Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 787
Are Women Too Fussy?Page 31 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)

He was helping a lady Friend re-shingle Her House & time got away from Him..

Oh, helping a lady "re-shingle her house", huh? Is that what they're calling it these days? ;) He should at least use some spray-on deodorant to cover up the smell of sex. I understand that in the land of POF your schedule from meeting up with one person to another can be hectic -- but always have a utility box in the back of the car to help ya out -- including covering your tracks!
 Muttonforpunishment
Msg: 788
Are Women their own worst enemy sometimes ?
Posted: 2/25/2015 3:30:37 PM

would LH be posting how she got 'Stood Up', again?

I'm waiting for the one about the guy who gave scintillating convo, was in excellent shape but .... had a CHIVE in his teeth !

GASP !
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 789
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/25/2015 4:04:08 PM
BBE

OFFS...... Y'all looking for secret meaning why the Gentleman in question showed up dirty/smelly.......
How about the simple answer..... He was helping a lady Friend re-shingle Her House & time got away from Him.. They were close to finishing the project & he didn't want to desert his friend......

Sorry to disappoint you BBE, but not looking for any secret meaning. The RIGHT choice he had was to call LH and say ... "hey, I got caught up in this project" way before it was time to stop and leave in order to give her a heads up that he would be late or not coming. Instead he pretended it was OK to meet a woman who evidently has a bit of class at a nice establishment in filth. Screw that call last minute crap. He should have been able to tell that the project was going to run long. He should have called well before the time she would have started getting ready. SMH

The guy stinks in more ways then one!

LePew
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 790
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/25/2015 4:11:48 PM
I gotta feeling that Old Spice and Altoids wouldn't be enough to save this chap :)
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 791
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/25/2015 4:16:15 PM
LH, glad to know your skipping the author event. You really should not have to tell a man that he needs to dress for the occasion. Better option would be to take a gal pal now. Have fun!

Mutton.... I resembled that chive comment earlier today... oops.

LePew
 petula1908
Msg: 792
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/25/2015 4:20:30 PM
The thing is smelly fella turned up "overweight and out of shape". That is the real crux of the matter. He was smelly because he was obviously unfit as well.

But who cannot slap on some deodorant and have a quick shower, before a date?? Total disrespect.

If he had been fit and attractive the body odour and workman clothes may have been forgiven. LH ultimately decided that not even the prospect of being regaled with story of adventures etc was not worth the effort of meeting again. Am I right LH??
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 793
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/25/2015 5:02:18 PM

Literate_Hiker:
Usually I'm overdressed in this redneck culture of Wenatchee.

I've observed this all over the USA.......
People move someplace & then turn around & try and change that place to the place they ran away from....
People from California move to Washington or Oregon..... Then try and change them into another California.....
People move from NY or NJ, to the Gulf Coast of Florida, & try and change it into another NY or NJ....

The People that live there already, like it the way it is, & don't care how You did it in NY, NJ, California, or Seattle.....

I'm embarrassed by My fellow Californians at times... Be traveling thru Oregon & hear someone saying, "that's not how we do it in California".... I want to point them to I-5 & tell them to start heading South, till they get back to California.......
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 794
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/25/2015 5:08:04 PM
You know what we should have here? Like profile review but: "Post here for your armchair psychiatrists mental health review."

How much fun would that be?

I'll be the first poster.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 795
view profile
History
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/25/2015 5:12:28 PM

People move from NY or NJ, to the Gulf Coast of Florida, & try and change it into another NY or NJ..

Good points .. the precedence is already been made. South East Florida, from north of Miami- West Palm beach has been conquered by NY and NJ long ago! We call the shots :). It is like our shallowest that seems to have migrated there creating the whole money, sports cars, fashion competition that goes on up here.

I hear LA did the same to Vegas. But I notice locals off the strip to be quite different.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 796
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/25/2015 5:13:21 PM

petula1908: The thing is smelly fella turned up "overweight and out of shape". That is the real crux of the matter. He was smelly because he was obviously unfit as well.

But who cannot slap on some deodorant and have a quick shower, before a date?? Total disrespect. LH ultimately decided that not even the prospect of being regaled with story of adventures etc was not worth the effort of meeting again. Am I right LH??

You are correct, Petula. I think he showed disrespect for me by showing up smelling bad, unshaven and in dirty clothes.
 Walts
Msg: 797
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/25/2015 5:48:27 PM

I think he showed disrespect for me by showing up smelling bad, unshaven and in dirty clothes.

Obviously not enough "disrespect" or you wouldn't have spent an evening with him??????

I'm totally confused.

Hasn't been the first time though.
 IL_Capitano
Msg: 798
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/25/2015 5:49:58 PM

A good conversationalist is not someone who goes on and on about themselves; rather someone who listens much more than they talk. Everyone has their story and everyone wants to be heard, or have someone listen to them.

I'm sure you believe this, but from a guy's perspective, it really is a double edged sword.

Most guys older than about 30-35 know that saying too much is likely to get them kicked to the curb when dating because women look for reasons to eliminate men from their dating pool while men look for reasons to keep dating a woman they go out with.

AND, most men, as they get a bit older, know that women are very good at communicating AT a man, but are not very good at communicating WITH a man....

... I think every woman should date another woman to appreciate the incredible mine-field that men have to negotiate when trying to make a good impression.

purplerider1200
Msg: 799
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/25/2015 5:56:06 PM
If he called you up, and explained his situation, (and current condition) would you have accepted a delay in your meeting just so he could have gone home and cleaned up first?
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 800
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/25/2015 6:02:46 PM
I agree with BBE, this was a damned if you do, damned if you don't issue for the man in question. Disapproval if he cancelled or re-scheduled or disapproval for showing up. I can't imagine if she'd got all gussied up and him cancelling or changing the hour.

I'd like to know how she cancelled this reading arranged for later. Maybe HE wasn't interested in being a "friend".
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 801
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 9:55:49 AM

The thing is smelly fella turned up "overweight and out of shape".

And yet, he had to have had pictures on his profile, since she has nothing to do with men who have no pictures on their profile.
How could he pass the screen test?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 802
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 10:19:54 AM
Apparently, "intelligent" conversation trumps smelly, overweight
and out of shape.
It also trumps disrespect shown actually arriving at the date in such
a state.

I've never actually been that desperate for intelligent conversation...
I'm pretty much surrounded by intelligent people and conversation..
maybe it's time to move or something? I dunno.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 803
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 10:27:13 AM
^^^When I'm in need of intelligent convo and no one is around, I just talk to myself.

No idea wth is going on here. It's just crazy. We're still wanting to hear the restaurant patrons' and staff's reaction to this horrible, smelly thing. I don't feel bad about asking; you post a thread like this, got to expect it.

It's all an ego thing, I guess.

Or something else. Who knows?
 Muttonforpunishment
Msg: 804
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 10:34:12 AM
curiousdb wrote

When I'm in need of intelligent convo and no one is around, I just talk to myself.

That's because you're a dope smoker living in the twilight zone !
Quit ruining America !

If you want to go to the twilight zone do it the American way with good ol nutritious life giving ALCOHOL !

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 805
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 10:36:02 AM

^^^When I'm in need of intelligent convo and no one is around, I just talk to myself.

I was going to say something like that...hahahahaha!

I think there was a bit of an exaggeration here regarding the turn of events.
People who seriously go around smelling for lack of hygiene and have no problem wearing
dirty clothes AND frequenting trendy establishments, clearly have mental health issues...
at least IMO.

Lack of care for personal health and self and is often a warning sign.
 tgif111
Msg: 807
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 10:44:08 AM
perseverance is the key to finding a fun date. it's like looking for arrow points or a really pretty seashell or being successful in business.

if you keep at it and go out on a lot of dates sooner or later a good one appears.

never be afraid of failure or even the appearance of failure.

like Thomas Edison might have said if he were dating, "i didn't fail 10,000 times. finding your soulmate is a 10,000 date process."
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 808
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 10:54:21 AM
@ Lamb Chop and Boo. At least you two denied tgif that opportunity. Boo, you know that's from the marijuana thread, right? Or maybe you just think I'm crazy. That's okay, too.

I'm going to venture out on a limb here and guess that we haven't heard about the patrons' and staff's shocked and appalled reactions because he wasn't at all noticeable in those surroundings.

That's my guess. If I post a thread like this, I'm going to take and answer questions and, if I can't, I'm going to start asking myself some questions.

Just my take on it.
 Maleman999
Msg: 809
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/26/2015 10:54:50 AM

Msg 812: Now now. That's only because the men have already decided the women they're dating have already survived the elimination gauntlet just by being pretty enough to date.

Not true. If a woman shows signs of having a lot of baggage or craziness, almost all guys would forever leave them for the other fishies, except maybe for the extremely desperate, no matter what they look like. And how many women will go out with a guy who they find physically unattractive?
 CTRLvector
Msg: 811
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/26/2015 11:59:49 AM

Most guys older than about 30-35 know that saying too much is likely to get them kicked to the curb when dating because women look for reasons to eliminate men from their dating pool while men look for reasons to keep dating a woman they go out with.

AND, most men, as they get a bit older, know that women are very good at communicating AT a man, but are not very good at communicating WITH a man....

Hello my name is CTRLvector and I am 31 years young. You're 56 there Ilcapitano, and the problem I am having with your statement is that it is... well, I mean come on lets just admit it - men know how to talk and women don't.

Fun Fact: Did you know as of yesterday 5 women made it through the ranger course to get the coveted tab? They've recently been allowed to be slotted for the course. Do you have any idea how badass those women are to have beat the other men who washed out?

Do you know what it is like to watch a 90lb Asian girl walk for hours silently, who is carrying the same combat load (outside of sappy plates) as everyone else? And you wouldn't believe it, but this girl didn't make a sound, didn't complain once.

In comparison we also had a 6' tall 240lb doughboy of a man who whimpered incessantly - the first day he was in the bay I remember he was crying in one of the stalls on the toilet. Sobbing that he didn't go to COP academy or whatever, but because he decided to join the Army and be an MP - his life was hard you know, everyone else wasn't dealing with the same thing. He was special, yeah that doughboy - that's one badass dude - crying on the toilet.

Men, am I right? Kicking ass 100% of the time while women do nothing. And that's a fact, and if you can't fact check it.... don't worry, I already looked it up in my gut. And my gut tells me that men are not the problem, and if they are, it certainly isn't me... why should I be blamed for the issues one man causes to a women? So you know before I miss a beat I just instantly blame women every time from now on.

You know the difference between the 6' doughboy and the 90lb Asian girl? The difference was their gender, I mean imagine that... because this is the overwhelming evidence that should prove me wrong. I mean if I date 50 women in my life, and I am 1 person. That means that 50 /1 = 50. So if myself divided by the number of women I date leaves me as the only common association....

But amazing isn't it? Things women have done recently, lets talk about how men can always communicate better. Because we do, we just do, we don't need to cite a reason - just do. I mean that's straight up logic, don't argue amirite capitainte?

Its funny how people think the world revolves around them. You know those people ilcapitain? Its like, they start dating, and then all of the sudden the behavior of an entire gender conforms to them. You know what I mean capitan? Then they start like, drawing conclusions about how its an entire gender has a problem - and don't for one second consider that they are the only commonality associated with every single encounter with a women.

All other women were individuals. So invariably the issue of communication has to do with pointing a finger, but failing to realize that you've got every other finger pointing back at you.

I mean sure I like a good paradox, I like a good bit of irony, and that's all well and good... but when I taste my reality, I appreciate a bit of a skew in my favor. You know, why judge myself and feel bad, when I can judge others and avoid having to deal with my problems?

Its like every time I communicate with women, they don't know how to communicate with me. These women are all after me too - if I say too much about myself they will remove me because they look for any answer to do so. Vexing as all hell, because I certainly haven't become paranoid as a result of avoiding a critical issue that I have failed to identify.

I mean I have failed to identify it to such a grand order - that I've learned to come up with a convenient excuse for myself, but I haven't come up with a logical reason to conclude that all women change based on the concept that I am the center of the universe.

Or is it that I am drawing conclusions based on factors that aren't relevant? Has that given me this skewed outlook on life?

I mean I am literally a static factor, I can never become two men. Women are the variable factor, in that they are individuals.

So yeah - do you have a genius IQ? I hope that by the time I am 50, that I will be as wise and sage as you are.

Blows my mind every time - blows my damn mind captapptat - blows it right out of the water. Its like holy shit, how can people... wow, oh well, this gain.

mike11091
Msg: 812
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/26/2015 12:16:42 PM
Are your posts making more sense or am I getting crazier?

It's true that I've been stressed dealing with kids, but...maybe I need to stop drinking so much...
 chameleonf
Msg: 813
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/26/2015 12:25:49 PM

... I think every woman should date another woman to appreciate the incredible mine-field that men have to negotiate when trying to make a good impression.

When it comes to dating, as far as I'm concerned, none of it has to do with men, women, and minefields but far more to do with
trying to make a good impression

Wouldn't it be a he11 a lot easier for everyone as an individual, male and female, if they were their true selves right from the get go instead of "trying to impress" the person by being someone other than who they really are, in how they dress, personality, interests and anything else in between? The flip side is people who try to mold others to be who they want them to be because they haven't found what they're looking for yet. Pretense and subterfuge is the enemy. When the "real" persona emerges everyone says, "you've changed". In fact, they have - going from who they weren't to who they really are. Someone like smelly guy would be the real deal, showing himself up front - like him or leave him. I wouldn't like him for that reason alone, but I'd quickly know instead of that side of him showing up after a bunch of time has been invested.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >