Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 1301
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 53 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
"Americans typically opt not to sacrifice their Constitutional rights just because others are vile criminals."

>>>Actually, Republicans do opt. Its called the USA PATRIOT ACT. They were estatic to lose their rights to privacy....and to take away your's, too. Tho to be fair, when Bill Clinton tried it after OKBOMB, they had their doubts. I guess it can't be a good idea unless a Republican has it.

Wal Mart is shutting down their selling of "black rifles" b/c the profit margin is no longer there. Apparently the scare tactics that boosted sales has run its course.

but yeah, just imagine, a whole militia formed of people who love their troops but will be glad to point a gun at them should they actually show up. Heck, imagine if all the Southern states rose up against the Federal government. They could even have a flag....

I wonder if they would win. oh, wait, I think they tried it once....

Eric, you're right, some LEO have negative opinions about enforcing certain laws-"legislating from the bench seat of the cop car", if you will. There's a cop near the last shooting who's keeping his mouth shut now about not doing anything about the guns the shooter had. But, hey, what's the plan when LEO follows orders? As the saying goes, smart people play the "what if?" game.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1302
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 10/7/2015 7:42:06 AM
Liberals assume all law enforcement would happily go goosestepping along to enforce non-Constitutional edicts. LOL.
 Maleman999
Msg: 1303
Posted: 10/7/2015 9:02:57 AM
"Americans typically opt not to sacrifice their Constitutional rights just because others are vile criminals."

What gets me is the standard responses by officials whenever there is a massacre by a gun toting nut who sometimes has enough weapons to wipe out a small nation's army. The NRA always has the same response: The way to combat gun violence and mass killings is to have more guns. Arm teachers and anybody else that's exposed to the human race with guns. If there's anyone who might pose a threat, the solution is to pump them full of lead and ask questions later.

The officials that don't want to sound like gun lovers, but who don't dare offend the NRA, usually say the way to combat the problem is to identify people who will at some point in the future, become mass killers. But they never come up with a way to figure that out, and what to do about it if they do find out. It's just a lot of empty non-solutions that were made countless times. Did Obama, or any previous president, say anything of value that helped solve the problem after each case of domestic mass killings? Some crazies post their intentions on Facebook, but usually by that time, it's too late to stop them. Besides, you cannot stop them from buying guns anyways, even if they say they are going to use the guns to massacre people some day, or have used guns in previous crimes, because it's their constitutional right to have them. I wonder how many change their opinion once they or someone in their family is a victim of gun violence.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1304
Posted: 10/7/2015 9:39:28 AM

Posted by maleman999:
" I wonder how many change their opinion once they or someone in their family is a victim of gun violence."

A person near and dear to my family was raped and hacked to death with a knife about two decades ago.
Those familiar with the event still despise rapists / killers. Her life would have been saved by a firearm.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1305
Posted: 10/7/2015 9:44:30 AM
Surprisingly,those "Standard responses" come from the same officials who have a "no gun" policy where they work, ie, Congress. Apparently they don't trust gun owners to carry a gun anywhere near their workplace. Wonder why the fear of every gun owner out there? Aren't they afraid no-gun zone courtrooms and legislature just makes them victims of someone who would bring a gun, as their own argument goes? I guess these people who love guns, somehow hate guns, merely b/c they want a sensible gun carry policy in their own workplace. sure can't be any other explanation, these gun lovers must hate guns simply b/c they won't allow them at work.

Maybe they should do a Tueller Drill (with Simunition, natch) while in Condition One, Two, and Three, and see how quick a "good guy with a gun" can get a double-tap off from a concealed carry holster, thumb-break or any other holster designed to prevent A-D's from occurring, before that bad guy closes the distance and gets "all in their grill" (assuming he's not just standing a distance away with a rifle). Putting their theory up against reality would help them out a lot--better to find out now than later when it counts.

At least they won't mind Bernie Sanders' record on gun control votes. He does get that not everyone with a .22 plinker is a threat. apparently there is a middle ground, hard to believe if you listen to the loudest people.

how can they profile a potential criminal? There are computer programs deciding which neighborhoods are high crime rates, etc. But, gosh, we sure hate to profile. And its probably not them liberal types who are going to set off the alarms bells and whistles and lights, so we can guess what group isn't going to like a profiling program that uses statistics to guess who maybe should be....uh...put on a list. yeah, like a no-fly list. We know the Republicans hate those things.
 Maleman999
Msg: 1306
Posted: 10/7/2015 10:26:13 AM

A person near and dear to my family was raped and hacked to death with a knife about two decades ago.
Those familiar with the event still despise rapists / killers. Her life would have been saved by a firearm.

You're assuming the rapist/murderer would have given her the time and opportunity to get her gun from wherever it's located and use it, and hit the target with the first shot. I doubt a criminal would wait around for that to happen if he's in the process of committing the crime. That's the problem with people who keep guns locked in a case or hidden wherever. They're very effective if you're given a warning ahead of time that your life might be in danger and you have time to arm yourself, but in many cases, that's not an option. Plus a criminal is more likely to use deadly force if he knows you plan on using deadly force. He might use deadly force regardless, but it's more likely guaranteed if he know you're carrying heat.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1307
Posted: 10/7/2015 10:29:15 AM

Posted by Maleman999:
"...You're assuming the rapist/murderer would have given her the time and opportunity to get her gun from wherever it's located and use it, and hit the target with the first shot. I doubt a criminal would wait around for that to happen if he's in the process of committing the crime. That's the problem with people who keep guns locked in a case or hidden wherever. They're very effective if you're given a warning ahead of time that your life might be in danger and you have time to arm yourself, but in many cases, that's not an option. Plus a criminal is more likely to use deadly force if he knows you plan on using deadly force. He might use deadly force regardless, but it's more likely guaranteed if he know you're carrying heat..."

Incorrect
 congupnaroad
Msg: 1308
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2015 3:27:43 PM

I'm sure the Government in Britain & Australia said register Your Guns so we can confiscate them..... Sure they did.... Well that's what happened to them.....
And when Obama points at their Gun Laws, We know that's what Your people would like to happen... But You can't cook that frog, if you turn the heat up to fast...

No ones guns got confiscated here in Australia. That is another myth the NRA perpetrate. When they declared assault rifles illegal, the Govt. had a buyback scheme. I owned a Russian SKS back then and the Govt. paid me for it when I handed it in. I wasn't happy about it, but then I asked myself do I really need such a weapon? No I didn't.

I had no issue registering the rest of my guns. Why would you? No one is going to confiscate them if I don't break the law. Anyway back then you needed a shooters licence to buy a gun. The dealer would record your licence number and the serial no. of the gun, so the authorities had a good idea who owned guns anyway.

However if I wished to sell that gun, there was no restriction on who I could sell it to. Nowadays if you want to sell a gun legally you have to go through a firearms dealer who records the transfer on a database. Do you have a problem with that?

I'm pretty sure that if you get charged with domestic violence, the Govt. can confiscate your guns. Do you have a problem with that?

The Police have the power to enter my house to ensure I have my guns properly stored and if I don't they can confiscate them. if any are found to be unregistered, they can confiscate them. Do you have a problem with that? I don't.

If you have objections to having your guns registered because you think your Govt. Is going to confiscate them for no reason, you are paranoid. Or is there something in your background that makes it illegal for you to own a gun? Just a thought.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1309
Posted: 10/7/2015 3:47:06 PM

Posted by Rob_Australia / Congupnaroad:
"When they declared assault rifles illegal, the Govt. had a buyback scheme..."

Genuine assault weapons are extremely rare in the U.S.A., just like all fully-automatic weapons.
Nice try, though.

"I owned a Russian SKS..."

In other words...cheap, low-quality, junk.
Whatever they paid you was easily more than it was worth.

"I had no issue registering the rest of my guns. Why would you?..."

We are in the United States.
We don't care how easily you surrender in Australia.

"The Police have the power to enter my house to ensure I have my guns properly stored and if I don't they can confiscate them. if any are found to be unregistered, they can confiscate them. Do you have a problem with that? I don't..."

That is precisely why you are a subject of the Queen while I am a freedom-loving American.
May your chains, shackles, and locks rest lightly on your weary shoulders.

"If you have objections to having your guns registered because you think your Govt. Is going to confiscate them for no reason, you are paranoid..."

Why are you so eager to know what lawful items people own?
You seem nervous about the possessions of other people.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 1310
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2015 4:31:08 PM

Posted by Rob_Australia: / Congupnaroad:
"The Police have the power to enter my house to ensure I have my guns properly stored and if I don't they can confiscate them. if any are found to be unregistered, they can confiscate them. Do you have a problem with that? I don't..."

For those Gun control Advocates, maybe the Police should inspect their homes Yearly, just to make sure they don't have anything Illegal, too.... I mean, "If You have nothing to Hide, what would it matter"?

Posted by Eric Summit:
That is precisely why you are a subject of the Queen while I am a freedom-loving American.
May your chains, shackles, and locks rest lightly on your weary shoulders.

Exactly Eric.. though i like the original quote, better.....
Too many of Us here in the USA have forgotten it....

Samuel Adams:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

As for Violent Crime, I give You a quote from LTC John Dean "Jeff' Cooper....

Jeff Cooper:
“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1311
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2015 4:43:03 PM
Movie

Farrah Fawcett

"Extremities"

...my favorite part - "That's why I have a hammer!"
 villabolos
Msg: 1312
Posted: 10/7/2015 7:15:59 PM
In Vlad's posts on Europe, he has mentioned several times about the European women who have been raped by muslims. If those women were armed, I have to wonder if all of this would be happening. IF the citizens of Europe in general were armed, I have to wonder if a lot of what is going on would be happening.

When the Nazis went door to door rounding up the Jews in WWII. if the Jews were armed, I wonder
how things would of been different. At the very least, they wouldn't of knowingly gone peacefully to their deaths.

Several years ago in Houston, some guys were robbing a particular chain of dry cleaners. The dry cleaners decided they would arm their employees in those stores. The criminals came in on an armed employee. The employee shot and killed the criminals. That stopped those robberies.

How can we forget this story that happened in 2007.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbT1NHOMPt8
There are lots of these types of stories out there, This was one though is my favorite.

There is no doubt about it guns are getting into the hands of people who should not have them.
Banning guns though is definitely not the way to go.
Mental illness is definitely an issue in these shootings. IT's a huge issue here in America in so many ways.
When people do not believe in God, they believe when they die, that's it. There are no consequences for their actions. IT's over and that's that. THey will not have to answer to anybody about anything.
I believe that is an issue in some of this. The breakdown of the family here in America is as well.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1313
Posted: 10/7/2015 8:39:35 PM
from Wikipedia:

A common misconception is that firearms are illegal in Australia and that no individual may possess them. Although it is true that Australia has restrictive firearms laws, rifles and shotguns (both of which include semi-automatics), as well as handguns, are all legal within a narrow set of criteria.

As of 2015 about 815,000 people had a gun licence in Australia and there were around 3.5 to 5.5 million Registered Firearms in Australia. Most people own and use firearms for purposes such as hunting, controlling feral animals, collecting, security work, and target shooting.

State laws regulate the ownership, possession and use of firearms in Australia. These laws were largely aligned in 1996 by the National Firearms Agreement. Anyone wishing to possess or use a firearm must have a firearms licence and, with some exceptions, be over the age of 18. Owners must have secure storage for their firearms.

Before 1996, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia had diifferent laws, in Queensland, New South Wales, and Tasmania long guns were not registered; owners of firearms were required to be licenced from 1988, and licences were introduced for long guns in Tasmania in 1991. Western Australia and the Northern Territory had tight restrictions, especially on centrefire semi-automatic firearms.

Since 1996 all States subscribe to the National Firearms Agreement, which was instituted through the Australian Police Ministers Council (APMC) with the cooperation of all states. Each firearm in Australia must be registered to the owner by serial number except firearms manufactured before 1 Jan 1901 which in some cases are exempt from a serial number registration or exempt from registration altogether. Some states allow an owner to store or borrow another person's registered firearm of the same category.

Imitation guns are classified as "prohibited weapons" in Victoria, and possession is liable to 10 years jail, as per sentencing guidelines.[1]

The Australian state and territory laws relating to regulation of weapons are:[2]
New South Wales: Firearms Act 1996, Weapons Prohibition Act 1998, and associated regulations
Victoria: Firearms Act 1996, Control of Weapons Act 1990, and associated regulations
Queensland: Weapons Act 1990 and associated regulations
Western Australia: Firearms Act 1973 and associated regulations
South Australia: Firearms Act 1977 and associated regulations
Tasmania: Firearms Act 1996 and associated regulations
Northern Territory: Firearms Act and associated regulations
Australian Capital Territory: Firearms Act 1996, Prohibited Weapons Act 1996, and associated regulations

At the federal level, the importation of firearms is subject to the restrictions in Regulation 4F and Schedule 6 of the Customs (Prohibited Goods) Regulations 1956 (Cth).

Firearms categories[edit]

Firearms in Australia are grouped into categories set out in the National Firearm Agreement, with different levels of control. The categories are:
Category A: Rimfire rifles (not semi-automatic), shotguns (not pump-action or semi-automatic), air rifles including semi automatic, and paintball gun. A "Genuine Reason" must be provided for a Category A firearm.
Category B: Centrefire rifles including pump action (not semi-automatic), muzzleloading firearms made after 1 January 1901. A category B license also covers category A but not vice versa
Category C: Self-loading rimfire rifles holding 10 or fewer rounds and pump-action or self-loading shotguns holding 5 or fewer rounds. Primary producers, occupational shooters[clarification needed], firearm dealers, firearm safety officers, collectors and some clay target shooters can own functional Category C firearms.
Category D: Self-loading centrefire rifles, pump-action or self-loading shotguns holding more than 5 rounds. Functional Category D firearms are restricted to government agencies and occupational shooters. Collectors may own deactivated Category D firearms.
Category H: Handguns including air pistols and deactivated handguns. Neither South Australia nor Western Australia require deactivated handguns to be regarded as handguns after deactivation. This situation[when?] prompted the deactivation and diversion of thousands of handguns to the black market in Queensland[vague] – the loophole[which?] shut since 2001) This class is available to target shooters and certain security guards whose job requires possession of a firearm. To be eligible for a Category H firearm, a target shooter must serve a probationary period of 6 months using club handguns, after which they may apply for a permit. A minimum number of matches yearly to retain each category of handgun and be a paid-up member of an approved pistol club.[3]

These categories – A,B,C,D and H were those determined by the NFA. The others listed here are determined by the states that have implement them at their own discretion.

Target shooters are limited to handguns of .38 or 9mm calibre or less and magazines may hold a maximum of 10 rounds. Participants in certain "approved" pistol competitions may acquire handguns up to .45", currently Single Action Shooting and Metallic Silhouette. IPSC shooting is approved for 9mm/.38/.357 sig, handguns that meet the IPSC rules, but larger calibres are not approved for IPSC handgun shooting contests in Australia.[4] Category H barrels must be at least 100mm (3.94") long for revolvers, and 120mm (4.72") for semi-automatic pistols unless the pistols are clearly ISSF target pistols; magazines are restricted to 10 rounds. Handguns held as part of a collection were exempted from these limits.
Category R/E: Restricted weapons, such as machine guns, rocket launchers, full automatic self loading rifles, flame-throwers, anti-tank guns, Howitzers and other artillery weapons can be owned by collectors in some states provided that these weapons have been rendered permanently inoperable. They are subject to the same storage and licensing requirements as fully functioning firearms.

Certain antique firearms (generally muzzle loading black powder flintlock firearms manufactured before 1 January 1901) can in some states be legally held without licences.[5] In other states they are subject to the same requirements as modern firearms.[6]

All single-shot muzzleloading firearms manufactured before 1 January 1901 are considered antique firearms. Four states require licences for antique percussion revolvers and cartridge repeating firearms, but in Queensland and Victoria a person may possess such a firearm without a licence, so long as the firearm is registered (percussion revolvers require a license in Victoria).

Australia has very tight restrictions on some items which are far less controlled in comparable societies such as New Zealand. Air pistols, elsewhere unrestricted, are as difficult to get as centrefire and rimfire handguns, and low-powered airguns are as difficult as cartridge arms to license. Airsoft guns are banned in all states and non-firing replicas banned in most. Suppressors (or 'silencers') which are legal in the UK and New Zealand, are restricted to a few government bodies.[7]
 congupnaroad
Msg: 1314
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2015 1:57:22 AM

Genuine assault weapons are extremely rare in the U.S.A., just like all fully-automatic weapons.
Nice try, though

Get off the grass, you know as well,as I do that an AR-15 is a direct copy of an M-16.

[quote\In other words...cheap, low-quality, junk.
Whatever they paid you was easily more than it was worth

That being the case then you shouldn't have a problem with baring your arse and let someone take pot shots at your arse with an SKS from ten yards away then should you?

We are in the United States.
We don't care how easily you surrender in Australia

Got some bad news for you though, your gun laws will be reformed. The groundswell,of public opinion will eventually demand it. 80% of your citizens are already in favour of " gun reform" . Did you just break out in hives?

[quote\That is precisely why you are a subject of the Queen while I am a freedom-loving American.
May your chains, shackles, and locks rest lightly on your weary shoulders

Name one freedom you have that I don't. Bearing in mind that the odds of me being shot in a public place are significantly less than yourself.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 1315
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2015 5:15:01 AM

Got some bad news for you though, your gun laws will be reformed. The groundswell,of public opinion will eventually demand it. 80% of your citizens are already in favour of " gun reform" . Did you just break out in hives?

Once again You show Your Red Azz & don't know what you're talking about... The Heyday of Gun Control was 1994 in the USA.. Back when the only way to round up opposition to laws was phone calls & letters.... The Internet brought out a new day.. More States are liberalizing their CCW Laws & outside a few very Liberal States, Gun Control is a way to lose Elections.....

Obama has lead to more Guns being bought than any ads the Manufactures could run... Since Obama became President, anything Gun related has been flying off the shelves... I was working a big Gun Show, at the San Fransisco Cow Palace, right after Obama was 1st elected.... We sold 87% of what we had the 1st day...... Every time the supply starts to catch up to the Demand, Obama opens His big mouth, & it's off to the races again.... I wish he'd shut up for a while, so I could get some more ammo & powder..... I've had to severely cut back on the Cowboy Action Matches I shoot, because I don't have enough ammo to shoot them... Because of the demand, the prices has tripled from before.......

That being the case then you shouldn't have a problem with baring your arse and let someone take pot shots at your arse with an SKS from ten yards away then should you?

If I wanted to take You up on this, You can't..... You gave Yours up.... Remember? Why 10 yards? because You can't hit Sh!t at distance.... I could probably make more hits at 200 yards with a 1873 Winchester Rifle, than You could at 50 yards & that SKS.....

Get off the grass, you know as well,as I do that an AR-15 is a direct copy of an M-16.

No it's not, I know the difference, do You... Why don't you explain what is missing from a AR-15, that is there on a M16? Can You explain the Difference? Can You without having to Google it? I think not...

Truth be told, I think You're All Hat, No Cattle... As they'd say in Texas.......

You should get back to a subject You're familiar with, like how to Murder Cats, You seemed to be a Expert at that.....
 kj521
Msg: 1316
Posted: 10/8/2015 7:01:04 AM
"Bearing in mind that the odds of me being shot in a public place are significantly less than yourself."

Mr. Rob?

That might be because we have A LOT of kitty cat lovers in America. :D
 gtomustang
Msg: 1317
Posted: 10/8/2015 9:49:10 AM
I suppose the 1994 reference is to a sweeping law that also created the 3 strikes mandatory sentencing Republicans like, begun off of Bush's ban on imported weapons and supported by Reagan?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapons_legislation_in_the_United_States

I didn't see a mention of 1968 GCA, but the Supreme Court has an interesting reaction to attempts to deny gun owners their constitional rights--

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/26/AR2008062604247.html?sid=ST2008062300649

Apparently, the Supreme Court gets in the way.

of course, one can argue there may one day be a government who doesn't let the Supreme Court get in their way, and again, what is a single gun owner going to do against that government when it sends the troops in? join the black lives matter movement and say, "hey, now I get it"? stop supporting our troops? when one branch of the government decides its time to overrule the other two, you got bigger problems. A radical Democrat might force you to eat tofu. Nixon or Reagan, when they decided to ignore the Constitution, had bigger things in mind.

the 1994 law sunsetted on its own, after a decade of loading up prisons. Apparently no one really liked it. Yet rather than launch a real fight, everyone let it disappear on its own. And now we're all back to normal. Apparently, this is what the demonizing of gun owners looks like? I don't remember a rash of old ladies being mugged b/c they couldn't carry a Kalashnikov in their purse for defense after 1994.

I do remember plenty of gun manufacturers getting around it by merely retitling their products, just like in the 1980's where semi auto Uzis and MP5's simply got those dopey long barrels so they could be sold as rifles. Funny, Obama wasn't around back then to stir up gun sales, maybe its not him after all, but the fear that drives people to buy. I know I saw plenty of ads that stated, "Buy now while you still can", before there was any talk of any "gun grabbing". Any bogeyman will do.
 chameleonf
Msg: 1318
Posted: 10/8/2015 11:07:20 AM

[quote\That is precisely why you are a subject of the Queen while I am a freedom-loving American.
May your chains, shackles, and locks rest lightly on your weary shoulders

Name one freedom you have that I don't. Bearing in mind that the odds of me being shot in a public place are significantly less than yourself.

I find the above a bit humorous given the following: This past summer, the wife of the fellow I work for had a visitor coming from the States (California) with her 30 something year old son. They had decided to do a scenic trip to get here through the mountains. The son is apparently a security guard and he brought his gun with him. When they got to one set of border security at the BC border, they were asked the usual, "Are you transporting/carrying any guns." The son "apparently" got flustered and said, "No". That set let him move on to the next set at the same station. The same question was asked, at which point the answer should have already been that there was a gun issue and already taken care of. This time the guy did say he had a gun with him and didn't know why he originally said he didn't, just that he did. All hell apparently broke loose, with a conviction that is now having to go to court, etc. and the fellow I work for finding the appropriate lawyer to handle his case.

Here's the humorous part, or should I say sad: When the guy I work for asked the gun toting security guard son why he felt the need to carry a gun on his travels to Canada (setting aside the fact that being a security guard licensed to carry a gun should be smarter than the average bear when it comes to gun laws), his response was for his mother's and his safety while travelling through the States to get here. This begs the question in a chicken/egg sort of way - which came first, the guns or the violence experienced in the States? Did the guns create an atmosphere of violence, or is your country so violent that guns are felt to be a necessity?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1319
Posted: 10/8/2015 11:15:44 AM

Posted by BBEisback:
"...Why don't you explain what is missing from a AR-15, that is there on a M16?
Can you explain the difference? Can you without having to Google it? I think not..."

You are correct, BBEisback.
Rob_Australia / Congupnaroad does NOT know the difference between an AR-15 and M16...or the M4 for that matter.
Off to Google he goes!

Posted by BBEisback:
"...You should get back to a subject you're familiar with, like how to murder cats, you seemed to be an expert at that..."

Rob_Australia / Congupnaroad struggles with that violent aspect of his personality, as he himself has shared on Forums.

Posted by KJ521:
"...That might be because we have A LOT of kitty cat lovers in America. :D..."

You are an excellent student of human behavior.
Abuse of domesticated housepets (who ostensibly trust humans) is often a clear warning of greater issues.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1320
Posted: 10/8/2015 1:16:32 PM
What's missing from his AR-15? apparently his pants' belt loop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD213VW6WjY

or a $99 buttstock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gWrthH2OK4

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2d6OLs5rZw

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ahCljuHt6w

heck, I could keep calling these up until my 15 minutes of edit time is gone. and gosh, we still haven't discussed "That part" which apparently is made out of Unobtainium. and I'm sure no one carries Paladium Press books like the Poor Man's James Bond, or how to make your 10/22 or your AR-7 look like a bullpup or how to add a Thompson foregrip to your M1911A1 to make a room-broom out of it or all the other silliness.

(that's for all of us who enjoy a trip down memory lane. "Get Even", anyone? Ol' George was pretty funny in that series of books)
 BBEisBack
Msg: 1321
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2015 5:17:39 PM

like in the 1980's where semi auto Uzis got those dopey long barrels so they could be sold as rifles.

Beyond the stupid looking long barrel to comply with the 1934 NFA & their being Semi-Auto vs Full Auto....
There's a bigger differnce between those Rifle that cosmetically looked like an Uzi & a real Uzi....
Do You know what that major difference was? Can You tell us, without using Google, first?

What's missing from his AR-15? apparently his pants' belt loop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD213VW6WjY

or a $99 buttstock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gWrthH2OK4

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2d6OLs5rZw

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ahCljuHt6w

heck, I could keep calling these up until my 15 minutes of edit time is gone. and gosh, we still haven't discussed "That part" which apparently is made out of Unobtainium

Posting Videos of someone preforming a Trick or using a Gimmick, does not make a AR15 a M16....
The Real World Application of those Tricks & Gimmicks is Nil....
Just because You saw Rambo do something in a Movie, doesn't make it Real.....

Just because some Actor in a B-Western fired more than 6 times without reloading his Colt Peacemaker, doesn't mean it really can shoot those extra shots.... Even a more Modern & more Accurate Movie like Broken Trail, Kevin Costner appears to Fire more than 6 shots without Reloading, because, in Editing the Movie, some Frames were left on the Cutting Room Floor.....
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1322
Posted: 10/8/2015 6:00:34 PM
Just so we're clear...every gun hack just absolutely needs an AR-15...and to get one, since he can't himself, because of "issues," has one purchased for him by someone else, who could care less what those "issues" are (legal straw purchase-the gift-see Adam Lanza) and then can legally buy on-line a 100 round magazine...for "target practice"
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1323
Posted: 10/8/2015 7:26:21 PM

Posted by BigBadNIrish:
"...Just so we're clear...every gun hack just absolutely needs an AR-15...and to get one, since he can't himself, because of 'issues,' has one purchased for him by someone else, who could care less what those 'issues' are (legal straw purchase-the gift-see Adam Lanza) and then can legally buy on-line a 100 round magazine...for 'target practice'..."

We already have a concise word for your sentence: FELONY
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1324
Posted: 10/8/2015 7:44:48 PM

We already have a concise word for your sentence: FELONY

Have YOU switched sides? Because I'm sure you already know that the guns Adam Lanza's mother bought for him were all legal purchases and legally gifted to Lanza. The only felony that occurred was when Lanza went into the Sandy Hook elementary school and murdered 26 children and teachers.

Yes, many gun loving states advocate the legal straw purchase of high capacity semi-automatic rifles, such as the AR15, as gifts for a third party, because there are absolutely no registration requirements in these states. One could say these states advocate mass murder by allowing these high capacity assault type weapons to get legally into the hands of someone who should never be around a gun.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1325
Posted: 10/8/2015 10:58:05 PM

Incorrectly posted by BigBadNIrish:
"Because I'm sure you already know that the guns Adam Lanza's mother bought for him were all legal purchases and legally gifted to Lanza."

Incorrect. Nancy Lanza (his mother, whom he murdered) would have committed a FELONY if she gifted a rifle to her son in view of his very well-documented medical and psychological issues. Gifting handguns would have also been a FELONY purely based upon his age alone...and certainly due to his numerous medical and psychological issues.

Incorrectly posted by BigBadNIrish:
"Yes, many gun loving states advocate the legal straw purchase of high capacity semi-automatic rifles, such as the AR15, as gifts for a third party, because there are absolutely no registration requirements in these states."

Incorrect. Straw purchase of firearms is a FELONY and is a federal crime.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.