Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IL_Capitano
Msg: 814
view profile
History
are women too fussyPage 32 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)

It's hardly realistic of you to complain about being tested when you are doing the same thing to us.

Complaining? Not a bit, just telling it like it is. You are correct that each sex has their share of trials trying to find someone.... the difference is though, that it seems that most women's grocery lists is often much longer and much more specific than most men's...

... and I no longer have any sort of list since I stepped out of the game a long time ago.

petula1908
Msg: 815
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 4:22:31 PM
Well, Walts, my guess is that LH was in a classy restaurant and behaved in a classy manner and was stuck having a meal with smelly fella. Not a good idea for a first meet, but there you are.

She did not want to embarrass herself or him by leaving him in the lurch is my guess and made the best of a bad situation. Let us hope she was sitting under an air conditioning vent but it does not sound like it.

Whether she spent an evening with him and did not make excuses to leave after the meal, I do not know. Women have to careful not to arouse the ire of men who are strangers lest they react in a violent or disagreeable manner.

Whether this particular guy had real and current pics on his profile, I would say not. And like many others have said, so many lie about age and weight. Both sexes do it, I know.

Never_in_Life
Msg: 816
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 4:23:02 PM

Thomas Edison might have said if he were dating, "i didn't fail 10,000 times. finding your soulmate is a 10,000 date process."

Edison was a thief.
Tesla rules.
 IL_Capitano
Msg: 817
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/26/2015 4:27:12 PM

Hello my name is CTRLvector and I am 31 years young. You're 56 there Ilcapitano, and the problem I am having with your statement is that it is... well, I mean come on lets just admit it - men know how to talk and women don't.

Not sure how you got that from what I wrote, but well, you are certainly entitled to interpret whatever I said in whatever way you choose.

As for the rest of your post? I have no idea how that applies to what I said, so I'll won't even bother responding since I really wouldn't even know where to begin.

Cheers.

:135
 IL_Capitano
Msg: 818
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/26/2015 4:31:00 PM

Wouldn't it be a he11 a lot easier for everyone as an individual, male and female, if they were their true selves right from the get go instead of "trying to impress" the person by being someone other than who they really are, in how they dress, personality, interests and anything else in between?

Yes, I agree...

....though I wonder, is "trying to make a good impression" the same thing as "trying to impress" someone?

PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 819
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/26/2015 4:57:06 PM
CVec

Fun Fact: Did you know as of yesterday 5 women made it through the ranger course to get the coveted tab? They've recently been allowed to be slotted for the course. Do you have any idea how badass those women are to have beat the other men who washed out?[/quote

A nod to those women from a mom who had a daughter that completed SERE's. When she returned to her home base and went to the mess hall. She had 3 rangers drop down on a knee and salute her. Those women who made Ranger get my utmost respect.

Proud Momma,
LePew

PS, she is no longer military but rides herd on her two kids. LOL I pity them some days.
 petula1908
Msg: 820
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 5:44:44 PM
sorry I meant fullmoon guy, not Walts.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 821
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 5:56:30 PM

Well, Walts, my guess is that LH was in a classy restaurant and behaved in a classy manner and was stuck having a meal with smelly fella. Not a good idea for a first meet, but there you are.

There You go Assuming things again....... I'd say the man couldn't have been Too Underdressed, Dirty, or Smelly, as they let Him in that 'Classy Place'..... In Fact, it could be LH was overdressed for the place..... What with the Redneck Culture of Wenatchee & all..... then again it could be LH exaggerated His Appearance & Smell....

There's 3 Sides to Every Story & We're Only hearing One side..........

Literate_Hiker:
Usually I'm overdressed in this redneck culture of Wenatchee.
 HondoGal
Msg: 822
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 7:00:31 PM

guess you NEVER took the subway.eh? (before you ask, yes they have it often on the trains). Reason you never see transit cops sitting down!~AdventureJoe

LoL, I thought the cops were not supposed to sit!

I often took the subway - always wore leather gloves! And never sat down! Not sitting allowed me to better control who got near me. However, I would often see well dressed business men slap the bums sleeping on the seats and tell them to move over.

I don’t eat off stands, but I think most NY’s love Papaya King. Honest though, lots of NYC, and out-of-town business men, that I met in the local upper eastside bars or in midtown (P.J.Clarke’s) would take me to the finest restaurants they wanted to enjoy where it is a bit awkward to dine alone. They expected nothing other than good company.
It’s that way in L.A. and in Miami or most big cities. Big difference is that other than in NYC most bars are not known as good meeting places whereas in NYC they are. Judge Judy met her hubby in a Wall Street bar. The different sections of Manhattan are known for the clientele. Wall street area for lawyers, finance, insurance. West side for artists/musicians. Etc. covktail hours lead to dining…

BBE, msg 725, you are being obstinate. Can’t compare apples to war tanks.
All you said is truth and admirable in msg 725 but has NADA, NOTHING to do with a dirty, filthy smelly guy showing up for a first date. I would hope you know this.

StarClassic, what does FIFY mean?

Lit Hiker, msg 744
Most insincere means of communicating a situation…on PoF where we expect all to be truthful. (crazy face)

Now he is someone you know? How the hell did this happen?
You knew nothing about him when you agreed to meet him and now you know his full ancestry? Seems like a great deal of obfuscation to me all around. You knew his name from the get go so all these ‘dawning of light’ revelations were available to you then. So why not reveal this info in your original post?

Analysis of OP-
Her first statement - He was a filthy, smelly person who I had never met before and knew nothing about, but found fascinating.
Her second statement - I’ve known him, or of him, for decades.

It is not only this socially inappropriate date of yours who needs a kick in the butt, but you as well.
 gtomustang
Msg: 823
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 7:34:56 PM
So if we can somehow prove that LH's story is fishy, and that she is fussy except that she isn't, that should answer the question asking if all women are too fussy? I think I missed where LH represents all women.
 tgif111
Msg: 824
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 10:08:19 PM

I think I missed where LH represents all women

if she did I think the genre of womanhood would go up by leaps and bounds on average!

she's a high quality woman.

active, smart, attractive, refreshingly candid and humorous.

if it's not chauvinistic to say - she gets 5 yummies out of 5.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 825
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 11:08:06 PM

HondaGal: LiterateHiker, Now he is someone you know? How the hell did this happen?
You knew nothing about him when you agreed to meet him and now you know his full ancestry? Seems like a great deal of obfuscation to me all around. You knew his name from the get go so all these ‘dawning of light’ revelations were available to you then. So why not reveal this info in your original post?

Her first statement - He was a filthy, smelly person who I had never met before and knew nothing about, but found fascinating.Her second statement - I’ve known him, or of him, for decades.

Wrong. I knew his EX-WIFE for years- she is a well-known medical doctor- not him. She was active in the community. I never met him before or even heard of him. She was high-profile; he was not.

He first told me his last name during dinner, and brought up his ex-wife. "Have you heard of her?" Of course I had. They have different last names. After their divorce, she moved to Corvallis, Oregon, where she practices medicine.

The next day I asked a friend if she had heard of him, because her children attended the middle school where he taught. She remembered him as a teacher. That's all.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 826
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/26/2015 11:18:25 PM

I think I missed where LH represents all women

So did I. Nobody does.

tgif111: if she did I think the genre of womanhood would go up by leaps and bounds on average!
she's a high quality woman.
active, smart, attractive, refreshingly candid and humorous.
if it's not chauvinistic to say - she gets 5 yummies out of 5.

Thank you, tgif111! Much appreciated.

What's a yummie? I immediately thought of chocolate.
 HondoGal
Msg: 827
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/27/2015 12:03:07 AM

Good points .. the precedence is already been made. South East Florida, from north of Miami- West Palm beach has been conquered by NY and NJ long ago! We call the shots :). It is like our shallowest that seems to have migrated there creating the whole money, sports cars, fashion competition that goes on up here. ~Adventure Joe

As a comedian once joked, “Miami Beach, where elderly NY Jewish women go to have Cuban children”. At one time the area you mentioned did belong to NY/NJ. Now it belongs to the Caribbean. In the Miami/Dade area there are less than 10% white Americans. Think they’re the die hard NY/NJ.

Scottsdale, AZ a haven for American retirees just 25 years ago became a new haven for those in witness protection. Sammy “The Bull” who outed Gottie thought there were so many of his kind there that he made his whereabouts known. There are places in Scottsdale nicknamed Mafia Retirement. Use to be they were in Miami Beach.

I hear LA did the same to Vegas. But I notice locals off the strip to be quite different.

We try. But the general visitor population to Vegas is not too fashion conscious. I was recently there and the street side of the strip is a giant upper crust shopping center. These shops are mostly empty. Guess it just takes one or two billionaires a couple of times a week to make it all worth while for the elite shops. Vegas attracts more families than it does hard core gamblers though they are the ones the ritzy hotels cater to. I’ve never seen a vacation area, outside of dizzy world, that caters more to children than Vegas.

HondoGal
Msg: 828
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/27/2015 12:50:22 AM

Ladies, on a first date how many men have brought up patriarchal religions and societies and how they oppress women?~Lit hiker

This is the oldest dating trick in the world for a guy to get Brownie points while on a date-bringing up a topic where the theme is Man Bad, Woman Good.~Maleman, msg 778

Not to this woman, Maleman. Totally boring; I’d suspect him of pandering.

You thought this a good thing, LH?
Hardly worthy of first date interaction imo. I look forward to pleasant exchanges with a new acquaintance; not depressing dialogue. I’m not into the whole he bad/she good b.s.

CuriousInDB
Msg: 829
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/27/2015 6:19:02 AM

So if we can somehow prove that LH's story is fishy, and that she is fussy except that she isn't, that should answer the question asking if all women are too fussy? I think I missed where LH represents all women.

Here's the thing. When one simple question goes unanswered, when things don't make sense, we have to look elsewhere to make sense of things. That "elsewhere" is always the same place, IME.

What was the reaction of the other restaurant patrons/staff to this smelly individual?

I've floated this idea before and no takers. If someone starts a new thread "Get your POF armchair psychiatrists personality inventory right here," hell, I'm crazy enough. I'll be the first to post for that and let you all have at it. Think what fun it could be. Think how my favorite POF comedian ... ...

I can start new threads. I just feel once we start them we have the responsibility to respond to our thread, a possible long-term commitment () , if you will. I may have commitment issues, idk.

I think it's a great idea for a thread.

As for what's going on here and in some other threads, it's all about insight or the lack thereof.
 tgif111
Msg: 830
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/27/2015 6:36:24 AM
a Yummie is simply a rating system of 1 to 5.

originated in Youngstown, Ohio.

a Yummie can represent anything that appeals to you.

I happen to love the macadamia nut/white chocolate cookies that Subway sells.

if you don't like my equation I say too bad.

all women are not equal though each one has value so there is one to five Yummies for each woman.

LH is 5 Yummies. the complete woman.
 momsaysirock
Msg: 831
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/27/2015 7:48:54 AM
But she's about 3 X the age of your preferred age for the "women"/girls you like to squire about, no?
 petula1908
Msg: 832
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/27/2015 4:10:06 PM
behind blue eyes

There you go assuming that I am assuming. I said "guess" if you would read the post properly.
Some things are clear, the classy restaurant, the guy turning up badly dressed and unclean. If you are assuming that LH lied or exaggerated the incident, that is an ASSUMPTION. That the guy was able to enter the restaurant and perhaps by a back entrance is quite feasible. Evictions would take place only when the guy is drunk and disorderly, I am assuming. .
 tgif111
Msg: 833
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/27/2015 5:28:37 PM

But she's about 3 X the age of your preferred age for the "women"/girls you like to squire about, no?

first - I like women of all ages. in 2014 I dated 22 to 74.

second, i'm not in Literate Hiker's league. i'm rough and edgy, sometimes crude. she's cool and classy.

third, if she WOULD have me i'd be dating a woman who was 3 times the quality of woman I usually date here in the Youngstown, Ohio region. the dominant woman here in my age group (55 or so) is uneducated, out of shape, low net worth, unattractive women clinging to their family - ergo that's why I go with the young'uns.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 834
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/27/2015 6:05:39 PM
OMFG Petula, you have a guy going to a restaurant through the back entrance? Really? We have one side of the story...from a women who constantly posts about how her dates don't quite measure up one way or another. She throws away more men than I throw away Kleenex. One side of the story, as usual.

And tgif, she's only as classy as she "says" she is. "Class" is right up there with "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". And your comment about the lack of quality women you date in Ohio....don't do them any favours.
 tgif111
Msg: 835
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/27/2015 7:14:00 PM
I can tell she's classy. i'm an expert. I've spent my life from 15 til now dating. many years ago I told my dating number on here and people called me a liar. said it wasn't possible. it IS possible when you go for it every single day.

the women I have here is what I have to work with and it's slim pickins "Rusty"

most of them from 5'2 and shorter are mine and fairly easy to date. i'm pleasant looking, humorous and have some dough. best dancer in town. so it's easy to meet women here.
 Muttonforpunishment
Msg: 836
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/27/2015 7:38:00 PM

i'm not in Literate Hiker's league. i'm rough and edgy, sometimes crude. she's cool and classy.

I don't like the term " league " because it seems to imply an inferior/superior mindset.

I prefer to think of compatibility like music , as in keys.

Not all notes are in the same KEY , doesn't mean ANY note is inferior/superior to another. They're all EQUAL.

It simply means two notes either sound sweet together or sour.

The bottom line is whether or not two people can make sweet music together or not.
 CharminC
Msg: 837
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/27/2015 8:23:55 PM

I don't like the term " league " because it seems to imply an inferior/superior mindset.
I prefer to think of compatibility like music , as in keys.
Not all notes are in the same KEY , doesn't mean ANY note is inferior/superior to another. They're all EQUAL.
It simply means two notes either sound sweet together or sour.
The bottom line is whether or not two people can make sweet music together or not.

I like this. ... A LOT ! Good one Mutton
I think believing in this from the get go would eliminate esteem issues, whether you have too little or too much of it lol.
No more "league", no more "being fussy".
Accept yourself as you are and find the one to make sweet music with.
 Muttonforpunishment
Msg: 838
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/27/2015 8:31:56 PM

Accept yourself as you are and find the one to make sweet music with.

Exactly, why complicate it when it really is .... simple....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >