Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Never_in_Life
Msg: 839
Are Women Too Fussy?Page 33 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)

I don't like the term " league " because it seems to imply an inferior/superior mindset.
I prefer to think of compatibility like music , as in keys.
Not all notes are in the same KEY , doesn't mean ANY note is inferior/superior to another. They're all EQUAL.
It simply means two notes either sound sweet together or sour.
The bottom line is whether or not two people can make sweet music together or not.

I like this. ... A LOT ! Good one Mutton
I think believing in this from the get go would eliminate esteem issues, whether you have too little or too much of it lol.
No more "league", no more "being fussy".
Accept yourself as you are and find the one to make sweet music with

Holy shit.
Two reasonable posters actually agreeing with each other. (me too - make it three, then)

Can I get a hallelujah from the choir?
 petula1908
Msg: 840
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/27/2015 11:41:43 PM
tgif111

It is possible if you have been doing it for 45 years and only have one date or two before moving on. Hundreds are possible. Nothing to brag about there.

I thought you had moved to Florida?? You may find the women just as undesirable there as you found your age group in Ohio. Young uns will want you for your wallet and as the father figure to confide in. Dating them?? I think that may be a stretch.
 tgif111
Msg: 841
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 5:43:59 AM

I don't like the term " league " because it seems to imply an inferior/superior mindset.
I prefer to think of compatibility like music , as in keys

I like it as well. I was searching for a way to say it but I got impatient and just used the cliché.

I have sold my home and moved into an apartment complex 2 miles away that my friend owns.
last Friday I had cosmetic surgery and am here recovering. when I look OK in a couple of months i'll rent a Uhaul and start my journey to central-south Florida/Tampa.
I have done an advanced search of 25 miles around my arrival point and the women in Florida overall are in better shape because they are outside all year round and with many more activities there than in this dump here. there are many more with degrees and i'm looking forward to the move. just browsing Florida profiles I have been contacted by dozens of women in my target area and they have even given me their phone numbers.

Young uns will want you for your wallet and as the father figure to confide in. Dating them?? I think that may be a stretch

I understand that most women your age get comfort from believing that but it has not been my own experience. if they want me for my wallet they'll find it's firmly planted deep in my pocket. the young'uns will be treated the same way I treat women my own age. if they have a job they will be expected to pay for dinner every once in a while just like any of the other modern women that I date.

father figure? too much psychoanalysis for me. if they want to go out and have a good time they are welcome to join me. if not there's always the next one. there's a cliché that I don't adhere to- I don't buy drinks to meet women.

if they want me for my wallet or some mental problem then i'd rather not go out with them. actually the only reason I want to date them is because my taste in music is younger and here in Youngstown the women are usually heavy due to the bad weather, low income diet, heavy clothes that hide their body and hibernating over the winter. from what I see in Florida women are much more body conscious because of the warm weather and beach/water activities. there are more facially attractive women there as well.
 Walts
Msg: 842
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 5:57:13 AM
And to think, some people believe I drink too much.

After all that, I don't think there is enough whiskey in this world, let alone in my house.........
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 843
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 6:07:10 AM

when I look OK in a couple of months i'll rent a Uhaul and start my journey to central-south Florida/Tampa.

Can't wait to see you at Doug's POF events, tgif. Maybe you can talk Hawking into coming with you. We're a happy bunch; love meeting new people.

Holy shit.
Two reasonable posters actually agreeing with each other. (me too - make it three, then)
There are no leagues, only people who think there are.

For you, Never.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 844
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 6:14:22 AM

Hawking. Holy f*ck. That dude is an overthinker. By the time he was finished weighing the pros and cons of going to the event, it would already be over.

Oh, shit...and I've missed a few days of this nutty soap opera. Have he and Volkano made arrangements to meet yet??
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 845
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 6:16:09 AM
Hawking and I had a bit of a debate here and I invited him to dinner in Tampa. He told me he thinks I'm crazy and declined my offer.

What can you do?

tgif I blocked from my inbox.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 846
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 6:24:33 AM
Wait a minute. You moved in on Volkano's man??

This is getting juicy.
 Aradia96
Msg: 847
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 7:11:20 AM

Hawking and I had a bit of a debate here and I invited him to dinner in Tampa. He told me he thinks I'm crazy and declined my offer.
What can you do?
tgif I blocked from my inbox.

Aww you're not crazy

I'm not sure what you and tgif have against eachother but
I don't talk to anyone in forums pretty much because I can't - age restrictions of 14+ or -14
:P
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 848
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 7:55:29 AM

Wait a minute. You moved in on Volkano's man??

This is getting juicy.

It's my understanding VK dumped him before he ever made a move. Sad, isn't it (Hawking's part, I mean; VK is hot and creative.) I asked Hawking to take me to one of his fancy parties after he posted the POF event was full of a lot of people who were not good enough for him (paraphrasing) and he'd never go into the place, but he declined that offer also. I told him I realized we had an age difference, but we could tell people I'm his mother. Still nothing. I think it would do Hawking good to spend a couple hours with me.

Aww you're not crazy

I'm not sure what you and tgif have against eachother but
I don't talk to anyone in forums pretty much because I can't - age restrictions of 14+ or -14
:P

Depends on folks' definition of "crazy", Aradia.

tgif has been banned for life here for ... I guess trolling and he and I disagree on every major issue, every one. That's not a problem for me but it is for tgif. Maybe it was my comment about storing my weed in his Italian liquor cart, who knows? It's his obnoxious personality that was the cause of my blocking him from my inbox.

I wish you and I could message, too, but I'm not complaining about those age restrictions and you are probably my main reason for that right now. When I think of the guys who'd be in your inbox ...

Have I posted that that's a great pic, Aradia? I almost did several times yesterday, but every time I checked I was reading one of your threads I've stated I won't comment on. This photo shows a beautiful 22-year-old. Much better here.
 Aradia96
Msg: 849
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 8:04:38 AM

Have I posted that that's a great pic, Aradia?

Thanks a lot :)
I kind of thought everyone would hate it!! Glad you like it lol XD
I swear to god it's attracting a lot of older men though so hmm.

, but every time I checked I was reading one of your threads I've stated I won't comment on.

You can comment if you want just don't bite my head off ;)

tgif has been banned for life here for ... I guess trolling and he and I disagree on every major issue, every one. That's not a problem for me but it is for tgif. Maybe it was my comment about storing my weed in his Italian liquor cart, who knows? It's his obnoxious personality that was the cause of my blocking him from my inbox.

Oh wow I see. I hope I don't get banned for life o.o

I wish you and I could message, too, but I'm not complaining about those age restrictions and you are probably my main reason for that right now. When I think of the guys who'd be in your inbox ...

I don't have a problem with older men contacting me, they already do it now anyways, just the cut off is 36 I think. I couldn't actually be with an older man (like muuuch older) or my parents would kill me. I don't want to worry them or do something that causes me to be continuously harassed >.>
 CharminC
Msg: 850
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 8:34:55 AM

Can't wait to see you at Doug's POF events, tgif. Maybe you can talk Hawking into coming with you. We're a happy bunch; love meeting new people

I suggest you be persistent make this happen. I'm certain you won't regret it.
There used to be a global forum I was part of for some time with members that I am friends with to this day.
I organized a get together and booked a whole floor with discounted rooms for members from across Canada and US to stay in. It was a huge success. We shared pictures and stories of the night the following days with others in the forum.
Now married with kids and/or different lives, we still keep in touch. I'm even called Auntie by some of those kids. That's how close we got. It was great! Very heartwarming.
I wish these pof event were more than just events to hook up but for pof members to finally meet!
And gossip in real life lol :P
It also kinda proved we are who we say who we are and people got to see our personalities in real life.
I can say from that experience that the online persona is not very far off from real life. You are warned lmao!!!

ps... One couple married and had kids. So I presume the odds are better for friendship rather than companionship? But it wasn't a dating forum. Surely the odds would be higher with pof? That is unless pof women truly are fussy *giggles
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 851
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 8:48:00 AM
^^^Are you suggesting me and Hawking or me and tgif?

Our events are great. Sure, there's the hooking up at the end of the evening, obvious but I ignore it. The rest of us just have fun.

Funny, I'm going to be taking a forumite out on our little town soon. Agreed to meet him a few days ago. Probably have friends with us. He'll be in Florida on business. (You know who you are and don't post it, please.)

But seriously, after thinking how much fun this will for a couple days, I asked myself: "How do I know who this guy is?" lol He could be Tall or anyone. I don't know what Tall looks like. Does anyone really know what Tall looks like (anyone who's willing to admit they do?)
 Never_in_Life
Msg: 852
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 8:56:29 AM
^^You're getting dangerously close with your Tall stuff to obsession territory...

ClooneysTutor
Msg: 853
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 8:58:31 AM
Well DB,

I trust you'll know who he is before he whips out his wallet for 4 dates.

Now, if he shows up in an RV with Cali plates on it?

Watch out...

The sheriff is rolling in.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 854
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 11:22:31 AM
^^^Pay for what dates?

You crazy, Steve? I don't pay for anything, my guy does. lol

Kidding, just kidding.

Yeah, Never, I'm a bit obsessed with stalkers seeing as how I have one active locally now, one I haven't heard from for a while now but who caused me major problems, major, back in 2012 into 2013 (both of those POF men) and now Tall trashing me on that thread while I was dealing with my current stalker, a friend "helping me out" and law enforcement on the phone that same day I was stuck in traffic. Yeah. I'm pretty well pizzed. You might say it's pretty high on my list of "causes" right now, yeah.

Thanks for the comment though, Never. I hear ya. I just rarely take "good" advice. It's one of my downfalls.

One good thing about this is ... was it bluemoon? ... bluemoon has stopped posting my user name here as "Cautious" (autocorrect but it was funny). I think everyone knows I'm not "cautious" at this point.

Perhaps another one of my downfalls.
 tgif111
Msg: 855
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:11:29 PM
I don't care much for the POF dances.

the last one I went to was boring.

plus if you'll look on the list of people going you'll see an awful lot of people from out of state and sometimes on the other side of the country. I talked to a dance organizer and she said she she contacted these out of state folks and they were not aware that their profiles were on the list of people coming.

the dance organizer said there may be 100 people signed up but only a quarter of those actually show up.

i'm wondering if a hacker has perhaps managed to do this?

Tom Da Bomb
i'm all about that party!
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 856
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:15:40 PM
I have a man? Why didnt anyone tell me??

Oh yeah, the essayist, Hawking. Nah, he dumped me before our first date..you can have him!

Whatever happened to Tall, BTW? He seems to have vanished.
 kj521
Msg: 857
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:25:51 PM
^^^^^ He got a little Looser from what I hear. :)
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 858
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:45:34 PM
May I know what is a "dating number on here," TGIF?
 jlynn1955
Msg: 859
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:48:22 PM
wow. There is so much wrong with your post, I dont even know where to start.

If you are as insulting and condescending in messages and IRL as you are here, my biggest surprise is that you get any dates at all.

Women fussy? yes and no. Some are and some are not. Just like some of the men are and some are not.
Illusion that they are leagues better than what they really are (in your opinion that is). Yes, some are like that. So are some of the men.
Looking for Mr. Right? Some are and some are not. Just like some men are looking for MS. Right. Some are and some are not.

Still here months later? Yes. some are and some aren't. Same with men. Some have been here years and some have not.

I guess that answers your questions. Hope it was helpful....Oh, I'm not particularly attractive and I am overweight and way older than you, but not to worry. I wouldnt even chat with you, let alone go out with you. If that makes me "fussy"....so be it.

If you are having trouble getting dates, perhaps you should take an English class in night school or something. You'd get some much needed help with your writing and you might meet some nubile sex goddess who adores men that are insulting and condescending. Doubtful, but maybe.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 860
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:48:47 PM

I have a man? Why didnt anyone tell me??

Oh yeah, the essayist, Hawking. Nah, he dumped me before our first date..you can have him!

Whatever happened to Tall, BTW? He seems to have vanished.

You got dumped by Hawking before the first date, too? Wonder how many others he's dumped before the first date? Are we members of an exclusive club now or are there lots of us?

Tall's last official incarnation to be deleted was _Cassiopea_. I think most assume he has other profiles here.

He got a little Looser from what I hear. :)

Another one bites the dust, kj. Looser is the preferred POF way of spelling loser for sure. I've grown to love it. Does anyone know what life's 2nd greatest challenge is? I have my own version I learned years ago, but I don't think it resembles Tall's in any way.

plus if you'll look on the list of people going you'll see an awful lot of people from out of state and sometimes on the other side of the country. I talked to a dance organizer and she said she she contacted these out of state folks and they were not aware that their profiles were on the list of people coming.

the dance organizer said there may be 100 people signed up but only a quarter of those actually show up.

i'm wondering if a hacker has perhaps managed to do this?

POF hacked? I don't know enough about these things to post from technical knowledge, but there are stories online about a near(?) hacking back in 2011 or 2010 that I read years ago. Funny stuff, some of it.

tgif, unfortunately the reason why so many POF events numbers are inflated is because some unscrupulous party hosts (none here in Florida that I know of), inflate their numbers by having their POF friends sign the list. I've seen no evidence of hacking in the party thread. I mean, what would the motivation be to go to all that trouble even if they could accomplish it? To inflate party numbers? Let's first look to who benefits from inflating those numbers. Party hosts certainly do not benefit enough to do that. POF is pretty hard to hack from what I've heard.

I'm all about the party, too, tgif.

jlynn1955
Msg: 861
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:57:09 PM
Literate Hiker....I loved your advice. Especially #4....I might buy a ticket to see that one. A guppy trying to swim with the sharks...
 tgif111
Msg: 862
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/28/2015 2:14:51 PM

May I know what is a "dating number on here," TGIF?

that's just the number of women that I have taken out on dates since I first started dating as a teen.

Tom da Bomb

ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 863
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/28/2015 2:38:43 PM

Funny, I'm going to be taking a forumite out on our little town soon. Agreed to meet him a few days ago. Probably have friends with us. He'll be in Florida on business. (You know who you are and don't post it, please.)

Ok, I won't.

Oh, shit..
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >