Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Valentine's Day      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 176
Valentine's DayPage 8 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I was at starbucks today and they have a table filled with big cutout hearts, etc.
The sign says "Post a picture!"
You pose with the hearts...signs...heart frame etc., take a picture and then post it.
Waiting in line for my very berry, another customer says "Want to smile for the
camera?" I said heck yeah...so we took our picture holding up a heart frame. He
gave me a peck on the cheek and said smile...and *snap*.

Who knows maybe hollywood will call now...or playboy. The good news is playboy
isn't doing nudes anymore.
 sactownromantic
Msg: 177
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/11/2016 1:34:13 PM
I'm going to a winery on Saturday to get drunk and flirt, Sunday I'll be sleeping off a hangover. : )
 Walts
Msg: 178
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/11/2016 5:41:51 PM
I got a headache just reading about you getting drunk on wine ;)

And on a Saturday no less!!!!!!
 cooldog65
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/11/2016 7:37:15 PM
ruth52...

where are you 
like your funny post im just looking for a party on this day and to just quit thinking about the past listen to music have dinner

Who are you talking to?
 flaneur001
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/11/2016 9:11:45 PM
vividbluefishies: Serendipity! Cheers!

Messages this short may not be posted
 Stellan77
Msg: 181
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/12/2016 9:51:58 AM
Well according to the author and columnist Marc Rudov, men should boycott Valentines Day because men spend twice as much money on women as women do on men; not mention, everything is so overpriced and all the commercials and ads are aimed at men.
 Maleman999
Msg: 182
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/12/2016 10:35:15 AM
^^^Good luck telling a woman you meet you're boycotting Valentine's Day. She will probably boycott dating you.
 lil_poppy
Msg: 183
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/12/2016 10:44:00 AM
I've never been into the Valentine's Day hype. Not while dating, not while married. It was just never my thing and I thought it was just hyped up crap to make people buy things. It has become almost as bad as Mother's Day or Father's Day. What ever happened to just cooking dinner for Mom and maybe getting her a dozen carnations? Now it's all about diamonds and other trinkets and bling. I'd just love to spend the day with my kids and grandchildren and have a bbq. Simple.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 184
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/12/2016 12:43:44 PM
I boycott men who need someone else to tell them what to boycott.

Valentine’s Day should be subtitled, “What’s in it for meeeeeeeeeeeeee??”

Actually that’s some people’s life mantra.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/12/2016 1:33:25 PM

Well according to the author and columnist Marc Rudov, men should boycott Valentines Day because men spend twice as much money on women as women do on men; not mention, everything is so overpriced and all the commercials and ads are aimed at men.

Naw, guys don't have to boycott it. They can just personally avoid spending too much and making it a nice take-her-out date with romance, and guys will be happy. Why? He'll enjoy it if he truly likes her -- and when he applies one stipulation: March 14th -- Steak & BJ day. Google it. :)
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 186
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/12/2016 1:38:58 PM
I tuned in this morning to the a.m. TV news program, 'CBS This Morning' with Charlie Rose, Gayle King and Norah O'Donnell. At one point they showed a clip of James Corden, host of one of those Late Night TV shows, doing a bit about Valentine's Day. How he sympathized with the plight of men who had just gotten married, men who had been married forever, men newly single and the worst--- The man who has just been dating a woman for a couple of weeks---what to do on Valentine's Day---gift or not?

Gayle and Norah went back and forth with the usual female banter about Valentine's day. Charlie was quiet and then with a twinkle in his eye said---'If you are in a frame of mind of ACCELERATING the relationship, give a nice gift~'

(or something close to that...)

Gayle and Norah both turned pink and looked at him wide -eyed, like 'Charlie you sly dog---didn't know you still had it in ya!'

A hilarious moment in time AND REALLY GOOD ADVICE!

I don't think Charlie has ANY problems with the ladies~ ;-)
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 187
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/12/2016 2:02:11 PM

men should boycott Valentines Day because men spend twice as much money on women as women do on men;

Really?

I never gave that much credence to any of these ridiculous holidays. But when ever possible, used them to my advantage.

This year, we may go to see Deadpool then go home and drink some wine and engage in the type of activities that would be posted only on the other forum. Hahahahaha.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 188
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/12/2016 2:09:35 PM
Nice gift and it can be renamed Penis Christmas, or Happy Kids are at Grandparents, etc
IG - you are Henry related by chance?
Deadpool is not really an X man movie btw
 showboatsupreme
Msg: 189
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/12/2016 2:32:56 PM
Not sure if being a VIP with FTD is a good thing or not...
 dragonbytes
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/12/2016 4:12:03 PM
^^^ I had heard that the VIP with FTD who had a STD was a FWB!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/12/2016 5:48:12 PM
Karma. buy yourself some nice flowers, heart shaped chocolates and be glad that you are not hankering after someone who does not want you or feeling pressured to put out because gifts have been bought. As you date so much something may turn up at your door, anyway.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 192
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/12/2016 7:37:22 PM
Well I might have a few dates this weekend, but so far it's just talk. We'll see if it'll actually happen, you never know with POF and Tinder lol.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 193
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2016 2:20:46 AM

the first meet went well. he was nervous, i could tell, but otherwise we had a good time together, and the conversation was comfortable. then yesterday i ran into him at a shop in my neighbourhood, (he happens to live about twelve blocks from me) and after chatting again for a bit, we made a date for valentine's day. so, yeah, i have an actual real date this weekend - imagine that.

How lovely. Enjoy yourselves!
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 194
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2016 2:33:22 AM
My VIP with FTD fromn the OC sent a bouquet of roses from 4,000 miles away. The gift was kind and generous and unasked for, but not enough to book a status of FWB and NSA entanglements or any eventualities in LDR/LTR are worth the angst.

Dodging any potential STDS in GH or worse, a future in RIP'ing from a FWTD, from this distance, is always the best dodge. Thank you, from across the pond, though.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 195
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2016 5:43:46 AM
I have no idea what you just wrote other than
sent a bouquet of roses from 4,000 miles away. The gift was kind and generous and unasked for, but not enough to book

hahah

A bouquet of roses from a VIP via FTD trumps an STD in GH or future RIPs from a FWTD any day!

It's the thought that counts... ;-)
 illinigirl2168
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2016 9:05:54 AM
Both my Friday and Saturday night dates flaked out.. even after saying they "can't wait" in the mornings..then come 3 o'clock, I call to confirm..phones shut off. No response to messages. What is WRONG with people? Bad karma, for sure. At least I didn't leave the house. One was 33, one was 49, so the age thing doesn't wash. Usually have better luck with younger, anyway, go figure. Probably married.

But alas, woke up to a lovely intelligent message, meeting him at 1 for****ails on a snowy afternoon. 99% chance no flake, don't feel that with this one, but you never know I guess..

I really feel the need for some drinks, intelligent conversation, and some laughs.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2016 4:26:19 PM

Both my Friday and Saturday night dates flaked out.. even after saying they "can't wait" in the mornings..then come 3 o'clock, I call to confirm..phones shut off. No response to messages. What is WRONG with people?

Well, Illinois lost to Northwestern by 2. Maybe that? :)
 bluebayouu
Msg: 199
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2016 4:41:00 PM
I bought myself chocolates and wine. You don't need a day or a date to enjoy life.
 daynadaze
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2016 8:02:45 PM
I decided to put a twist in my Valentine's Day and spill very hot soup between my two middle fingers. Damn that hurt! Luckily I was very close to the sink and put my hand in water till the burning stopped.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Valentine's Day