Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Freedom of Speech?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lilydreams
Msg: 301
Freedom of Speech?Page 13 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I know you hate the comparison Dee but would you cry over a business closing because they won't bake a cake for a black person or a Jew? Hell, now we have hate against Muslims. Some won't serve them, won't rent them a home and you have a big ignorant mother fvcker running for president that won't even let them in the country plus he wants to send back all the Mexicans that have been working the American fields for generations.

So no - close down that friggin bakery or anything else that refuses service based on their god or their sky wizard or what ever stupid beliefs they have. If they can't handle working with the PUBLIC, close the door and go work for WalMart.

Sorry - emotional and not logical. Logic dictates that everyone is treated equally.
 CaliforniaTiger01
Msg: 302
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/25/2016 11:18:08 AM
Harriet Tubman is so hot! Smiles are out!
 lilydreams
Msg: 303
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/25/2016 11:21:44 AM
I know men too that are in their 60s and 70s, a couple of women as well, who married and had children. They also hid their shame for years, 20 years...one guy hid it for 30 years. You weren't "allowed" to be "queer" back then. My grandmother's brother hung himself in the barn in 1925 because someone found him with his male lover. That's they hide. That's why they keep it quiet, keep it a secret to the outside world. I think its a huge shame, a shame on us, that some man can't come out until he hits 90.

And change back. Really. I know you like those redneck, teabag conservative writings from discredited doctors, but really, you think they can all change? Hell, some have been tortured, given electric shocks and worse to make them "change" and not like the same sex. You want to go back to that? The simple friggin minds that think if you pray to god enough that he will heal the demon gayness out of you. Stupid people.

I've never been turned away because of my colour or my gender or which gender I chose to love. I'm actually quite fortunate that I'm white, a woman and straight. Really lucky. And if the bible thumpers want to do that, do open a public business. I won't go to places like Hooters because the gals showing off their tits work the bar and get big tips for their tits...my son would not have the same opportunity. So I don't go there. If some one sells pizza or wedding cakes and won't serve the LGBT community, I won't go there either. My choice I guess. And if enough people chose not to frequent these types of discriminatory businesses and they have to close their doors for lack of business, too bad/so sad.

And no one has been able to tell me how two men or two women getting married will make the world go to hell in a handbasket. Or...effect us in anyway.

You don't have to be homosexual. I know too many people who have changed one way or the other. There is some politician who at 90 declared his gayness. After 50 years of marriage and four kids with a woman. He could change his mind tomorrow.

Politicians hiding their gayness. Hell, politicians and the clergy are just two groups that have been hiding gayness, affairs, sexual abuse, rape, mental abuse, illegitimate children, drug use, alcoholism, criminal activity, bribery, murders....for years. The least offensive on this list is being gay.
 chinook1111
Msg: 304
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/25/2016 11:24:18 AM
There is some problem with the RELIGIOUS fanatics within the ranks of the Muslims lily.Arent you the one always carping about religious freaks?Nobody in America for generations is being targeted......train loads of central Americans coming north are....
Some people will push their gayness.....did you have to chew kitty to prove you weren't homophobic to your friends?
 _babblefish
Msg: 305
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/25/2016 11:49:07 AM

Nobody in America for generations is being targeted......train loads of central Americans coming north are....
Some people will push their gayness...

train loads?

*crickets
 lilydreams
Msg: 306
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/25/2016 11:54:48 AM
I'm allowed to state that I think Trump is a pig. And yes, there are some problems with fanatics the Muslim religion, no argument there, but they aren't ALL terrorists. You see to forget that. The American terrorists that walked into Columbine School or Sandy Hook School...I didn't find out whether they were Johnny Catholic Terrorists or Johnny Evangelist Terrorist....but they shooters were American terrorists.
Sometimes the little American Terrorists even claim they are killing for their god.

To some people even a person mentioning that they are gay, quietly in passing, is to pushy for some. And don't you think comments about "chew kitty" are a little juvenile...even for you?

Many Mexican's wouldn't come to the US if the Americans didn't pay them to work. Many...not all, but many. And really, my ancestors came here for a better life too.
 Onyx49
Msg: 307
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/25/2016 12:09:27 PM
MSG-317

@lilydreams- You make a brilliant point...most people from Mexico and other places via unlawful entry...would not come if they couldn't make money.

You can go to any Home Depot, or Lowe's between Canada and Mexico...New York to California...and find undocumented people standing around looking for work, maybe...mow ur lawn, wash ur car...clean the garage, paint the house...and these so called hater's are fighting to bring them home and put them to work.

So, maybe we should get them American's out in the fields picking lettuce and green beans for 15 bucks an hour...we can all afford 8 dollars for a head of lettuce...right....
 deetristate
Msg: 308
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/26/2016 3:47:46 AM
So you people prefer underpaying or, in many cases, not paying people. (in some places, it is more like sharecropping or feudalism. )

I'll pay the $8.00 for a head of lettuce.

Is there some study showing that this is what will actually happen? I would like to read it. Doesn't matter. I'll pay %5.00 for the tomato.

If you are buying lettuce and tomatoes you can afford an increase. If you can't, you are not buying much lettuce and tomato anyway.

Those American pickers will spend more of their money in the USA instead of Western Union sending it out of the country.

Win win.

It is not the guy at Walmart or a Truck stop. Well, yes it is. But it is also the illegal immigrant doing the construction work that an American used to do. It is the IT guy being required to train and then losing his job to someone who overstayed a visa. It is the American engineering grads who can't get a job because of falsified "I NEED A FOREIGNER because I can't find an American" H1B visa.

It is the in state college tuition that Sara can't get but Von , who is in the USA illegally from Russia, can get. It is the gardening jobs for the City of Richmond that you can't get unless you speak spanish.
etc., etc , etc.

Does no one pause, even for a second, and think: Hmmm, interesting. So many foreign nationals control large segments of the USA IT system. Visit your capital building at lunch time, ( Have you been to a bank lately in a large city or near suburb and see who is controlling the loans in american banks? Foreign nationals.)

Yet we act surprised when things happen at Target or the IRS or Apple or Roy Rogers.

Paranoid? Yeah, well, They said that about Edward Snowden. I think that it is more of being a realist.
 Onyx49
Msg: 309
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/26/2016 5:09:31 AM
Yes, it's been estimated that an American only workforce in the farm produce industry would elevate the cost of lettuce to 8.00 dollars a head...and that's probably, iceberg.

Not everybody can afford that...and many would simply say it's not worth it...not to mention the 10 bucks you pay for that chicken Caesar salad you had for lunch...maybe it will be 25.00 now...like it or not, you too benefit from cheap labor....how much money would you want to spend all day in the Florida heat picking oranges...or Texas picking lettuce or potatoes, or New York picking apples....
 trasplantado
Msg: 310
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/26/2016 5:57:07 AM

I'll pay the $8.00 for a head of lettuce. ...............................I think that it is more of being a realist.

I don't think you are much of a realist in your thinking that things will be better when you get rid of the "foreign nationals" and the "illegal immigrants" that give you nightmares. You are dreaming of a day when "American" will be the magic word that will make all the problems go away. It will be like "American" capitalists and entrepreneurs won't be exploiting "American" labourers or taking advantage of "American" consumers. And, all of a sudden, an all "American" labor force will appear ready to spread all over the American growing fields to pick the fruits and vegetables. They will all be paid generous living wages and be provided the necessary benefits, and afforded regular breaks so they can text their friends and send them selfies with the amazing carrots that they are harvesting for all Americans to enjoy.

I think that I will stop here because I am getting a headache.
 2beetoo
Msg: 311
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/26/2016 6:19:19 AM
Mexican workers are harder working and more conscientious about their work than americans. US agriculture and construction industries would be devastated by the loss of illegals.
 chinook1111
Msg: 312
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/26/2016 6:45:22 AM
Americans are already starting up vertical farms to grow lettuce with led, Toshiba and others are doing it in clean rooms formerly making electronics.

Illumitex out of Austin

www.illumitex.com

Mexican construction workers certainly don't have anything to teach us here in Calgary except maybe how to straighten out their work with a chainsaw and a sledgehammer.

@liily flower

Chewing kitty more acceptable than the people with prix example
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 313
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/26/2016 7:02:13 AM

Mexican workers are harder working and more conscientious about their work than americans. US agriculture and construction industries would be devastated by the loss of illegals.

Conscientious?

I don't think that is their motivation. The big farm companies that hire them know how to squeeze them. Many of them have no legal protection. For instance many of them were getting carpal tunnel syndrome working for the chicken processing plants in Georgia all the way to Arkansas. The moment that their condition got crippling they just got fired and a new person hired.

Still those people will take whatever the companies dish at them because it's much better than living in a mud house, where your kids will be killed, robbed, raped or expose to nasty levels of pollution in some slum in the border. Or taken en-masse by a Narco Gang and kidnapped.

So yes, they are willing to work because the alternative is much less desirable and it's an issue many times of life and death.
 2beetoo
Msg: 314
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/26/2016 7:34:46 AM
Can't speak for farms. Only construction. Mexican workers I have hired do far more conscientious work, far better work than their American Counterparts. This is anecdotal of course but my experience.
 deetristate
Msg: 315
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/26/2016 8:10:52 AM
Ah. Yet another incarnation. Anyway . . .

No one is having nightmares. Smh.
And no work force will ever be a100% american and no one is demanding that Again, smh.

Anyway, it is interesting that people want income equality and living wages except for illegals while at the same time fighting for " rights" of illegals.

Also interesting is the kumbaya crowd belief that Americans are too good for these jobs.

I don't need a job picking fruit. But there are people that do. For a living wage

The country will be better off. Look at CBO and GAO studies. It is not about me.
 oj126
Msg: 316
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/26/2016 8:24:04 AM
Dee , Where are the illegal Russians? I live in a VERY multi cult area. A complete cesspool. Just temporary , albeit. Never seen an illegal Russian , or an illegal White , for that matter. Matter of fact , I don't see ANY White immigrants EVER. Exactly my point. We only see the rampant flood of non white immigration in one time White Nations. GeNOcidal. Proliferation of the NWO.
 deetristate
Msg: 317
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/26/2016 8:36:46 AM
All in the mid Atlantic and northern Atlantic. Also places like Chicago.

There are others as well. Not in the same numbers but they are here. I use to work with an illegal Croatian and Greek. Their "communities" as they described them, have many at any given time.

Again, the numbers are not as great as the east Asians, Indians/ Pakistani and central and south american.

But they are just as illegal.
 oj126
Msg: 318
Find the missing White Dude
Posted: 4/26/2016 8:50:45 AM
There currently exists a map. A map of targets. US cities placed in the crosshairs of rapeugee placement. Every state has been targeted with at least one non White group of invaders. From mungs in MN , to iraqis in MI , we're doomed to invasion. Strange , not one of the invading tribes is European. No gubmint yet , has forcfully assimilated Whites with Whites , go figure , cuckholds.
 trasplantado
Msg: 319
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/26/2016 10:14:01 AM

Ah. Yet another incarnation. Anyway . .

Incarnation? What do you know?

No one is having nightmares. Smh.

I could swear that I have read a post or two cursing against the Spanish voices that you hear!

Anyway, it is interesting that people want income equality and living wages except for illegals while at the same time fighting for " rights" of illegals.

Who are you talking about? Do you know of anyone here who does that? I believe that all working people should be treated with respect and paid a living wage for their labor, and they should be entitled to do as they wish with the fruit of their labor. The only one here who doesn't believe in that seems to be you, complaining about the Western Union, etc...
 trinity818
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/26/2016 10:58:40 AM

A group of Saskatoon Muslims say insults to religion are not freedom of expression and should be considered hate speech.

Quite a few countries have laws against "hate speech". While I understand why they've enacted those laws, it seems to me to be a very "slippery" slope. I haven't researched the particulars in depth, but I certainly hope those laws are VERY specific.

In the US, we may abhor the message "haters" espouse, but it is their constitutional right with very little limitation. The only exception I'm aware of is the promotion of "imminent violence". Although who would deny that hate speech will frequently evoke violence from the recipient of this kind of verbal assault.

In 2011, the Supreme Court issued their ruling on Snyder v. Phelps, which concerned the right of the Westboro Baptist Church to protest with signs found offensive by many Americans. The issue presented was whether the 1st Amendment protected the expressions written on the signs. In an 8-1 decision the court sided with Phelps, the head of Westboro Baptist Church, thereby confirming their historically strong protection of hate speech, so long as it doesn't promote imminent violence. The Court explained, "speech deals with matters of public concern when it can 'be fairly considered as relating to any matter of political, social, or other concern to the community' or when it 'is a subject of general interest and of value and concern to the public." [85]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech

Incarnation? What do you know?

I don't think you're who she thinks you are. Welcome back, I.L. ( did I guess correctly? )
 daynadaze
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/26/2016 5:21:38 PM
You know what would be good here, if all those people who were once gay but decided to not be anymore, because you know they weren't in the first place but just want to try it out, if they came here and explained it to all us, along with those trainloads of illegals, they could come here and post too, about all their illegal activities and while that's going on, if the terrorists could show up because I'm sure someone here must know planeloads of them, and tell us what's what...think of all the head (V-8) slapping we'll be doing once we've been shown the light.
 cotter
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/26/2016 8:31:16 PM
Message 326 ...
Also interesting is the kumbaya crowd belief that Americans are too good for these jobs.
Dee ... there would be no need for illegals to swarm to the US for jobs if Americans felt they wanted to do such jobs.

Do you personally have any friends who would be willing to do the same jobs (for example) the Mexicans do? Do you have friends willing to pick fruit, cook and clean for the elite for minimum wages (or less), mow grass and do garden work, put roofs on homes?

It goes on all over the world ... in Germany it's the Turks and Italians that swarm in to do the jobs the Germans feel they're too good to do.
 deetristate
Msg: 323
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/27/2016 4:14:34 AM
Again, there are people who would do the job for a living wage.
But you all seem ok with with semi indentured and barely paid workers in the USA.

As long as they are not American.

Seems strange from a liberal crowd. Also seems odd coming from those nice-speech-at-the-EU-drive-away-in-my-limousine liberals in europe.

First, "Migrant worker" is its own category."

As far as other positions, I know people who had hotels jobs that don't anymore. Cleaning and otherwise. I met cane pickers who don't have that job anymore, after generations.
You can easily find construction workers who were displaced by illegals ( and people on road crews)
My neighbors had a painting and cleaning business. His competition hired illegals, paid them little and undercut him. . An American just repaired my roof. He did talk about being slowly put out of business by other roofers who hire illegals and pay them very little.

Also, you all gleam over the engineers, IT professionals and others who lost or can't get jobs due to the influx.

You all also ignore the fact that many are on the welfare system.(See GAO study about what it costs) Sure, there are Americans doing the same. But why bring in more?
Why add more termites because you already have termites? Why add more salt when you have already put in a little too much?

The USA is not responsible for the world. If you want to send them money or food or clothing or you want to go there and build them houses in whatever country they are from, go ahead. That would be nice and special.

I would focus on the employers. Fine them, take their businesses away if they keep it up. All would rise.

Why, if your kids need to eat and live, would you bring more into your house that would strain the feeding, clothing and shelter of your kids when it is UNNECESSARY? "Because it is nice" does not help your kids.

I am really trying to understand the thinking.
People also fail to considerthat the next generation from these people will not want these jobs. Do we bring in more? See what is happening in Europe?

The slave becomes the master - Metallica

( Dayna - People could come here and tell you and you wouldn't believe them and challenge their reality. I know a lot of people. I have a big family. These are not things that I have to make up. Whether you believe it or not is on you. Nothing I can do about that.
There was a scene in something on TV where one kid says to the other "I am sorry for teasing you because you have a mom and a dad." It was hilarious. But, then, well, there we are.)
 Onyx49
Msg: 324
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/27/2016 5:24:36 AM
Yes, we all know the stories about the small construction companies hiring undocumented Mexicans to work for cheap and take away jobs...which is what the guy looking for people to clean his garage is doing...

The people are willing to hire them...so why wouldn't they continue risking life and limb to get over here.

And why are we stacking all of this on the Mexicans...I once worked at a hostel, there were many people from...England, Australia and mostly Europe...that were in the country illegally mostly from over staying their visas...working here with no intention of leaving...a few were even arrested, one for a violent crime...but was released...must have been the red hair and green eyes....

And don't even get me started on those Asian nail salons where all you women go to get ur dogs straighten out....
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 325
Freedom of Speech?
Posted: 4/27/2016 6:39:01 AM
We could sit here and argue about immigrants until the cows come home, the facts are that those that complain the loudest are usually the ones hiring cheap labor.

Take for example Pat Buchanan. He steps on his soapbox and preaches about putting America first, rails against multiculturalism and complains about immigrants taking the jobs of American people.

Apparently hiring immigrants runs in his family. In the 90's while he was running for POTUS and preaching about closing the borders, his housekeeper, the woman taking care of his household was from South America. His sister, Angela Buchanan, hired an immigrant to be a tutor for her children.

These are the hypocrites that don't practice what they preach.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Freedom of Speech?