Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 176
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.Page 8 of 58    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

I don't see how you have the nerve to call ANYONE (especially HondoGal) stupid or crazy?

Easy really, have you read her posts? She's a racist, she's a bigot and she's scared of her own shadow. She posted pages railing on the Ebola epidemic and how all Americans were going to die of Ebola and it was all the fault of the President (who is black, and she's a racist). She has the "sky is falling" mentality. She wants women to pack guns. When ever something happens, she takes the worst possible angle on it and just runs her mouth off. Yup, batshyt crazy.

And the "my uncle got robbed" or "my second cousin's aunt got raped" or "I knew a guy who knew a guy who was beat up" or "I heard on the news". Geezus. If we all lived our lives in fear like this we'd all be....oh wait, some of you already are....scared of your shadows.
 _babblefish
Msg: 177
Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.
Posted: 1/23/2015 8:44:55 AM

And the "my uncle got robbed" or "my second cousin's aunt got raped" or "I knew a guy who knew a guy who was beat up" or "I heard on the news". Geezus. If we all lived our lives in fear like this we'd all be....oh wait, some of you already are....scared of your shadows.

indeed they are,

I have to ask myself do I continue to mock a group of people that quite frankly don't really know what to do? that their imploding façade and/or veneer is cracking revealing a third world country camouflaged as a top dog . . it must be extremely stressful, so sad, at times a fun country to visit, but I always let out an audible sigh once I cross back
into Canada
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 178
Posted: 1/23/2015 8:49:54 AM

Posted by Bluemoon24_7:
"And the 'my uncle got robbed' or 'my second cousin's aunt got raped' or 'I knew a guy who knew a guy who was beat up' or 'I heard on the news'. Geezus. If we all lived our lives in fear like this we'd all be....oh wait, some of you already are....scared of your shadows."

What would you suppose is the driving this fear about being in the presence of law-abiding gunowners?
Why not live and let live? A person who has CCW credentials is by definition a law-abiding person.
They aren't hurting anyone.

That is the additional beauty of CCW legislation even for people who wish NOT to own/carry a firearm.
Criminals don't know who has a weapon, who doesn't, who is LEO, and who isn't. It bolsters law-abiding decent folks.
For the purposes of this thread, people should be happy a hard-working woman was saved from rape, robbery, or worse from a criminal who attacked her and was brought to justice...primarily by her choice NOT to be a victim.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2015 9:32:29 AM

Why not live and let live?

In the context of this thread, that's a grimly ironic question.

Do you realise that in the US about 100 children under 14 are shot and killed 'accidentally' every year?

Why not live and let live indeed.
Or at least try to minimise and control the obvious danger.

Speaking of which...

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Yes, and lawnmowers don't mow lawns, people do.
But, obviously, it's a lot easier, more convenient, and faster to mow vast areas of lawn using a lawnmower.

Equally obviously, crowds of people with high-capacity lawnmowers will be able to mow down, efficiently and with impressive speed, unimaginably large swathes of grass.

Think about this ^^^ for a second or two, maybe you'll get some insight into why bumper-sticker catchphrases are not good substitutes for reasoning.

Ponder this too...

Lawn darts don't injure children, people do.
Yet, after a few... just a few... injuries caused by people with lawn darts - your country banned them as an obvious danger to the public.

The focus on '2nd amendment rights' is all very well, but no declaration of rights should abrogate the necessity to actually be sensible.

Following Recent Injury CPSC Reissues Warning: Lawn Darts Are Banned and Should Be Destroyed
May 15, 1997
After a recent serious injury caused by a lawn dart, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reissued its warning that lawn darts are banned and should be destroyed. Effective on December 19, 1988, CPSC banned the sale of all lawn darts in the United States. Pointed lawn darts, intended for use in an outdoor game, have been responsible for the deaths of three children.
http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Newsroom/News-Releases/1997/Following-Recent-Injury-CPSC-Reissues-Warning-Lawn-Darts-Are-Banned-and-Should-Be-Destroyed/

Gosh! Three children killed! Three innocent lives snuffed out too soon.

Meanwhile...

The tragedy of children killed accidentally by guns in the US is laid bare in new research that shows that as many as 100 boys and girls aged 14 and under are dying each year, substantially more than federal statistics have previously suggested.
Paradoxically, eight out of 10 of the deaths occurred in places where children are supposed to be coddled and safe: their homes or in homes of relatives, or in the family car.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/25/us-accidental-gun-deaths-100-children-yearly

That's ^^^ about two children being shot and killed 'accidentally' every week.
But discard the 'accidental' part and increase the age catchment to 18 and you get a vastly expanded pile of corpses.

Guns and kids: the youngest casualties of America's infatuation with firearms

The cover of the recent Children's Defense Fund report (http://www.childrensdefense.org/child-research-data-publications/data/protect-children-not-guns-2013.pdf) on gun violence in the United States carries a single statistic:

The number of children and teens killed by guns in one year would fill 134 classrooms of 20 students each.

That's just a more dramatic way of stating an already staggering figure – 2,694 in 2010.

• One child or teen died every 3 hours and 15 minutes
• Seven children and teens died every day, more than 20 every three days
• Fifty-one children and teens died every week

Other times, the same set of statistics (all from the Centers for Disease Control) is used to drive home the magnitude of the tragedy, relating it to the kinds of violence we think we understand:

"Nearly three times more children and teens were injured by guns in 2010 than the number of US soldiers wounded in action that year in the war in Afghanistan; 82 children under five died from guns in 2010, compared to 55 law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty."

And then, there's the shameful comparison to other countries:

"US children and teens are 17 times more likely to die from a gun than their peers in 25 other high-income countries combined."

Put it slightly differently:

"US children and teens made up 43% of all children and teens in these 26 countries but were 93% of all children and teens killed by guns."

....the United States, despite a meekly gratifying downward trend, continues to kill its young people with guns at rate more in line with war-torn nations than the prosperous, peaceful countries we presume to lead. In a different, but equally upsetting report, the World Health Organization observed (http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/violence/world_report/en/summary_en.pdf):

"With the notable exception of the United States, most countries with youth homicide rates above 10 per 100,000 are either developing countries or countries caught up in the turmoil of social and economic change."

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/10/guns-kids-casualties-america

Live, and let live hey? Your bumper-sticker catchphrase that 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people' should more accurately say 'Guns don't kill people, but the evidence suggests people with ready access to guns do. They kill quite a lot of people, including lots of children, both intentionally and carelessly'.
 gtomustang
Msg: 180
Posted: 1/23/2015 9:38:09 AM
I understand the desire not to be so close to an assailant to be able to use pepperspray. However in some states (I haven't checked lately), if you aren't in a few feets, you have room to run and your right to self defense gets limited. My home state used to require, if attacked in your own home, you had to prove you couldn't escape and call the police. Few muggers want to stand 10 feet away, it tends to attract notice from witnesses. Better to get up close, and while most martial arts were designed for young, limber soldiers, sometimes a simple knee-to-balls meeting can accomplish amazing wonders--depending upon how we misspent our youth, we may have seen a fight end with this.

As for women and guns in the home, my mother was awakened at age 18 to two gunshots. Her despondant father (wife passed away, left debts in town, then lost his job at the factory) had killed his youngest daughter he could no longer take care of, left my mother alone since she was old enough to mary, then killed himself. So yeah, these things happened. Like if my mother had her own gun, she would have defended herself by shooting her own father.

unfortunately, there isn't a solution that fits every situation. The NRA used to pass around a study that arrested robbers worried which homeowner carried a gun. What the NRA failed to include was that the robbers just worked during the day when owneres were away at work. I remember a gun owner lamenting to me he wished he could walk around with his weapons in a golf bag for all the different scenarios that came up on a big farm--"hey caddie, there's an issue at 300 yards, what iron do you recommend?" "Oh, I would suggest the scoped Weatherby for this one, sah. Let me take off the sock and hand it over."

Criminals don't know who's armed, who's not...and neither do LEO's. Keep that in mind when you dial 9-1-1, be real clear you are on the scene and armed. Tho I should say, both times in my life so far, when a driver of a car I was in hit a deer and the townie cop showed up and decided to put it out of its misery on someone's front lawn....I was always shocked the cop didn't walk up to the front door of the property FIRST, and warn any potential gun owner that he or she was going to hear some shots fired on their front lawn. Luckily nothing "bad" ever happened, b/c I was already standing behind the engine block of the car when I saw that coming down--not like I was going to intervene :)
 aj7125
Msg: 181
Posted: 1/23/2015 9:49:00 AM
"Nope, as it is just a case of a gun nut taking his sidearm to Wal-mart."

^^^^HFX

Was it because he was black? Is this a race issue, Mr Daniels was not waving the gun around, he never had it out of his holster. His RIGHT to carry, his PERMIT to carry. Is this a racist white liberal who talks like these other liberals in these posts? Looks like HFX supports this white vigilante to harm another person illegally, are there others in here who support this white THUG accosting this black man? You see, when it comes to racism or someone harming others when there are FACTS, then we have a starting point as to who exactly is at fault. Pretty simple stuff, "the truth will set you free".

I hope Mr Daniels sues this Michael Foster.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 182
Posted: 1/23/2015 10:04:31 AM
LyingCheat...for the examples you gave about lawnmowers, automobiles, and even lawn darts...I concur that if any of them are used in a criminal manner, the PERSON doing the crime should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

The other concept to bear in mind is citizens of the United States of America have these rights guaranteed by the words written very clearly in the Constitution. That document and its contents are revered in this country.
 chameleonf
Msg: 183
Posted: 1/23/2015 10:23:07 AM

What the NRA failed to include was that the robbers just worked during the day when owneres were away at work.

...and a number of those robbers were/are robbing guns from legally registered gun owners' homes, then going on to create the statistics of children and teens posted at the bottom of message 191. I see a vicious circle having been created.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 184
Posted: 1/23/2015 10:37:27 AM
So now people also wish to blame innocent victims due to their houses being robbed by brazen criminals?
The clear solution here is to apprehend, arrest, prosecute, and imprison those proven evildoers in society.
Boy howdy!
 robaustralia
Msg: 185
Posted: 1/23/2015 11:05:37 AM

The other concept to bear in mind is citizens of the United States of America have these rights guaranteed by the words written very clearly in the Constitution. That document and its contents are revered in this country.

Does the US constitution also state that a person has the right to go to his local gun dealer and purchase a AR-15 with unlimited supplies of ammunition and then go to your local primary school and blow away as many children as possible?

Can you please point out where those words are clearly written in your revered Constitution?

I wouldn't be proud of a constitution that allows such abhorrent things to happen. Obama tried to introduce legislation to curb gun violence, to which he needs to be applauded, but alas it fell on deaf ears because the wussies in Congress were scared they might lose their seats.

Heavily influenced by the nut jobs of the NRA, who BTW do not class an AR-15 as an assault weapon.

Next time there is a mass shooting in the US, which unfortunately is only a matter of time, the wussies in Congress and the NRA should be charged with murder.
But alas I can envision it now, their defence will be "we have the right to bear arms"
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2015 11:10:17 AM

The simple equation is poverty=crime...urban and rural poverty=crime...heroin and crack drug crime in the cities and methamphetamine drug crime in the rural communities....drug dealing is generally the only well paying jobs for the urban and rural poor.....deal with poverty and crime goes way down....Educate the poor, they then have marketable skills, thus emerging from poverty.

I would agree with the above statement generally.Your certainly right about drug dealer being a lucrative profession in the inner city.

But in the last 20 years , possibly due to culture(rap culture, etc) I have seen crime actually follow the middle class from the inner city. I don't know how it is in your parts but here on long Island there has been what I would call 'inner city' flight(similar to white flight).

Eric being in NJ probably knows what I am talking about. You had blacks and other minorities who became middle class move from the projects to certain communities in the suburbs in large numbers and the crime has followed. Mostly due to the children still being members of certain gangs. So you have a criminal class of middle class. The parents are often distraught about it. And the whites end up moving out as the crime rate in their precious community increases . There is a joke, just follow the LIRR.

We even have a housing project in Southern Brooklyn that is considered a midle class project. But again, same crap! If I show you a crime map of the area you will see most of the felonies happen right next to the project. The area is a middle class /upper class area where you can't get a home for under 600k and the homes surround the project. But the difference in crime is night and day. Still much lower than other projects in the city.
 chameleonf
Msg: 187
Posted: 1/23/2015 11:10:22 AM

So now people also wish to blame innocent victims due to their houses being robbed by brazen criminals?
The clear solution here is to apprehend, arrest, prosecute, and imprison those proven evildoers in society.

The point being made is that the guns are being robbed from homes or gun shops where no one is using them in that moment to protect themselves. Those guns, that just have to be had, which aren't protecting anyone while being stolen, are often being used against them by the very criminals they cry they are protecting themselves from, or are being used by adults and teens who robbed to get them against other teens and adults, either accidentally or intentionally. The owners whose guns are robbed are a victim of a robbery at the time, but they have unwittingly, in their legalized right to own or sell a gun, created further victimization of others and potentially themselves by their perceived need express their "right". So yes, those "innocent victims" are, in effect, somewhat to blame in the end for their own paranoia that caused them to get a gun in the first place - ergo vicious circle of gun violence.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 188
Posted: 1/23/2015 11:22:56 AM

Posted by RobAustralia:
"Does the US constitution also state that a person has the right to go to his local gun dealer and purchase a AR-15 with unlimited supplies of ammunition and then go to your local primary school and blow away as many children as possible?"

Now that is just silly-talk!
Take a deep breath and compose yourself.

Posted by RobAustralia:
"I wouldn't be proud of a constitution that allows such abhorrent things to happen."

Citizens of the United States of America rather love our freedoms assured by our beloved Constitution.

Posted by RobAustralia:
"Heavily influenced by the nut jobs of the NRA, who BTW do not class an AR-15 as an assault weapon."

The AR-15 is not classified as an assault weapon because it is *not* an assault weapon.
It does not have capability for multi-burst fire or full-automatic fire. It is a very simple semi-automatic civilian rifle.

Posted by RobAustralia:
"...Congress and the NRA should be charged with murder...."

Excellent point.
When you identify a criminal case where Congress and the NRA should be charged with murder, call the appropriate prosecutor here to advise them that you have usable evidence in a murder case and present your evidence to him/her so they can use it as part of their comprehensive criminal investigation.
 robaustralia
Msg: 189
Posted: 1/23/2015 12:11:00 PM

Citizens of the United States of America rather love our freedoms assured by our beloved Constitution.

And I'm sure the family and friends of the victims of mass shootings are particularly proud of the freedoms endowed on the nut jobs who commit the mass shootings.(Pfft!)

The AR-15 is not classified as an assault weapon because it is *not* an assault weapon.
It does not have capability for multi-burst fire or full-automatic fire. It is a very simple semi-automatic civilian rifle.

A very simple semi-automatic civilian rifle that is very efficient at killing civilians. Would you also claim that the Russian SKS which is also semi-automatic is not an assault weapon? What about an M1 carbine? What about an SLR?

But I guess it is perfectly OK for a mass shooter to use an AR-15 because it is only a very simple civilian rifle.
Do you think it is a coincidence that the AR-15 uses the .223 NATO round, which surprisingly is considered extremely efficient for killing humans?
 nocrapzone
Msg: 190
Posted: 1/23/2015 12:14:37 PM
yes, guns are tools, and one of their purposes is to kill
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2015 12:30:59 PM
Nail guns can be scary also!

Use a hammer!
 gtomustang
Msg: 192
Posted: 1/23/2015 1:39:35 PM
Americans love what's offered in our Constitution? Oh, you mean in the Amendments section. Yeah, we really love the one banning booze, that's why we got rid of it.

"The AR-15 is not classified as an assault weapon because it is *not* an assault weapon"

allow me to introduce you to the $99 option known as, "bumpfire"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD213VW6WjY

You can use this on any "black rifle". Recoil allows the semi-automatic trigger mechanism to release and reapply. Wouldn't do much on a bolt-action, wouldn't be impressive on a double barrel b/c it wouldn't blow thru 30 rounds. totally legal.

Funny thing, no one every loads up a 1903 Springfield rifle with all that crap everyone puts on their Armalite hoping to look like a GI-wanna-be. Yet the '03 was a military rifle--can still keep up to an M-21 in the right hands and with similar prep. Why does everyone buy all that "furniture" for their Busheater rifle?

Oh yeah. because it looks like an "assault rifle".

as for America's ancient history of packing heat....remind me again what the gunfight at the OK Corral was really about? Wild West towns wanting law and order tended to get you to turn in your hawlegs as soon as they could. Drunk driving wasn't a problem since the horse knew his way home, but drunk and armed? Yeah not so easy to solve.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 193
Posted: 1/23/2015 1:51:11 PM

lyingcheat:
The focus on '2nd amendment rights' is all very well, but no declaration of rights should abrogate the necessity to actually be sensible.

Here We have another 'Subject of the Crown' who doesn't understand the Difference between Rights & Privileges....
Your Countries didn't become Truly Free Nations till the 1980's.... It's easy to see how You don't understand what it means to be a Free Citizen..... Y'all have been Subjects for Most Your Countries History....

Do you realise that in the US about 100 children under 14 are shot and killed 'accidentally' every year?

This doesn't even make the Top 10 reasons of Accidental Deaths of children....
Number 1 is Motor Vehicle Collisions.......

Ban Motor Vehicle Travel, if it saves One Child's Life, it worth it....

Number 2 is Drownings.....

You want to save Children's Lives... Ban anything that can contain enough Water that a Child Could Possibly fall into & Drown..... There goes Your Bathtub, buckets, swimming pools..

Better give up that big Stock Pot in Your Kitchen.........

robaustralia: Heavily influenced by the nut jobs of the NRA, who BTW do not class an AR-15 as an assault weapon.

A Assault Weapon is a made up Term to describe a Class of Firearms by Their Cosmetic Features. It was made up to describe Firearms, mainly Rifles, that had the Cosmetic Features of their Military Counterparts. the main difference was the Real Military Rifles were Selective Fire.... They had the Capability to fire Full Auto & Semi Auto, where a AW was Semi Auto, only. The Anti Gun People saw the use of this Term in Gun magazines of the Time & Latched on to the Term for Fear Mongering Purposes. To someone who doesn't understand Firearms a Assault Weapon sounds so much more Scary than a Semi Auto Rifle. Semi Auto Rifles have been around since 1885.

It doesn't help when some Media Outlet goes to a Friendly Police Organization, who for Political Reasons, supports Their agenda of Gun Control, and Films them Firing a Full Auto Rifle & Reports it as a Assault Weapon.

babblefish:
it must be extremely stressful, so sad, at times a fun country to visit, but I always let out an audible sigh once I cross back
into Canada

As traveling South of the Border causes You such Distress, You could just stay North of the Border.....

adventurejoe70:
But in the last 20 years , possibly due to culture(rap culture, etc) I have seen crime actually follow the middle class from the inner city.

20 Years ago My Cousins living in BFE Iowa, thought they were safe from the Inter City Problems of Drugs & Gangs, till problems with Drugs & Gangs infiltrated their Schools & Neighborhoods....
 robaustralia
Msg: 194
Posted: 1/23/2015 2:29:06 PM

Here We have another 'Subject of the Crown' who doesn't understand the Difference between Rights & Privileges....
Your Countries didn't become Truly Free Nations till the 1980's.... It's easy to see how You don't understand what it means to be a Free Citizen..... Y'all have been Subjects for Most Your Countries History....

Couldn't refute anything LC said so you had to resort to a vague ad hominem eh? It is easy to see you don't understand rational discourse.However granting citizens the rights and resources to commit mass shootings must be something you are tremendously proud of.

I knew some jerker would try and refute what an "assault" rifle actually was.The nut jobs at the NRA claim that someone can fire 30 rounds from a bolt action rifle just as quickly as from the AR-15 civilian assault rifle. Well that is physically impossible.

Trouble is the wussies in the Congress believe them. It was just more BS the NRA made up so they wouldn't lose their precious toys, which are only extensions of their very small peckers.

Here is a question for ya? If you can't legally go hunting with an AR-15, why does anyone need to own one? Perhaps one day they plan to go hunting humans, in which case they have the perfect weapon in the AR-15 civilian ASSAULT rifle.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 195
Posted: 1/23/2015 2:44:18 PM

Was it because he was black? Is this a race issue, Mr Daniels was not waving the gun around, he never had it out of his holster. His RIGHT to carry, his PERMIT to carry. Is this a racist white liberal who talks like these other liberals in these posts? Looks like HFX supports this white vigilante to harm another person illegally, are there others in here who support this white THUG accosting this black man? You see, when it comes to racism or someone harming others when there are FACTS, then we have a starting point as to who exactly is at fault. Pretty simple stuff, "the truth will set you free".

Are you really that stupid or are you just trolling that hard?

If not please show where I suggested anywhere that this had anything to do with race.

Because I used this as an example of how people can act around people who carry guns, as it goes directly to the point of a creating a level of fear where people will act irrationally.

So then the question remains, if I did not bring is up as a race issue, why did you try to make it one?
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 196
Posted: 1/23/2015 2:47:54 PM
All right you guyz! I don't mind you taking pot-shots at Handigal. She's been begging for it for long. What I don't like is including in *other* old ladies! Some of us are *just fine*. . . .

Both of the gun deaths I knew personally were killed by "empty" guns. In seventh grade, came to school, and the boy who sat in front of me in home room didn't. His brother had been showing his bud his dad's gun. He's scooted Rex upstairs. Rex had circled around and was peering through a basement window when his brother dropped the gun, blowing the front part of his skull away. A dozen years later, a friend's hubby showing off his new Christmas gun took aim at the wall, pulled the trigger, and BLAM! The bullet hit a nail in the wall, ricocheted, and blew the back of her head off. (She'd started up the stairs of their split level.)

I grew up during the A-Bomb scares, and we were all taught to get under our desks and pray. Several of our neighbors were building bomb shelters. Someone asked my dad if he would. Nope. Why not? Because come the bomb, my family's in the shelter, and the neighbors who haven't built them are going to come over. So I'd have to shoot my neighbors. Not gonna do it.

Not one single thing I own is worth killing another one for. Not one.

Since cars kill, and must be insured, I vote that guns need to be insured, also. I drive a twenty year old Ford Escort, well under 10,000 miles a year. I pay about $600 a year for the privilege. So seems that an automatic machine gun owner prolly should pay about twice that, at least, yearly.

Oh, and this is the wording -- A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. If the gun you own or wish you did has nothing to do with belonging to a well regulated Militia securing a free State, you do NOT have the right to own it. Any other take is self serving, and frankly, nuts.

Oh, and good for Papa John's. Too bad they cut her hours back to avoid having to give her insurance, but one step at a time.
 _babblefish
Msg: 197
Posted: 1/23/2015 2:49:11 PM

As traveling South of the Border causes You such Distress, You could just stay North of the Border.....

where did I type it caused me 'such distress' ? underoo dewd, doesn't your military require the ability to read?

I've owned recreational property in Washington State, I happen to love the San Juan Islands and have always
felt safe there, Seattle - Vancouver, not a lot of difference in culture and people of the pacific northwest, that still doesn't stop me from breathing a 'sigh' when I get "home" you gittit rite?
 robaustralia
Msg: 198
Posted: 1/23/2015 3:02:31 PM

Mk-47 ‘Mutant’: AR-15, AK-47 hybrid makes debut at Las Vegas gun show

Washingtontimes.com

Now in the Wild West they have produced a MK-47, which of course is not an assault rifle(Pfft!)

Within a day they had orders for 500. Which of course is the citizens of the Wild West exercising their constitutional rights.

Keep up the good work!, bearing in mind you now have 500 more potential mass shooters, who of course only own simple civilian semi-automatic rifles.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 199
Posted: 1/23/2015 3:04:28 PM

Robaustralia:
Couldn't refute anything LC said so you had to resort to a vague ad hominem eh? It is easy to see you don't understand rational discourse.However granting citizens the rights and resources to commit mass shootings must be something you are tremendously proud of.

Another Subject of the Crown who doesn't understand the Difference between Rights & Privileges...
My Rights are not Granted by the Government, they are Natural Rights, I have them, even if the Government doesn't recognize them..
Most likely You will never understand what it means to be a Free Citizen & will always look at things thru the Eyes of a Subject... It's too ingrained in Your Very Being.. You Can't or Won't understand the Difference between the two.....

As one of our Founding Fathers said to those who preferred to remain Subjects of the Crown.....

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
? Samuel Adams

Here is a question for ya? If you can't legally go hunting with an AR-15, why does anyone need to own one? Perhaps one day they plan to go hunting humans, in which case they have the perfect weapon in the AR-15 civilian ASSAULT rifle.

1) The 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting Rifles...

2) The AR-15 is a fine Hunting Rifle for Small Game & Chambered in 6.8SPC or 6.5Grendal, it's works good on Larger Game, such as Wild boar, Deer, & Elk....

3) If You need a more powerful Hunting Round, the AR-10 pattern Rifles fill that need.....

Here's a Song for You, because that's all You have in this discussion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyBcHUe4WeQ

woobytoodsday:
Not one single thing I own is worth killing another one for. Not one.

Who owns Your or Your Families Lives? You or the Country? I own My own Life & believe it's worth Defending, when someone else tries taking it... Mine & my Families Lives are worth more to Me than some random Criminals' life..... I have read some other People's writings where they would rather die themselves than take anothers life.....

Oh, and this is the wording -- A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. If the gun you own or wish you did has nothing to do with belonging to a well regulated Militia securing a free State, you do NOT have the right to own it. Any other take is self serving, and frankly, nuts.

That's just Your Opinion & SCOTUS disagrees with it in the Heller & McDonald Decisions...
 aj7125
Msg: 200
Posted: 1/23/2015 4:16:38 PM
HFX, the man was TACKLED in the store, he did absolutely NOTHING. I asked the question if it was about race because the man was black and he is walking in the store, doing what you would be doing in the store, WALKING. Of course you didn't bring up the possibility of a race issue with this white thug, because it doesn't fit your reasoning. The problem is a human being is walking and he gets attacked. He is living in a state where what he is doing and what he is carrying is legal. To make an excuse for this white thug is ridiculous and that is what you did. Wonder why you didn't defend this man who was attacked? Interesting to say the least. You said "Are you really that stupid", I don't think you should be looking in the mirror while you state your feelings, it doesn't reinforce positive thinking.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Armed pizza robber gets extra topping.