Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OtisGreening
Msg: 29
are women too fussyPage 2 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
^^^ LOL! Agreed. Strawberry Jello shut this thread DOWN.
 daynadaze
Msg: 30
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/29/2015 11:30:07 AM
Nothing is wrong, it's your everyday problem for many people, they completely understand that they don't want to date certain women or men and yet they are befuddled that there are so many women or men they want to meet, who do not want to meet them. It's really very simple. And those obese women with baggage, low income and low social skills, many of them won't want to date you because they have every right, just as you do, to not be attracted to you. How dare they? Just the same as you dare have preferences. Being fat & ugly to you, in no way means they should not think they are just as good as you or anyone else. Many women & men who fit your worthless list, are happily with someone else, it has nothing to do with what you find repulsive and everything to do with what others find more than acceptable. You can whine here if it helps, you can bash women who don't want to meet you, but you won't change anything, they still don't want to meet you, you are still on their list of No Way!
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 31
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/29/2015 11:31:33 AM
No different than men a dogs, pigs that only want sex.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 32
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/29/2015 12:40:23 PM

ive chatted to obese below average women with plenty of baggage low income and poor social skills yet judging from profiles and chats believe they can bag a wealthy prince charming hunk comedian......

Who are you to say who anyone can “bag?” Why are you chatting with women you have such blatant contempt for? Hoping to “bag” a little from someone you deem desperate for your “sex god” bod? OMG

thing that gets me is when you message a woman and she doesnt reply i think ok shes chatting to more suitable potential partners yet months years later they are still here searching for mr right?

Why do you care? They’ve already rejected you. What women you don’t know do and why they do it is none of your business. Maybe you have trouble dating because you’re pompous, judgmental, arrogant, cruel, entitled and you’re blaring it all over the place.

women im not attracted too see me as some sort of adonis sex god.

im a modest guy…..

Obviously!
 Walts
Msg: 34
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/29/2015 5:03:48 PM

'Cause there is no way on God's green Earth I would date 50% of the men on here!

Me neither.

Short, shorter, shortest, shortlisted, shortcoming, shortbread.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 35
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/29/2015 5:30:36 PM
You all are on fire today :)
Strawberry wins the best reply of the week. A copy of Blueguy dating guide is in the mail for you Ms Strawberry
Those darn uppity women. Adonis. I am still giggling
And above average in bed
I might as well cancel my cable, this is too much fun
 purplerider1200
Msg: 36
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/29/2015 5:35:45 PM
I'd agree to most of the suggestions, except profession. Should you get in with one that you like, (And vise-versa) eventually your true line of work will surface, and may just kill the deal. Obviously, it would get things started, and could give you some experience on OLD, but why lead women on, only to disappoint them later? Women will always play pick and choose, and we will always question their choices. I'd rather be up front, and let them see me for who I am, than to beat myself to death trying to please one that expects more than what I can offer.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 37
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/29/2015 6:54:08 PM
At first I thought it read "are women too fuzzy?" I was thinking not that I've noticed...carry on
 mike11091
Msg: 38
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/29/2015 6:55:22 PM
Oh look.

I was getting suspicious, TBH, because I hadn't seen one of these threads in awhile.

I will say that lowering one's expectations is the way to go. Not one's standards. Just expectations. IE: you expect people to believe you're above average in bed. Lower that...alot, because chances are, if you have to say it, it isn't true. Or the expectation that women MUST reply to you because mommy said you're beautiful.

Also, the expectation that any website is going to provide you with a quick lay at your behest.
 calguy14
Msg: 39
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/29/2015 7:38:42 PM
This thread is full of BS.He's a cleaner and no woman wants that.He could be completely out of shape,ashen and unable to feed or dress himself but if he's a lawyer he gets the green light.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 40
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/29/2015 7:49:06 PM
What the hell is the point of gender bias? Read my profile to understand why you don't get messages.

You have to weight the factors, you have to understand the concept of partialism, preference in height/weight, preference in beards vs clean shaven. I mean you can get as stupid as you want with it, because im sure you have your preferences as well. No double standard there right?

You got superficial misconception which is the only concept you sort of misconstrued, and when you associate women not replying because they may be fussy - you simply see one dimensional. Some of these women may be keeping the profile open to play the field, some women may be lying about who they are, some women don't know what they want, shit - some women may be men with a fake profile to get some type of attention from other males.

When you engage in online dating, you have to understand that people will do whatever they want. Especially when they hide behind complete obscurity. Some men create fake profiles to simply get nude pictures of women. The general rule is be smart, learn how to identity fraud, otherwise be vexed.

A common issue is that dates are not often kept, there is a lot of failure to meet. So there are many levels of deceit, but the general rule is you have to be exceptionally handsome as a male. And men being the pigs they generally are send out floods of nonsense - so much so that you can be lost in a bunch of "hi" and "hey what's up." I have literally had a women message me, that I previously messaged and thought I was burned by. So go figure right?

You run the numbers, get the statistics, and run your ass through the algorithm - you basically get 4%. You have a much better chance of growing some balls, understanding your 1-10 scale. If you want to go up - get superficialized through the gym or by getting educated and financially secure.

The world doesn't give a f*** about your pain, know that, because that is one constant that will never go away.
 basilisk123
Msg: 41
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/29/2015 8:01:41 PM
OP, Welcome to Online Dating!

Alot of it is your profile. I highly recommend profile review once you write something more than bare bones.

The attractive women online are super selective, which is good and bad. I wouldn't call it fussy though. When you get hammered with 10****pix and 50 messeges of "hi" a day, you tend to become desensitized. It's not personal.

Many that don't choose you are not super uptight either. You just do not fit what they want. It is that simple. It is not to say you are not attractive, it is just saying they feel you would be incompatible with them. It is the same way you think those girls you don't like are incompatible with you.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 42
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/29/2015 8:06:40 PM
Op, turn the search engines around. Look at a whole bunch of other guy's profiles! Get an idea what you need to do!

This is a competitive place, you have to compete.
 petula1908
Msg: 43
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/29/2015 8:08:25 PM
Afraid Calguy is right in some respects. But too far to say that a lawyer who is an invalid will get the girls. lol!!!

So yes it takes more than being tall and attractive looking and your friends may say you should be able to get anyone but they are overlooking some important points.

The profile is very poor with no effort. YOu are a cleaner with no car it seems, right? So about equal with the low income women you are bagging, right??. And why would you waste your time contacting women you find unattractive, by the way? Just to see who replies and then maybe settle for one that may agree to meet you, hoping they will be easy??

Also the attractive women on here may be fakes or flakes because in reality they dont have to trawl dating sites like these unless they just want to have some fun. So whether they are chatting to other more suitable candidates, who knows?
 ItCouldBeNice
Msg: 44
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/29/2015 10:55:53 PM
No women are not too fussy.

"yet women im not attracted too see me as some sort of adonis sex god"

Obviously some women find you attractive and want to have sex with you.

If you can't build a relationship with one of these ladies who obviously like you...

you would be the fussy one.
 kj521
Msg: 46
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/30/2015 3:50:38 AM
^^^^^^Swampy.....people will always have opinions and many will make unfair judgements....

Are you happy with what you do? Is the intrinsic value more important than the monetary?

If yes.....then one day someone will come along that recognizes and values you precisely for that.

If no.....then you need to work on finding that purpose and value in yourself first.

Lying to get your foot in the door is never a good option.....

Btw.....use your second pic as your main one but crop out that fluorescent light. :)
 HawkingJr
Msg: 48
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/30/2015 6:37:07 AM
“I'd agree to most of the suggestions, except profession. Should you get in with one that you like, (And vise-versa) eventually your true line of work will surface, and may just kill the deal. Obviously, it would get things started, and could give you some experience on OLD, but why lead women on, only to disappoint them later?”

I don’t think any of us were suggesting he actually go through with meeting women under those circumstances or even necessarily responding to them (“lying to get a foot in the door”). I meant, he should experiment to see if occupation was indeed the problem – kind of like when I would change my height to 6 feet tall for a week and see if my views/messages increased (substantially would be the answer to that). Of course, in his case, if he discovered that occupation was indeed the culprit, he could actually improve his situation – probably not all the way to doctor or lawyer, but still, just knowing what’s tripping you up is half the battle. (That would mostly only explain his OLD issues. His real life failures are a much more puzzling matter.)

“I will say that lowering one's expectations is the way to go.”

Did you ever see that MadTV sketch “Lowered Expectations”? I always kind of wished that was a real dating service.

“If yes.....then one day someone will come along that recognizes and values you precisely for that.”

That’s a real Pollyanna attitude on this matter. Statistically, unrealistic, and the source of much false hope in this world. As many women have stated umpteen thousand times in these forums, no one is entitled to a romantic life.

In fact, tickle me has said that, and yet here she is giving this guy false hope by suggesting improving his lot could lead to romantic involvement. What happens when he improves himself and he still can’t get any dates? I’ll tell you what happens: he’ll come in here and start a thread about how improving himself didn’t lead to any dates, and the usual suspects will jump all over him about his entitlement issues. Impressive indeed, tickle me: you’ve stoked the fires for your flames for many years to come.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 50
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/30/2015 7:14:57 AM
"yes i have low income and no car and yes i have been tarnished with the loser geek tag for the past 10 years you women expect guys to tell the truth yet when we do we get called losers? no wodner so many guys lie they have to lie to get a foot in the door"

You sound more humble and less angry and finger pointing here.

WHO are you going for? Pretty sure a lady with a bunch of similarities wouldn't say no, a single parent, blue collar(not saying you are limited to, but are you considering them also), maybe a bit sad like you(not a slam, many of us deal with depression all our lives and manage to function, if we treat it) into your interests, etc.

Yeah, I am fussy, not to be a meanie, but I am just not able to bond with that many people. I don't know why you don't just cross off the too fussy for you, than moon about them.

Thats what I do, anyone looks down their nose, ok, I move on, not even mad. They are clearly not for me.

There will be a few who are, and you find the ones that want you, and choose from there.
 zapotos
Msg: 51
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/30/2015 7:18:25 AM
Try some punctuation? That is one long run on sentence there.
 kj521
Msg: 52
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/30/2015 8:01:12 AM
Hawking.....

You could call it a Pollyanna attitude if you wish....I find it somewhat misleading, though, as it tends to give a false impression of someone who has never experienced tragedy or adversity. That isn't me. I have seen some of the worst of humanity but even more defining has been to have been blessed to glimpse the pure goodness that also exists....

One such example, is recently I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Nick Vujicic....

Now how in the World does a man born without limbs happen to find love? I have no idea.

But do you think if he focused on the statistical improbability of all the challenges he would face that he would become the person whom his wife loves, values and cherishes?
 CTRLvector
Msg: 53
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/30/2015 8:07:12 AM
Personally I respect all professions, anyone who gets up and busts their ass to make the world a better place - be it janitor or aerospace engineer. I once watched a TED talks, and a gentlemen was speaking about the people that go around collecting trash and bottles. Especially in Brazil, and they recycle 95% of their waste products that way. They do this with rickshaws and just hump that crap around. And without them, that trash would end up in a landfill instead of recycled.

The bums that collect the bottles that are thrown in non-recycle trash to turn them in for booze money, you know - screw it, at least they're doing something other than holding out a sign. And they make the environment a better place, but people look at them with disgust. In brazil they're called "Catadores" and they're badass. Hell even Mcdonalds workers, the grease and constant buzzing sounds in that place would drive me batshit crazy - I would literally rather be deployed than deal with that job - and they get paid poorly to do a maddening job. And people say things like "you had one job to get my food right" which shows a great deal of ignorance. I really think people should check themselves, with respect to that, I think you need to understand what this place is = and check yourself. Because you might be getting defensive and paranoid about the experience, your expectations should be at about the rate of exchange you've been receiving. So you're not doing poorly.

I don't think im better than anyone, but society doesn't reflect that same theology. Often times if a women beats you on a financial, educational, and career capacity then you're done. But I know from police calls in the Army how shitty it can be cleaning up cigarette butts and trash that blew out of a dumpster in 115 degree heat. So props for just having a job and doing your thing, the world needs every kind of personnel. Its just the world doesn't care, the world is cruel, men and women alike.

And they will judge you for your... lack of progress - if you will. And as a man, that puts you in a bad category, because equal rights in workplace - and now especially with economic wage gap for unskilled labor puts you between a rock and a hard spot for any women who has standards with regard to financial security or quality of living. I mean hell, you may not even be able to call them superficial, you can just call them standards, people have them, so do you - no double standard. The extreme example is you wouldn't date a women who was 400 pounds and near death from over eating. A women with a graduate degree for example may in fact look at you the same way as you look at that women. Is it fair ? Doesn't matter, that's life - sugar coating anything is pointless.

You're not a loser, a loser is someone who gives up on himself and his or her calling. And it doesn't seem that you've given up on yourself, if you enjoy your job - screw what people think about it. The issue is superficial bullshit, its the same shit that hits you for physical looks, your confidence plays a huge roll too, in addition to finances and career path or educational goals. Its all superficial, who you are as a person, and what you do for other people is what matters.

This is a form of media grade communication, and there are a lot of men to choose from. Being that it is connected with social media, there is a parallel with superficial desire. You know a good metaphor is when you look through an auto sale booklet, that corvette looks really sexy, but its out of your price range. Still though, because you saw the corvette you may feel the desire to shoot beyond your means so to speak. The other issue is as I have explained in my profile - men sell, women buy - but essentially neither are happy. And it seems inexplicable, but mostly its that you have to be realistic. You have to pay attention to inconsistencies, lies, fabrications, if it doesn't add up - or if its too good to be true - chances are someone is screwing with you.

I know there are some women on here, who are actually models or whatever - and I don't even message them. Because I know they are looking for perfection, and I hardly qualify with respect to being a standard pretty boy type, im too rough for that. Even if they did date me, I wouldn't know what the hell to say to them. And if they haven't added new photos in 6 months and seem to spend an absurd amount of time browsing - probably a fake profile.

So if you messaged a profile like that, too good to be true type, never changing pictures. Chances are you got burnt by someone who uses POF as a pseudo form of romance or whatever ends they get that drives them to the means of "catfishing" The hilarious part is that the law of averages says that fake profiles certainly communicate with each other. The person behind the fake profile - both of them, in their true mortal coil may actually have hit it off had they been forthcoming. How ironic huh? That's what media does, it causes you to feel like you need to be perfect like the well dressed, make-up cake actors or advertisement representatives. The men in magazines, the women on the runway - that actually causes us to hate ourselves, some more than others. And for men, (being the sellers) the lack of response further credits that notion that we must be horribly disfigured online, but its not correct - it just simply is the way society adapted to online dating. And it is amazing that men do 99.9% of the communication, and the trend follows so adherently. Nobody should be gender bias about online dating, because the whole social experiment is screwed up.

This is an extension of communication, and nothing more. If you treat it as more, and get butt hurt about your seeming poor response rate, its not going to do you any justice. Its going to make it harder to get confidence in reality. Have a sense of humor about it, that's what im saying, and I have no idea why I just explained this all in such great detail... but...

Basically I'm saying don't worry, online dating is not that serious, and if you meet someone on here that's worth a damn (outside the forums of course) through POF - you can assuredly count yourself among the few. The best method is to get in fast - set the date up - execute quickly. You will see profiles pop up and go down - some will float around forever for ??? reason, but people do come and go quickly. You don't often hear of the success stories, but I know some women who would have dated me, but I was too slow and actually in one case beat by a Vin Diesel looking guy. Because the funny thing is I saw the girl who chose him apparently over me, playing darts in a bar I was drinking at. So you know - get there before Vin Diesel right? Go for new blood, don't focus on the dead weight.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 54
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/30/2015 8:21:07 AM
Some universal truths, in my universe anyway...

Women are not as forgiving as men, except visually.

You must exceed them in at least area (i.e. financial, educational and career).

Interestingly, I often exceed them in those areas, but then I'll meet the women that have only had 2 divorces and that's clearly better then my 3, so I'm done in that regard too.

Now, I did meet a nerdy engineer, my age that had 4 divorces under her belt. Sadly, the chemistry wasn't there. I should have been more forgiving visually but I just drink enough wine and be productive enough later...

Ducking my head....
 Following_Up
Msg: 55
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/30/2015 8:57:01 AM

A week+ back on the PoF forums for me and what I have come away with is this:

Even though I am having an exceptionally terrible work week, I am SO happy I live in my universe and not that of several of the PoF forum regulars. whew.
 Forte31599
Msg: 56
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/30/2015 9:05:53 AM

I am SO happy I live in my universe and not that of several of the PoF forum regulars. whew.

I've thought the same.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 57
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/30/2015 9:19:35 AM

Even though I am having an exceptionally terrible work week, I am SO happy I live in my universe and not that of several of the PoF forum regulars. whew.

Sorry to hear that. I can say that my week at work has been very stressful. A few meetings, organizing new projects, had a few fights with people that I had to take to the CEO, year planning and so forth.

In the personal side, life if fvcking awesome. My biggest problem is having to deal this the passive aggressive issues of one child and school. Or whether we should eat healthy tonight or say fvck it and have huge red steaks for dinner.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >