Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kj521
Msg: 1251
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 51 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
"That would be because we are trying to fvcking talk some sense into ya! "

Lmao! Mr. Australia! I don't recall anyone asking you to.....but how's that "good deed" working out for ya?

It sure has been entertaining for me...so I do thank you for being such a "nosy neighbor".

But one should always consider the phrase " Good fences make good....." What? Mr. Australia?

Have a wonderful day! It's gonna be a Sunny & HOT one here in Florida......91 degrees! :)
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1252
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 4/14/2015 5:54:30 AM

I answered.
Gave a half dozen examples.

I looked up those "examples" it turns out the confiscation due to registration by the US government has led to ZERO (0) guns being confiscated by the US government due to registration.

"Best" list? Huh?

If you could have put up a list of examples of the US government confiscating guns due to registration you would have...the problem is (for you) that there are no such examples.

so you could call me a paranoid gun nut?

I wasn't expecting it to be you, but you'll do.

your self esteem must be pretty low.

Yes, and horribly so. I had expected your list to show how I should be afraid of the US government, and all it did was make me more afraid of my fellow citizens. Your list brought me to the depth of despair. It showed how little my fellow citizens do their own research on a matter and rely on sources like gunsareagodgivenright.com to provide them with answers-answers that they don't fully understand.

If you really were big or bad...... your attitude wouldn't be so.... fragile and childishly aggressive.

I notice you don't challenge my follow-up on your "list", but resort to personal attacks.

Oh, the new law in your state... about registration

I don't see where Connecticut confiscated one registered gun.

They demanded registration and so few complied

The only numbers for assault type weapon registration I've seen are 50,000 which come from shortly after 12/31/2013...to me that seems like a reasonable number with a few stragglers that would follow...now I've seen the number of "estimated" assault type weapon holders and it is something like 350,000....I can tell you that 1 out of 10 Connecticut residents are not assault type gun owners....the "estimate" is clearly a blown up number.

How do you think they should go about disarming nearly an entire state?

Why would they do that? And what do you base your question on? Where the example of disarming anyone (other than a felon or nut?)

Surely an Irishman would....

An IRA catholic Irishman in Ireland a few years back would detonate a bomb in a crowded town square. What's your point? ah yes..your point is to troll me.

unless that country was being hostile and taking over the world....
oh wait a minute.

I think all you gun lovers should line up at our Southern border and shoot all those ebola infesting illegals who are carrying dirty nuclear bombs from Iran.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 1253
Posted: 4/14/2015 6:23:21 AM

That would be because we are trying to fvcking talk some sense into ya!

Ya know Rob, for a country with the population equal the State of Texas and 5 times the land mass your headlines are pretty similar.....

Couple home invasions, averaging two women a week being killed, child molestor with over a hundred victims some of which were raped, murder trials, 770 thousand victims of fraud.

Maybe clean up your own backyard a little before you have a stroke over someone else's.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1254
Posted: 4/14/2015 6:37:00 AM

Ya know Rob, for a country with the population equal the State of Texas and 5 times the land mass your headlines are pretty similar.....

If you mean by similar that the NRA posts lies about Australia to support its derp you would be correct.

Australia shoots back at NRA
Government says crime hasn't increased since gun ban
Published: 03/24/2000 at 1:00 AM

http://www.wnd.com/2000/03/1951/

Maybe clean up your own backyard a little before you have a stroke over someone else's.

Well if you had a clue with regards to what goes on around the world (notably Australia's history with guns) would be able to see the irony of your post.

Because you really should educate yourself before you make yourself look rather uninformed about the topic.
 tgif111
Msg: 1255
Posted: 4/14/2015 6:48:25 AM
rob from Australia said:

That would be because we are trying to fvcking talk some sense into ya!

thank you but so far you are not succeeding.
here's my advice. why not turn to the imam's in Iran and try to convince them that trying to make a nuclear device is a very bad idea. that would be more constructive.

we're seeing a lot of videos where white cops are shooting black people, the latest being the reserve deputy mistaking his service revolver for his taser.

but the one thing no one seems to address is the fact that in each of these instances the black man did not obey the commands of the officer. they resisted in some way or ran. in each instance the black man had committed some kind of offense PRIOR to the officer stopping him.

i'm calling on the Reverend Al Charlatan to advise all members of the black community to stop committing crimes and to obey all commands that any police officer orders.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1256
Posted: 4/14/2015 7:03:41 AM
tgif111...between the two of us we offer nearly a century of expert advice on how NOT to get shot by the police.
AdventureJoe70 and CrookCatcher would undoubtedly give a glowing *five-star* review to our perfected technique.

It is very easy to have well-mannered, polite, and gracious interactions when there are hundreds of millions of firearms.
Like they always say, "An armed society, is a polite society!"

:-)
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 1257
Posted: 4/14/2015 7:04:41 AM

why not turn to the imam's in Iran and try to convince them that trying to make a nuclear device is a very bad idea. that would be more constructive.

Do you mean like maybe attempting a diplomatic solution and not put the lives of innocents and American troops at risk?

That said, thinking that imam's are responsible for the creation of nuclear weaponry really shows just how stupid you really are.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 1258
Posted: 4/14/2015 8:20:06 AM
Not derp Frank, just an observation by looking at the news. No ulterior motive here.

Not that I really care but if that headline you copied and pasted said this.....

Australia shoots back at NRA
Government says crime hasn't increased since gun ban
Published: 03/24/2000 at 1:00 AM
.....would'nt that imply that it hadn't decreased as well?

Granted I could'nt be bothered to read it but I also saw where one source said violent crime increased forty two percent in the year or two following their gun control legislation. I won't copy and paste that because I think that's highly unlikely as well.

Not every post you don't agree with is a call to arms Frank.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1259
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:16:44 AM

.....would'nt that imply that it hadn't decreased as well?

Granted I could'nt be bothered to read it but I also saw where one source said violent crime increased forty two percent in the year or two following their gun control legislation. I won't copy and paste that because I think that's highly unlikely as well.

The short answer is that since gun control went into effect in Australia gun murder and gun crime are at record lows:

The e-mail says that "t has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms." Actually, it’s been 13 years since Australian gun law was originally changed. In 1996, the government banned some types of guns, instituted a buyback program and imposed stricter licensing and registration requirements. Gun ownership rates in Australia declined from 7 percent to 5 percent. Another law in 2002 tightened restrictions a bit more, restricting caliber, barrel length and capacity for sport shooting handguns.
Have murders increased since the gun law change, as claimed? Actually, Australian crime statistics show a marked decrease in homicides since the gun law change. According to the Australian Institute of Criminology, a government agency, the number of homicides in Australia did increase slightly in 1997 and peaked in 1999, but has since declined to the lowest number on record in 2007, the most recent year for which official figures are available.

Furthermore, murders using firearms have declined even more sharply than murders in general since the 1996 gun law. In the seven years prior to 1997, firearms were used in 24 percent of all Australian homicides. But most recently, firearms were used in only 11 percent of Australian homicides, according to figures for the 12 months ending July 1, 2007. That’s a decline of more than half since enactment of the gun law to which this message refers.
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/gun-control-in-australia/
 etourdi65
Msg: 1260
Posted: 4/14/2015 11:13:48 AM
the short answer is that since 1996(the year that Australia implemented its gun buy back program/gun control) Gun murder and gun crime is down in the US too, without those changes...
 etourdi65
Msg: 1261
Posted: 4/14/2015 11:40:55 AM

Gestapo members here in the forums. Their every post regarding this issue will say that the black guy was in the wrong. You're on the late train with the whole "blame the black guy" argument.
its not blaming the black guy..its saying that suspects increase their chances of being shot by attacking the arresting officers or resisting arrest...
it doesn't matter what your skin color is, if you resist arrest you set yourself up for bad things to happen...
 robaustralia
Msg: 1262
Posted: 4/14/2015 12:30:43 PM
MSG 1316

Nosy neighbour eh?

The Sandy Hook massacre and President Obama’s response to it has refocused attention on impact of regulation on American gun crime. Crime statistics before and after the implementation of gun laws provide a quantifiable measure of their impact. As a consequence, Australia’s gun laws and their impact have become part of the American gun debate.

In the wake of the Port Arthur massacre and Monash University shootings, the conservative government of John Howard introduced a series of gun laws. These restricted who could own guns and the type of guns they could own.

While the impact of the Australian gun laws is still debated, there have been large decreases in the number of firearm suicides and the number of firearm homicides in Australia. Homicide rates in Australia are only 1.2 per 100,000 people, with less than 15% of these resulting from firearms.

Prior to the implementation of the gun laws, 112 people were killed in 11 mass shootings. Since the implementation of the gun laws, no comparable gun massacres have occurred in Australia.

Remarkably, American pro-gun advocates try to use the impact of the Australian gun law reform to make a case that reform “doesn’t work”. This seems amazing given the homicide rate in the United States is five per 100,000 people, with most homicides involving firearms.

When gun advocates use Australian crime stats, they sometimes employ a number of misleading tricks and sleights of hand. These tricks are common to several politically charged debates, and are a form of pseudo-science. Let’s look at these tricks in action.

Cherry picking

The selective use of data, or cherry picking, is a commonly used method of extracting the “right” answer. This is true even when all the data tells a completely different story.

Cherry picking often exploits random fluctuations in data. Firearm deaths in Australia have declined over the past two decades, but from year-to-year one can see variations up and down. Bigger fractional fluctuations are likely if you shrink your sample size.

Leading US pro-gun lobby group the National Rifle Association (NRA) was cherry picking when its publication, NRA News, reported this statistic from New South Wales:

In the inner west, robberies committed with firearms skyrocketed more than 70% over the previous year, figures show.
Rather than giving the national trend over many years, the NRA chose one part, of one city, in one state and just two years of data. The NRA’s use of stats is misleading. Around Australia, robberies using firearms have declined from over 1500 per year in the 1990s to 1100 per year.

Look over there!

When the most relevant statistics give the “wrong” answer, advocates often switch to less relevant statistics that give the “right” answer.

In the Wall Street Journal, Joyce Lee Malcolm stated

In 2008, the Australian Institute of Criminology reported a decrease of 9% in homicides and a one-third decrease in armed robbery since the 1990s, but an increase of over 40% in assaults and 20% in sexual assaults.
The implication is gun control has increased assaults and sexual assaults. This is completely misleading.

Weapons (including knives) are only used in 13% of assaults and 2% of sexual assaults in Australia. Firearms are rarely the weapon used, and only 0.3% of assaults in New South Wales used firearms.

Firearm use is almost completely irrelevant to assault and sexual assault in Australia, and cannot be driving changes in these crimes. Suggesting otherwise is deceptive.

A memorial service held at Port Arthur in 2006 to mark the 10th anniversary of the massacre perpetrated by Martin Bryant. AAP Image POOL Getty Images Ian Waldie
Logical fallacy

Logical fallacies are very common in charged political debates.

Homicide rates in both Australia and the US have varied for a number of reasons. Since the decline in the US occurred without effective gun controls, does this mean gun control is ineffective? No.

While some gun laws may be ineffective (laws with grandfather clauses, for example), it is wrong to conclude that all gun laws are ineffective. That’s like saying that because some cars are slow Datsuns, there cannot possibly be fast Ferraris.

Of course, this logical fallacy also ignores a gorilla in the room. Firearm deaths per capita in Australia are tiny compared to US firearm deaths per capita.

Making it up

If all else fails, there is a remarkably simple solution. Just make up some numbers. Over 300,000 people have recently viewed copies of an NRA tabloid infomercial which claims

[Australian] gun murders increased 19%.
This is just plain wrong.

However, inventing numbers is a remarkably effective approach, and isn’t limited to the internet. If you lie, how many people will check your numbers? If the lie is caught, how will that be communicated to your audience?

For the record, in Australia firearms are now used less in robberies, homicides and kidnappings than they were in the 1990s.

Back to reality

So what is the reality? Homicide and suicide rates have declined in Australia since the 1990s. Deaths results from firearms have plunged even more dramatically. In Australia, mass shootings similar to Port Arthur, Hoddle Street and Strathfield have not occurred for over a decade.

Is this the result of the gun laws introduced by the Howard government? While some (particularly gun advocates) dispute their impact, several studies conclude the laws have made a difference.

Claims that Australian gun laws have increased crime are pure spin and deception. They say more about American partisan politics than about the reality in Australia

the conversation.com

As the nosy nut jobs from your country called the NRA distort our statistics to support their own agenda, I'm allowed to comment on your gun laws or lack thereof.

It is entertaining and even more sad that many of you don't care about the thousands of senseless deaths in your country each year and are more concerned about your 2nd amendment and some perceived sense of democracy it gives you.

What a load of shit!
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1263
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2015 1:09:02 PM
How useful would the following links be to this conversation?

http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/11/knives-kill-more-people-each-year-than-rifles-time-for-knife-control/

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/accidental-injury.htm

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/outside-americas-knives-are-often-weapon-choice-homicides-180949953/?no-ist

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/12/gun-rhetoric-vs-gun-facts/

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblogs/fulano_de_tal/2012/dec/15/do-we-need-more-knife-control/#

http://wildcabbage.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/murder_rates.gif

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2974487/posts

There is more to be found, of course, but this should be enough to post for now.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1264
Posted: 4/14/2015 1:18:14 PM
drinkthesunwithmyface...thank you very much for some of those interesting discussions.
Will work my way through the comprehensive list to see what they have to share on the topic.
Some people outside our national borders struggle with our Constitutionally-protected freedoms.
 kj521
Msg: 1265
Posted: 4/14/2015 2:04:59 PM
Oh my goodness! Frank has disappeared!

I certainly hope nothing untoward occurred and he needed a gun for self protection. :(
 tgif111
Msg: 1266
Posted: 4/14/2015 2:07:41 PM
HFX has disappeared from the forums!

there's a rumor going around he was mugged and needed a gun and not having one tried to sweet talk his way out of it. I hope he's insured with ObamaCare. those broken bones and a long hospital stay can get expensive.

I wonder as he lay there in the gutter a crumpled bloody mess if he called his attackers racist?

what are we going to do when we're not called a racist on every single post?

I loved being called a racist! i'm having withdrawal already.

maybe skoochie will take up the slack.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 1267
Posted: 4/14/2015 2:23:35 PM

Oh my goodness! Frank has disappeared!

Hmmm.....who say's Nova Scotia won't honor an extradition.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 1268
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2015 2:36:54 PM

HFX has disappeared from the forums!

there's a rumor going around he was mugged and needed a gun and not having one tried to sweet talk his way out of it. I hope he's insured with ObamaCare. those broken bones and a long hospital stay can get expensive.

I wonder as he lay there in the gutter a crumpled bloody mess if he called his attackers racist?

what are we going to do when we're not called a racist on every single post?

I loved being called a racist! i'm having withdrawal already.

Mr President I am here to inform you that our operation was a complete success.

Nova Scotia won't honor an extradition.

It was a grab and bag operation. He was exiled to East NY where he will be called White trash, redneck, hick, hillbilly, honky, cracker, peckerwood, etc by the locals 24/7.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1269
Posted: 4/14/2015 2:58:14 PM
HFX_RGB (a.k.a. Aristotle_Amadopolis, FrankNFurter, FrankNStein902, and others) was a prolific and dedicated poster. We will miss him here as he was certainly lots of fun and made for many laughs in the Off-Topic forum.

One could tell from his pictures that he was a dedicated outdoorsman who definitely enjoyed the fresh air.
Summertime is near. Perhaps he just wished to go up into the mountains with an old fishing buddy for a bit.
 tgif111
Msg: 1270
Posted: 4/14/2015 3:53:56 PM
good work Secretary Of Defense AventureJoe. I knew our SEAL team could accomplish the operation.

he enjoyed the fresh air, Chief of Staff Eric_Summit but no one could ever call him a BREATH of fresh air!

i'm sure Frank and his friend Bruce Jenner will enjoy their time camping on Brokeback Mountain.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1271
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2015 4:01:29 PM
not TOO much bad-talking someone now, and when they're not here either. Well, as long as you're not outright making-up stuff and lying about their character, etc. We have enough of those little girl cliques.
 kj521
Msg: 1272
Posted: 4/14/2015 4:07:50 PM
"I'm sure Frank and his friend Bruce Jenner will enjoy their time camping on Brokeback Mountain."

What?????

No wonder he didn't return my affections!

Oooooh. ....probably should have figured that out with the Frank n Furter screen name....huh?

Well....I feel really silly now. But I hope he has found love.....
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1273
Posted: 4/14/2015 4:44:23 PM

Posted by tgif111:
"...What are we going to do when we're not called a racist on every single post?
I loved being called a racist! I'm having withdrawals already..."

My friends always have fun with that, too. It is the response to any innocuous statement.

Person A: "Oh, shoot! I forgot to pick-up my shirts at the dry cleaners."
Person B: "That is so racist!"

Person A: "I have to get a good night of sleep. Big client presentation at work tomorrow."
Person B: "Very probably a racist presentation!"

tgif111
Msg: 1274
Posted: 4/14/2015 6:40:13 PM
Skoochie said:

You're on the late train with the whole "blame the black guy" argument

actually I was the first . I went back as far as I could and brought up this statement I made on April 8th in which I REITERATE previous statements that I made PRIOR to that date.

ONCE AGAIN I want to caution anyone who encounters the police to obey all commands immediately and not to try to fight with that officer.

do whatever the officer tells you and don't try to resist or disobey. you could end up dead like Mr. Scott.

I praise Mr. Scott's family for asking the black community to stay calm.

it does no good for black people to burn that biitch down, riot and loot as is their habit.

NOW do you remember it Skoochie?? it was YOU who are The Charmin, wiping up the rear.

don't try to match wits with me.

in the war of wits you came unarmed.
 tgif111
Msg: 1275
Posted: 4/14/2015 8:29:11 PM
i'm not blaming anyone. i'm only saying the normal thing to do is to obey the police officer's orders.

but apparently normal isn't what black people are taught to do. they are taught to resist and run.

why do they do that Skoochie?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.