Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 imreallygreat
Msg: 24
profile reviewPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

No. I mean list at least 6-8 of your Interests in that field. Once women view your photo and stats, and assume they haven't clicked away yet, they will skim the Interests field to a) see what you may have in common, b) get a sense of your personality and humour, and c) decide if they want to bother reading the rest.

ohhhhh thanks! that helps heaps! will do that!
 imreallygreat
Msg: 25
profile review
Posted: 1/28/2015 9:26:03 PM

NouNou, I like all of your photos except 5, blue shirt with open collar. I especially like the pic of you up on the roof. That's a shirt as far as that pic is concerned. I usually mark those shirtless pics when I rate images, but keep that pic.

EDIT: One bit of advice: I'd change the user name after you're through with profile review. Or can he change it mid-review?

Thanks for the compliment CuriousinDB, thats me in an obstacle course race. Why do you want me to change my user name, what other user names can you suggest?
 imreallygreat
Msg: 26
profile review
Posted: 1/28/2015 9:52:58 PM

Hi NouNou,

First off:
Screen name: imreallygreat
Header: so lets have a great time
First line: I'm really great at a hell of a lot of things...
Every sentence in first paragraph starts with "I'm really great".

Do you think I should change everything from the above, what suggestions can you make? Whats some of the humerous content I can keep? I'm working on rehasing my whole profile description, maybe my whole account?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 27
profile review
Posted: 1/29/2015 6:51:48 AM
This is really coming along nicely. Still not a fan of pic 5, blue shirt. Don't think it does you justice but I guess you and maybe some of the folks here in reviews like it.

Thanks for the compliment CuriousinDB, thats me in an obstacle course race. Why do you want me to change my user name, what other user names can you suggest?

No idea, NouNou. I'm terrible at user names. hahahaha I really like NouNou though. Is that your given name? Maybe combine it with something. I chose "curious" as part of my user name because it's probably my defining personality trait. Some folks are really great at user names. I'm thinking you'll have suggestions here.

It's looking really good. I feel good about this one.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 28
profile review
Posted: 1/29/2015 7:13:02 AM
break down that last paragraph into a few paragraphs - info runs on and when scanning it she might miss reading about your volunteer work, etc.
I don't dislike the User name, especially because you riff off it in your text
Blue shirt - color is good, to me it looks ill fitting and honest, wrinkled.
If you want to change the User name you have to delete and rejoin, so make sure to save your profile!!!
Header - idk, not enuff coffee. hmm, corny as can be, what about " say Yes" cute play on your name :) omg, I am turning corny in my twillight years. Call the Betty Ford Center stat
For msgs keep them short and easy, ask only one Question. Don't take it to heart if you don't get a reply back.
Use this as one resource, keep looking RT as well
And you are smart - hope you pop by and help with reviews. There are also other forums on POF.
Caption function isn't working at the moment.
Take care
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 29
profile review
Posted: 1/30/2015 9:42:25 AM
Wow. Oh well. We did our best.

I just go into it hoping for a good outcome. What else can we do?

Troll profile?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review