Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The ISIS thing - opinions?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 26
Islamic State militants destroying ruins of the ancient city of HatraPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
The destruction of history is a great way to goad the Great & the Good into war-
That's exactly what set off our involvement in the Afghanistan debacle......
As for 15 year olds being legally unable to make such life choices,
we now seem to be heading down the road of explaining 'sexual consent'
to eleven year olds, followed, I suppose, by a load of finger wagging
and 'of course you can't make that decision until you are 16'
..........yeah right............

vlad dracul
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Islamic State militants destroying ruins of the ancient city of Hatra
Posted: 3/8/2015 11:41:51 AM
Wail poor isis mattresses wail wail wail. For a start no the lassies abused ranges from 11 years old upwards. And it is you who should hang your head in shame equating young lassies abused by adults and then shunned by politicians and the polis with dafties who know what islamic state are about then FREELY going to join in.

I retract nothing and if they had been stupid white mattresses like the dutch dafties i would wish the same. See you used race again? The same race you do not believe in. Funny its convenient when you want it mate. You could always report me to the outside group in canada that you did before. After all you dont mind race when it suits your argument.

Anyway islam is not a race. Get over it. Anyone who joins a group who wish harm on the nation i live in and where my bairn and grandbairns live then i wish ill. And yes the more burst mattresses and croaked arseholes from the uk who joined IS the better. They made the choice to go voluntarily. Are you trying to say the raped lassies in the grooming outrage did? If you are then look in the mirror and feel shame. Because they are not comparable.

So jo i do mean i hope the mattresses get burst. Hopefully discourage others to do it. Maybe the labour party could get involved? Make amends for turning a blind eye to the grooming victims.

And you can allude to my politics all you want like the person who mentioned secret dossiers. It means plums. Still good to read your concern over the thousands of abused grooming victims. Oh you never really did you? Are you a labour voter by any chance?

And please if you want to nudge nudge wink wink and allude then hey it cuts both ways. Maybe i just feel more sorry for bairns who had no choice and who were shunned by politicians and the polis than educated bints who voluntarily go to be mattresses.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2015 9:49:53 AM
I was having a wee ponder today so i was. Thinking about the accusation that my sympathy for abused bairns only extends to white lassies. And that i need to step back and have a rethink. You wrote

"Here, we see, that had they been "brown", or "muslim", or both, (as in this case) , then these girls, (who are about the same ages as the abused girls in the other cases; 15, and 16, ) would "deserve" (by your apparent reckoning)to be raped, mutilated,"stoned to death", infected, or, to use your lovely turn of phrase; "Hopefully soon to be burst mattresses.". The police and the authorities here, at the time, seemingly shared your views; that those ("white") girls were "prostitutes", and had "made their own life-choices".Views, which when exposed, the vast majority of the general public found abhorrent. "As do I."

What views of mine did the polis and the authorities share then? Care to point them out?

Since i first started posting on these forums i have consistently vented against in no particular order fgm, forced marriages, honour murders, forced blanket wearing, stoning to death and general abuses that go on in islam and the horrors inflicted on lassies in the name of a 'religion'. Like you i see religion as a folk controlling thing. But unlike you i have no problem folk having beliefs. It is their choice. But all religions have ghastly people in their midst. It's just that islam seems to get a free pass most of the time for it's abuses unlike Christianity which gets the full scrutiny. Wonder why that is? Maybe someone could shed some light on that?

So your disingenuous use of words does you no credit. How the hell you can link the grooming, torture, abuse, raping, gang raping, branding, alcohol, drug, anal vaginal and oral rape, the selling to old men of thousands of lassies from the age of 11 years old upwards to the 3 lassies who joined isis defies belief. Are you SERIOUSLY trying to equate like for like mate? These were not 3 lassies brought up in dysfunctional families or care homes. They were t'interweb savvy. Are you trying to say that the beheading, hangings, stoning to death, mass rape, homosexuals being thrown from buildings and every other atrocity committed by isis went unnoticed by them?

To be fair you must find the grooming abuse as abhorrent as everyone else but i am surprised you have not posted more on it. You never miss a chance to have a pop at the Catholic church. You also wrote.....

"The next time I see one of your posts whining about these "poor abused wee lassies", I'll remember that it's only when the perpetrators are "brown", and the victims are "white", that you have any "sympathy" for them. Otherwise, it's "a laugh"

Where did i say my sympathies are for white victims only? Could you point it out please? I have sympathy for all abused victims who are exploited. I however HAVE NO SYMPATHY WHATEVER for those stupid enough to go to join isis. None. For you to claim they are victims of grooming is ridiculous mate. You also wrote......

" You know what that makes you, don't you..? It's no wonder you're so enamoured with "Golden Dawn".

Ah the old 'must be a nazi' one. Deary me how bad is that? I thought you could do better insults than that mate? That is soooooooooo 60,s, 70,s, 80,s, 90,s. The istismophobic insults are soooooooo passe they mean plums now. Now if you had alluded to me being a bounder or a cad well............ So are all 60 women quoted in the article below victims of t'interweb grooming? Obviously the London Academy they attended cannot be that outstanding if A level students want to join islamic state as mattresses. Because that is what they have went there to be.

"Sixty British women and girls, including 18 teenagers, are believed to have travelled to Syria to join Islamic State (Isis) militants, the UK’s top counter-terrorism police officer has said.
Deputy assistant commissioner Helen Ball, senior national coordinator for counter-terrorism, revealed that about five of them are 15 – 16."
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/01/london-schoolgirls-60-female-britons-joined-isis

"Police have issued an urgent plea to stop three missing girls from an "outstanding" London academy reaching Syria in a suspected bid to join the Islamic State group (IS).
The number of Western migrants who have travelled to Iraq and Syria to join IS is believed to be around 3,000, including as many as 550 women, according to a study by the London-based Institute for Strategic Dialogue released last month.

The report said: ''There is no doubt, therefore, that the women who migrate to the territory controlled by Isis revel in the gore and brutality of the organisation. They appear desensitized to the horrific nature of the violent acts being committed.''
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/20/schoolgirls-syria_n_6720352.html

P.s. stoat the baw is a Scottish term for a child molester. Stoat meaning bounce, the meaning the and baw meaning ball. It derives from the way you would bounce a ball with your hand being the way child molesters would pat a child's head. Well that's the Edinburgh version of the expression.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g01uw9hyqKc
 Jo van
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/16/2015 12:12:26 PM

What views of mine did the polis and the authorities share then? Care to point them out?

Without finding exact quotes, you're basically saying that these (15-year-old) girls made their own (informed") decisions to join ISIS, and that therefore you felt that they "deserve" (my word, not yours) to become "burst mattresses"/FGM/STD's etc.
The police and the relevant social services took a similar view with the abused girls, in various cities, ; that they had made their own "life choices", or to use a seemingly apposite proverb: "they had made their own beds, and should therefore lie in them".
I've even seen a quote from either the police or social services (I don't remember which) which described the (now acknowledged as; 'abused') girls, as "prostitutes".
Most people (now) see such views as contributory to the sustained periods of abuse, and such "judgements" about victims are no longer tolerated.
It's simple: If a girl is below the age of legal consent, her consent isn't 'valid', it's almost irrelevant, as we now recognise the ability of predators to obtain such (invalid) 'consent', by means of 'grooming'.
I'll come back to that ('grooming'), later.

Since i first started posting on these forums i have consistently vented against in no particular order fgm, forced marriages, honour murders, forced blanket wearing, stoning to death and general abuses that go on in islam and the horrors inflicted on lassies in the name of a 'religion'. Like you i see religion as a folk controlling thing. But unlike you i have no problem folk having beliefs. It is their choice. But all religions have ghastly people in their midst. It's just that islam seems to get a free pass most of the time for it's abuses unlike Christianity which gets the full scrutiny. Wonder why that is? Maybe someone could shed some light on that?

You have indeed 'vented', often, and seemingly, always against only one of the three very-similar, 'Abrahamic' religions.
You say that it's "Christianity which gets the full scrutiny", but NOT, seemingly from you.
Whenever I mention the abuses of the catholic (or other) church, you either defend them, as you did earlier, or respond with a *yawn*.
Have you any ideas of the differences in scale, between the "muslim" abusers/groomers, which you keep bringing to our attention,
and those of "our own" religious institutions and/or followers, which you don't...?

Savile, for example, was 'knighted' not just by the queen, but also by the catholic church.

In the 'Jay Report', of as long ago as 2004, there were already "10,667 allegations against 4,392 priests accused of engaging in sexual abuse of a minor".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases
And that was just in the US. It's probably loads more now, and don't forget that many people will never speak of what happened to them, - it could be thousands more!
It was world-wide, 'systemic', and covered-up, all the way to the top.
The then "Head of the inquisition" "Cardinal Ratzinger", who covered-it-up, for decades, then went on to become "the pope".

I have sympathy for all abused victims who are exploited. I however HAVE NO SYMPATHY WHATEVER for those stupid enough to go to join isis. None. For you to claim they are victims of grooming is ridiculous mate. You also wrote......

And:

So are all 60 women quoted in the article below victims of t'interweb grooming? Obviously the London Academy they attended cannot be that outstanding if A level students want to join islamic state as mattresses. Because that is what they have went there to be.

So you think that 'well-educated' or intelligent girls/boys from seemingly 'loving' and/or 'respectable' homes, can't be 'groomed'..?
Whilst I'd concede that improved knowledge, in general, would probably make it less likely, the very reason we have laws which invalidate 'consent' below a decided age, is precisely because we accept the vulnerability of young minds, regardless of how 'computer-savvy' they might be.

It's my belief that, just as in the church abuse cases, it's society, and it's 'values', which have been an 'accomplice', in the 'grooming' of both these girls, and the children who were willingly 'fed' to paedophile priests.
Children are (still) taught to "respect" religions, and the religious.
They are taught that the more 'pious' a person is, the more likely they are to be "good".

These Isis fvckwits [/Med. Term] claim to be the most pious and devout of adherents to their particular 'flavour' of religion, just as priests here, claim to be, to theirs.

It's very confusing for the young, particularly if they've been brought-up in 'devout' households.
All three religions (in their 'texts') call for the extermination of 'non-believers', the stoning of 'adulterers'.( or women who've been raped), the beating of wives and children.
It's the texts themselves, which are "extreme".
These ("extremists") people just claim to "be doing it more correctly".

Until all three religions (and others) denounce and edit-out the violent, patriarchal, misogynist, racist, divisive, primitive drivel, contained in their so-called "holy texts", which are mostly the random ramblings of drug-crazed, or mentally-ill 'holy men' (always men!), and superstitious arse-gravy from the neolithic, which it really is,
*and breathe*
until they do that, there'll always be simple-minded people, who 'embrace' every syllable, in some misguided attempt to achieve the sort of instant 'elevated social status', which such self-declarations of 'devotion' still seemingly bring, it's a 'bidding-war'.
Religions are basically "Dutch Auctions" for fun and enjoyment.
I predict a return to fashion of "self-flagellation", anytime soon.

'Until then;
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think ~Socrates.

I'm on holiday.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2015 7:58:24 PM
Well first off geezer pointing out the 'evils' of christianity is your neck of the woods. Now and then you pay lip service to judaism and islam but only rarely. So as you have the 'but christians done' angle sewn up then i shall make ridiculing the religion of peas and 'but muslims done' as my chosen subject.

I am still trying to fathom out how the grooming, rape and abuse of thousands of bairns, many in council care is the same as the 3 mosqueteers heading to join isis. I just cannot see the link. I can however see a link with the groomed, raped and abused bairns in the uk and the kidnapped, raped and abused bairns in nigeria and everywhere isis and their friends have terrorised.

So have we to suspend belief and reckon that the mattresses knew nothing of the beheadings, murders, massacres, mass rapes, burning alive, stoning, hanging, thrown from rooftops etc? And of course they would be oblivious to the kidnapped bairns by boko haram in nigeria to be used as sex slaves? How about the yazidi women who isis captured and forced into being sex slaves? Did they not know that?

So we have the kidnapped bairns in africa. The kidnapped yazidi in iraq and the 3 mosqueteer mattresses. Only one of those 3 mentioned VOLUNTEERED to be isis sex slaves and jihadi brides. So forgive me for not giving a toss about the 3 mattresses.

I think you are missing the undercurrent in the uk mate. No matter how much the bbc try to garner sympathy for the 3 it just is not working. Were all the geezers who left to be isis fighters groomed as well then?

Personally i think every radical muslim who yodels about the joys of jihad should be given the right to do so. And anyone who wants to go and join isis should be allowed to do so. Make it easier for them to leave the uk. And once they are gone? Well tough shit. You made a choice. Bye oh and you will not be coming back to the uk.

If only. But the bbc and the liberal elites will claim it is their 'human rights innit?' to join a muslim death cult then come back to the hated evil (still predominantly) christian west when the novelty of slaughtering folk wears off. I know you will sneer because of the journals i have used below but they are closer to what the general population think in my opinion.

"Rod Liddle raises an interesting question in his latest Spectator blogpost:

Are you terribly worried about those three London ‘schoolgirls’ who have gone off to fight for the Islamic State in Syria?
His answer:
I must admit I haven’t lost an awful lot of sleep over it.

Douglas Murray doesn’t have much sympathy either. He thinks we should spend less time worrying about these three girls in particular, and more time thinking how we can dissuade other girls from doing likewise – perhaps by showing them videos of the fate that likely awaits them in the paradise that is Islamic State.

For instance, tell them about the nice young British girls who’ve already gone to Syria, and explain that their ‘jihad’ will involve being repeatedly raped by big bearded men before being machine gunned against a wall or blown to smithereens by some Arab group or other who do not like jihad tourists. A video explaining that the young men will suffer the same fate might do some good too.

These, clearly, are not the responses the BBC would like us to have. The way it has been covering the story, you’d think none of us would be capable of resting until a carrier fleet had been dispatched to the Eastern Mediterranean and “our girls” had been safely winched aboard by an SAS rescue helicopter.

But, outside the Muslim “community”, I’m not sure that many British people will feel quite the same pang for these girls’ fate.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/02/25/are-you-worried-about-the-three-london-schoolgirls-whove-gone-to-fight-for-isis/
 Jo van
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/20/2015 12:04:09 PM

I am still trying to fathom out how the grooming, rape and abuse of thousands of bairns, many in council care is the same as the 3 mosqueteers heading to join isis. I just cannot see the link.

The 'link' is their age.
Young people do stupid things, they make stupid decisions, I know I did. Of course, when we're 15, we think we know it all.
Add to that the "background"; ("social grooming")
These girls all came from "muslim" backgrounds, with "devout" (but not "extreme") "muslim" parents.
They have been taught that "religion is good".

The whole "isis" thing is an easy "sell", considering the past, and some quite recent "colonisations" in the middle east.
Italy, France, Britain, have all had "colonies" there, recently.

And then there's "Israel", where it could be argued (and IS) that the west supports, arms, funds, and populates the continued oppression and dispossession of arab/"muslim" lands, in favour of "western" immigrants.
They killed another couple of thousand just last year (?) and bombed the shit out of Gaza and it's infrastructure.
It's very easy to find examples of "western injustice" against "muslims".

The "christian " west is really the "judeo-christian" west, and they have dominated the region, with vastly superior military resources, for the last 100 years, and beyond. (The Ottomans etc etc)

The real problem is that in the west, the "establishment" still subscribe to "our" flavour of the various "Abrahamic" religious myths.
"We" still believe in "jews", because "jesus was a jew", and "we" still "worship" jesus, as "the son of god".
So "we" in the west think that anybody who self-identifies as a "jew" should be allowed to live in the "lands of their ancestors".
It's drivel, IMO of course, but there you are....

To the people who self-identify as "muslims", all this just looks like a continuation of the "crusades".
-And the current generation wants another crack at it.

Funnily enough, most "english" people fail to recognise that "our English flag", (the "cross of St George",) is the exact same religious symbol worn by those "crusaders".
The head of state is also the head of the state religion.
Viewed "from the outside", by people with "other faiths" (eg "muslims"), Britain/England looks just like a feudal theocracy, to rival any in the M.E.
And our history shows a long record of trying to impose "christianity" on the rest of the world, either through conquests and colonisation, or simply "missionaries".

In short; we tried to rape the rest of the world, by using the "missionary position".
"Isis" have the same ambitions, -only with "islam".

It's a mess.
But then, I'm one of those "dangerous" atheists, that those "archbishops" are always warning people about.!
Both lots would like me silenced, for "blasphemy".
When the real danger is deluded religious beliefs, based on the superstitions and fears from a time when they knew fvck-all about.... anything.

I know you will sneer because of the journals i have used below but they are closer to what the general population think in my opinion.

Well... "the general population" also thought that Jimmy Savile was a great bloke,
& worshiped other celebrities, & think it's fine for a footballer to be paid millions, while a nurse can barely afford to eat.
The majority in your country wanted to remain British.

I'm not too bothered what "the general population" thinks,
I'm well used to being 'out of step' by now.
I think that one of the biggest problems is that "the general population" don't think, half- enough,
about anything.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/20/2015 2:06:55 PM
Yes, yes, you two - we've all heard it all before (yawn)
when I started this thread I thought it might be interesting
to look at diverse opinions, so, tell you what, why don't
you two take your ball & kick it around somewhere else?

Ta much -

Toodle pip.......

vlad dracul
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2015 11:37:14 AM
Now now poster formely known as lighty. Just because me and the man from oxford have war and peace type posts it does not mean SOME of what we waffle about
is not relevant to the thread. There have only been 40 odd posts on this thread and the subject is one that should get loads of comment.
Personally most of the threads are of no real interest to me and so i comment not on them.

But the uk forum seems in terminal decline. It would be boss if more folk commented and took part in threads. But they do not. So what be the answer?

Anyway islamic state and boko haram who are now bessie mates seem to dislike us non (their version of) islam. So whilst there is much handwringing from the
daftie liberal elite types about 'brainwashed' muslims going to join islamic state and how it is the beastly istismophobes who drive them to do this what about this
then?

Now i always thought that governments had a duty to protect its citizens? Call me a bit old fashioned but i would have thought anyone who kept torture/murder/execution
videos on their phone was not the type of person you would want seeking asylum in the country. Yes all the videos are available online but these are so called asylum seekers. Trying to escape torture/murder/execution in their homeland yet they do not seem to mind watching others being tortured/murdered/executed.

All very noble saying those who have carried out criminal acts will be denied asylum but as we know full well in the uk that 'human rights r us innit' lawyers make it nearly
impossible to deport anyone. The quote below sums up how weak our governments have become.

"She said that asylum seekers found to have participated in criminal acts would be denied refugee status.
These asylum seekers have been sent back to their home country, unless they risk being subjected to inhuman treatment, torture or the death penalty. "

Police find torture clips on refugee phones. NTB/The Local | 24 Mar 2015, 07:47

Norwegian Police have found video clips of torture, mutilation, and executions saved on the mobile phones of those seeking asylum in Norway, the Police Immigration Service has told the country’s Dagsavisen newspaper.

The Police Immigration Service confirmed to the paper that people connected to terrorist groups such as Islamic State, Al-Shabaab and Boko Haram had all tried to come to Norway to claim asylum.

“It can be very expensive to find out who they are and what they have done,” Hanne Jendal at the Immigration Directorate told the newspaper.

She said that asylum seekers found to have participated in criminal acts would be denied refugee status.

Since 2008, between 90 and 100 people have been denied asylum due to past participation in terrorism, including Iraqis, Eritreans, Palestinian, Afghans, Somalis, Russians, Sri Lankans, Ethiopians, Iranians, Syrians, Yemenis, Equatorial Guineans, Uzbekistanis and Zimbabweans.

These asylum seekers have been sent back to their home country, unless they risk being subjected to inhuman treatment, torture or the death penalty.

Rolf Arne Kurthi from the Police Immigration Service (PU) estimates that as many as 98 percent of those seeking asylum in Norway are genuine refugees.
http://m.thelocal.no/20150324/norway-police-find-torture-clips-on-refugee-phones
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2015 2:34:16 AM
Looks like this is all kicking off. Saudi Arabia and Jordan are now getting stuck in in Yemen. There are so many versions of ISIS and Al Quaeda out there trying to take over Sudan, Nigeria and Libya for example frightening the "legitimate" governments to do something. America is helping out with advice. I can't see it being too long before there will be western boots on the ground again.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2015 6:43:05 PM
Can anyone explain to me how ISIS came from nothing to have the finance from the off that they must have had to do what they have done?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 7:22:16 AM
Looks like I was right (again) way back in March. Whether or not joe public like it Cameron seems to need to flex his muscles and show those nasty ISIS who the boss is. What is it about politicians that they need to be seen as doing something. Latest news from No 10 is that ISIS are looking for nuclear weapons - sound familiar?

I reckon we will be bombing Syria within a week or two and by Christmas will have UK troops in theatre.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/24/2015 7:44:29 AM
I'd forgotten I started this thread.....
(which wasn't about ill treating Ancient monuments-
we have enough of our own in Westminster, Palace of....)
I can see this lot turning into another Afghanistan, but messier.
I don't think we have much in the way of options here...
I note with sadness the tabloid screech about 20% of young
Muslims support(?) what's going on...really?
Tell you what then, why don't you go & join them....
form an orderly queue & leave your passports
at the departure gate, where HMG will destroy them.
The BBC World Service seems to be in line for a massive
cash boost....nothing like a good propaganda machine.....

Justanotherchap
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 10:16:45 AM
Sorry you picked up that bit of nonsense from the Sun. They engaged a survey group to find out what Muslims thought about people from the UK going to fight in Syria. Yougov refused to do the survey on the basis it was ill conceived and badly funded.

The questions were something like "do you have some, a lot or no sympathy for people going to fight in Syria". No mention of which side they were going to fight for - Assad, Syrian Free Army, ISIS, Peshmerga or the Kurds.

75% / 80% said they had no sympathy. The survey was conducted by telephoning people with Muslim sounding names.

So whichever way you look at this, this was just the Sun rebel rousing against Muslims.

That isn't to say we have a problem with UK citizens going there to fight. The papers say today that around 700 people have gone from the UK, about 70 have been killed and half have come back. Would tend to agree that we should not allow people back but then if someone had gone to help the Kurds I would have sympathy and possibly encourage them.

But it is a mess. Looks like the Russian jet was shot down because it was attacking Turkmen fighters who Turkey supports. Turkey is fighting the Kurds who we support and is probably arming and buying oil from ISIS.
 billybonds
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/24/2015 10:36:13 AM
Looking very very attractive in your jeans bunny. I know rather than the forum men paying homage you'd rather a passing lady, however with Isis on the loose I salute your stance at this difficult time and laud your very essence for not covering up.

Isis, Isil, Is or most egregiously dash. personally I shall call them budgie smugglers from now on, has us all running around like decapitated chickens looking for some Response to the Paris outrage. Our politicians who have been attacking a certain lovely oily part of the world for nearly a hundred years now are in clover with this casus bellend and the much anticipated migrant ...refugee all singing ...media production.

Forumites! Let me now cut the Gordian knot for you all and lay out the whole shoddy business for you. It may come as a tremendous shock to you but I shall not Stint nor delay the declaration of what sits behind all this evil doing, in all its totality.

Are you ready for this? Are you sitting down? For this is a deeply deeply shocking pronouncement and one that will shock and surprise you to your quick. That is why I have asked the aforementioned question, namely .....are you sitting down.....for I, namely me, have a duty of care to my beloved Fellow forumites not to foist this awful revelation on you too quickly because once you have learn this thingy, never again Will you be able to claim in your profile that you are an interesting person . A monochromatic world awaits your lovely denim being and years if not decades of social Siberia.

It's the fiat dollar.

Yes after nearly fifty years of counterfeiting their paper and insisting on its use with violence and graft, America is faltering and stands close to the economic abyss.If America falls in, it shall have to take up working for a living again. Great Britain and Northern Ireland, America's greatest ally or poodle ran off early this year and joined China's Aiib...an Asian Imf.....Russia, in a deep recession, smelling blood and seeing red ink oozing all over the American imperium are bombing the Middle East into the Stone Age. America's unrivalled sphere of influence. A confident China are creating islands in the south sea and militarising them. Not a week goes by this year without American power and prestige in the world getting degraded.

The fiat dollar is a Ponzi scheme that needs to create more and more paper to keep it from collapse. It is a certainty that it will collapse. Before the world Flees it, protect yourself with hard assets like property and precious metals. live for today. Try to grow your own food. I think we are going to end up with a war economy with government worldwide taking on huge centralising powers to off set the huge economic dislocation that results from decades of artificial money and its artificial interest rate.
 Graffiti_Poet
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2015 11:17:40 PM
For France

The war on terror's almost done
thank God for us the good guys won
just like we did in 45
we've made it through with most alive
with all the bad guys dropped down dead
an ounce of justice in their head.

It's too soon yet to sing and dance
they took their shot and wounded France
the price for that they've not yet paid
they made us jump but not afraid
let's tell them now they've one last chance
to make amends for hurting France.

Tear down that rag you call a flag
stick your hands up skanky slag
or meet your maker face to face
where Iblis keeps his warm embrace
for those like you with minds unwell
he'll take your soul to burn in HELL.........

As I say in the poem, I am confident we are entering the end game on the war on terror and I do believe that we have won. We have been very lucky that our current prime Minister has more than a touch of the Forrest Gumps about him. He keeps doing the right things in this war but I'm not so sure he is doing them with presence of mind and forethought.

As horrific the events in Paris and the other cities similarly attacked in the last few weeks are we have to try and not let our anger and fear affect our judgements on what we do next. Should we bomb Syria?, well obviously not, we bombed hundreds of places now and the result has been not only are we not killing terrorists we are spawning them.

Is has been estimated that just over 60% of all the weapons used against us in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and elsewhere we manufactured and sold (or even given for nothing) by the UK and America. There is the real problem and where, in my opinion, the real solution will be found. The terrorists will soon run out of guns and ammo if we stopped supplying them to them. Then it's just a case of mopping up the flotsum and jetsome of Daesh afterwards.

So far Mr, Cameron has hit most decisions bang on, let's hope that he can see this critical action which is badly needed and work his Forest Gump magic on it too, lol...............GP
 vlad dracul
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2015 12:51:20 AM
Graffiti
"For France

The war on terror's almost done
thank God for us the good guys won
just like we did in 45
we've made it through with most alive
with all the bad guys dropped down dead
an ounce of justice in their head.

It's too soon yet to sing and dance
they took their shot and wounded France
the price for that they've not yet paid
they made us jump but not afraid
let's tell them now they've one last chance
to make amends for hurting France.

Tear down that rag you call a flag
stick your hands up skanky slag
or meet your maker face to face
where Iblis keeps his warm embrace
for those like you with minds unwell
he'll take your soul to burn in HELL........."

Nice one mate. We live in dangerous times just now. This russian plane that was shot down is a strange new twist to this mess. Especially it being american weapons used and the russian pilots being executed.

Still further to your tribute to france this made me smile. West ham fans singing the jihadi john song.
Ironic when you consider jihadi john hated the west AND ham. I await these lads being arrested by pc pc plod for some made up crime for causing 'offence'. Mind what you write mate you have probably broken some new law made up to keep the masses docile.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/11/23/watch-uk-football-fans-sing-jihadi-john-hes-fcking-dead-bomb-dropped-head/
 Graffiti_Poet
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2015 1:48:14 AM
Thanks vlad, I've been sure someone is coming to take me away for a while now, I just wasn't sure who it might be. Now I know, hahahaha

As horrific as recent events were I cannot help but think back to conversations I had with my sadly now departed Grandparents. In their day the terrorists numbered in the millions and flew over their heads dropping all sorts of nasty bombs on them and causing a Paris level nightmare every night, week after week, month after month. My Grandfather fought at Lille in France and Dunkirk firing shells at them which simply bounced off their tanks. They faced a terror threat of unimaginable capability compared to what we are facing now.

We have been a combatant nation in the war on terror since the end of WWII. There are many battles we have fought from birth of Israel & the conflict in the middle east to more recently in Northern Ireland . Since America, always late to join in some might say, since America joined us in 2001 there have been only a small number of successful attacks and bombings here in the UK. Our chances of being hurt by the terrorists are a tiny fraction of those of our grandparents.

It's understandable that we are shocked and frightened by what is happening and by what we know is inevitably going to happen again. But must not be afraid, we are stronger and smarter than they are and we are many whilst they are few. We have to keep doing the things that are working and chance the things that are not. Our victory is assured, and soon too I think....

Big up to the West Ham lads, they know the baddies don't like it up 'em, hahahahaha

Jihadi John is now brown bread
we dropped some justice on his head,
a faceless coward gone for good
to meet his maker drenched in BLOOD ....
 vlad dracul
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2015 2:57:27 AM
My dad fought in the war. 8th army. Got wounded. No sense of taste or smell from then until he died. But in ww2 his enemy wore a uniform. Terrorists do not. Yes the attacks in the uk have been minimal but our citizens have fear. Fear that folk born on these islands will behead their fellow citizens. Fear that fellow citizens will board a bus or the tube with bombs. Not to further any cause but to impose a lifestyle on them that is alien.

It was reported that over 400 arseholes have went to syria to join daesh (nothing to do with islam) yet were allowed to come back to these islands. That is WRONG. Our authorities are pandering to a vocal minority. Folk are scared mate. Scared for their families. We cannot trust ANY politician. Where is the protection of our citizens? We disagree on a lot. But i believe we are pandering to islamists (nothing to do with islam) who wish our citizens harm.

Just look at the story below. FAILED being the main word yet he still lived on these islands. He must have lived somewhere? If he is an illegal then no council house. He (probably) got no benefits but hey who knows? So how did he live? SOMEONE must have employed him. So his employer and landlord took part in a conspiracy to hide this islamic state (nothing to do with islam) supporter.

Will i hold my breath awaiting on plod arresting them do you think? I'm positive his 'human rights innit' shyster lawyer is already working on the case. Paid for by the public.

And folk wonder why their fellow citizens start looking towards politics outside the liberal elites?

And SO CALLED islamic state (nothing to do with islam)? No, IT IS called islamic state (nothing to do with islam).

"A FAILED asylum seeker living in Edinburgh has admitted posting online messages in support of the so-called Islamic State and its terrorist acts.

Algerian citizen Mourad Mosdefaoui, 34, who is thought to have entered the UK in 2008, put three posts on social networking site Facebook between September 2014 and March 2015.

The main thing that is troubling me is that I have been living in a country of blasphemy
Mourad Mosdefaoui
In one, he is shown in a photograph holding a notepad with Arabic text which said: “The Islamic State will remain and expand God willing.”

In another, Mosdefaoui wrote he was troubled to be “living in a country of blasphemy” and appeared to suggest he would be willing to fight in Iraq and Syria. Investigators later found more than 11,000 images on a mobile phone in his possession, a number of which were said to depict imagery and propaganda associated with IS, including images appearing to show a beheading carried out by Jihadi John.

A search of Mosdefaoui’s Edinburgh flat this summer also uncovered a forged Belgian identity card, which he said he had obtained in order to find work in the UK.

Details of the offences were revealed at Edinburgh Sheriff Court yesterday, where Mosdefaoui pleaded guilty to two charges – one under the Terrorism Act 2006 and one under the 2010 Identity Documents Act. Sentencing was deferred until next month."
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/failed-asylum-seeker-admits-pro-is-facebook-posts-1-3956081
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2015 3:34:17 AM
Not sure which planet you are on GP, not the same one as me. The idea that we have almost conquered terrorism, especially Islamic terrorism, is so far wide of the mark.

Tunisia has just had an attack on its security services. Tunisia is trying to be a secular state but probably is the largest supplier of men to ISIS. The attacks on its tourist industry are designed to keep westerners away reducing the life styles of many of the workers to the poverty level and increasing the disaffection with the government. I believe most of the hotels where that attack took place are now closed and hundreds, probably thousands out of work. (That's the way terrorism works, 1 person with a hundred quids worth of kalashnikov kills off a whole industry)

Boko Haram is bigger in Nigeria than ever. The Nigerian Army could do more but it's money is stolen by corrupt politicians.

The Taliban seems to be strengthening in Afghanistan aided by the Pakistani security services.

The recent bombings in Mali seem to be different Islamic groups trying to be the number 1 terrorist organisation there.

Iran is far from a secular state, but like Saudi. Both are supporting their favourite terrorists organisations, both want to rule the middle east.

Turkey has stopped being a secular state and has reopened the fighting with the Kurds who represent 25% of the population.

Egypt is struggling with ISIS in the Sinai in particular.

Iraq is still a basket case.

And Europe has let in around a million undocumented migrants.
 Graffiti_Poet
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2015 3:36:05 AM
It sounds like that chappie has been doing what many others have and that's watching the propaganda put out by our enemies and being taken in by it. That's not an uncommon tactic on their part, it's how the terrorists our Grandparents stood up to managed to get a whole nation to appear to be, and then actually be, supporting their brand of horror.

I'm no braver than the next man but the night after the Paris attack I went into town, had probably one half of Guiness too many and ended up watching a very talented band playing in the Courtyard. Me and many others besides, yes we were shocked and frightened by what happened, but we are not afraid and we will never be beaten.

We are faced with an enemy within that is certain, but we have to deal with them appropriately, like we did with the Irish terrorists. We have to stop them with our better intelligence and we have to face up to them when they start waving guns and other weapons around. We would never dream of bombing Cardiff because a horrific event was masterminded there and nor would we allow a suspected terrorist be taken out with a drone on the streets of Manchester.

If, as we are now lead to believe, the whole world is against them then they will have no-one to sell their oil too, no access to weapons and ammunition and now the people who spawned them have come to understand the monster they have created, soon they will have nowhere to hide either....This war is entering it's final battle, we will win, everyone will win.....

A World Without Borders

No man doth stand upon this land
could take it's image in his hand,
and mark out lines upon it's face
which shows the limits of each PLACE.... GP
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 47
The ISIS thing - opinions?
Posted: 12/3/2015 10:20:24 AM
....It's day two and we're on our way.....Hilary Benn was a tour de force last night......
We've already bombed some of the Isis oil revenue (So we are told....)
Herr Camraman has now said that this could go on for years.....
these missiles cost 100k a pop....that's a lot of housing 'need'.....
I'm so glad that I (& other taxpayers) can afford it......
& the foreign aid budget
& the Euro junkets
& the climate change rubbish
Just wait until Russia bombs Turkey........
you read it here first....

billybonds
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/3/2015 2:55:03 PM
Well first of all I think Hillary "ennui" Benn was a giant turd last night. The big bow locks. I also believe
Putin has been bombing the Isis oil convoys and Turkey economically in the poop, as well as Russia, has got all
upset and feeling all nice and safe with nato's article 5 shot down the ruskies kite. But I think Vladamir Putin
will have his revenge by pushing a custard flan up that erdogan's nostrils.

Personally I feel that december the 16th's FOMC meeting is potentially a catastrophe in the making.
If the fed funds rate doesn't go up I feel the fed will lose the confidence of the massively deformed
global markets or maybe not. It's all about confidence and an utterly blind devotion to their mad
Keynsian beliefs, perhaps a collective myopia that will last until a global collapse.If they raise them, sure it's
a step towards normalisation but the federal reserve becomes insolvent through this scenario, its liabilities
greater than its assets. Volatility will ensure.

We do live in economic times that are truly epochal, history in the making. Total outstanding debt in dollar
terms is now $225 trillion dollars with a stagnant global gdp of $76 trillion. Peak global debt has arrived and it
is a debt only manageable at zero or negative rates of interest and only then for now . Printing more money is just
creating even more debt as all money is borrowed into existence. The US federal reserve does not ultimately set interest rates, it can only influence them, only directly setting the rate for base money. And even though the last seven years or perhaps decades of destructive artificial intervention or price fixing in the most important price in capitalism has suggested the contrary we are now in for a truly shocking next few years as distorted prices unwind violently as malinvestments in unproductive assets emerge and are liquidated by nature. Fixing prices leads to productive inefficiency and ultimately famine.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2015 2:39:26 AM
Scroll back a page to see I forecast this bombing. I also said we would have troops in theatre by Christmas, wonder if I will be right on that one too.

I have yet to meet one single person who supports the government in this adventure. I do hope this does not rebound on our troops who are only following orders (hmmm - where have I heard that phrase before). There has been a marked improvement in attitude towards our armed services in recent years, I hope this doesn't affect that!
 JustinElle
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/6/2015 8:10:06 AM
I have no idea if people are interested in facts outside the limited ones prepared and presented through the mainstream media as the full and complete explanation of things people need to know. But sometimes things told to us as the only way to understand a situation, should be questioned, and below is a different take on the fixed reality most people appear fixated on.

As of November 3, the US has reportedly conducted 3,586 airstrikes in Iraq and 2,578 in Syria against the terrorists, who were initially trained by the CIA in Jordan in 2012 to destabilize the Syrian government. Meanwhile Lt.General Michael Flynn, former US Special Forces commander in Iraq and Afghanistan, referred to America’s invasion of Iraq in 2003 as “a huge error” that lead to the creation of Daesh.

How is it possible that, in a matter of weeks, an obscure gang of thugs were able to seize control of a large swath of Syria, start an oil-export business while never coming under a credible threat by its alleged NATO enemies? There’s just one way.

August 30, 2013 and British PM David Cameron bid to join the US military in yet another Middle East misadventure, in Syria was rejected. Cameron’s unexpected defeat forced Obama to appear on television, telling the American people “I have a deeply held preference for peaceful solutions.”.

Now right around this time Russia was making a nuisance of itself as far as Washington was concerned. Moscow, managed stop NATO as Putin convinced Syrian President Bashar Assad to surrender his chemical weapons to the United Nations. Putin was then vilified on the global stage as worse than Hitler.

Suddenly, a new band of Islamic terrorists appeared – ‘The Islamic State of Syria and the Levant (ISIS)’ with displays of violence and savagery so fantastic it required the suspension of disbelief.

In August 2014, one year after the US invasion of Syria was stopped by Putin, a string of Western journalists found themselves kidnapped and duly decapitated by an English-speaking thug nicknamed ‘Jihadi John’. Yet with each released video a number of experts came out to declare the slick productions “staged.” Stranger still, perhaps, is that the actual moments of decapitation were politely censored for viewing audiences, who have certainly witnessed worse spectacles in their cinemas or on DVD’s. Following the alleged decapitation of James Foley, a forensic analyst told The Times that the video production was "rather odd" since no blood can be seen, even though the knife is drawn across the neck area at least six times.

“After enhancements, the knife can be seen to be drawn across the upper neck at least six times, with no blood evidence to the point the picture fades to black,” the analysis said. Sounds purportedly made by Foley at the time of his alleged execution “do not appear consistent with what may be expected. During Foley’s speech, there is a break in the tape that seems to indicate the kidnapped reporter had to repeat a line. One expert commissioned to examine the footage was reported as saying: “I think it has been staged. My feeling is that the execution may have happened after the camera was stopped.”

Yet despite the speculation that this tape, and the others that appeared later, was faked this new reference for atrocities duly issued to the British people stated that viewing this video could be considered a criminal act.
“We would like to remind the public that viewing, downloading or disseminating extremist material within the UK may constitute an offence under Terrorism legislation,” said UK Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe in a statement. This was after the government-connected agencies BBC and other media disseminating these video productions in the first place. A western journalist, Steven Sotloff, was also reported to have been decapitated in the same type of videotaped execution given to Mr. Foley - that is, complete with the usual censorship of the actual beheading. Islamic State's ultra-violent modus operandi to censor the action!!!!?????

Meanwhile, a hacktivist group CyberBerkut dropped a bombshell, saying they hacked the cell phone of an aid to John McCain showed a video that appears to show a stage-managed beheading scene of the sort we've seen on so many other occasions.

"An actor dressed as an executioner of IS is holding a knife to behead the prisoner, and the “victim” depicts to be suffering.The Islamic State for Iraq and Levant or IS executions are allegedly stage-managed," reported TechWorm.
Why would a band of ruthless terrorists find it necessary to produce videos that were not the real McCoy? Why would the actual moment of the beheadings be censored for public consumption? Why would the authorities warn the public they could be committing a crime for watching such sterilized material? None of this makes much sense.
The mainstream media made us believe that Western journalists were mercilessly killed by Islamic jihadists, nothing that has been presented to date would stand up in a court of law as irrefutable proof that a single murder has actually been committed.

The NEXT question must be asked where these finally crafted Islamic State videos come from.
In the majority of cases, from the same people who brought us Osama bin Laden for TV. A privately owned group, SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors terrorist groups on social media. The group has deep connections to the US government. “One of SITE’s founders, Rita Katz, is a government insider with close connections to former terrorism czar Richard Clarke and his staff in the White House, as well as investigators in the Department of Justice, Department of the Treasury, and the Department of Homeland Security”

In October 2007, it was revealed that the SITE Intelligence Group discovered and issued to the Bush administration a copy of an Osama bin Laden video that had yet to be released by al-Qaeda “Katz issued the video via a private link to a SITE web page to White House counsel Fred F. Fielding and Joel Bagnal, deputy assistant to the President for Homeland Security. Within 20 minutes, computers registered to various parts of the Executive Branch began downloading the video, and within hours a transcript referencing SITE had appeared on Fox News,” Global Research.
In 2004, The New York Times reported that some Islamic groups feel unfairly targeted by the work of Ms. Katz and her group.....“Ms. Katz's institute, which relies on government contracts and corporate clients, may be the most influential of those groups, and she is among the most controversial of the cyberspace monitors. Several Islamic groups and charities, for example, sued for defamation after she claimed they were terrorist fronts, even though they were not charged with a crime.”

The twisted tale of Islamic State has produced the desired effect: Just one month after the first questionable videotape surfaced of Mr. Foley being decapitated, the United States was doing exactly what it wanted to be doing one year earlier: bombing Syrian territory.

On Sept. 22, 2014, The Los Angeles Times heroically described “The United States and several allies launched airstrikes inside Syria for the first time late Monday, the Pentagon said, a heavy bombardment against multiple targets that marked an aggressive expansion of President Obama's war on Islamic State militants. Waves of U.S. fighter jets, bombers and armed drones slipped behind Syria's fortified air defenses to drop precision-guided bombs on militant positions, while Navy ships offshore fired lethal salvos of Tomahawk cruise missiles.”

However, as time would tell, even the Western attacks on Islamic State appeared to be equally staged, as the terrorist group was suffering no measurable toll from this “wave” of attack and in fact expanded its territoty till it almpost was on the verge of covering all of Syria
Only after Russia entered the fray did the terrorist group – together with its oil-exporting business – begin to suffer real losses. Russia appears to have exposed a series of lies, and western governments are in a spin as to how toregaing its credentials regarding Syria.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The ISIS thing - opinions?