Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 83
are women too fussyPage 4 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)

are women too fussy

Some are.
Some aren't.

Some who are, are too fussy about things of lesser importance, such as a 1/2" of height, the type of car a guy drives, or the color of his eyes, or where he puts his napkin when eating in a restaurant.

Some who aren't too fussy, actually need to be more fussy, such as those in abusive relationships.

....i keep getting told im a really attractive guy and shouldnt have any trouble finding dates

Well, I think moms are kind of obligated to say that.

some have said i could have any woman i want

Were these women who said this?
Did they throw themselves at you after saying this? Did you not want them, or they want you?

a wealthy prince charming hunk comedian......

Those guys are indeed difficult to find.
 CharminC
Msg: 84
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 11:33:57 AM
You know all that is very true. Lightening up and turn off the fault seeking missile would greatly help the first couple dates or amount of time spent getting to know one another.
But! ... when in during those times, the mind starts to pick up on the "red flags" , there is a moment where you have to say "Okay, wait a minute. Let's not be stupid!"
Sometimes
Just sometimes, for some, one can almost predict that moment could happen.
I'd personally rather not waste my time finding out if I'm right or not when it's most likely, due to past instances... I'm right.
And before you all say, but what if wrong and I miss out.
Plenty of fish in the sea people
Plenty

Was that fussy?
 Dreamin_of_you
Msg: 85
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 12:20:18 PM
I would suggest that women (and men for that matter) are NEVER FUSSY.

However, most are DISCERNING !
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 86
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 1:21:24 PM
Them fault seekers are more accurate then the heat seeking type :)
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 87
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 1:44:36 PM

Them fault seekers are more accurate then the heat seeking type :)

I don't know about that, those JULI's with the DSQ-29 seeker picker are pretty darn accurate now...

AIM-9J/N/P guidance and control assemblies to the AIM-9L standard, being marketed as AIM-9JULI. The core of this upgrade is the fitting of the DSQ-29 seeker unit of the AIM-9L, replacing the original J/N/P seeker to give improved capabilities.

Watch out for them JULI's coming up hot for your tail end... Not much warning when they're out there seekin your picker.

Might barely have time to "Fox Two" and release the chuff & flare countermeasures.

S
 petula1908
Msg: 88
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 2:07:31 PM
Yes to be sexually desirable is paramount to guys, that is the way they are wired, and if they dont want to fcuck you, they are not going to be interested, same with women after all. If the woman has other poor qualities, sometimes they are overlooked if they are hot enough, at least for a while . Obesity is unhealthy and unattractive in both species. Some men need to be bigger, taller than a woman and some women want the guy to be that. So be it.
 petula1908
Msg: 89
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 2:26:46 PM
literate hiker

I have to ask why a first date is challenging to you? Or do you like it like that?? Whatever, good luck.Be interested to hear how it turns out.
 petula1908
Msg: 90
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 2:35:13 PM
blonde angel
I always cared what a guy looked like and attractive men can be and are as nice as a less attractive looking man. What I called attractive is not what everyone would agree on, of course.
I would also go dutch and only with younger hotter men these days. If all they want is sex really, then why not have it with the best looker and with the most energy, you can? Older overweight men dont do it for me any more than older overweight women do it for men. I certainly do not want to be the nurse and the purse for some older geezer.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 91
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 3:45:52 PM

No tigers to fear today, so it automatically resets your focus of attention down to almost any trivial little thing it can find.

I didn’t know tigers were extinct (!) so now we have nothing to fear (!), so we have to put up barriers to dating. SMH @ POF historians/evolutionists.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 92
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 4:42:13 PM
Petula1908:

literate hiker I have to ask why a first date is challenging to you? Or do you like it like that?? Whatever, good luck. Be interested to hear how it turns out.

Today I was challenging myself to be more open-minded, by meeting a man with just a high school diploma. I love intelligent conversation and witty repartee. I have a master degree. I usually date men with a bachelor or master degree. In my experience, well educated men tend to be better conversationalists, more intelligent, well read, and aware of the world and current events.

My first date today was boring. Bob droned on-and-on about his conversations with male buddies setting up fishing trips ("He said...and then I said....then he said") My eyes were glazing over. Bob never asked me a single question. All he did was talk about himself. Because Bob was often unclear and spoke in clichés, I asked clarifying questions:

"I'm a man's man,” Bob said significantly as we parted.
"What is a man’s man?" I asked, mystified. "Do you prefer spending time with men?"
"No... you know," he replied.
“I don't know what 'a man's man' means. What do you mean?”
(PAUSE )
I like to get stuff done,” he replied.
"I like to get things done, too," I said and laughed. "Because I love the outdoors, you could call me a tomboy."

CharminC
Msg: 93
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 4:54:26 PM
["I'm a man's man,” Bob said significantly as we parted.
"What is a man’s man?" I asked, mystified. "Do you prefer spending time with men?"
"No... you know," he replied.
“I don't know what 'a man's man' means. What do you mean?”
(PAUSE )
I like to get stuff done,” he replied.
"I like to get things done, too," I said and laughed. "Because I love the outdoors, you could call me a tomboy."]

Let me this right... you are reaming a man out for lacking intelligence. You're eyes glazed over as he went on and on not touching on anything that piqued your interests.
Yet you didnt know what a man's man meant and had to ask
You then LAUGHED at him for his response

and tell us, pof'ers... unbelieveable
Yes literate hiker.. quite so *raises an eyebrow
I also quite imagine what he must be saying about you to people he knows... or don't know.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 94
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 4:59:31 PM
I wonder if Bob left and thought "Boy, that Katherine is one uppity and snooty broad".

Maybe don't do anyone any more favours by stepping outside the box, especially with the lower class. BUT, when what we deem is perfect for us and we either can't find it or it isn't working or we have no success...it is good to change it up.
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 95
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 5:11:13 PM

"My first date today was boring. Bob droned on-and-on about his conversations with male buddies setting up fishing trips ("He said...and then I said....then he said"

We OLD veteran Forumites would call that a "FIRST MEET", and those usually don't pan out. Maybe 95% don't.

But, you actually got OUT of the house and met someone, had some human contact with another imperfect soul.

Many of those of us being overly critical here likely haven't had even that bit of live face-to-face human contact at all today, or maybe for weeks.

So we sit at home in front of the computer screen and criticize others who are actually DOING something with someone!

S
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 96
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 5:20:08 PM
Yup Tall, I'll comment on another condescending post . I can do that, as can others. you don't know what any of us did today or yesterday or have planned for tomorrow and we don't know what you did either. Tell me, would you want to be one of those dates that people come back on here and talk about in a condescending manner like that ? To me this shows far more about the poster than it does about the man she met today....especially from someone that espouses intelligence and class. If the forums are for learning,as you say, maybe she can learn from this.
 OMGyaa
Msg: 97
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 5:36:09 PM
I do love all the positive commentary here it is quite......entertaining .
 CharminC
Msg: 98
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 5:39:24 PM
Never assume Tall.. never

you don't know what any of us did today or yesterday or have planned for tomorrow and we don't know what you did either.
^^^
exactly

Tell me, would you want to be one of those dates that people come back on here and talk about in a condescending manner like that ?
^^^
Bam! Bingo!

May I point out that in another thread created by Ms. LH, she commented about another man and used his name, Gary.
How would this Gary feel about being talked about in a public forum?

I LOVE intelligence in a person. I do.. truly.
But... and a big but, please don't trash others for lack thereof. THAT, in itself isn't intelligent. No?
Should the intelligent person know better?

I do understand what the lovely, classy and cultured LH (I'm being complimentary, not sarcastic at all) experienced and what she means by it all as she regales us with her story but it's the whole execution/delivery behind it.
It could be insulting to the person she is speaking about.
Try putting the shoe on the other's foot
because humility can do wonders
This is what my earlier post is regarding
:)
 OMGyaa
Msg: 99
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 6:12:41 PM
Unfortunately intelligence does not always equate to someone being tactful . Sometimes people post without using filters they normally would use IRL and other times people choose not to be as respectful to those they feel are beneath them whether it be intelligence , education , or other reason . I just hope her date does not read the comment .
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 100
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 7:43:00 PM
I hesitated to answer Petula's question because I knew certain people would be critical and rake me over the coals.

The men I am used to are well educated, intelligent, articulate and good conversationalists. They don't talk in clichés like a TV truck commercial or country music song, saying things like: "I'm a man's man," "I was a country boy in the big city" and "I want the full meal deal" (on what he wants in a relationship).

It was like he was talking in a different language. That's why I asked clarifying questions. Asking clarifying questions is not reaming him out. I genuinely wanted to understand what he meant.
 petula1908
Msg: 101
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 8:25:20 PM
tgif111

No, the reason she does not want to date you, is not because you are open to younger women, you are just in the friendzone, is all. Learn to read between the lines.

petula1908
Msg: 102
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 8:30:24 PM
literate hiker

I can sympathesise, had the same experiences. Boring........then they wonder why you dont want to see them again. Of course it is why they are available and on dating sites I guess. Not a scrap interested in you. No stimulating conversation and probably not much education, right??. I guess you wont be seeing him again? One day someone will tell him why he is a such a crashing bore and not getting whatever it is that he wants from women. ho hummm.

omgyaa

And as for the comment about the bore not reading her comment, it may be a good idea if he does. He may learn something and improve his chances in the future. How are you doing with no pic or profession on the profile??? Just curious???

bluemoon24_7
Msg: 103
are women too fussy
Posted: 1/31/2015 8:45:13 PM
OMG. Okay, going by the above reasoning by Petula...but let's change it up slightly shall we.
"Of course it is why they are available and on a dating sites I guess." Literate Hiker is on a dating site too, a few of them.
"No sparkling wit, stimulating conversation and probably not much education, right?" Highly educated, still on a dating website.
"One day someone will tell him why he is a crashing bore and not getting whatever it is that he wants from women." Still on a dating website, sorta boring.

So by Petula's comments...only the loser, uneducated, boring, etc. are on dating sites. Oh, and one highly educated woman (she probably lost her way). I sympathize.

Ho hum.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 104
view profile
History
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/1/2015 12:51:03 AM
LH is allowed to be choosy. She has her own views, opinions, and is allowed to be bias. By reading her various responses to different threads, it's a safe assumption that I know more about her, than I could ever learn by reading her profile. Any man that could get her to respond to an opening message, would have a leg up for success with her by reading her forum replies.

Now, back to the topic question, are women too fussy? Not really, if a man can gather information on his choice, like I have about LH. This is where OLD really falls short. I really believe we can get a boatload of knowledge by watching and listening to a prospective mate interact with other people. This is what really bugs me about OLD and the forums. Few use this. (and none in my area) It's an easy way to find out more about a person than spending an entire evening of Q&A, on a first meeting. Fussy goes away, if you know what you're getting yourself into.
 benartflick
Msg: 105
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/1/2015 6:35:52 AM

certain people would be critical and rake me over the coals.

Why do some people do that?

LH was asked about a specific date and she answered.

It's inappropriate to discuss a dating experience on a dating discussion board?

If the guy ate mashed potatoes and peas with his fingers, would it be inappropriate to tell us about it?

I don't agree with the opinions of those two women. But I think their comments were rude and meant to be demeaning: I also quite imagine what he must be saying about you., "Boy, that Katherine is one uppity and snooty broad". shows far more about the poster. and Oh, and one highly educated woman (she probably lost her way).
 Ainen
Msg: 106
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/1/2015 7:55:18 AM
I don't think people are fussy if they dismiss someone for beginning their about me with "im" or having only two lines of text. Dismissing someone for not taking a few minutes to crop useless crap out of their photos isn't fussy.

Let people of either gender be as "fussy" as they want. Perhaps they'll never find anyone, they'll drop out of the gene pool and not add to human overpopulation. The fussy women will get older while new crops of girls turn 18 or whatever is the youngest age sought by the men they're chasing.

Sensible "fussy" people can be happy single / alone without regret, not having to settle.

I'd be happiest if people were up front about their "fussy" requirements and preferences, saving everyone time. Much better to communicate specifics than to say "I'm looking for a nice guy/girl with a sense of humor". Saw a "new" profile this morning, actually a reincarnation of a previous account. In her about me she demanded he live within 36 minutes of her. I shrug and move on. Good of her to communicate the incompatibility. Even if I lived closer, she's probably a transient from Southern California (where they measure distance by time) who wants to move back there, useless for LTR, good for players.

In the forums, posters as a whole seem to try to convince men to have lower standards: consider an older woman, an overweight one, one with kids. According to them, if she sends him a message that's just "hi", he should answer her because she might be shy. Meanwhile, some of the same posters say "You go girl!" to women who eliminate men for petty reasons. Oh, he's "only" an engineer, he just has a B.S. instead of a doctorate, you need to hold out for a doctor.

I agree with CV about the can collectors and McD workers (as long as the fast food workers aren't also collecting welfare and they're not college grads who think they're better than the workers who don't have degrees. What does a typical liberal arts college grad say at work? "Want fries with that?")
 CharminC
Msg: 107
are women too fussy
Posted: 2/1/2015 10:39:38 AM
Put down your sword and shield men.
The delivery may seem rude but I stand by what I said.
Had it not been for the history of her often snubbing her dates which she publicly blasts, it would never have been pointed out. It's fair game.
Note though, I'am sticking to this one issue. She may be otherwise be a fabulous person. So put down your sword and shields.
However, despite this all, it does prove the thread title........women are indeed fussy. lol
:)

*slurps extra strong coffee
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >