Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 villabolos
Msg: 1345
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 56 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
A friend of mine was a teacher and a coach in a school district here in Texas.
He went on a scouting trip to watch a particular team. As he opened up his car door in the stadium parking lot, there was some kid there with a gun demanding the guy's wallet. My friend had a big machete type knife stored next to his driver's seat. He pulled out the knife and goes...you better f_ _ _ _ _' kill me...
The kid ran off.
My friend thought he did the right thing by reporting it to the police.
He ended up losing his job because he was teacher and carrying a weapon on the school district's property.
The criminal ran off and nothing happened to him. My friend, who has a clean record, ended up losing his job.

That is liberal lunacy at its finest. The criminal isn't the issue, it's the law-abiding citizen who is the issue. Punish the people who stand up for themselves. We are all supposed to just be victims. That's a perfect world for pompous morons like irish.

I'd like to see studies on the amount of crimes guns have prevented.

We hear it all the time...America is a violent, racist country. But yet, the lines are longer than ever on the people who want to live here. It's such a great place, people are sneaking in here illegally to live
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 1346
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 10/10/2015 5:19:57 PM
Great story.

Of course, it would have been better if it was true. Or even remotely credible.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 1347
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2015 5:41:43 PM

Great story.

Of course, it would have been better if it was true. Or even remotely credible.

Because You were there & know for a Fact, the story is False.....
Opinions are like AH's, everyone has one.......

When I was 16, I was working at my Dad's full service gas station. As I was pumping gas into a car, guy walked up & pulled a large fixed blade knife, telling me to open the till.... I don't know why I responded like I did, but I did...

I pulled the Nozzle of the Gas Pump, out of the Car, & squirted the guy with Gas... At the same time I pulled the Zippo Lighter out of my pocket & flipped it open.. The guy ran off, dripping of Gasoline.. It may or may not have been a stupid thing for me to do.. I just reacted to the situation at the time....
 villabolos
Msg: 1348
Posted: 10/10/2015 7:43:29 PM
The story is made up?? Really???
You mean like the Planned Parenthood tapes were fakes??
Snopes, salon.com, plannedparenthood.com,and huffingtonpost didn't put anything up about it, so you can't check it, can you??
I'll tell you what... Come to Texas, get a teaching job, and get caught on a school district's property with a weapon. Then report back on what happens.

You liberal do-gooders will not accept the fact that weapons have prevented and stopped crimes...they are a deterrant.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1349
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2015 7:49:04 PM
Well...um...like...I can be out in the wild living primitively, and build a bow and arrow out of a little tree. Make a container for making practical volumes of drinkable water in the ground using dirt and rocks.

And if you try to mess with me at night, you will be that "pizza robber getting an extra topping". If my bear/feline/wolf traps don't kill you, I'll take care of you myself and smoke your flesh and snack on you for a week afterwards.

Word.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 1350
Posted: 10/10/2015 8:05:38 PM

The story is made up?? Really???

Look buddy, lots of people here lie. Even people who actually put pictures of themselves up. Though it's more likely with a faceless profile. But most other people put a little effort into it. I'm not offended that you're lieing here; I'm insulted that you're not even trying.
 deetristate
Msg: 1351
Posted: 10/11/2015 3:55:53 AM
In other words,Villa, you gave a truly valid example and made a valid point.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1352
Posted: 10/11/2015 6:06:13 AM
Yes, I know, I shouldn't be taking up bandwidth to discuss cars off-topically :)

Actually, "Ford AND OTHERS" did "build race cars". American Muscle Cars, Randy Leffingwell, page 34:

"the second Cobra built went back to Dearborn, and Ford engineers worked with Shelby's newly hired chief engineer Phil Remington. Together they sorted out the problems and continued entering races and along about mid 1962 a paying customer took delivery of the first "production" Cobra."

Yes, Ford might provide a "body in white" (ie, the race team wasn't hammering them out from scratch like say Boyd Coddington), it would work with subcontractors like Kar Kraft for the Boss 429 street car, Bud Moore or Holman & Moody and others for the 1964 1/2 427 Galaxie and other NASCAR cars, Shelby with the GT 40 project, or it might just offer the first 50 Cobra Jets in 1968 (or again a few years ago in supercharged form), and the final customer (ie, "others") would finish Ford's raw material to their specifications.

Hot rodders also jacked up the rear of their street cars to put big tires on for the dragster look. They reduced numerically their rear gear ratio, yet some would claim the car felt faster. Not everyone's "butt-o-meter" is well tuned. just b/c someone can buy a part and bolt it on, it doesn't mean necessarily they are smarter than everyone writing books saying the same thing. YMMV.

The Monte Carlo bar was used on Falcons in the early 60's when they raced in MC, and yes, Shelby did use the brace (for shipping T-5's across the sea, known as the export bar) in 1965. It was a great help for super stiff springs inside the sheet metal shock towers, and Shelby had to homogenize the cars for Trans-American racing classes (tho they did make a drag racing version too). Were I building an independant race car in 1975 at the age of 5, I would use one of those lighter cars--less time in the pits swapping brake pads. Or skip the Mach I with a 351W for a later Mustang with the Boss 351 Cleveland, then considered a better engine. Or the 1970 Boss 302 (no cracking piston skirts), since a few years after the 1973 Gas Crisis, pony cars as well as muscle cars with that high a compression ratio weren't in high demand. The Pinto with an Ak Miller turbo setup or a Pangra was just getting started about that time, but then it would be a brand new car to purchase, as well. higher initial cost. but hey, that's all assuming a fancypants racer plans first, acts second.

I'll try my best to avoid taking up everyone's time talking cars in the future, swear on a case of 10W40 :)

I did miss the details about Purplerider, ya got me there. A stopped clock is right twice a day :)

As for narcistic losers converting bolt action rifles from the 1800's into full auto, or re-engineering lever action rifles, they sure do seem to lean away from that, towards easily purchased "black rifles" that can be converted much easier. Probably can't get mom's dremel drill kit to match the tolerances needed to re-engineer a lever action into a 30 round mag snackin', full auto rock-n-roller. It could be said, if that's all they had to work with, they might just stick with trolling internet sites and mentally masturbating others.

as for the teacher who got fired for carrying a weapon...yep, that sure sucks. Beats getting shot while turning around to pull a weapon out of a concealed spot, but its not fair they have to just hand over the wallet in order to keep their job and bennies. I have friends working in prisons who have to give up certain rights to do things, too. I won't say its fair, but if some teacher pulls a weapon on a kid for a reason other than self defense, or the punk gets their hands on the teacher's weapon...then one might wish the law had been in place.

typically, there's a law b/c some lunkhead did something stupid at some prior time.

can a weapon be used for self defense? sure. Prisoners make shanks out of everyday materials. Urban youth make single shot zip guns out of a pipe and a nail for a firing pin. most self defense you know came from a feudal nation taken over by Japan who banned knives, so the farmers had to use pitchforks (Sai) and other tools and their hands and feet to defend themselves. Some people use their brains (don't go into dangerous places), and there's quite a few self defense teachers out there who point out, if someone's threatening your life over the dollars in your wallet....just give them the damn wallet. Credit cards can be replaced, a bullet in the spine, not so much.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 1353
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2015 1:38:52 PM

As for narcistic losers converting bolt action rifles from the 1800's into full auto, or re-engineering lever action rifles, they sure do seem to lean away from that, towards easily purchased "black rifles" that can be converted much easier.

Once again with the Fancypany College logic. Just admit it, you don't understand the principles on how a semi/full auto firearm works. I said you can connect a modern semi auto Rifle to a Bolt Action Rifle & I was correct.....
A regular Bolt Action Rifle, your hand provides the turning motion to unlock the Action. The next step was a Straight Pull Bolt Action Rifle, where you pull straight back on the Operating Handle & a Cam provides the Turning/Rotating motion to unlock the Action. That was the Big Step. The use of Gas or Recoil from the firing the Rifle, was a minor step forward at that point.

Discussing Firearms with You is like discussing String Theory, with a First Grader.......

typically, there's a law b/c some lunkhead did something stupid at some prior time.

As anyone who reads a lot of Your Posts, you're a lover of the Nanny State & think they should control Your Life....
Cradle to Grave, & everything in between...
There are Millions of Codes, Regulations, & laws on the Books.... Most of them put there, because some Busy Body, wants to Control Everyone Else..... Others of Us, for the most part, just want to be left alone...

You could be a un-convicted Felon & not even know You broke one of those laws...
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1354
Posted: 10/12/2015 7:57:47 PM
BBEisBack...one of the funniest things we get to read on this Forum is when hoplophobes visit to talk firearms.
I laugh, and laugh, and laugh with each breathless post. They do post some hilariously priceless comedy material!

congupnaroad
Msg: 1355
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2015 12:28:39 AM

...one of the funniest things we get to read on this Forum is when hoplophobes visit to talk firearms.
I laugh, and laugh, and laugh with each breathless post. They do post some hilariously priceless comedy material!

Even funnier are the priceless and childish Strawman arguments put up by the anti-gun control crowd. Even sadder is that they will not even acknowledge that there is a gun violence epidemic in their own country, let alone offer any constructive ideas on how to reduce it.

Like that clown in Oregon that said something like "If there had of been a gun in that classroom this tragedy would not have happened!". Now that is really clever!

Mass shooting=More guns in society.

What about this one?

Less guns in society=Less gun violence.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1356
Posted: 10/13/2015 8:58:21 AM
Gosh, you forget your own words. It might help to increase the Airicept if this is happening often to you. You didn't post you could connect the two ideas.

In message 1417, BBE says: "An M1 Garand Rifle or an M16 rifle are basically a Bolt Action Rifle converted to Semi or Full Auto Fire".

Not descended from in basic design, not connected in general design, nothing historical reaching back to 1890. Merely a basic conversion of a bolt action rifle into a full auto or semi auto, mimicking an M16 rifle. Since post 1417, this sentence has been stretched like Silly Putty. But, hey, if that's the only way you can win, so be it, I guess. You should go back to all the way when a bow held vertically is replaced by a crossbow held horiztonally against a shoulder. That's also a design change that led to the M16....eventually. Hey, don't forget the Nazis and the MP44, either. Let's throw in everyone.

constructive ideas on how to reduce gun violence in America? Yeah, there's been a lot of suggestions. Even after 9/11, the Bush Adminstration considered trying to trace any guns owned by the hijackers, but other Republicans stepped in to stop that level of hunting potential terrorists. But, gee, its nice of you to ignore the proposals made over and over and pretend they haven't been offered. "Poor arguing and debating", indeed.

As "a lover of the nanny state"? gosh,you just posted about taking a tax deduction on a costly truck. That's accepting a government handout to offset the cost of a vehicle. Everyone in America profits from the "interference" of the government, we wouldn't do well in a country that has no or ineffective government, like most war zones have. The computer you use to type your response can be traced back to the shrinking of computers (via replaceing vacuum tubes) during the race into space. Who did that? oh right, the nanny state did that. And if you use GPS, thank that nanny state b/c no one in the private sector was going into space and creating new technology to do it. Internet? thank DARPA and the C3I program for after a nuclear war.

Cradle to grave, I suppose that's from immunization programs to regulations of funeral homes. Yeah, I like that, and so does everyone else who's benefited from it. they actually don't want to be left alone by it. If you'd rather be left alone,fine, don't take the handouts and subsidies.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 1357
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2015 1:47:05 PM

Posted by GTOMustang:#1434
Gosh, you forget your own words. It might help to increase the Airicept if this is happening often to you. You didn't post you could connect the two ideas.

Lets go back & see why I said that.....

Posted by GTOMustang:#1412
In other words...conversion isn't difficult to a point of being impossible. Converting a bolt action to full auto, yeah, that might be considered "near impossible".

To which I replied....

Posted by BBEisBack:#1417
An M1 Garand Rifle or an M16 rifle are basically a Bolt Action Rifle converted to Semi or Full Auto Fire

Basically: : in a general or basic way......
The Basic Principle of how those Rifles Operate. A Rifle with a Rotating Bolt, that uses Gas to Operate the Rifles Functions... You show you can't see the Abstract Concept of how these things work. No where did I say they were Literally a Bolt Action converted to Semi/Full Auto. Just in there most Basic Way, their Operating principles were such...

Lets go back once again to Your Post that started this.....

Posted by GTOMustang:#1412
In other words...conversion isn't difficult to a point of being impossible. Converting a bolt action to full auto, yeah, that might be considered "near impossible".

Even though You changed Your statement from "Near Impossible" to "Practically Impossible", I showed that Great Britain & their Colonies thought the idea Practical Enough to rebuild converted Bolt Action Rifles as Light Machine Guns..

In another of My Posts, I showed this is Factually Correct......

Posted by BBEisBack:#1420
Oh let me add it was SO IMPRACTICAL to do, that no one did, Right? Lets look at Great Britain & their Colonies...
Charlton Automatic Rifle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Automatic_Rifle
Rieder Automatic Rifle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rieder_Automatic_Rifle
Howell Automatic Rifle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howell_Automatic_Rifle
Huot Automatic Rifle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huot_Automatic_Rifle

It seems some Governments in a time of Need, didn't think Converting Existing Bolt Action Rifles was a complete waste of their time, & they didn't seem to need to replace as much as You seem to think they did....

I made the Statement without doing any Research, first, because I could see the Connection, when You couldn't. After You tried to suggest I was on Drugs, for that Statement... I went out and found Proof to Support My Statement.....

Another thing, I guess You & Your Fancypanys College Education, finds the Simple Quote System of this Forum, to be too hard for You to use.....

But thank you for Playing..... It helps to play these types of mind Games, to keep ones Brain, firing on all cylinders.... You should try & stretch your mind a bit, then maybe You could Connect the Dots, too....
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1358
Posted: 10/13/2015 4:01:34 PM

Posted by Rob_Australia / Congupnaroad:
"...they will not even acknowledge that there is a gun violence epidemic in their own country, let alone offer any constructive ideas on how to reduce it..."

We don't have a gun problem. We have a criminal problem.
Some thugs should be tossed into prison and the key discarded...yet Liberals won't go for that idea.

Posted by Rob_Australia / Congupnaroad:
"What about this one? Less guns in society=Less gun violence."

It is rather funny coming from a man who has posted rather frequently about murdering domesticated cats.
Countless studies indicate people who abuse domesticated animals are prone to violence against humans.
 StarClassic
Msg: 1359
Posted: 10/14/2015 7:45:14 AM

Some thugs should be tossed into prison and the key discarded...yet Liberals won't go for that idea.

While it makes sense, I can't Completely agree with it.
Any violent recidivist felons should get three appeals and then be made to dance on the wire. I would say the same of child molesters.

Oh, BBE. I didn't read All of the senseless dribble, but I think you forgot to mention the Pederson Devise for the cut 1903. ;)
 _babblefish
Msg: 1360
Posted: 10/14/2015 2:25:43 PM

BBEisBack...one of the funniest things we get to read on this Forum is when hoplophobes visit to talk firearms.

For every U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan during 11 years of war, at least 13 children were shot and killed in America.

More than 450 kids didn’t make it to kindergarten.

Another 2,700 or more were killed by a firearm before they could sit behind the wheel of a car.

Every day, on average, seven children were shot dead.

A News21 investigation of child and youth deaths in America between 2002 and 2012 found that at least 28,000 children and teens 19-years-old and younger were killed with guns. Teenagers between the ages of 15 and 19 made up over two-thirds of all youth gun deaths in America.

you have a rather macabre sense of humour Eric
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1361
Posted: 10/14/2015 2:34:03 PM

Posted by _babblefish:
"...between 2002 and 2012 found that at least 28,000 children and teens 19-years-old and younger were killed with guns. Teenagers between the ages of 15 and 19 made up over two-thirds of all youth gun deaths in America..."

Without knowing the credentials of "News21" whomever they are...they did apparently discover their research indicates those killing or killed in the 2002-2012 span were likely engaged in FELONY crimes and were likely gangbangers.
 congupnaroad
Msg: 1362
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2015 3:09:24 PM

We don't have a gun problem. We have a criminal problem.
Some thugs should be tossed into prison and the key discarded...yet Liberals won't go for that idea

You don't have a gun problem? Are you hiding under a rock?

It is rather funny coming from a man who has posted rather frequently about murdering domesticated cats.
Countless studies indicate people who abuse domesticated animals are prone to violence against humans

Nice Strawman! What domesticated cats?
 kj521
Msg: 1363
Posted: 10/14/2015 5:31:58 PM
"Nice Strawman!"

No sir, Mr. Rob!

That is NOT an example of a nice Strawman. The scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz is a nice Strawman.....

But someone who posts about ideations of murdering innocent kitty cats.....well....that's a.....Not So Nice Sickman! :(
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 1364
Posted: 12/2/2015 6:58:31 PM
Sadness for the decent people of San Bernardino, California suffering the attack earlier today.
Those poor innocent people who lost their lives simply attending a work Christmas party.
This will likely be a remarkable story as more details are learned by local police and the FBI working the case.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1365
Posted: 12/2/2015 7:05:48 PM
yeah, Colorado Part II and now this. But bodyarmor and a working getaway plan? as they say in the movies, "That's not a good sign". Amateurs and true believers don't think that far ahead, these slime really wanted to survive this.

i'll correct that a little, as I post this the theory on Reuters is someone left the party after a dispute, then returned with two others. a male and female suspect were shot off site during a chase. perhaps it wasn't paramilitary or otherwise trained professionals, more like those bank robbers from years back, who the police took down by raiding local gun shops for heavier weaponry. The scene copied later in the movie "Heat", I believe.
 OswaldSpengler
Msg: 1366
Posted: 12/2/2015 7:55:37 PM
Hmmm. No one wants to say the obvious about San B. As a home is getting tossed ; how long can an apologetic media hide basic facts from the public. Moral? How long can an omega male leader "wet the bed" and deny terror? Moral?
 ChaoticSphere
Msg: 1367
Posted: 12/2/2015 9:45:03 PM
I have a variety of “media” sources that I follow specifically to avoid reaching a conclusion based on media bias. Early in the reporting with the San Bernardino shootings, one source reported that “3 White Males” were responsible for the shootings and wanted by the police. This is when all other media sources couldn’t provide any information based on race, motive, etc. Most reported it was weird because they had “no” information to report on the suspects, specifically because the suspects had on ski masks. Another source reported on Planned Parenthood (obvious similar implications of a White Male) in the San Bernardino area when all other media sources were reporting on the actual shooting scene.

Clearly, another example of what is labeled as “objective media” confirms itself to be a complete farce and purely agenda driven.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 1368
Posted: 12/10/2015 9:29:59 AM
also a whacked out woman with a CCW in Michigan I believe some weeks ago pulled out her pistol and opened up on a shoplifter in the parking lot of a Home Depot.

brilliant, spray shots with a high probability of hitting innocent bystanders to try to shoot in the back an unarmed non dangerous shoplifter..
 gtomustang
Msg: 1369
Posted: 12/10/2015 11:56:50 AM
and imagine the cop who answers the call, rolling up and having to decide which gun holder is the dangerous bad guy.

Hint: every stranger holding a gun is a problem for the cop trying to regain law and order. Ask a cop if you don't believe me.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.