Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 congupnaroad
Msg: 1326
view profile
History
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 54 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)

Once again You show Your Red Azz & don't know what you're talking about... The Heyday of Gun Control was 1994 in the USA.. Back when the only way to round up opposition to laws was phone calls & letters.... The Internet brought out a new day.. More States are liberalizing their CCW Laws & outside a few very Liberal States, Gun Control is a way to lose Elections.....

Nope the Heyday of Gun Control in your country is in the near future. Did you just break out in hives? Your "freedoms" are going to be modified. Aw diddums!

Anyway you are the one who has no idea what are talking about. You are the one who claimed Australians guns got confiscated. Remember?

Obama has lead to more Guns being bought than any ads the Manufactures could run... Since Obama became President, anything Gun related has been flying off the shelves... I was working a big Gun Show, at the San Fransisco Cow Palace, right after Obama was 1st elected.... We sold 87% of what we had the 1st day...... Every time the supply starts to catch up to the Demand, Obama opens His big mouth, & it's off to the races again.... I wish he'd shut up for a while, so I could get some more ammo & powder..... I've had to severely cut back on the Cowboy Action Matches I shoot, because I don't have enough ammo to shoot them... Because of the demand, the prices has tripled from before......

. Do you display a sign something like "Obama is coming for your guns" so as to capitalise on paranoia?

If I wanted to take You up on this, You can't..... You gave Yours up.... Remember? Why 10 yards? because You can't hit Sh!t at distance.... I could probably make more hits at 200 yards with a 1873 Winchester Rifle, than You could at 50 yards & that SKS.....

I never said me did I? You must have reading comprehension issues just like your comrade in arms (Eric). Anyway I couldn't care less if you could shoot the arse out of a flea at 1,000 yards.

No it's not, I know the difference, do You... Why don't you explain what is missing from a AR-15, that is there on a M16? Can You explain the Difference? Can You without having to Google it? I think not...

Oh off the top of my head the only difference is an M-16 is capable of automatic fire. Other than that they are almost identical. How did I go Einstein?

Truth be told, I think You're All Hat, No Cattle... As they'd say in Texas.......

As if I care what they say inTexas. But seeing you stated what you think, I think you are full of Piss and Wind.

Anyway how come you and your comrade in arms will not acknowledge that there is a gun violence epidemic in your country? Are you denying it? Don't you care about it?

Don't you want it reduced? It was you that repeated the nonsense the NRA bring up when your President mentions our gun laws and when I pointed out it was false all your response to date has been is just one big ad hominem But I understand that since birth you have been indoctrinated that gun ownership somehow equates to freedom.

So come on stop with all the BS and come up with some solutions. If you can't then I will have to assume you don't care.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1327
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 10/9/2015 2:41:32 AM

Nancy Lanza (his mother, whom he murdered) would have committed a FELONY if she gifted a rifle to her son in view of his very well-documented medical and psychological issues.

Oh really. It really is sad that you know so little about the subject of which you speak. Adam Lanza was never placed on any gun restriction by any psychiatrist/psychologist. In fact Adam Lanza hadn't seen a psychiatrist or psychologist since his mother rejected the suggestions of Yale University’s Child Study Center in ninth grade. Adam Lanza, like every gun nut that becomes a mass murderer, was undiagnosed.

Straw purchase of firearms is a FELONY and is a federal crime.

You are saying that I cannot go out and legally purchase a gun and then gift that gun or make available that gun to any of my household members? You really should do some research on topics before you post...it might make you look like less of a fool.

Mr. Harper-Mercer

In all, Mr. Harper-Mercer owned 14 firearms, all of which were bought legally through a federally licensed firearms dealer, a federal official said Friday. Some were bought by Mr. Harper-Mercer, and some by members of his family.

He killed nine people in Roseburg, Ore.....

Mr. Flanagan

Federal officials said Mr. Flanagan bought the gun legally from a licensed dealer. He had not been convicted of a crime or determined to be mentally ill.

Mr. Flanagan killed the reporter and cameraman, injured a woman who was being interviewed and died after shooting himself.....

Mr Houser

Mr. Houser bought the weapon in Alabama. Officials said it had been purchased legally, though he had been denied a concealed weapons permit earlier, and despite concerns among family members that he was violent and mentally ill.

He killed two people in Lafayette.....

Mr Roof

He purchased a gun from a store in West Columbia, S.C. Mr. Roof should have been barred from buying a gun because he had admitted to possessing drugs, but the F.B.I. examiner conducting the required background check failed to obtain the police report from the February incident.

Mr. Roof joined a Bible study group at Emanuel A.M.E. Church and opened fire with the gun he bought in April.....

Mr Lanza

He was “completely untreated in the years before the shooting” for psychiatric and physical ailments like anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder, a state report found.

His mother, Nancy Lanza, a gun enthusiast, legally obtained and registered a large collection of weapons and would often take her sons to shooting ranges.

Mr. Lanza used his mother’s guns to kill her and 26 others.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/03/us/how-mass-shooters-got-their-guns.html?_r=0

And on and on about the legal gun purchases by mass murderers
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1328
Posted: 10/9/2015 3:36:29 AM

this article says he was diagnosed early on
With OCD and Autism anxiety and even placed on a programme of some kind because his anxiety
They all urged the mother for him to undergo treatment with warnings given
That she refused

Yep, Adam Lanza went untreated from the time he was in ninth grade until he shot and killed 27 people. How does autism, anxiety, or OCD make someone ineligible to own a gun? That in itself doesn't. But, how did that prevent his mother, or make it illegal, her legal purchase of guns and make those guns available to her son? The answer is: it was legal for Mrs. Lanza (at that time) to purchase the guns and legal for her to make those guns available, or gift those guns, to her son who then went on to become a mass murderer.

There’s no federal law that prohibits a gift of a firearm to a relative or friend that lives in your home state. Abramski v. United States, a recent Supreme Court decision involving a “straw purchase” of a firearm did not change the law regarding firearms as gifts. Some states—California, Connecticut, Colorado and New York for example—require you to transfer the gun through a local firearms dealer so an instant background check will be performed to make sure the recipient is not legally prohibited from owning the gun.
http://www.nssfblog.com/giving-a-firearm-as-a-gift-some-reminders-from-nssf/

In other words, only those liberal gun-grabbing states prohibit you from gifting a gun to a mass murderer.

The specific disqualifications related to mental health are quite narrow. Under federal law, an individual is prohibited from buying or possessing firearms if they have been “adjudicated as a mental defective” or “committed to a mental institution.” A person is “adjudicated as a mental defective” if a court — or other entity having legal authority to make adjudications — has made a determination that an individual, as a result of mental illness: 1) Is a danger to himself or to others; 2) Lacks the mental capacity to contract or manage his own affairs; 3) Is found insane by a court in a criminal case, or incompetent to stand trial, or not guilty by reason of lack of mental responsibility pursuant to the Uniform Code of Military Justice. A person is “committed to a mental institution” if that person has been involuntarily committed to a mental institution by a court or other lawful authority. This expressly excludes voluntary commitment.
http://workthreat.com/mental-health-checks-when-purchasing-a-gun/

So, only a court or other legal authority can prevent the mentally ill from owning a gun and going on to become mass murderers...this is exactly the type of law gun-lovers love to love. It does little to keep guns out of the hands of those who would become mass murderers.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1329
Posted: 10/9/2015 4:07:19 AM

It says he showed an obsession with violence that both the school and mother knew about and he himself refused treatment and from 2005 he stopped seeing a psychiatrists

Adam Lanza was not being treated regularly by a psychiatrist , as you seem to think, he was being treated sporadically, by different physicians as needs arose. None of these sporadic visits met the legal definition of mentally impaired to own a gun...see the end of the last post

From the local news paper, the Hartford Courant on the 112 page report done by the state of Connecticut on Adam Lanza:

In Adam's two most significant opportunities for meaningful psychiatric treatment — an evaluation at the Danbury Hospital emergency room in September 2005, and a complete work-up by clinicians at the Yale Child Study Center in New Haven the following year — Nancy rejected expert advice in both cases and further isolated her son by keeping him at home and away from school.

At Danbury Hospital, she declined an extensive medical evaluation and psychiatric examination for Adam, who was suffering from overwhelming anxiety. Instead, she asked for a note excusing him from school indefinitely. When she didn't get her wish, she took Adam home.

At Yale in October 2006, a psychiatrist examined Adam at Peter Lanza's urging. The doctor noted Adam's "accelerating" social withdrawal and concluded that Adam suffered from obsessive-compulsive disorder and severe social disabilities and would benefit from intensive therapy. The psychiatric nurse at the center reached similar conclusions about what the clinicians were calling an "increasingly constricted social and educational world."

But Nancy pulled Adam out of treatment at the Yale center, saying that the diagnosis "didn't fit" and that her son didn't want to go to the sessions. The authors noted that a clinical report by the Yale team apparently never made it to Newtown High School and that Adam's educational planning at the school lacked any connection to the Yale findings.

"If there is a single document that is most prescient regarding [Adam's] deterioration," the authors wrote, "it is the October 2006 report from the Yale Child Study Center — an evaluation that so dramatically states the high stakes presented by [Adam's] disabilities and the need for meaningful and immediate intervention."

Nancy relied heavily on the advice of a psychiatrist who, in contrast with other clinicians, said that Adam would benefit from being away from school. It was the psychiatrist who said that Adam was a candidate for the homebound program, in which students who are medically or emotionally unable to attend school are tutored at home.

The report was highly critical of this move, stating that there was no evidence that the school had a treatment or education plan for Adam, and that there was no record that he even received the 10 hours a week of tutoring required.

"In the face of disabilities that were so significant as to apparently justify [Adam's] lack of attendance for the entire school year it does not appear that anyone questioned why, if he was so debilitated, he was never hospitalized or referred for specialized educational placement," the report said. "On a number of levels and on numerous occasions, the district did not follow appropriate procedures, monitor [Adam's] individual education plan … for goals and objectives, or document attempts to follow up with providers or the family regarding psychiatric or pediatric care."

Lewis, Jesse's mother, said that a deeper focus on the underlying conditions could have averted tragedy.

"Incorporating social and emotional learning into schools, including character values, emotional intelligence, moral awareness, mindfulness and compassion, has been scientifically proven to reduce behavioral issues and anxiety and increase academic performance and general well-being," Lewis said. "I am confident if [Adam Lanza] had this kind of learning in his educational experience the tragedy would have never occurred."

As mental health professionals worked to understand Adam's disabilities, the report said that Adam's disturbingly violent writings as a young boy might have provided clues.

A comic book he wrote with a fifth-grade classmate called "The Big Book of Granny," which chronicles the evil adventures of a homicidal, gun-toting grandmother, and essays he wrote about "battles, destruction and war" during a short stint in the seventh grade at St. Rose of Lima School in Newtown, showed that Adam was "deeply troubled by feelings of rage, hate and (at least unconscious) murderous impulses."

Although the report states that the comic book was a school creative-writing assignment, the authors of the report said it was unclear whether the book was handed in to a teacher or whether any school officials ever reviewed it.

"If it had been carefully reviewed by school staff, it would have suggested the need for a referral to a child psychiatrist or other mental health professional for evaluation," the report said.

The St. Rose of Lima teacher said that Adam was not like the other seventh-grade boys.

Adam's "level of violence was disturbing. I remember showing the writings to the principal at the time," the teacher told the report's authors. Adam's "creative writing was so graphic that it could not be shared."

Nancy Lanza and the school later reached a mutual decision that Adam should leave the parochial school.

Appeasement Strategy

After spending eighth grade in the homebound program, Adam returned to school as a freshman at Newtown High School. His two years there, before his mother abruptly withdrew him, were marked by some social progress and an effort by teachers and administrators to accommodate him in mainstream classes.

"The educational team felt they were 'thinking outside the box' for Adam, and making deliberate and well-intended efforts" to meet his needs "through careful and extensive partnership with his mother," the report said.

But the partnership was a "strategy of habituation, or even of appeasement, without a skilled, therapeutic, expert-driven approach that would help [Adam] adapt to the world." The report said that the educational team went to great lengths to "adapt the world to" Adam, rather than help Adam "adapt to the world."

After leaving high school, he took classes at two local colleges but his increasing social phobias, declining physical health, and an argument with his father about his course load, drove him back home — to a period of unparalleled isolation.

He lived a solitary life in his room, spending hours on the computer. He cut off communication with his father and brother, and remained house-bound for months at a time, Nancy reported to her friends at a local bar-restaurant.

His only diversion from this reclusive lifestyle was a passion for Dance Dance Revolution, in which the player dances in response to video cues.

Adam would dance "maniacally" for many hours at a time in the lobby of a local theater, neglecting to eat and stopping only to wipe off his dripping perspiration.

The theater manager "had to eventually unplug the game" to get Adam to leave, because Adam "could become so lost in the activity that he would not respond to communication," the report said.

Last Dark Days

Back home, in cyberspace, Adam shared dark obsessions about mass killings with a small community of like-minded murder enthusiasts.

In an email that he sent to one of his cyber friends three days before the Dec. 14, 2012, massacre, he mentioned a half-dozen mass killings and opined that "the mystery to me isn't how there are massacres, but, rather, how there aren't 100,000 of them every year."

At that point, Adam was 6 feet tall and weighed 112 pounds, "to the point of malnutrition" and brain damage, the authors state.

Nancy's main focus during this time was her planned purchase of a recreational vehicle and a move with Adam to Washington state, in addition to her "spending a lot of time in a local restaurant and bar" where she would often stay late with friends, the report said.

The authors surmised that Adam was stressed by the planned move.

Just days before the shooting, Adam injured his head the night before Nancy Lanza was to travel to New Hampshire. His mother, in a text message, described the wound as "bloody, bloody, bloody." The incident, however, did not cause her to change her trip plans. She returned on Dec. 13, 2012.

In the end, Adam alone was responsible for his actions, the authors state, adding that the vast majority of people with psychological and developmental illnesses do not commit violent crime.

In Adam's case, his "severe and deteriorating … mental-health problems were combined with an atypical preoccupation with violence … that appeared to be exacerbated by access to a segment of the cyber world in which mass violence was a dominant theme … Combined with access to deadly weapons, this proved a recipe for mass murder."

Courant staff writer Dave Altimari contributed to this story.

You seem to be able to google adequately, yet you've been unable to answer your own questions by selecting the proper searches... read the end of my last post on what conditions must be met before someone who is mentally ill cannot purchase a gun.
 deetristate
Msg: 1330
Posted: 10/9/2015 5:12:31 AM
It is always easy to say what the mother should have done. How about the father stay in the same state as his son and not just show up to be on the news?

Two things that the latest mass shooting and the school shooting have in common.

1-People are very, very quick to blame the mother.

2-The father is absent

It is not that easy to put a child, adult or otherwise, out of a house. And the authorities hold you responsible. I know of examples of both.

In one case, the teen daughter beat the Mom. The cops not only told her that she couldn't put her out but that she would be arrested if she hit the child.

In another instance, an adult child could not be put out of the house because the child claimed part ownership, through the father, who was not around.

Further, I am sure that some of the nuts on this website can act pretty normal around their parents.

Had she put him out, people would have found a way to blame the mother anyway,

NOTE TO THE ONE BELOW (with yet another point conceded by his resorting to an attempted personal attack):
Absent and divorced are two very different things, Dear Irish.

BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1331
Posted: 10/9/2015 5:14:07 AM
quote]Listen to me~ everyone was aware that he was unstable
But his mother REFUSED any help ~ even given warnings

Yes, and no one referred him to the courts or legal authorities to have his second amendment rights removed.

And also that he had talked of carrying out a mass shooting a year before

What's your point? He only talked about it at that point.

Never mind what you legally need to obtain to remove guns or be mentally not fit to not be allowed a gun

Where exactly is that line in the sand drawn? Because I see posters here talking about arming themselves against the rights taking American government. And that I think is dangerously delusional. What's to stop them from becoming the next Fort Hood shooter? Or the next killer of a government official? I've read a poster say that women should arm themselves because Muslims are raping defenseless women. And I think that is dangerously delusional. What's to stop an armed woman from shooting a Muslim who opens the door for her? Isn't that the prelude to rape for a delusional person? Where is that line in the sand drawn?

She should have removed them anyway from her house~

And all she wanted was to believe that her son was normal.

Some don't get any warnings or see any signs

I see the warning signs in many of the posters here who think arming themselves is the way to be safe. And I think what's to stop them from shooting an innocent who makes a perceived wrong move? I read a Scottish poster who spends many hours in the local pub-clearly he's one highly impaired dude :))))

They all saw them and treatment was refused:( and he was still allowed to be around guns , that his mother had

If you read the article I posted you would have read how Mrs. Lanza had no apparent mental defect.

And all this brings to mind is that legal straw purchases are made every day, unregulated, in 48 states making the next mass murderer likely to have legal guns and be ready and waiting. But, if one mentions registration and regulation, then they are gun-grabbing liberals, waiting to take away our constitutional rights!

The father is absent

And yet here you are a divorced woman with children.
 villabolos
Msg: 1332
Posted: 10/9/2015 6:07:39 AM
To bad we aren't all as perfect as irish.
And his best friend is even black!! I'm so glad he shared that with us. If he never said that, I'd have no respect for the guy. A white guy getting along with a black family...imagine that. He is definitely the new America!!

I'm pretty sure women can decipher between attempting to rape them and somebody holding the door open for them. If that is not a statement that shows in what a low manner you think of women, I don't know what it is.
Yeah, just do nothing. Call the unarmed police when it is over and file a report. That will do some good there.

I bet the employees of Charlie Hebo wish they had some guns in their offices.

I found it interesting that people who hold offices in that town in Oregon didn't want Obama to show up in their town for the funerals.

There are 300 million guns in America. If criminals want a gun, they'll get one.

You have to fight back.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1333
Posted: 10/9/2015 8:26:26 AM

To bad we aren't all as perfect as irish.

I'm glad you think that, but it shows how different perceptions are from reality.

I bet the employees of Charlie Hebo wish they had some guns in their offices.

France has had 2 mass shooting with 16 killed from 2009-2015...America has had 25 mass shootings with 207 killed...having so many guns has definitely made America so much safer than France.

I found it interesting that people who hold offices in that town in Oregon didn't want Obama to show up in their town for the funerals.

So what.

You have to fight back.

And I restate:

I see the warning signs in many of the posters here who think arming themselves is the way to be safe. And I think what's to stop them from shooting an innocent who makes a perceived wrong move?

Me:

And all this brings to mind is that legal straw purchases are made every day, unregulated, in 48 states making the next mass murderer likely to have legal guns and be ready and waiting. But, if one mentions registration and regulation, then they are gun-grabbing liberals, waiting to take away our constitutional

You:

^^^^^^
No it doesn't it actually shows how a whole system did not take measures to do their job school staff, mental health teams, parents

If I have read your point of view correctly, then we should all arm ourselves against someone like Adam Lanza...of course, then we would be arming loads or other undiagnosed/untreated people just like Adam Lanza.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1334
Posted: 10/9/2015 9:09:48 AM

That point is so far removed from reality that I wouldn't be able to address it:)))

I've made it clear in my posts he should have had no access to guns

If you are referring to second amendment~ that is a different topic altogether:)

By definition, all mass murderers are mentally ill, yet, not one of them have been diagnosed, and all have been able to legally access guns. So, if we all should arm ourselves against the mentally ill potential mass murderer, then we will be arming those with whom we wish to defend ourselves, including arming ourselves. Your viewpoint is self defeating.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1335
Posted: 10/9/2015 10:20:56 AM
Man, I go into the yard to pull thorn bushes, and apparently the pricks are busy here :)

What's the diff between an AR-15 and an M-16? Gosh, in order to answer that question, we better discuss the difference between an M-16A1, and an A2 and an A3, if we want to discuss their differences with an AR-15 by Colt and not the other manufactures. oh, lets throw in the Colt Commando, M-4 and the XM-177 too. We're using "M16" as if its an interchangeable word that covers every Armalite rifle that is automatic (not covering the AR18 or AR1o) but it came in many varities. its a chassis with a variety of single fire, full auto, three round burst capabilities, barrel lengths, fixed or telesoping stocks, sight mounts, etc.

But, I guess you're not looking to be so technical, and want to hear the words "lower receiver" and "disconnector". Still, even Bushmaster put out photos comparing M16 to AR15 parts, claiming manufacturers were grabbing parts out of boxes and mixing in, so as to meet demand when it had gone up.

In other words...conversion isn't difficult to a point of being impossible. Converting a bolt action to full auto, yeah, that might be considered "near impossible". but there's tons of magazines out on the newsstand telling you how to take apart your shiny new "Sporter" Armalite-design rifle and pretty it up to look like you're "in the sandbox", so that even Eugene Stoner couldn't recognize it.

somewhere in the house I still have an old gun magazine that shows how you can buy military lower recievers as scrap metal, b/c they have been split into two, and weld them back up. Would I want to fire a welded up gun? yeah, if I was crazy. as for the videos, the weapon only needs to work once, and in the videos, gosh, they seem to work more than once. would you want to stand in front of one wearing LevelIII and ceramic plate, sure that something like that couldn't possibly be a full auto threat?

so, straw purchases are a felony, but...gee, how can we know one has occurred, if we aren't tracking the serial numbers down? I posted a while back about Stag Arms having 3,000 recievers with no serial codes (took BATFE a year to confiscate what was obviously illegal), so apparently there were 3,000 potential times there wasn't even a serial code to track. maybe there's more at other factories, do we want to let BATF have the opportunity to check, or is that harassing businessmen? Even with the serial numbers, how would we track any of these felony purchases before the crime? hmm, maybe if strawmanbuyers thought they'd get into trouble that the weapon could be easily tracked to them...or gosh, let's put in a GPS tracking chip in every part. no, there must be an easier solution...

indeed, people knew Adam Lanza had an issue, but no one wanted to tell his rich white mom what to do. As someone in the article mentioned pointed out, "would a black mother in the city be able to deny attempts to take her black son in for further observation?" All the way back to the Roman days, the poor are "crazy", the wealthy are "eccentric".

and now the gun lovers are saying that, uh, yeah...we really oughta do something about keeping guns out of the hands of crazy people. Congratulations! you've finally adopted that "liberal" viewpoint you hated at the beginning of all this. Which is usually how these arguments end anyway. We all agree, guns should be regulated somehow. stop the problem right at its source.

Back in California in the 1950's, hotrodders like Wally Parks and Robert E Peterson and others realized hotrodding got a bad rap from the hooligans, the people with overpowered jalopies with underpowered brakes racing on the streets. So, they self policed their own groups, got people off the street and onto the strip, and hotrod clubs became motoring clubs who helped out stranded motorists then handed over a card that said, "you were just helped by a member of the" whatever club. In the Sixties and Seventies, biker gangs in California realized they too were looking bad due to the "one percenters", and eventually even the Hells Angels got into doing food drives for kids.

Many groups decide, after time, that its time to self police, and clean up the imagine by stopping the acceptance of membership fees from the idiots,the loudmouths, the bad attitudes, and start speaking out against them, pushing them away.

as for the comment that not every nutjob hurts the public...yes, its true, most hurt themselves rather than others. so if we let anyone have a gun, they might commit suicide rather than shoot up a Seven Eleven. I would like to assume their parents think even that one death is one too many.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1336
Posted: 10/9/2015 10:29:34 AM

I'm not sure if all mass shootings are as a result of undiagnosed personality disorders

You really believe that someone who is a mass murderer can be sane? Unfvcking believable.

But a personality disorder alone~ will not determine that someone will be violent
It's more signs of violent tendencies early on that can alert mental health teams

And what of all the other mass murderer's who showed no outward violent tendencies? Are you saying they were sane? Perhaps you missed my post with this link.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/03/us/how-mass-shooters-got-their-guns.html?_r=0

I don't feel they should have direct access to weapons or be able to access a weapon
Through a relative as they are potentially a threat to public

Are you now suggesting that 300 million Americans subject themselves to psychiatric evaluation before they are "gun ready" (I'm thinking some here won't pass muster)

I do know that it should be identified ASAP

Good luck with that....the only thing harder than gun regulation and registration is mental health diagnosis.

As someone in the article mentioned pointed out, "would a black mother in the city be able to deny attempts to take her black son in for further observation?"

And if a poor black inner city mother had her own concerns about her child, would she actually get the care she wanted for her child?
 trinity818
Msg: 1337
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2015 2:16:30 PM

Are you now suggesting that 300 million Americans subject themselves to psychiatric evaluation before they are "gun ready" (I'm thinking some here won't pass muster)

lol. I'm probably one of them!
 kj521
Msg: 1338
Posted: 10/9/2015 3:51:26 PM
"Are you now suggesting that 300 million Americans subject themselves to psychiatric evaluation before they are "gun ready" (I'm thinking some here won't pass muster)"

Woo Hoo! I passed!I passed! I sure did Mr . Irish!

Now.....does it matter if the tests were self administered? I swear I didn't cheat! :D
 BBEisBack
Msg: 1339
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2015 4:36:57 PM

In other words...conversion isn't difficult to a point of being impossible. Converting a bolt action to full auto, yeah, that might be considered "near impossible"

With this You show you're not a Machinist or Gunsmith. Can a Bolt Action or Lever Action Rifle be converted to Semi or Full Auto? Yes!

The M1895 Colt–Browning machine gun is basically a 1873 Winchester Rifle converted to Full Auto...

An M1 Garand Rifle or a M16 Rifle are basically a Bolt Action Rifle converted to Semi or Full Auto fire......

A AR15 can be Accidentally or Purposely made to fire more than one shot, per pull of the trigger...
That does not make them a M16 Rifle, it makes them a AR15 Rifle that is malfunctioning.

The BATFE or My State DOJ, will not charge me with Possession of a Machine Gun, simply because of a malfunctioning Firearm. It's what I do, once it does malfunction, that would determine if charges should be laid.

If the Fire Control Group of a AR15 Rifle is assembled wrong, it's possible the Rifle may fire more than one shot, when the trigger is pulled. That is why, when testing a newly assembled AR, I only load one round in the magazine. I fire that one & see if the bolt locks open. Then I load 2 rounds & make sure it only fires one per trigger pull. The malfunction that can happen doesn't make it reliably fire multiple rounds & it can jam at any point, too.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1340
Posted: 10/9/2015 6:09:39 PM
BBE, you keep getting funnier and funnier :) I thought the "race car suspension on public pavement" was good (you don't do that, every book and magazine tells you this. Pity you didn't go to that fancypants college, you might have learned that researching would have told you this. Robbing the suspension travel with 700lb springs means the tires don't follow the bumps on PCH1, which I;m sure you weren't racing on Sunday mornings, b/c that would be antisocial). Well, maybe you meant all you did was move the A arms up an inch, since Carroll Shelby did that in 1965. far cry from a race car suspension. at least you got the year right, in 1970 the Mach I already had the Boss 302 thickness rear sway bar, so nothing to replace there.

Then again, I'm still scratching my head on "paying taxes on the money you saved". as opposed to, what, blowing the money on something dumb so it isn't around anymore to spend? Hmm, save money, lose a small percentage in taxes that pays for the police and the pavement and everything else, and keep the rest of the money saved to buy what makes sense? yeah, sign us all up for that!

Oh, I could convert a bolt action into a blender. Or a table lamp. would I? would anyone? of course not, they'd start with something, you know, a lot closer to the blender and save themselves all that work. which is why I didn't say it was impossible, I said it was nearly impossible. Maybe I should have said, "impractical". But I don't see anyone converting bolt actions into full auto by replacing so much of the rifle, when there are easier weapons, like "black rifles".

An M-16 is basically a bolt action, like an M1? uh yeah, except for the plastic and the aluminum and the gas tube and the lower receiver and the....uh...everything. did you ever hear the joke, "we have George Washington's original hachet. We had to replace the handle twice and the top three times, but otherwise its original". someone may have to explain it to you why its a joke. I know i'm going to be quoting you for some time, to get people to laugh at the Colt factory.

you should really walk into a gun shop, and explain how an Armalite rifle is "basically like a bolt action rifle converted to a Semi or Full Auto". After they get done laughing and ask for a urine test, they will probably like to show you what's what. You should be an educated consumer, after all. Gosh, why did we get rid of the Springfield '03 if conversion was so simple? we could have just changed the lower receiver and the gas operation and the magazine well and...oh. all I have to do is look at one, and I see why they were replaced by a weapon that was actually designed to be semiautomatic. but still have wood furniture and take a bayonet and...

they call them "Clean sheet of paper design" for a reason. Oh, they both fire a bullet out of a barrel. maybe that's what you mean by them being basically the same.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 1341
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2015 7:07:18 PM

BBE, you keep getting funnier and funnier :) I thought the "race car suspension on public pavement" was good (you don't do that, every book and magazine tells you this. Pity you didn't go to that fancypants college, you might have learned that researching would have told you this. Robbing the suspension travel with 700lb springs means the tires don't follow the bumps on PCH1, which I;m sure you weren't racing on Sunday mornings, b/c that would be antisocial). Well, maybe you meant all you did was move the A arms up an inch, since Carroll Shelby did that in 1965. far cry from a race car suspension. at least you got the year right, in 1970 the Mach I already had the Boss 302 thickness rear sway bar, so nothing to replace there.

Your ignorance is showing to Real Car Guys.. The pamphlet Ford printed on setting up a 1969-1970 Boss 302 for Trans Am Racing, used many Tricks Carol Shelby Came up with for His Shelby Mustangs. The more you post, the more You show what You don't know about Cars of that Day....

If You looked under My 1969 Mach 1, the Suspension was setup just like the ones that Parnelli Jones or George Follmer drove for the 1969/1970 Trans Am Series. The parts would have interchanged with their Race Cars. That was State of the Art for that Time period.... Have they made improvements since then? Yes

Then again, I'm still scratching my head on "paying taxes on the money you saved". as opposed to, what, blowing the money on something dumb so it isn't around anymore to spend? Hmm, save money, lose a small percentage in taxes that pays for the police and the pavement and everything else, and keep the rest of the money saved to buy what makes sense? yeah, sign us all up for that!

Here You show You have never owned Your own business... The Vehicle Deductions are taken on Pre-Tax Income. Most small Businesses are not incorporated & pay tax at the regular Income Earnings Rate. Also I just walked outside & My 2005 CTD Ram 2500 is still there & in almost new condition. Then I'm not so Dumb as to live somewhere, where My Vehicles Rust apart, before their useful life is over.

you like to say how You are so smart & could retire at a Younger Age. Weren't You able to Retire, because You inherited a couple of Million Dollars, not on Your hard work?

they call them "Clean sheet of paper design" for a reason. Oh, they both fire a bullet out of a barrel. maybe that's what you mean by them being basically the same.

How does a Bolt Action Rifle work? Your Hand Rotates the Bolt to unlock the Action. A M1 Garand or a M16 both use Gas in one way or another to Rotate the Bolt & unlock the Action. Once again We see that Critical thinking is not Your Strong Suit...

next You're going to try & say John Browning didn't come up with His design of the M1895 Colt-Browning Machine Gun, by first Converting a 1873 Lever Action Rifle to Semi/Full Auto....
 BBEisBack
Msg: 1342
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2015 11:00:22 PM

Oh, I could convert a bolt action into a blender. Or a table lamp. would I? would anyone? of course not, they'd start with something, you know, a lot closer to the blender and save themselves all that work. which is why I didn't say it was impossible, I said it was nearly impossible. Maybe I should have said, "impractical". But I don't see anyone converting bolt actions into full auto by replacing so much of the rifle, when there are easier weapons, like "black rifles".

Oh let me add it was SO IMPRACTICAL to do, that no one did, Right? Lets look at Great Britain & their Colonies...
Charlton Automatic Rifle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Automatic_Rifle
Rieder Automatic Rifle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rieder_Automatic_Rifle
Howell Automatic Rifle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howell_Automatic_Rifle
Huot Automatic Rifle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huot_Automatic_Rifle

It seems some Governments in a time of Need, didn't think Converting Existing Bolt Action Rifles was a complete waste of their time, & they didn't seem to need to replace as much as You seem to think they did....

Also because You don't understand how they work, You don't see what they have in common.... The method of locking the action while a Cartridge is fired is common among many different types of Firearms. The method used to operate the action doesn't change a Turning Bolt Firearm, in Principle, to some other form of locking the action..
 gtomustang
Msg: 1343
Posted: 10/10/2015 7:17:14 AM
Yes, when Ford and others built race cars, they used race car suspension. But you were comparing my street cars to your street Mach I. Any car guy can pick up Peter C. Sessler's book Mustang Performance and Handling Guide (among others out there) and turn to page 106 "these (620-750 lb) springs are fine for the track, but on the street will provide limited traction". If you want to compare a race car to a street car, that's called an "Apples to oranges comparison."

Not everyone owns a business in order to deduct their vehicles. Not everyone lives in a state going dry with water, so yes, some of us do live in rust belts. And yes, after the work of taking care of a mother with dementia and a father with parkison's, I did retire on their income of their hard work, plus what I put away in 1987 when the stock market crashed and I put the money I had saved by that time for college, into the market and then didn't touch it afterward. or I could have thrown them away into a nursing home and lost all of it but made life way, way easier on myself.

do civilians take a lever action, remove the lever action, build a gas tube and make their lever action operate full auto from an underneath homemade banana clip (oh gosh, I didn't use the right word) when they can pick up an AR-15 for $600 and go from there? Considering the tolerances needed, I sure hope not. Most don't have a full machine shop in their basement. To say that John Browning and a factory could do it when there was no other choice,so therefore everyone should be doing it now, is like claiming you never buy your pickup trucks for work, you build them yourself.

So why did you buy your own truck, anyway? By your reasoning, you really wasted your money, since apparently anyone can build a pickup truck at home b/c Henry Ford did a few years after that 1895 MG. yeah, if Ford could convert a model T into a pickup way back in the early 1900's, why don't you build a truck now and save yourself all that money? betcha a Ford Focus turned into a pickup has less taxes than that big Dodge you got, you could save a fortune!

now, that's some fancypants logic there for ya!
 BBEisBack
Msg: 1344
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2015 2:11:26 PM

Yes, when Ford and others built race cars, they used race car suspension. But you were comparing my street cars to your street Mach I. Any car guy can pick up Peter C. Sessler's book Mustang Performance and Handling Guide (among others out there) and turn to page 106 "these (620-750 lb) springs are fine for the track, but on the street will provide limited traction". If you want to compare a race car to a street car, that's called an "Apples to oranges comparison."

Ford didn't build those Trans Am Race Cars, the shops that did modified the stock parts in the same way I did in 1975. Using shortened Big block Mustang front springs, at 650lb, was very common then, in a small block Mustang. If one had a 390FE Big Block Mustang & changed the cast iron intake & exhaust manifolds to a Aluminum Intake & Tube steel headers, they ended up with an engine that weighed about the same as a small block too. I doubt you know this, because you weren't building hot rods in 1975, were you?
What did they do on their suspension? They used a Shelby Export Brace & LeManns Bar, relocated the upper A Arms, welded the adjustment cams on the lower A Arms, & used shims to adjust the Caster/Camber. Today the suspension would be completely outclassed, by the stuff they make & use on the RestoMod Mustangs....

Not everyone owns a business in order to deduct their vehicles.

I posted a reply to purpleridder, who by his past posts, owns a small construction company. You made a comment, meant to put me down, when you didn't know the facts. Like many of your posts in this thread. I showed your Fancypants College Logic, wasn't.

do civilians take a lever action, remove the lever action, build a gas tube and make their lever action operate full auto from an underneath homemade banana clip (oh gosh, I didn't use the right word) when they can pick up an AR-15 for $600 and go from there? Considering the tolerances needed, I sure hope not. Most don't have a full machine shop in their basement. To say that John Browning and a factory could do it when there was no other choice,so therefore everyone should be doing it now, is like claiming you never buy your pickup trucks for work, you build them yourself.

The equipment in John Browning's Shop,in the late 1800s, would be completely outclassed by most Amateur/Hobby machinist's Shops/Garages, today....

You also didn't say anything about cost,you said.

Converting a bolt action to full auto, yeah, that might be considered "near impossible".

I said a M1 Garand & M16 was Basically/Principally like a Bolt Action in the way it Functioned. Just as the M1895 MG can trace it's Roots to a modified 1873 Rifle. The Roots of those Rifles can be seen in a Bolt Action Rifle. Even more so, if one was to look at how a Straight Pull Bolt Action Rifle works.

Look at a Steyr-Mannlicher M1895, a straight-pull rifle with rotating bolt, and then at a Mannlicher 1900 rifle which had a rotating bolt and was operated by a gas piston. This was an inspiration for later gas operated, semi-automatic or selective fire firearms (such as the M1, M14, M16, the L85A1/A2 and the AK-47/74) in which the bolt, upon contact with the breech, rotates and locks into place, being held in place by lugs attached to the breech or barrel extension.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotating_bolt
As one can see, I was Factually correct in my Statement, and converting a Bolt Action Rifle to Full Auto, is completely Possible....

now, that's some fancypants logic there for ya!

But I guess Your Fancypants Progressive/Liberal Logic, doesn't allow You to see these things...
Your Mind is like a Steel Trap, Rusty and Stuck Closed.....
 villabolos
Msg: 1345
Posted: 10/10/2015 5:06:33 PM
A friend of mine was a teacher and a coach in a school district here in Texas.
He went on a scouting trip to watch a particular team. As he opened up his car door in the stadium parking lot, there was some kid there with a gun demanding the guy's wallet. My friend had a big machete type knife stored next to his driver's seat. He pulled out the knife and goes...you better f_ _ _ _ _' kill me...
The kid ran off.
My friend thought he did the right thing by reporting it to the police.
He ended up losing his job because he was teacher and carrying a weapon on the school district's property.
The criminal ran off and nothing happened to him. My friend, who has a clean record, ended up losing his job.

That is liberal lunacy at its finest. The criminal isn't the issue, it's the law-abiding citizen who is the issue. Punish the people who stand up for themselves. We are all supposed to just be victims. That's a perfect world for pompous morons like irish.

I'd like to see studies on the amount of crimes guns have prevented.

We hear it all the time...America is a violent, racist country. But yet, the lines are longer than ever on the people who want to live here. It's such a great place, people are sneaking in here illegally to live
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 1346
Posted: 10/10/2015 5:19:57 PM
Great story.

Of course, it would have been better if it was true. Or even remotely credible.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 1347
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2015 5:41:43 PM

Great story.

Of course, it would have been better if it was true. Or even remotely credible.

Because You were there & know for a Fact, the story is False.....
Opinions are like AH's, everyone has one.......

When I was 16, I was working at my Dad's full service gas station. As I was pumping gas into a car, guy walked up & pulled a large fixed blade knife, telling me to open the till.... I don't know why I responded like I did, but I did...

I pulled the Nozzle of the Gas Pump, out of the Car, & squirted the guy with Gas... At the same time I pulled the Zippo Lighter out of my pocket & flipped it open.. The guy ran off, dripping of Gasoline.. It may or may not have been a stupid thing for me to do.. I just reacted to the situation at the time....
 villabolos
Msg: 1348
Posted: 10/10/2015 7:43:29 PM
The story is made up?? Really???
You mean like the Planned Parenthood tapes were fakes??
Snopes, salon.com, plannedparenthood.com,and huffingtonpost didn't put anything up about it, so you can't check it, can you??
I'll tell you what... Come to Texas, get a teaching job, and get caught on a school district's property with a weapon. Then report back on what happens.

You liberal do-gooders will not accept the fact that weapons have prevented and stopped crimes...they are a deterrant.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1349
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2015 7:49:04 PM
Well...um...like...I can be out in the wild living primitively, and build a bow and arrow out of a little tree. Make a container for making practical volumes of drinkable water in the ground using dirt and rocks.

And if you try to mess with me at night, you will be that "pizza robber getting an extra topping". If my bear/feline/wolf traps don't kill you, I'll take care of you myself and smoke your flesh and snack on you for a week afterwards.

Word.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 1350
Posted: 10/10/2015 8:05:38 PM

The story is made up?? Really???

Look buddy, lots of people here lie. Even people who actually put pictures of themselves up. Though it's more likely with a faceless profile. But most other people put a little effort into it. I'm not offended that you're lieing here; I'm insulted that you're not even trying.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.