Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men in this age group and money      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CTRLvector
Msg: 276
Men in this age group and moneyPage 12 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

(Damn forum won't let me edit post - anyone else had that problem?)

Yeap, same problem.

I have the solution,
 Walts
Msg: 277
Men in this age group and money
Posted: 2/13/2015 4:11:37 AM

(Damn forum won't let me edit post - anyone else had that problem?)

Yep, same problem.

I have the solution,

Speak up son!!! I'm getting a little tired of punching my puter screen trying to edit my phuck ups. And there are a few of them.

OT,,,

According to a recent survey 83% of Canadians are on track for a comfortable retirement. So much for the dire warnings. And the survey did not include real estate holdings.

Did you notice how small the survey group was? I thought I heard it was just over 3,000 people. Not really a good number to state something for all of Canadians in my opinion.
 Never_in_Life
Msg: 278
Posted: 2/13/2015 5:04:29 AM

Speak up son!!! I'm getting a little tired of punching my puter screen trying to edit my phuck ups. And there are a few of them.

I've discovered you can only edit existing posts that are unquoted. If you make a post on its own without quoting someone you can edit.

Dear Markus,
I think you've made enough cash by now. It's okay to update the forum software beyond its 1987 standard.

Signed,
Everyone
 CTRLvector
Msg: 279
Posted: 2/13/2015 5:09:12 AM
All you have to do is copyclip what you write, and delete the post. If you delete the post manually you will be able to re post with the edit. Same thing goes for multi posts, you can delete one of them by selecting the delete link and writing anything in the reason. Or leaving it blank probably works too who knows.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 280
Posted: 2/13/2015 5:34:45 AM

When did "divorce more than once people" became a catch? Uneducated? Overweight? With children from more than one person? With health issues? Are fat guys a catch? Uneducated? With several divorces? I can tell you, unequivocally NO! People like these are not a catch! That is what's around after 50. Not me and not for me.

We should quarantine these imperfect individuals, eh? Remove them from the gene pool?

What advice would you give these messed up folk to improve there standing in life, after 50? Expunge the divorces from their marital history? Terminate their children from different persons(s)?

The only thing left that can be changed is losing the weight. Even then, would you be ok with a skinny, many times divorced with kids by 2 different persons? Doubtful.

Let me guess, you only have one divorce under your belt, with 1 or 0 kids, and eat baby food all day? That holier then thou attitude will indeed keep you single perpetually.

You sound like a horses a$$.
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 281
Posted: 2/13/2015 6:35:34 AM
["We should quarantine these imperfect individuals, eh? Remove them from the gene pool? "]

Yes! Sounds like a great idea!

Well, seems there might be just you an me left here then... And I'm not so sure about you...

We might become like The Odd Couple...

Oh Well.

S
 Ouija2025
Msg: 282
Posted: 2/13/2015 6:57:26 AM
maybe some Men just don't want to spend money dating
Lucky I have Walts to care for me in my twilight years. Just a cot and a rubber sheet. And coffee.
I would rather be with someone divorced 5 times than a serial live - with-er type.
We should have a thread titled Women this age group and money.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 283
Posted: 2/13/2015 7:18:24 AM

The only thing left that can be changed is losing the weight. Even then, would you be ok with a skinny, many times divorced with kids by 2 different persons? Doubtful.

Let me guess, you only have one divorce under your belt, with 1 or 0 kids, and eat baby food all day? That holier then thou attitude will indeed keep you single perpetually.

He doesn't sound like a horse's a$$ at all, and no, it won't keep him single perpetually. He's an attractive, fit, educated man without a litter of kids and multiple exes in the picture. The reality is that men and women like him have options. To you, he might have a holier than thou attitude, but some people do share his opinion---including me.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 284
Posted: 2/13/2015 7:21:52 AM
She works hard for the money.
So hard for it, honey.
She works hard for the money.
So you better treat HIM right....

No ring yet, eh??
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 285
Posted: 2/13/2015 7:56:39 AM

No ring yet, eh??

Naaa. We don't support the greedy diamond merchants. I have a much more valuable token of commitment than a diamond ring.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 286
Posted: 2/13/2015 8:04:00 AM
Unless you have his nads in a jar, I hope he doesn't have other tokens stashed away somewhere.

Kudos for not supporting the diamond trade though:)
 flirtingwithdisaster55
Msg: 287
Posted: 2/13/2015 8:09:55 AM
It can only be one of two things: (1) he has money but he doesn't want you to know he has money; or (2) he really doesn't have any money and doesn't want you to know.

It's even hard to judge financial position by the way people dress, why kind of car they drive or where they live. I know a guy who's practically a millionaire who lives in a dumpy little apartment, shops at Goodwill and he has no car.
 slowitalldown
Msg: 288
Posted: 2/13/2015 9:06:17 AM
Could always buy Canadian diamonds!
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 289
Posted: 2/13/2015 9:31:59 AM

I agree with you.

That holier then thou attitude will indeed keep you single perpetually.

Looks like a crap attitude to me, which of course will get him the same result. And I don’t go for grown men wearing baseball caps and face scruff.

Nice profile, though. *eyeroll*
 Never_in_Life
Msg: 290
Posted: 2/13/2015 4:17:43 PM

All you have to do is copyclip what you write, and delete the post. If you delete the post manually you will be able to re post with the edit. Same thing goes for multi posts, you can delete one of them by selecting the delete link and writing anything in the reason.

Dude, that's brilliant. Good tip.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 291
Posted: 2/13/2015 4:40:26 PM
Vector is clever. I tend to get knocked out before I post, so I usually copy and then paste back, meaning I hope I catch my errors.
Like my phone and auto correct - oh if I could disable that feature
altho makes for some fun texts
 CTRLvector
Msg: 292
Posted: 2/13/2015 4:57:29 PM
Thanks yeah I try to be clever anyway lol, look to see what options are available. Also copy clip is your friend or a word document. A browser can be bad for every reason a browser could possibly fail. And for a phone, I don't know - you have more patience than I for sure. Its really hard to write with a smart phone.
 Walts
Msg: 293
Posted: 2/13/2015 5:13:17 PM

Lucky I have Walts to care for me in my twilight years

Still in the planning stages of how to get rid of the boyfriend's body. Once that's done, ya got nuttin to worry about. Well, listening to me walk around with those rubber things on my feet could put ya over to the other side pretty quick.
 petula1908
Msg: 294
Posted: 2/13/2015 6:47:19 PM
That is all well and good but we cannot live on love alone and financial woes are the major cause for break ups.
There is no virtue in being poor and people get together for all sorts of reasons, love only being one of them.

How many of the 2.2 billion people quoted that are together, love each other? We cannot know that. Sometimes they get together in order to survive and to fit in with society's expectations.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 295
Posted: 2/14/2015 4:08:56 AM

this might come as a shock, but (for guys) the more money you have, the more wives/girlfriends you can have

I think that's because you were a lifer in the service - in the private sector, there is more of a concept of unity and sanity. Tends to be easier on the spouces
 Walts
Msg: 296
Posted: 2/14/2015 5:08:11 AM

That is all well and good but we cannot live on love alone and financial woes are the major cause for break ups.

I believe you should have stated "financial DIFFERENCES", not woes. Take a look at this thread, and see the different thoughts on how people look at jobs, savings, spending, retirement, etc. It's not the woes, it's the differences in how we deal with the money we have that creates turmoil.
 lifeisgrand5
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2015 2:17:44 AM
Money,

A few days ago an area doctor contacted me on Our Time. His very first question to me was, 'Your profile says sales, please explain your career to me." I was floored, a total stranger wanting personal information from the start. I read his profile and it says he is looking for a woman who is financially set for life. I find the wealthy men are CHEAP.

The really poor guys have asked me to marry them, I know it was to move into my house and be taken care of, no thanks I raised three kids.

I have no clue what has happened ? Each and every person is different. There are still some wonderful men out there. My husband that passed away was a wonderful man. We totally shared or money in a joint checking account, neither one of us abused the arrangement.

I just keep a positive attitude and I am glad that I am generous and buy gifts for the patients at the nursing home . I love to share.

It is great when we figure out we are only responsible for our own behavior.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 298
Posted: 2/22/2015 4:17:35 AM

A few days ago an area doctor contacted me on Our Time. His very first question to me was, 'Your profile says sales, please explain your career to me."

This has happened to me more times than I can count here. I ignore those messages (usually from the more educated, professional men), and if they write again, I block.

After my husband died, I actually had guys I hadn't seen or talked to in 30 years phone out of the blue (professional men). More than one was stupid enough to think I wouldn't notice if they worked into the conversation questions like: "So, I guess your husband, being a ________, had a lot of life insurance, right?"

Yeah, it's appalling.

For the record, that was over twenty years ago. I'm broke now; don't hit me up for money. :))
 petula1908
Msg: 299
Posted: 2/22/2015 4:33:05 AM
Ozsealady

Here here!!, skinny, no car, no job, bad teeth. He will be waiting a long time for his quality woman. Glad he has the tarantula for company.
 the_summerwind
Msg: 300
Posted: 2/22/2015 8:22:22 AM
@ DB
so you had a lot of life insurance, right?”

Yes.....it’s amazing in what can crawl through the cracks.......and these are the so called,'' professional types ? ''

Now Carla, if I may ask,.....and what if you won the lottery ? Can I at least be your, ‘’Cabana Boy ‘’ and bring you wonderful & exotic drinks, fresh towels, lotions, umbrella’s etc...

Bottomline..I hope you just stay the same regardless... Carry on.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men in this age group and money