Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men Who Never Learned to Cook      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 126
Men Who Never Learned to CookPage 6 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Wouldn't this stuff belong in the Recipes and Cooking section?
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 127
Men Who Never Learned to Cook
Posted: 1/21/2015 10:36:19 AM
"Wouldn't this stuff belong in the Recipes and Cooking section?"

Exactly....yawn.
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 128
Posted: 1/21/2015 10:40:57 AM

Wouldn't this stuff belong in the Recipes and Cooking section?

It IS one of many issues that commonly come up between men and women, the "expectation" of being cooked for constantly.

Women could understand better that it does make a man feel nurtured and cared for, and less hungry...

Men could understand NOT to "expect" it every meal, to take her OUT a couple times a week at least...

Ok now, have we all learned something from the other's perspective? THAT is what these Forums are here for.

S
 Dee4166
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2015 11:17:38 AM
I hate cooking and have to cook at work as well, so if I'm with a man who can't/doesn't cook, then we will be eating out a LOT!
I do cook some things really well in fact MANY, but I DON'T enjoy it and have no interest in it being one of "my" duties in a relationship, simply because a guy hasn't bothered to learn how to feed himself appropriately....

As long as he has no problem paying for meals out and that would be at LEAST half the week, and NOT 1 or 2 times a week, then I have NO problem with cooking the rest of the time and/or paying for a meal out if I don't want to cook, myself....

Of course, they are a variety of ways to "equalize" the scenario...Hire a housekeeper to either do the cooking and/or cleaning, thus freeing me up to cook, him doing ALL of the other housework, etc.

See, for me, it's really simple, I am NOT cohabiting with ANYONE who is not pulling their weight, especially NOT a grown man...that is the MAIN reason that I haven't lived with someone for a LONG time....

Not willing to take on cooking, cleaning,laundry, etc. for TWO people, all for the dubious pleasure of having a man in my bed...sorry....just NOT worth it....
 the_summerwind
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/21/2015 4:17:33 PM

Of course, they are a variety of ways to "equalize" the scenario...Hire a housekeeper to either do the cooking and/or cleaning, thus freeing me up to cook, him doing ALL of the other housework, etc.

Of Course ! As Even the Partridge Family" had that in their scenario ! ^^^^but why not you ore or you ?

I not crazy about cleaning etc...but....At least I have a housekeeper to clean my home every 3 weeks, but the idea of someone else to cook sometimes ...not sure about that.....as I can boil more then just water....^^^

And like this thread for the most part ....its not really about cooking is it !.... but more about" being appreciated & love" in the jobs most of us are not away crazy about doing all the time, but do nonetheless...

Such it is, in a relationship.....in the two way street of life & love....can't have one without the other... or unless your very old school or brain dead...cheers
 Dee4166
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2015 4:34:23 PM
@summer....
I really have NO clue as to what the point was????

Honestly not even clear as to what you were trying to say, there, sorry....

Maybe clarify?
 calguy14
Msg: 132
Posted: 1/21/2015 5:29:52 PM
I have a friends 80 year old mother do the cooking.Most of the time she watches TV in her room,works out good.

One day Dee will meet a man that's worth it in bed. :)
 cooldog65
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2015 5:35:04 PM
The most important thing for me is how she treats me (honesty, faithfulness, and respect). If she's a great cook and she loves to cook, that's a bonus.

If she isn't passionate about it, between the two of us we'll get it done somehow. We won't starve.
 funchesf
Msg: 134
Posted: 1/21/2015 6:09:23 PM

Are you a man who never learned to cook?

do a microwave oven count? ...because when it come to that then I'm like Emeril Lagasse, toss in a frozen dinner press a couple of buttons and BAM

reminds me when I first tried to cook a pancake...flour, eggs, milk, stir not shaken ...pour in hot skillet,..then wonder why the thing isn't rising....oops forgot to add the baking powder..didn't know how much so I added 4 tablespoons on top of the pancake .....but I did learn one thing after eating it...that 4 tablespoons of baking powder on a pancake can generate enough gas inside you that it can cause a small nuclear explosion
 Vannili
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2015 6:35:59 PM
I think a man is pulling my legs if he tells me he doesn't know how to cook, he grow up in a house with a kitchen, I bet he observed his mom cooking. If a person can read he knows how to cook.
Your husband and those guys you dated are sneaky, LOL ! How do you slice a lemon ?

I grew up with servants , but when I came to U S A, I cook or I go hungry.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2015 7:50:03 PM
Cooking is an absolute passion for me. I LOVE it.......

I always tell my business counterparts if I had another chance at a career it would be as a Chef.

For those guys that never learned, pick up a cookbook and follow instructions. To the letter at first. Then let imagination and creativity take over and start trying things. You won't believe how easy it is if you apply a little time and effort.

If you don't have any motivation, put it this way......cooking GETS YOU LAID. I can't even count the number of times my dates sat back with looks of astonishment, then pleasure, (and then great sex) after they let me cook a meal for them. Way too many to count............

Some of my best date nights were those that I cooked for my date. And even now, my current GF loves it when I surprise her on a Friday night with a fully cooked meal and nice bottle of wine when she walks in the door..............

Guys - learn how to cook. You won't regret it.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 137
Posted: 1/21/2015 8:05:20 PM
Cooking gets you LAID...cool. So the next time someone asks me how many men I've slept with I can say "well, I'm an excellent cook so you figure it out."

My Dad took up cooking when my Mom got Alzheimer's . At first he couldn't do much more than poached eggs and grilled salmon. Now he bakes cookies, makes muffins, cooks a whole roast beef dinner, makes jam, cans plums, makes soups, bakes bread and he loves it and there is nothing he won't tackle. And when he doesn't feel like cooking, he goes out. It's a no- brainer.

It would be nice if he cooked, or chopped while I cook or topped up my wine...one way or another, it's more fun having two playing in the kitchen .
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2015 8:12:05 PM

Cooking gets you LAID...cool. So the next time someone asks me how many men I've slept with I can say "well, I'm an excellent cook so you figure it out."

LOL.....touche, Bluemoon!! You got a grin out of me on that one!
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 139
Posted: 1/21/2015 8:14:53 PM
Lol. You're okay Silverhawk.
 DietFree
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2015 8:15:39 PM

I think a man is pulling my legs if he tells me he doesn't know how to cook, he grow up in a house with a kitchen

Come on, Vannili, that's harsh. If you use that logic then, since you grew up with a bathroom, you should know how to repair a leaking sink and fix a toilet that doesn't flush.
 Demidar
Msg: 141
Posted: 1/21/2015 8:57:33 PM
How about women who never learned to clean and filet a fish , so that the man can cook it ? Pan fried Brook Trout is tasty , with a little lemon juice , to bad they are not usually large enough to filet .
 CharminC
Msg: 142
Posted: 1/21/2015 9:27:13 PM
you should know how to repair a leaking sink and fix a toilet that doesn't flush.

^^^
I kinda resent that
I bet most women if men weren't so eager to "help fix it" CAN do it all!! Most women don't have to.. because there's a man ready and willing to do the work.. without a question. *rolls eyes

signed
<---- A woman who can or will try to fix anything ..........and filets a fish!
 Dee4166
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2015 1:52:39 AM
Have done my OWN plumbing, electricity, carpentry, (as in built a deck myself), basic car maintenance and repairs, and can ALSO catch, clean AND filet ANY kind of ,edible, fish, just like my Daddy taught me....as well as skin and butcher a variety of animals....

Does all of THAT now "qualify" me for NOT wanting to spend my time cooking for a man?????
Aside from the fact that we HAVE to eat at least once a day, and you KNOW that's NOT going to be "fresh brook trout" at every meal, IF all that he brings to the table is a knowledge of cleaning and catching a fish that is, even IF I didn't already know how to do that MYSELF...

Pfffttt....Cooking is NOT brain surgery, it's really a pretty simple and basic skill, that requires the ability to read and follow a recipe and I REALLY don't think that I have to "demonstrate my love", by cooking for someone....

And if I DO, then he's NOT the man for ME....
 Vannili
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2015 4:32:02 AM

Come on, Vannili, that's harsh. If you use that logic then,since you grew up with a bathroom,you should know how to repair a leaking sink and fix a toilet that doesn't flush.

I apologize for being harsh, The story of my life is >>>>> I grew up ingrained in me that women don't do a man's work. when I become a widow I have to work 2 jobs + sideline, employ a expensive handyman to do " a man's work around my house. Girlfriends advice me to get a boyfriend to do these things for free, it turns me off I can not stomach it.Some guys offer to do things for me , and I tell them no thank you I have a plumber or a handyman. They think I am a feminist * If only they focus on me we might up to second level. When the economy went down ,I can't afford a handyman, I learned that American women do masculine things. To make a story short I learned to paint, fixed door, hammer nails fixed fence, prevent leaking sink and toilet, sawed some tree branches , mixed cement to patch concrete in my yard, check my car ect.. I cried a lot before I learned those masculine jobs, I learned these things wearing a mini skirt. black pantyhose ,pumps shoes standing in whatever section number depending what my project is asking a customer advice. Men are helpful if their attention is peak. uh.
Now I only hire a man if the work need some strength for I am not physically strong.

This forumite said he cooks for a date to GET LAID that is a cheap shot. Opps sorry I am harsh.
If a person wants a good relationship he sell his self that he is a great person with intelligence.
 DietFree
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2015 4:43:31 AM

you should know how to repair a leaking sink and fix a toilet that doesn't flush.

^^^
I kinda resent that
I bet most women if men weren't so eager to "help fix it" CAN do it all!! Most women don't have to.. because there's a man ready and willing to do the work.. without a question. *rolls eyes

Well, Charmin, that works both ways.
I remember when my ex refused to let me use the washing machine because she was raised to believe that men can't do laundry.
 Vannili
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2015 4:44:29 AM
I love you Dee4166 You are my HERO !!!
Depending on a man with our basic needs is not going to work.
Being a Lady with self respect and Dignity weight more than a wench,
who trade in tumble on the hay..
 funchesf
Msg: 147
Posted: 1/22/2015 5:50:25 AM
when it comes to fixing food or fixing a toilet...simply go to the "How To" section on youtube
 Dee4166
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2015 6:59:46 AM
@Vanilli....Thanks!! But really, we;ll have to start a mutual admiration society here, because I was just thinking how much COURAGE it must have taken for YOU to learn all of those things coming from that background....LOL

I was EXPECTED to be smart and capable and to learn how to take care of myself in a pinch, to figure things out and NOT rely on others....even if I choose to pay a mechanic today, I won't be getting ripped off!!!

And even if you cried and did it all in your mini-skirt and heels...you STILL got it done!!!! Good for you....:) Not as difficult as it seems when you understand what you're doing, right???

@funches....
EXACTLY!!!
These days ANYBODY can be an expert!!! lol
 dragonbytes
Msg: 149
Posted: 1/22/2015 7:31:42 AM

EXACTLY!!!
These days ANYBODY can be an expert!!! lol

If you think fixing a leak or replacing the brake pads takes an expert, they you are right.

But will you dig 7 feet down in your yard to put in a new clean out in your sewer line, and how do you know where the leak is? Or utube can tell you how to replace a rack and pinion in a car, but unless you have a lift, and can lift up the engine to get it clear, and enough knowledge to be able to know when and how to take apart stubborn locked in parts, and have enough strength and the tools to get and old exhaust system out, then the internet just makes it look easy when it's not.

And mistakes when you put in a new sewer line can be expensive. Welding takes experience, soldering takes experience.

If it was all as easy as googling the right answer, then why do tradesmen go to trade school? Why is experience on a job so important.

The easy tasks are easy, but once you move up the chain beyond the simple, experience counts for a lot in all areas of life.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 150
Posted: 1/22/2015 7:32:35 AM

If you don't have any motivation, put it this way......cooking GETS YOU LAID. I can't even count the number of times my dates sat back with looks of astonishment, then pleasure, (and then great sex) after they let me cook a meal for them. Way too many to count............

This is so true. When I was in school I should have never ever been able to date since.... I didn't have a car. And I didn't have enough money to go to bars or stuff like that. Soo I would invite girls over my place for dinner. And this was not macaroni and cheese, but Steak Diane, or a Fetuccini Alfredo with Shrimp, or many other dishes. The secret: I worked at a restaurant where we actually cooked special dishes at the table, so before anything went bad, they would give it to us. So every now and then I could take home steaks, shrimp, chicken. Then I would get at cost some bottle of wine from our illustrious bar tender or the owner.

I remember one time having this girl over and she insisted on putting ice cubes on a very expensive red wine. This was a bottle that back then cost $98, so today that would be like a 300 bottle of wine. It was one of those Chateau Laffite Rothschild line. She pissed me off so much that after dinner I told her to leave. She was indignant because in reality she knew that she was going to get laid and now I didn't want to. She decided to take revenge and told everyone in school about this. But it back fired her, because the next girl that I brought home for dinner repeated to me the ice cube story, but the wine was well not that expensive.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men Who Never Learned to Cook