Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Ever been grateful that a relationship DIDN'T work out and why?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 the_summerwind
Msg: 47
Ever been grateful that a relationship DIDN'T work out and why?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

was to realize I was missing a fantasy not the reality.

^^^^ That reminded me of my ‘’first love.’’ at 17. As we bumped into each after 40 years. She still can take any man’s breath away. Yet now, after all that time has pasted between us..... reality did set in for me as is was not to be again...

As for me saying, any meaningful relationship I was involved in & being grateful a did not work out...
No can do that ! lol

And how glad, as it turned out to fall in love, get married, raise a family. To have first sowed my oats in my early twenty... & by 30.... being a-little more mature, lol... etc. & to take on these new & important responsibilities.

So Yes.... I’m very grateful for having to live the very good life, not so good at times, but all in all enjoyed those experiences as....100% reality. Like Frank Sinatra said, ‘’That Life ! ‘'
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 48
Ever been grateful that a relationship DIDN'T work out and why?
Posted: 3/27/2015 1:56:49 AM
My recent relation, in retrospect, was a transitory (and transitional) relationship, after a long relationship with myself and dedicated abstinence with it (it was torture, but worth it).

Now that I think of it, I don't feel it was a matter of I'm glad I dodged a bullet but it felt like I found the one! Am I ashamed of it? No. I learned invaluable lessons and it did unearth me from a rut of confusion and isolation in other areas of my life. I'm eternally grateful to him, for gifting me with that, even though we couldn't be together after all.
 the_summerwind
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/27/2015 4:12:42 PM

My recent relation, in retrospect, was a transitory (and transitional) relationship, after a long relationship with myself and dedicated abstinence with it (it was torture, but worth it).

Well.....good for you, as for many, who needed to rebound quickly before the ink is dry or good byes,break-ups etc, but in the mean time forgot to heal first.
In what’s it’s really all about..... before venturing onward into a new relationship. But we all done that, as for some they had too, for some we’ll for other reasons,etc.... but in reality time for most, heals all wounds....or so I heard....lol

I'm eternally grateful to him, for gifting me with that, even though we couldn't be together after all.

imo, we all still need to grow first on our own.....and if later.... need or want a companionship to share like wise... & still be individuals too.....yes.....that’s it....easy to say but so hard to find.....good luck
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/28/2015 4:28:50 AM

Well.....good for you, as for many, who needed to rebound quickly before the ink is dry or good byes,break-ups etc, but in the mean time forgot to heal first.
In what’s it’s really all about..... before venturing onward into a new relationship. But we all done that, as for some they had too, for some we’ll for other reasons,etc.... but in reality time for most, heals all wounds....or so I heard....lol

Time, in this case, wasn't as long as I had expected, considering the circumstances and the length/impact of the relationship. I think the best thing I can do at this point is continue dating and not worrying about a relationship, again, for awhile. I'm in the process of planning an extended trip abroad for two months; so naturally I'm not very interested in rushing to find anything before that, just to leave him in five months for one, two or even three months, given the nature of my project. (You later discussed the balancing act of relating to somebody else and nurturing yourself as an individual, and I think my situation applies, in this case.)

imo, we all still need to grow first on our own.....and if later.... need or want a companionship to share like wise... & still be individuals too.....yes.....that’s it....easy to say but so hard to find.....good luck

If anybody is introspective, over-analytical, particular (and peculiar), it's me. I know.

Luck? A little. Hard work? Yes, even if it doesn't yield my desires.

Cheers, and thanks
 onethuglife
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/28/2015 6:24:19 AM
Honestly, the most difficult feeling is dealing things positively and with justice specially after becoming a victim of fraud / abuse.

I 'm a Muslim by faith and as per my Holy Quran. It ordain to men in Surah(chapter) "Nissah" (meaning woman).

" Give your wife Divorce if you found them unfaith full. Give them what are their rights with justice.
Allow them to live your house till they complete two courses of periods. Don't make any injustice in giving their dower rights. Don't give an harm to them and let them go in peace.I (Allah) the Lord of Earth and Heaven would do the justice with you in life. "

Also, "With difficulties comes and ease. With Ease comes the difficulty."

hope this might help.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Ever been grateful that a relationship DIDN'T work out and why?