Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Never_in_Life
Msg: 852
Are Women Too Fussy?Page 35 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
^^You're getting dangerously close with your Tall stuff to obsession territory...

ClooneysTutor
Msg: 853
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 8:58:31 AM
Well DB,

I trust you'll know who he is before he whips out his wallet for 4 dates.

Now, if he shows up in an RV with Cali plates on it?

Watch out...

The sheriff is rolling in.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 854
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 11:22:31 AM
^^^Pay for what dates?

You crazy, Steve? I don't pay for anything, my guy does. lol

Kidding, just kidding.

Yeah, Never, I'm a bit obsessed with stalkers seeing as how I have one active locally now, one I haven't heard from for a while now but who caused me major problems, major, back in 2012 into 2013 (both of those POF men) and now Tall trashing me on that thread while I was dealing with my current stalker, a friend "helping me out" and law enforcement on the phone that same day I was stuck in traffic. Yeah. I'm pretty well pizzed. You might say it's pretty high on my list of "causes" right now, yeah.

Thanks for the comment though, Never. I hear ya. I just rarely take "good" advice. It's one of my downfalls.

One good thing about this is ... was it bluemoon? ... bluemoon has stopped posting my user name here as "Cautious" (autocorrect but it was funny). I think everyone knows I'm not "cautious" at this point.

Perhaps another one of my downfalls.
 tgif111
Msg: 855
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:11:29 PM
I don't care much for the POF dances.

the last one I went to was boring.

plus if you'll look on the list of people going you'll see an awful lot of people from out of state and sometimes on the other side of the country. I talked to a dance organizer and she said she she contacted these out of state folks and they were not aware that their profiles were on the list of people coming.

the dance organizer said there may be 100 people signed up but only a quarter of those actually show up.

i'm wondering if a hacker has perhaps managed to do this?

Tom Da Bomb
i'm all about that party!
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 856
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:15:40 PM
I have a man? Why didnt anyone tell me??

Oh yeah, the essayist, Hawking. Nah, he dumped me before our first date..you can have him!

Whatever happened to Tall, BTW? He seems to have vanished.
 kj521
Msg: 857
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:25:51 PM
^^^^^ He got a little Looser from what I hear. :)
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 858
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:45:34 PM
May I know what is a "dating number on here," TGIF?
 jlynn1955
Msg: 859
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:48:22 PM
wow. There is so much wrong with your post, I dont even know where to start.

If you are as insulting and condescending in messages and IRL as you are here, my biggest surprise is that you get any dates at all.

Women fussy? yes and no. Some are and some are not. Just like some of the men are and some are not.
Illusion that they are leagues better than what they really are (in your opinion that is). Yes, some are like that. So are some of the men.
Looking for Mr. Right? Some are and some are not. Just like some men are looking for MS. Right. Some are and some are not.

Still here months later? Yes. some are and some aren't. Same with men. Some have been here years and some have not.

I guess that answers your questions. Hope it was helpful....Oh, I'm not particularly attractive and I am overweight and way older than you, but not to worry. I wouldnt even chat with you, let alone go out with you. If that makes me "fussy"....so be it.

If you are having trouble getting dates, perhaps you should take an English class in night school or something. You'd get some much needed help with your writing and you might meet some nubile sex goddess who adores men that are insulting and condescending. Doubtful, but maybe.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 860
Are Women Too Fussy?
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:48:47 PM

I have a man? Why didnt anyone tell me??

Oh yeah, the essayist, Hawking. Nah, he dumped me before our first date..you can have him!

Whatever happened to Tall, BTW? He seems to have vanished.

You got dumped by Hawking before the first date, too? Wonder how many others he's dumped before the first date? Are we members of an exclusive club now or are there lots of us?

Tall's last official incarnation to be deleted was _Cassiopea_. I think most assume he has other profiles here.

He got a little Looser from what I hear. :)

Another one bites the dust, kj. Looser is the preferred POF way of spelling loser for sure. I've grown to love it. Does anyone know what life's 2nd greatest challenge is? I have my own version I learned years ago, but I don't think it resembles Tall's in any way.

plus if you'll look on the list of people going you'll see an awful lot of people from out of state and sometimes on the other side of the country. I talked to a dance organizer and she said she she contacted these out of state folks and they were not aware that their profiles were on the list of people coming.

the dance organizer said there may be 100 people signed up but only a quarter of those actually show up.

i'm wondering if a hacker has perhaps managed to do this?

POF hacked? I don't know enough about these things to post from technical knowledge, but there are stories online about a near(?) hacking back in 2011 or 2010 that I read years ago. Funny stuff, some of it.

tgif, unfortunately the reason why so many POF events numbers are inflated is because some unscrupulous party hosts (none here in Florida that I know of), inflate their numbers by having their POF friends sign the list. I've seen no evidence of hacking in the party thread. I mean, what would the motivation be to go to all that trouble even if they could accomplish it? To inflate party numbers? Let's first look to who benefits from inflating those numbers. Party hosts certainly do not benefit enough to do that. POF is pretty hard to hack from what I've heard.

I'm all about the party, too, tgif.

jlynn1955
Msg: 861
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/28/2015 12:57:09 PM
Literate Hiker....I loved your advice. Especially #4....I might buy a ticket to see that one. A guppy trying to swim with the sharks...
 tgif111
Msg: 862
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/28/2015 2:14:51 PM

May I know what is a "dating number on here," TGIF?

that's just the number of women that I have taken out on dates since I first started dating as a teen.

Tom da Bomb

ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 863
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/28/2015 2:38:43 PM

Funny, I'm going to be taking a forumite out on our little town soon. Agreed to meet him a few days ago. Probably have friends with us. He'll be in Florida on business. (You know who you are and don't post it, please.)

Ok, I won't.

Oh, shit..
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 864
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/28/2015 5:02:55 PM

petula1908: Well, Walts, my guess is that LH was in a classy restaurant and behaved in a classy manner and was stuck having a meal with smelly fella. Not a good idea for a first meet, but there you are.

She did not want to embarrass herself or him by leaving him in the lurch is my guess and made the best of a bad situation. Let us hope she was sitting under an air conditioning vent but it does not sound like it.

Whether she spent an evening with him and did not make excuses to leave after the meal, I do not know. Women have to careful not to arouse the ire of men who are strangers lest they react in a violent or disagreeable manner.

Petula, Thank you for your kindness and support. I chose to rise above and make the best of a bad situation. I learn from everyone I meet. After the meal I thanked him, said I enjoyed the conversation and graciously left.

Jlynn1955: Literate Hiker....I loved your advice. Especially #4....I might buy a ticket to see that one. A guppy trying to swim with the sharks.

Thanks, Jlynn! Which advice are you talking about? You can send me a private message, if you like, because there are no message restrictions on my profile (apart from you must have a picture to send me a message).
 CTRLvector
Msg: 865
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/28/2015 7:02:01 PM

Are your posts making more sense or am I getting crazier?

Some of my posts require x-ray vision.

A nod to those women from a mom who had a daughter that completed SERE's
PS, she is no longer military but rides herd on her two kids. LOL I pity them some days.

SERE? Yeah thats a tough one considering its basically POW training.
and
Those are the kids that should be the future majority not minorty. Few and far are parents capable of raising children the right way. The right way being the hard way.

My half sister for example raises her kid by this method -
He gets to eat anything he wants and all day
He has his mom do his homework for him
He got to stay home a few days when the new xbox came out

Now let me ask ya a question..... out of your daughters kids, or my half sisters kids, who will grow up capable of handling life? Competent, disciplined, and well raised vs lazy, dumb, incompetently raised.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 866
are women too fussy
Posted: 3/2/2015 2:48:57 PM

Competent, disciplined, and well raised vs lazy, dumb, incompetently raised.

Disciplined, are you nuts? That seems to be absent from the current parenting book. Also the word "consequence" is missing. Just give them a tablet and Mindcraft and they will be vegetables all day.
 tgif111
Msg: 867
are women too fussy
Posted: 3/2/2015 3:21:59 PM
we now live in a world where everyone walks around, head down staring into a little rectangular box in their hand as if it meant life or death.

1973 where are you and why don't you pull me back in time???????????
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 868
are women too fussy
Posted: 3/2/2015 5:58:34 PM
CVec, I will have to say that my daughter was passionate about her job and knew exactly what she wanted to do by the time she was 10 yrs old. She has contributed to a number of my white hairs. I will say she is harder on her kids then her dad and I ever were on her and her brother. However, both of our kids were very responsible. Which made their dad and I scratch our heads at times and wonder where the mutant genes came from?

One thing about your sisters son, he will land on his feet. Most do, some faster then others. Think of them as baby spiders that are dispersed by the wind after they hatch. The wind carries some a foot... others go a mile before setting down on the ground.

As always,
LePew
 petula1908
Msg: 869
are women too fussy
Posted: 3/2/2015 7:14:46 PM
Not everyone walks around with the Ipad, Ipod, smart phone surgically attached and totally dependent and obsessed with same.
I for one do not even own one but I am not the techno generation. The texting and talking whilst driving is what really makes me mad. Fatalities and injuries result.
 petula1908
Msg: 870
are women too fussy
Posted: 3/2/2015 7:23:14 PM
jlynn1955

who are you referring to? Which guy?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 871
are women too fussy
Posted: 3/2/2015 8:06:24 PM

Funny, I'm going to be taking a forumite out on our little town soon. Agreed to meet him a few days ago. Probably have friends with us. He'll be in Florida on business. (You know who you are and don't post it, please.)

Ok, I won't.

Oh, shit..

Dammit, Pig, I knew you couldn't keep your mouth shut.

That's okay. Let's give them something to talk about. See you Wednesday. :))
 CTRLvector
Msg: 872
are women too fussy
Posted: 3/2/2015 9:04:55 PM

Disciplined, are you nuts? That seems to be absent from the current parenting book. Also the word "consequence" is missing. Just give them a tablet and Mindcraft and they will be vegetables all day.

lol yeah, minecraft is a hell of a drug.

CVec, I will have to say that my daughter was passionate about her job and knew exactly what she wanted to do by the time she was 10 yrs old. She has contributed to a number of my white hairs. I will say she is harder on her kids then her dad and I ever were on her and her brother. However, both of our kids were very responsible. Which made their dad and I scratch our heads at times and wonder where the mutant genes came from?

One thing about your sisters son, he will land on his feet. Most do, some faster then others. Think of them as baby spiders that are dispersed by the wind after they hatch. The wind carries some a foot... others go a mile before setting down on the ground.

In regard to landing on his feet, I don't know about the drop... but the drop of having to be an adult or having to rely on self would not be a drop he will survive without suffering a great deal. If you're not introduced to a certain style of discipline at a young age and throughout development into an adult. Like for instance if the mother cleans up the kids room till hes 18.

That kid will go out into the world and live in an apt fit for a hoarder episode. Not because he didn't like a clean place, but because he doesn'thave the discipline to clean. And because of this and other things similar to it, when he goes to his job, he wont be used to suffering through the tough disciplin a wise parent would use.

So he will be far more sensitive when it comes to toughing out circumstances for the better. He may even lose his job for staying home too many times in a week. He may be lazy when it comes to putting the effort in because he would rather put the effort into recreational things.
 clarice46
Msg: 874
are women too fussy
Posted: 3/14/2015 3:03:44 AM
Or is it that most women on here are not really seriously looking to meet up. Is that really it??
 Strings6
Msg: 875
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 3/14/2015 5:14:52 AM
I suppose its more about finding what they want in one man,a woman or man for that matter might only want two or three things but finding them in one person can be a problem,for me its just kindness and physical attraction and yes I will say that finding both in one woman is very hard.I guess when I reach the age where sex no longer matters it will be reduced down to one thing.....good luck to me.
 Onyxbutterflies90
Msg: 876
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 3/14/2015 5:28:35 AM
Catfish...sincerely doubt Cam Newton is living in Liverpool and searching for love on POF.
 sigungq
Msg: 877
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 3/14/2015 9:20:35 AM
OP, don't fret. My theory is that most of the women online, are just here for validation. The extremely few that have actually seen fit to answer my messages, have said they are already in a relationship. I think most are just looking to see if they can still attract a guy. Also, there are about 2-3 times more men on these sites than there are women. It's a numbers game. So keeping the above in mind, 4% is actually pretty good odds.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >