Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Valentine's Day      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Valentine's DayPage 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
so he had not suggested another date after the first one? I hope he was not stalking you....lol!!Hope it all went well but going out Valentines Day can be a bit pressured with someone you hardly know. IMO.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2016 8:54:35 PM
illinigril

Hope there was not a flake with the guy amongst the snowflakes. Do you hear their voices before you arrange to meet ? If you are considering guys in their early thirties then they are up for casual usually. But that can be fun as long as you don't want anything lasting or serious.
 illinigirl2168
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2016 9:30:49 PM
Ha! I actually was asked to go to the game, but decided not to, to be nice and to keep the date..ironic, huh? Although we got robbed on that last p;ay, should have been a no-call and gone into OT. No matter, really, lost season anyway..hopefully a firing on the horizon. I want my Top 25 team back!:)

Today's date showed up. Very nice guy, 39..fun day having drinks. burgers, and watching college basketball.

To answer the one question..yes, I had talked to both of them on the phone..twice each actually. So nothing guarantees anything, apparently. I'm not a texter, so they called (some guys REFUSE! *boggle* and that's the end of that) but these guys asked to call - did - and STILL flaked.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 204
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2016 6:36:58 AM
I had a great Valentines even though we sort of down played the downplaying.
One of the kids wanted a sleep over with grandma and the other one was going to spend the night at a friend's house. Both plans fell off, so instead of going to a restaurant we decided to stay home and cook. My lovely SO downplayed the whole Valentine's thing, but said she had a little thing for me. I told her that I didn't get her a card and she laughed and said she didn't either. Dinner plans were going to be Blackened Red Fish served with Italian Parley New potatoes. We had to go to a special market that has more exotic fish and it's a bit out of the way, but that market has horrible prices for win. So we had to then go to another market to get the wine. When we got to the second market she said that she was tired and was going to wait with one of the kids in the car. So I went in, got the wine and got her a 12 red roses. She told me that she knew I was going to get the roses and loved it, regardless of how cliche it was.
We went home, cooked and awesome dinner, watched some tacky Valentine movie, as per request of the youngest, then sent them to bed. After everything was quiet, we retired and discovered that my gift was a matching panties and teddy with a leopard see through pattern. Hmmmm.

We've been together for two years, yet it's good to know that the honeymoon is still alive. However, it's so easy to start taking your SO for granted and fall into the routines of quotidian life.
 IgottaName
Msg: 205
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2016 6:50:32 AM
For me the real holiday is today, February 15th, 70% Off Chocolate Day!
 ohenryx
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2016 8:26:04 AM
I love Valentine’s Day. I started getting text messages (and emails) wishing me a Happy Valentine’s Day before I even woke up at 9. Picked the most promising, and went from there. I absolutely love the 21st century, and bold women!

Messages this short may not be posted
 Maleman999
Msg: 207
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2016 9:34:04 AM

For me the real holiday is today, February 15th, 70% Off Chocolate Day!

No half price or 70% off chocolates and candy on Feb. 15 where I am. Today is a a holiday in the upper bowl of North America-"Family Day" (a recent government invention), so all stores are closed. So what I did is go to Walmart on V-Day at about 9:00 p.m., thinking the V-Day goodies would be on sale by then, since they would be closed the next day. But they tricked me. When I got there and went to the area where all of the V-Day goodies were, they replaced it with Easter stuff. No V-Day chocolates and candies anywhere in sight. Bah Humbug (wrong season, but same sentiment).
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 208
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2016 1:45:30 PM

followed up with drinks, home made supper and snacks...

Any Valentine's day hanky panky?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2016 2:35:54 PM
No one is forcing you to spend any money on Valentines Day at all. If a woman dumps on you because you have failed to spend the money on overpriced roses and chocolates then she has her values wrong. Men will buy this stuff for appeasement and to avoid anger and recrimination. It all sucks.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2016 2:40:17 PM
as usual you are sharing just a bit too much Inner Gorilla. Either that or you have a vivid imagination.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 211
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2016 2:48:27 PM

as usual you are sharing just a bit too much Inner Gorilla.

As usual? Ha.

In the past, I would have started with the very last sentence and made it rated R. Instead it's quite PG.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 212
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2016 2:50:42 PM
IG - I'm impressed she found lingerie in your size :/
But fish and parsley .. shudder
hanky panky LOLOL
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 213
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2016 2:59:55 PM

IG - I'm impressed she found lingerie in your size :/

Now THAT's funny!!!!

No, I am not king on wearing women's garments. But the image was too funny.
The fish did not have the parsley, the new potatoes did. Quite tasty.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 214
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2016 3:21:43 PM
Yes I know - I was thinking fish breathe and parsley in the teeth to complete the visual. You know I can't help myself at times :)
 bluebayouu
Msg: 215
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/15/2016 4:37:10 PM
I bought a bottle of wine and a little box of Belgium chocolates to share with a single friend of mine last night. She called in the afternoon sick as a dog and we did the "see ya next time" thing. This morning in my chocolate haze I realized I'd spent (and ate) 9 chocolates at $18.99. 9 chocolates. Do you know how many ordinary chocolate bars I could have bought at WalMart for $18.99? Oh, I have a little bit of wine left. And, at $18.99 plus the wine, I didn't even put out.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 216
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/16/2016 8:16:10 AM

That was before we got out of bed for the day.... By the time the day was over we were both too tired...

I see. I would love to give you a proper response to your post, but I would have to move the thread to the err. Sex forum.

But nothing like being exhausted with that nasty, naughty grin on your face that remembers all the fun angles to the night before.

The best tired ever.
 ohenryx
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/13/2017 1:59:26 PM
Just bringing this old thread back to the top, as tomorrow is Valentine's Day yet again. Funny how fast the years roll by.

Anyone with big plans?

I have nothing planned myself, I'm trying to recover from a cold. I am back at work after missing Thursday and Friday of last week, but I'm still quite weak, so slow recovery mode.
 Chromis1
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/13/2017 2:17:35 PM
Tomorrow night, just pizza and beer; the celebration waits for this weekend. Watch "Beauty and the Beast" Friday night, get her car serviced Saturday afternoon, shooting range that evening, Walmart shopping Sunday morning, Penguins hockey game Sunday afternoon, nice dinner Sunday night. It might sound a bit odd, but it's what we enjoy doing. :)
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 219
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/13/2017 2:29:15 PM
Planning to get a lot of work done on the computer on the 14th. Afternoon weather might be good for getting some yard work done.

As usual, dates earlier this winter didn't materialize into a relationship, at least not yet. Nobody for whom it would be appropriate to go anything for the helliday.

Will listen to more records and less radio because of so many ads from diamond sellers.

Diamonds are morally bankrupt. Western corporations exploit slave labor in Africa, destroying the environment to mine the carbon. In addition, giving your woman diamonds increases the chance she gets mugged. It can also be viewed as a form of prostitution.

Complete silence from the people who cherry pick their complaints about gender roles. Number of those people complaining about VD ads in which it's always a male customer spending money on a female partner: ZERO! They gladly accept materialistic handouts.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 220
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/13/2017 3:11:20 PM
Henry, hope you are fit as a fiddle in no time!

Sent the kiddos a valentines card from Barnes and Noble. I couldn't resist. It's a pop up card with cutesy animals and one of these is a fave, the raccoon. Card also plays a tune.

Card mailed to my mom, and will leave card for daughter tomorrow.

Weekend away just passed. BF got me a red pinky ring, while at the Easyriders Bike show.
Weekend away next weekend, will celebrate more then.

Chromis, GO Pengos!
 sun___flower
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/13/2017 3:25:15 PM

Watch "Beauty and the Beast" Friday night

Which version, Chromis?

Your weekend doesn't sound odd to me - doing errands together and then having a nice dinner sounds good. :-)
 Chromis1
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/13/2017 3:53:06 PM

Chromis, GO Pengos!

Haha! Go Pengos!

Sun_flower, the '91 animated movie. Still one of my favorite musicals. I could be wrong, but I think it's been the only animated movie ever nominated for a Best Picture Oscar. It's awesome.
 Seki1949
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/13/2017 5:17:33 PM
I think Valentine's Day only happens on even numbered years.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 224
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2017 10:56:11 AM
I like valentine's day!
I sent out a bunch of cards.
I put starbucks gift cards in some,
ice cream coupons in others, bookstore
gift cards in a few.

I don't really need a special day to give gifts,
but for some reason, some people need a special
day to accept them.

Weird to me.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 225
Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2017 11:07:07 AM
That IS weird , Boo !

People can feel free to shower me with gifts anytime !

Bring it on !
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Valentine's Day