Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Professional Athletes      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 69
Professional AthletesPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Norwegianguy.
From your previous post you have no first hand knowledge about players paychecks. All of your info was gleaned from the internet.

Lady -- rent a clue. You can look up the average salary of (almost) anything on the Internet. I'm not arguing the guy you were banging in the 80s made 40k. It wasn't the norm. And I didn't even have the Internet then -- but you can read books and Learn things, too.

Why don't you look it up yourself on the average salary? Or major league players telling funny stories about having to use Aluminum foil for their sheets in their apartments before making it and how big of a jump it is? Players tell their stories, average salaries coming from the leagues have records, etc. It's NOT SPECULATION. You're just making an arse out of yourself.
 theoracleofdelphi
Msg: 70
Professional Athletes
Posted: 1/21/2015 4:57:28 PM
Two pro hockey players (one recently retired, the other still active in the NHL), one baseball player (peaked in AA), and honestly, I had a good time with each of them...just not enough to marry them.

And before judgements are levvied, I am not now, nor have I ever been a groupie.

In my experience, the vast majority of the guys are no different than guys in any other profession...you've got your nice guys, your players, your arrogant know-it-alls. If you are considering dating one, just think about if you would tolerate anything giving you pause from a desk jockey, teacher, construction worker, or any other average joe. The truth is, once their playing days are over and they aren't in the spotlight, that's all they are.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 71
Professional Athletes
Posted: 1/22/2015 12:25:28 PM
Norweigianguy
Lady -- rent a clue. You can look up the average salary of (almost) anything on the Internet. I'm not arguing the guy you were banging in the 80s made 40k. It wasn't the norm. And I didn't even have the Internet then -- but you can read books and Learn things, too.

Why don't you look it up yourself on the average salary? Or major league players telling funny stories about having to use Aluminum foil for their sheets in their apartments before making it and how big of a jump it is? Players tell their stories, average salaries coming from the leagues have records, etc. It's NOT SPECULATION. You're just making an arse out of yourself.

I hardly think that my disagreeing with you requires you to resort to making derogatory comments towards me. The guy I was "banging"? Really? Where did I say this? However, nice little tantrum you are throwing because someone *gasp* dares to disagree with you. Now here is a cookie. Go outside and play. Remember... just because you read it on the internet, doesn't make it real.

and the irony of it is he thinks I am being an arse.

SMH

LePew
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 72
Professional Athletes
Posted: 1/22/2015 12:43:52 PM
It's not that you disagree. It's that you're throwing an ILLOGICAL tantrum purely because you don't agree, and you refuse to look at the facts, that only requires the web browser you're replying in. Wake up -- you're digging yourself a hole. It's not even controversial, nor Has It Ever Been, lady:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/minor-leaguers-working-poor-lawsuit-mlb-bud-selig

Check out that link. Google "average minor league baseball player's salary". You'll see what hole you dug yourself in. Again, you tried Starting an argument when the Facts have stared you in the face the whole time. Hope you don't raise kids to make judgement calls like that, but instead off who they knew/dated/banged/married in said industry.
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 73
Professional Athletes
Posted: 11/14/2016 2:50:09 PM
I'm not single but I'd prefer to stay far away from pro-athletes. My co-worker enthusiastically invited me to a nightclub where Mariners and Seahawks frequent. Apparently she was invited by a Mariner that she was talking to. I swiftly answered no because she was supposed to hang out with a group of them in a VIP section. I don't feel comfortable with a group of unfamiliar men in settings where there are alcohol and possibly drugs present, especially when said men have a history of treating women as conquests. I have more self-respect than that. Anyway, my co-worker has already ****ed two of them, and they both ghosted her shortly afterwards. I felt like asking, "well, what did you expect?" All the more reason to not fraternize with them.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 74
Professional Athletes
Posted: 11/14/2016 5:26:05 PM
I watched Catching Kelce what a****ad/
Surprised he can catch a cold let alone a ball
And they are drooling over him. I reckon he will pick the woman with the biggest rack
As said one woman " even his shadow is sexy"
But I had animal cookies and couldn't look away.
Sundays :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Professional Athletes