Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Valentine's Day      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tgif111
Msg: 101
Valentine's DayPage 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I call all the ladies that I know and wish them Happy Valentines Day.

all the restaurants will be full so I took a lady out last and the room was filled but not overcrowded.
we danced for 3 hours.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2015 3:09:09 PM
I've been here in Florida for the last 2 weeks visiting my Mom, Sister and step brother and his family. My Mom turned 89 on the 13th. and we threw her a party and had a fun evening catching up on old times.

For me, there was no romance but sure was a lot of love. Tomorrow I am headed north into the cold and Florida was a welcome respite from the cold. Seeing my family again was just the thing to warm my heart. Happy Valentines to all....
 ozsealady1
Msg: 103
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2015 3:19:29 PM
Should have also reported that I too went to visit a nursing home and wished everyone I saw Happy Valentines Day.
And yes... there was a dog.
The worlds ugliest dog.
A pug.

The oldies all thought the pug was gorgeous.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 104
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2015 4:51:39 PM
Happy Birthday OzSea
I am glad you had companionship & I think u were very clever in ur approach XoX Many Happy Returns (sounds like a shopping disaster?)
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 105
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2015 5:59:00 PM
Happy Valentine's Day to all! I've had such a busy week all week and I was planning on staying home tonight. Then someone asked me out and so much for relaxing lol.
 petula1908
Msg: 106
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2015 7:06:52 PM
tgig111

Ahh dancing all night, that is my idea of fun. What does "took a lady out last" mean?
 petula1908
Msg: 107
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2015 7:12:37 PM
Brilliant suggestions, daynadaze.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 108
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2015 4:17:01 AM
I did a good deed on Valentine's Day. Not that I intended to, this was unexpected.

Woke up in bed with my wife, we started Valentine's Day the way you might expect. (the dog was jealous).

Then went to the store with my wife and on the street there was a taxi stalled in one of the lanes, the driver was an older man with long hair trying to push the taxi out of the traffic flow.

My wife wanted me to help him out, so I circled around the block and parked in a close by parking lot.

The man had run out of gas, so we helped push the taxi into the driveway of the parking lot.

He asked me where the closest gas station was, I asked did he had a gas can? No, but maybe he could find a plastic bottle or buy a gas can, and I said I think the closest gas station is maybe a mile away. (But I know it's Sam's club and you need a membership card. Which I have but doubted he did)

I thought, what the heck, in for a penny, in for a pound. So I told him come with me, I will drive back to my house which was only a mile away, I have a can of gas in the garage, it's easier for me to get the gas and give you a couple of gallons.

I chatted with the man as I drove, how did he end up out of gas, what makes a taxi more durable, BTW it wasn't his car he was just the driver.

So we got the gas, put it in his car, he gave me $10 for my trouble, and we went along our way to the store.

Later that evening I took both my mother and wife out to a rib dinner at Fridays, saving the bones for the dog.

Later that night we started watching "Meet My Valentine" on TV and online dating does play a minor role in the movie, so I got a laugh thinking about the movie and POF.

Though Meet My Valentine is overall a bittersweet / sad movie about the husband dying, so half way through my wife switched to watching the Twilight saga while I continued to watch Meet My Valentine. (I have two TVs about 15 feet apart, I often watch CNBC all day long during the day.)

Overall, a bit of a different day.
 Walts
Msg: 109
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2015 6:09:49 AM
Instead of sending some bought cut flowers to "all the women I know", the weather drew me to the backyard, and I tended to the living plants that will give me a smile for the rest of the growing season. 10 degrees Celsius, or about 52 degrees F for you Yanks. Love was in the air though. The birdies are quite excited with the warmth, including a pair of eagles and hummingbirds. My heart was warmed all day because of the life spring brings.

This morning?

I'm a tad sore.
 _babblefish
Msg: 110
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:42:31 AM
well i had my world rocked last night . . . actually it was more a loud whoosh, followed with a grumbling roll

8:12 PT - 3.2 magnitude off UBC @ Vancouver 11miles directly across the water from me
O_O
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:43:01 AM
@ Dragonbytes...

A taxi cab driver who doesn't know when to fuel up or where a gas station is?

Am I the only one that finds that a little strange?
 cooldog65
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:49:50 AM
My night at 2 strip clubs was fun. A lap dance from a 35 year old and another from a 23 year old.
 Walts
Msg: 113
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2015 8:57:56 AM

well i had my world rocked last night . . . actually it was more a loud whoosh, followed with a grumbling roll

8:12 PT - 3.2 magnitude off UBC @ Vancouver 11miles directly across the water from me
O_O

Thought I felt sumttin last night, and then, after some thought, I just blamed the nectar of the gods.
 _babblefish
Msg: 114
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2015 9:22:41 AM

Thought I felt sumttin last night, and then, after some thought, I just blamed the nectar of the gods.

the coordinates first put out by the US geological site last night have been changed, but i read this
morning it was about 20K north of Sechelt, totally explains how not only did we hear it, the house actually
rolled, (like being anchored in an 18ft and riding a ferry wave)

definitely not the glenlivet i was downing for every turnover the canucks were making ;)
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2015 11:42:15 AM
I was actually invited to a "post Valentine Day's lunch" on Monday, because "things are less expensive than on Valentine's Day."

I declined. The wind chill is below 0 here, and I have plenty of delicious food I can eat without worrying about whether or not I'll "break" someone, and I will stay warm and cozy.
 tgif111
Msg: 116
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2015 12:47:01 PM
back in the day they had HUGE valentine cards and I always bought one for my mom.

I think she got a big kick out of it and looked forward to it.

she's gone now.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 117
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2015 2:15:38 PM
Dragonbytes

I did a good deed on Valentine's Day. Not that I intended to, this was unexpected.

The man had run out of gas, so we helped push the taxi into the driveway of the parking lot.

Countryheart

@ Dragonbytes...

Sunday Times
" Good Samaritan helps car jacker purchase gas while driver is bound and gagged in trunk."

SAY IT AIN'T SO!

LOL

LePew
 Demidar
Msg: 118
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2015 6:44:31 PM
For those that wish to know " small, portable city wall- lined with archers " Siege Towers . One of the greatest engineering feats in history was Caesar's siege of Alesia
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 119
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:36:13 PM
I can't resist. This is copied from a Valentines card, from my BF.

"Boy meets girl online.
Boy and girl chat some,
feel the situation out.
Boy and girl meet for real.
Boy actually likes girl.
Girl actually likes boy.
Weird, huh?
Boy and girl keep hanging out,
talking more and having fun.

So far I really like the story of us.
Happy Valentines Day
 dragonbytes
Msg: 120
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:47:45 PM

@ Dragonbytes...

Maybe he just moved into the area. Maybe he was down on his luck and trying to make ends meet.

Maybe he really knew where the gas station was, but by asking me that gave him the opening to ask me to give him a lift to the station. I think that is most likely.

Yes, I did think he was a little flaky, Just being a maybe 60 year old man driving someone else's taxi is going to mean the guy isn't going to be much of a success at life.

At first I passed the taxi, and spotted a woman walking down the road with small suitcase in her hand. My first thought was that she was his passenger. I considered asking her if she needed a ride, but thought it might not go over well with the woman. A couple of strangers pulling up beside her and asking her if she needed a ride. Right out of criminal minds.

The driver did tell me that the woman was his passenger, but she only had another block to go.

I asked the drive how this happened, he said he got the taxi from the previous driver, then picked up the woman, she didn't have far to go and while his gas gauge was nearly on empty he thought he could make it. He was within a mile of several gas stations, but normally I fill up at Sam's club so I am not 100% sure where they are.

I am not sure how they work paying for gas when multiple drivers take turns running the same vehicle and only one person owns the medallion. Does the last driver try and run the tank as close to empty as possible to avoid spending money, beats me how they work it.

I chatted with him while driving, I asked if he knew where ECC Community college was, I was interested in how much the fare would be. He vaguely knew where it was, but asked me how many miles. He then calculated what the fair would be, $2 to get in and $2 per mile.

I also asked him was there anything special about the cars selected as taxis, seeing as how they rack up so many miles. We chatted about heavy duty transmissions and overbuilt carbs.

I am sure he was the taxi driver, but I wasn't trying to figure out every detail of how he came to be in a poor situation.
 ApriLikesWhiteRosesOnly
Msg: 121
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/16/2015 4:37:22 AM
Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
Matthew 6:1-4
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 122
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/16/2015 9:13:21 AM
I forgot to buy her chocolates, or flowers, or a card. She forgot to buy me flowers, chocolates, or a card. But friday night she said to me "Are you going to get something for Valentines, because I don't have anything." I told her "No. Our Valentine's was last weekend."
Once we were on the same page, the proceeded to the market bought some incredibly tasty Grass Fed Steaks, several bottle of Tempranillo and Garnacha. We had dinner with the kids, then sent them to bed earlier and enjoyed the rest of the evening for our selves. Over the weekend had an awesome bike ride together, grilled red snappers, and had an awesome weekend.

The only chocolate we had, was from a friend that came back from Switzerland and brought chocolates to all the friends. It was so much better than what you get at a store.

So we had an awesome Valentines by not playing the commercial crap of what Valentines supposed to be.
 mjinict
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/17/2015 1:41:00 PM
I stayed home sick alone after working all day. I didn't want to pass off my germs onto him. It's all good, we're gonna go see Bob Seger tonight, who I saw almost 40 years ago.
 mjinict
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/18/2015 7:08:25 AM
...Great, he gave me a card and candy but I left mine for him at home, lol oh well, it was a great concert.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 125
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/18/2015 7:25:29 AM
Took her to Universal Studios for 10 hours, on a 2nd date.

I've never listened so much my entire life.

I discovered my attention span wasn't 10 hours long.

The Transformers and Simpsons rides were the highlights of Valentine's this year:)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Valentine's Day