Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > smoker who lied on profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Like2dance
Msg: 76
view profile
History
smoker who lied on profile Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Smokers lie. Ever try to find a "nonsmoking" rental car that does not still have some stench remaining in it from someone smoking in it?
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 77
smoker who lied on profile
Posted: 2/2/2015 7:41:08 AM
I know what you mean by the rental car. I've rented a few lately for travel. I haven't noticed a smell of cigarettes but icky perfume, aftershave or just plain old body odor.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/2/2015 7:59:12 AM
Worse then the rental car?

Accidentally being given a dirty motel room..

The cig stench is just the tip of the odorberg!

Ewwww

Where's that black light when you need it?
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/2/2015 9:18:22 AM

Smokers lie. Ever try to find a "nonsmoking" rental car that does not still have some stench remaining in it from someone smoking in it?

When I was a smoker, in college, I hated the concept of smoking in a car or inside the house. There's plenty of folks who smoke who don't like to do it in a closed environment. Don't take the white-trash smokers and assume all those who ever pick up a cigarette are in the same boat. Don't take the hippie-pot-heads and assume all those who periodically take hits off joints are in that same boat either. :)
 tryinagaintoo
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/13/2016 8:10:19 PM
im always up front that I smoke. the biggest joke I get to enjoy is when the womans profile states "non smokers only/ social drinkers okay" I like to respond with "you might want to really think about which vices are okay. because the number of alcoholics that identify themselves as social drinkers runs about 100% so, next time your (non smoking) social drinker beats the crap out of you, don't come running back here" lol
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/13/2016 8:18:22 PM
Yeah, well, the next time a smoker dies of lung cancer and leaves you a widow(er), don't come running back here.
 LuvFishes
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/14/2016 1:58:14 AM
OP welcome to the world of online dating. First no profile is perfect. But you hit on TWO huge red flags. SMOKING for myself is a deal breaker, also drugs is another. Yours is Smoker and Age.

Why are you searching for Null and Void time frames. A LIE IS A LIE period. It's up to YOU and your morals and values. A relationship is built ON TRUST. INTEGRITY should be an important characteristic unless he's just for a season. I would be waiting for what else is coming? If he lied about this, what is next? And believe me, there will be more. But if you don't care it's your life? Good luck digging...
 Cdan1957
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2016 6:33:31 AM

A LIE IS A LIE period.

This is a crock. So someone saying they are 5 11 when in reality they are 5 9 is the same as someone saying they are single when they are married? Everyone has deal breakers you have to decided what they are. For example, someone who says they are only a few pounds overweight but fail to show pictures that show anything below their shoulders...deal breaker.

Hey CT, I see you slapped your mug back on your profile...get dumped again?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/14/2016 8:49:15 AM
I was the dumper...

Lmao
 purplerider1200
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2016 1:58:26 PM
Oh. Did you shoot the dirty b*stard when you found out?

I compare that to "A few extra pounds". Those I can run from. About 20 steps is all that's needed.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2016 4:28:21 PM
I only smoke when I walk fast.
 2ufo
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/14/2016 5:15:21 PM

A LIE IS A LIE period.

This is a crock. So someone saying they are 5 11 when in reality they are 5 9 is the same as someone saying they are single when they are married? Everyone has deal breakers you have to decided what they are. For example, someone who says they are only a few pounds overweight but fail to show pictures that show anything below their shoulders...deal breaker

Someone saying they are taller than they are is as much a lie as saying they are single when they are married.
You're trying to say that some lies are better than other lies and so it's a crock to judge dates on lies because some lies are tiny and inconsequential while other 'bad' lies destroy marriages and lives.

I find that difficult to understand.
They're both lies.
People who lie, lie to manipulate people.
Lies are 'deal-breakers'.

Showing a head shot photo and claiming a 'few extra pounds' isn't necessarily a lie.
Merely a warning that you might need to investigate further.
I'm not even sure if 'few extra pounds' is even quantifiable... when do a 'few extra pounds' become 'too fat to date'?
Obviously 100 pounds, and obviously not 1 pound.
But 50? Maybe 10?
I don't know.
 Cdan1957
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2016 6:01:17 AM

Someone saying they are taller than they are is as much a lie as saying they are single when they are married.
You're trying to say that some lies are better than other lies and so it's a crock to judge dates on lies because some lies are tiny and inconsequential while other 'bad' lies destroy marriages and lives.

Some lies are better than other lies? Yes that is exactly what I am saying. What I am saying is people should have the ability to look past what is said and try to determine the purpose of what they say. If someone adds two inches to their height because they are self-consciousness about it is not the same as someone trying to deceive for the purpose of getting someone to engage in an activity that may compromise their morals. I do not agree with people that see things as black and white. The fact that someone says they are 5'11" instead of 5'9" doesn't mean they are a natural born liars. If you choose to view things in absolutes that is your choice, I do not.
 2ufo
Msg: 89
Posted: 6/15/2016 8:04:59 AM
Cdan...
I agree with you in that there are few things that are absolutes or black/white with no middling gray area.

A lie is not one of these things.
Why would someone claim to be 5'11" when they are 5'9"? Because they want to deceive someone into going on a date with them and 'forgive' their lie of who they are?
Dating someone who is 5'9" or 5'7" or shorter would not compromise my morals.
I don't know if dating a liar compromises MY morals, but something is certainly compromised. His morals, perhaps?
Why should I date a man who feels that a 'little white lie' about his height is justified simply to meet someone to possibly date?
Why would someone who is self-conscious about his height lie simply to make it easier for someone to say 'you're really short for someone who's supposed to be almost 6''?
Does he really want someone to walk out when he shows up because he now has two strikes against him (short and a liar) rather than simply one (short) for someone who doesn't mind because it was honestly posted in his profile?

I disagree with you in that someone who claims to be 5'11" when they are 5'9" isn't a 'natural born liar'. Someone who will lie about something so inconsequential that it makes no difference to most people wouldn't hesitate to lie about something far more important.

(All opinions, here and elsewhere, are IME.)
 KalGrl
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2016 10:32:52 AM
When someone points out a lie it does not constitute black or white thinking.
A lie is a false statement with deliberate intent to deceive. Then by definition adding 2 inches to one height is a lie.
If one wants to say that some lies are justifiable or some lies are worse then others it does not change the fact that they are still lies.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 91
Posted: 6/15/2016 10:44:55 AM
Is height with or without shoes?

I mean, I'll be wearing shoes when I meet her...
 Cdan1957
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2016 11:31:19 AM

Is height with or without shoes?

I don't know, maybe they should add a category on pof...with or without and leave it up to people imagination as to what it is.

Yes a lie is a lie and those who will lie about their height will lie about everything and if you catch them lying about one thing then kick their ass to the curb, people never change, cheaters always cheat...damn I thought I was cynical, compared to some of the people on here I am frikken Mary Poppins.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 93
Posted: 6/15/2016 11:35:29 AM
I socially drink often so I selected social drinker vs often.
 Cdan1957
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2016 11:46:43 AM
If I were dating some of the women on here often wouldn't be enough. Lets see I put 6 foot and in reality I am 5'11 1/2'...LIAR!!! I put mixed color hair and it is pretty much all gray now..LIAR!!!! This probably means I am really married with 5 young kids and will steal your money and screw your sister.....
 moraima
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2016 2:54:07 PM
^^^^ Guessing, Not liar!
 ohenryx
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2016 3:07:54 PM

If I were dating some of the women on here often wouldn't be enough. Lets see I put 6 foot and in reality I am 5'11 1/2'...LIAR!!! I put mixed color hair and it is pretty much all gray now..LIAR!!!!

This probably means I am really married with 5 young kids and will steal your money and screw your sister.....

That depends. How much money does she have? And is her sister cute?
 2ufo
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/15/2016 4:12:54 PM
OK Cdan...

The very first time you meet someone from POF and you notice she's 50 pounds overweight (when she had 'a few pounds over' on her profile)...
What's your reaction to her 'little white lie'?
What do you think about her even before she notices where you're sitting?
Do you think you can trust her?

And, you haven't even met yet.
 Cdan1957
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2016 4:27:49 PM

The very first time you meet someone from POF and you notice she's 50 pounds overweight (when she had 'a few pounds over' on her profile)...
What's your reaction to her 'little white lie'?

It's happened in the past, It wont happen in the future. I am done looking. However, that's not the issue. When it happened in the past, I assumed she was not happy with the way she looked and felt the need to misrepresent what she looked like. I am not attracted to overweight women so a second date would never happen. That doesn't mean that I believed everything she told me was a lie. I didn't hide my wallet or believe I couldn't trust her. It doesn't mean I am going to feel completely lied to or angry. People will try to put themselves in a positive light, they will tone down their perceived faults and focus on their positive attributes. Someone saying their are taller than they are or slimmer than they are doesn't make them a habitual liar.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2016 5:33:15 PM
If I liked a guy and he had lied about his age by two years, no big deal as he had explained why. Women lie about their ages all the time after all. As for smoking, if he is a heavy smoker that would turn me right off. As the relationship progresses you would find out what else he may have lied about I imagine.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 100
Posted: 6/15/2016 5:49:53 PM
Actually, someone claiming to be a non-smoker is the one "lie" I'll tolerate, because so many people are trying to quit, and it can take a lot of tries and a lot of failings.

* Oh - and the body type thing, because so many chubby men honestly believe they have "athletic" body types, I think.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > smoker who lied on profile