Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you end contact with someone due to unrequited like?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 siisaa
Msg: 148
Would you end contact with someone due to unrequited like? Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Ugh, "friend zone"...I hate that f*cking term. This dude (or ones like him) wouldn't even be put in the friend zone. I just cut him off. Who TF needs friends like that? This is why I prefer to hang out with gay men. I don't want guys around who want to **** if I don't want to **** them. You know what they say...."a drunk mind speaks sober thoughts".

I don't **** any male friends unless we are converting from friends to a romantic relationship (i.e. dating). Other than that, #BoyBye
 julystorm7
Msg: 149
Would you end contact with someone due to unrequited like?
Posted: 4/1/2018 11:43:26 PM
[Quote] Not really fitting to the bouncer analogy, though. The reason I said Looks is the bouncer at the bar, is because you notice that First, even if you don't know how good the bar experience is. You can't really find out about how good that bar experience is or the quality of the bar, or if it meshes with your taste/style -- if you can't get in. Without -enough- looks, how strong of a mind or how comforting he can be is the thing that's NOT going to be factor. The "Next!" has already been declared before you can find out if he is one way or another. [\quote]

With men maybe that's true. However women often choose a bit differently. If a guy is not attractive yet he drives a Ferrari or is a doctor, looks may not matter for dating or mating purposes. Also, women who have been in a previous difficult relationship may ignore looks in favour of a guy with his own house or a good steady job or a good raport with her kids.

Men are often not attracted to women for their brains, strength or money. Yet many women look for these things in a man. It comes down to basic biology and psychology. Women are looking for someone to provide for them and men are looking for a woman to provide him with a place to get his rocks off. Yes, this isn't all men and women but it a lot of them.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you end contact with someone due to unrequited like?