anyway did you know that in North Carolina more people died from gun violence between 2001-2010 than US soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan..

It is the fvcking hot spot of the Wild West. It must be like a fvcking War Zone. Are you proud of that statistic because any nutter can buy and own a gun?

Why don't you come up with something constructive to address that problem , instead of bragging about a home defence incident, that at best is dubious.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 1234
Posted: 4/12/2015 10:48:57 PM
"I've lived almost forty years and never had anyone break into my house."
Maybe the thieves already have enough Barry Manilow cassettes, so they don't bother :)
 etourdi65
Msg: 1235
Posted: 4/13/2015 4:20:04 AM

Do you also understand that people who fight against rules and regulations with respect to the use and ownership of guns only proves that the person is stupid or a paranoid delusional maniac?
Do you understand that gun ownership are already regulated.

what you guys are advocating for more regulation.

How will more regulations help decrease accidental shootings in the home?
 StarClassic
Msg: 1236
Posted: 4/13/2015 5:18:24 AM

Because restrictive regulation ultimately leads to confiscation. Their one true agenda.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1237
Posted: 4/13/2015 6:04:22 AM

When you understand that what is happening is de-regulation as states are removing waiting periods training requirements along with allowing more people to conceal and carry you will be well on your way to understanding.

For an examples see this:

http://imgur.com/w280RKJ

So you are saying educating people with regards to the proper use and storage of a firearm is not going to help?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though I do understand where the derp comes from, as it is clear when people are paranoid they will beleive anything, up to and including derp such as Obama is coming for your guns, or the new version Hilary is coming for you guns.

Will the NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Ever Stop Lying?
Bad, Bad Guy04.13.155:15 AM ET

In 2008, the NRA honcho said Obama was going to confiscate guns. Now, Hillary wants to. The lies will never end.

...The NRA knows all this. But still, look at the scare tactics it employed this weekend at its convention in Nashville.

For starters, the motto for this year’s convention was: “If they can ban one, they can ban them all.” So fear was the very slogan. Then, the NRA’s Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre upped the fear factor by telling the attendees: “There's no telling how far President Obama will go to dismantle our freedoms and reshape America into an America that you and I will not even recognize.” Now even assuming Obama wanted to somehow “dismantle our freedoms,” as LaPierre claims, how could Obama do that in the final 18 months of his presidency when the Republicans control the Senate, the House, and the Supreme Court?

Now scaring people (aka lying) about Obama is nothing new for the NRA. It started even before he took office. While Obama was campaigning for president in 2008 he stated that the Second Amendment bestowed a personal right to own guns and that he “will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase, own, transport, and use guns.”

Pretty clear, right? But the NRA publicly claimed that Obama wanted to “ban use of firearms for home self defense” and “ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.” That was simply and utterly a fabrication by the NRA.

Unsurprisingly after Obama was elected, we saw a massive spike in gun sales. As one gun store owner put it shortly after Obama won, “I have been in business for 12 years, and I was here for Y2K, September 11, Katrina... we did notice a spike in business, but nothing on the order of what we are seeing right now.”

etc etc etc

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/13/will-the-nra-s-wayne-lapierre-ever-stop-lying.html
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1238
Posted: 4/13/2015 7:45:10 AM

Because restrictive regulation ultimately leads to confiscation.

When exactly was the last time the US government confiscated legally owned guns? Has the US government ever confiscated legally owned guns

"The odds of a person being shot by their own gun in their own home are greater than the odds of an intruder being shot."

Not in my home.

ROFLMAO...you'd actually have to own a gun to shoot yourself
 8inscrew
Msg: 1239
Posted: 4/13/2015 9:30:37 AM
Dec 31, 2013 Connecticut- register or become a felon.

06 New Orleans

99 California

91 NYNY

42 Hawaii

Dec 29, 1890- South Dakota
 cold_coffee
Msg: 1240
Posted: 4/13/2015 11:45:44 AM
This is why we have the 2nd Amendment. To get rid of cops who shoot 50 year old dindus in the back.
 robaustralia
Msg: 1241
Posted: 4/13/2015 1:06:47 PM

This is why we have the 2nd Amendment. To get rid of cops who shoot 50 year old dindus in the back

Do you also have the 2nd amendment so a 3yo can shoot a 1 yo?

A THREE-year-old boy has picked up an unattended gun inside a home and it went off, shooting a one-year-old boy in the head and killing him, US police say.
Cleveland Police Chief Calvin Williams told reporters gathered outside the home after the shooting on Sunday afternoon that investigators are trying to determine where the gun came from.
Cleveland.com reports the 1-year-old was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead.

Not the childs fault ... Cleveland Police Chief Calvin Williams said someone will be held accountable.
Full details about the shooting on the city’s east side weren’t released, but Williams said at least one adult was home when it happened.
“It’s a sad day for Cleveland,” he told reporters.
“This fascination that we have with handguns, not just in this city but in this country, has to stop. This is a senseless loss of life.”
Cleveland.com reported the boy’s mother could be heard screaming on the back porch after learning her son had died.
Neighbours said the mother lived in the house with at least three small children

news.com.au

Now why the fvck would you leave a loaded handgun laying around for a 3yo to play with? Oh I forgot, you have the "right to bear arms", dumb fvcks.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1242
Posted: 4/13/2015 1:29:43 PM

Posted by BigBadNIrish:
"...you'd actually have to own a gun to shoot yourself..."

Incorrect.

Firearms safety courses are essential for all people, beginning at a young age.
People should know gun safety rules with as much familiarity as any other basic safety precautions.
This applies whether one owns firearms, visiting a home with firearms, or for general knowledge.
 cold_coffee
Msg: 1243
Posted: 4/13/2015 3:02:01 PM

Now why the fvck would you leave a loaded handgun laying around for a 3yo to play with?

I don't know exactly what happened but I know there are a lot of very stupid and irresponsible people out there. Like that guy who left his kid inside of a hot car. Are we going to ban all the cars too?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1244
Posted: 4/13/2015 3:56:48 PM

...Are we going to ban all the cars too?

No, but are we going to go full "Obama is coming for your guns" when a reasonable argument is brought forth with regards to the rules and regulations that should be in place for the purchase and storage / use of a firearm?
 aj7125
Msg: 1245
Posted: 4/13/2015 4:54:08 PM
Mom leaves her 21-year-old quadriplegic with cerebral palsy son in the woods for days.

^^^^^^^ Hopefully she goes to prison. And oh ya, she didn't do it with a gun. No matter what, there are lots of irresponsible, low life, bad people who do very bad things, conservatives and liberals, whites, blacks, Hispanics etc. I know the racists will never agree with that.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1246
Posted: 4/13/2015 6:13:55 PM
Almost 250 years of existence and the /federal government has never used registration to confiscate guns...the followiung is the best list the paranoid gun nuts can come up with for supposed gun confiscation due to gun registration

Dec 31, 2013 Connecticut- register or become a felon.

Yep...after Sandy Hook assault weapons have to be registered in Connecticut. No registered weapons have been confiscated.

06 New Orleans

Yep....George Bush declared a state of emergency in New Orleans right after Katrina and declared people carrying guns in public would have them confiscated.

99 California

Yep...unregistered SKS assault weapons were subject to confiscation, but people still own today registered SKS assault weapons.

42 Hawaii

Yep....In Hawaii Japanese Americans were ordered to surrender their weapons during WWII...Now Hawaii cannot confiscate weapons by law in times of emergency

Dec 29, 1890- South Dakota

Yep, The Wounded Knee massacre...as the army was disarming Sioux Indians one of the Sioux rifles discharged and the army massacred 200-300.

91 NYNY

One gunnut had his weapons confiscated.

.you'd actually have to own a gun to shoot yourself..."

Incorrect.

Nice try Becky...the you in you'd refers to YOU...as in you don't own a gun so you can't shoot yourself in your own home.
 8inscrew
Msg: 1247
Posted: 4/13/2015 7:15:24 PM
You asked the question....... I answered.
Gave a half dozen examples.
"Best" list? Huh?

Oh, were you just baiting, so you could call me a paranoid gun nut?
Do you feel better about yourself now?
I notice most of your posts are similar to this..... your self esteem must be pretty low.
That is sad, mr big bad irish.
If you really were big or bad...... your attitude wouldn't be so.... fragile and childishly aggressive.
I bet you see yourself as a smart, clever, funnyman who is a big bad mofo.

Thanks for the laugh.

Oh, the new law in your state... about registration..also very funny. They demanded registration and so few complied.... now they are all felons who cannot own guns. How do you think they should go about disarming nearly an entire state? Do you think "they" have seen the problem with their new law?

Bringing this back to the original topic, do you personally think pizza girl was within her rights to defend herself with a gun?
Surely an Irishman would....

Also, I wonder why some of the most caustic posters here, are not even in the USA?
I cannot imagine being so frothed up about the laws in some foreign country..... unless that country was being hostile and taking over the world....
oh wait a minute.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1248
Posted: 4/13/2015 8:17:44 PM

Posted by 8inscrew:
"...Also, I wonder why some of the most caustic posters here, are not even in the USA?
I cannot imagine being so frothed up about the laws in some foreign country..."

You are 100% correct in your wise observation.
Gungrabbers (regardless of country) become completely unhinged when discussing American-owned firearms.

What they are doing is called projection because they know they are not rational enough to handle firearms.
Because they can't cope with stress, they feel everyone will also shoot coffee baristas over incorrect change.

:-)
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1249
Posted: 4/13/2015 11:03:59 PM
Matter of fact, Eric, is that coffee baristas, or children, or cops are NOT shot by law abiding non-gun owners. They are *only* shot by gun owners. That is all.
 robaustralia
Msg: 1250
Posted: 4/14/2015 2:56:33 AM

Also, I wonder why some of the most caustic posters here, are not even in the USA?
I cannot imagine being so frothed up about the laws in some foreign country..... unless that country was being hostile and taking over the world

That would be because we are trying to fvcking talk some sense into ya!

It doesn't work though because you dumb fvcks have been so brainwashed by "the right to bear arms" and the 2nd Amendment, that you don't realise or even care about the senseless violence caused by your gun laws or lack thereof .

Don't worry about all the thousands of bereaved families in the Wild West every year , that is totally irrelevant as it is the price we are willing to pay because we have " the right to bear arms"

What a load of shit!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.