Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Curious: Why are you still here if you have a relationship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fiftyplusone
Msg: 76
Curious: Why are you still here if you have a relationshipPage 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I agree with Demidar. If you're in relationship get the heck off the site. Please if you care so much about the people you have befriended on her, why not simply share an email or two off the site. I tend to think if you're here, you're looking. I don't buy the, "just want to correspond with my friends on here." You're still shopping.
 petula1908
Msg: 77
Curious: Why are you still here if you have a relationship
Posted: 2/19/2015 8:03:05 PM
I agree monitoring and banning on an adult forum is counter to the notion of free speech that a forum provides.
We have the choice to ignore or respond to any of the postings after all. As for deleting the "****" word or "***hole" , too silly. See what I mean lol!!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/19/2015 8:03:36 PM

I agree with Demidar. If you're in relationship get the heck off the site. Please if you care so much about the people you have befriended on her, why not simply share an email or two off the site. I tend to think if you're here, you're looking. I don't buy the, "just want to correspond with my friends on here." You're still shopping.

Really, does this look like the profile of a man that is "still shopping"?
 daynadaze
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2015 8:43:32 PM
Care so much about the people here? WTH? No offense to the people here, but I don't come here to 'see my friends', I come here to read the posts and maybe answer a few and yeah there are people here I look forward to reading, some because I like what they say and some because I totally disagree with what they say, which may switch up depending on what they have to say, but no one that I want to give my name and address to and what? Have cyber coffee? Who gave you the hall monitor job, and the psychic ability to know why people are here?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/20/2015 2:31:40 AM
Fiftyplusone:

You spend too much time agreeing with Demidar and his warped view of the world and you'll be just like him: dateless, bitter, hating and hostile (I see some of that hostility in your post here) for the rest of your life.

The user that posted this thread is one of those, yeah. Suspicious ... always seems confused/vague ... You a friend of Dee?

I agree with daynadaze: Who gave you the hall monitor job to come in here and judge everyone? I'm in a relationship; we all have different reasons for being here.

Ever think that some of us have interests we like to discuss with folks and we have no one irl to have those interactions? Ever think there are authors/writers here who ... well, just like to write and exchange ideas (as everyone who posts on the forums does)?

My profile is obviously not created to attract the kind of male attention some here are "fishing" for and it never was and never will be. Just sayin', Fiftyplusone. I think you'll find if you look at some of our profiles they may be a bit different than those who are ... well, let's just say "using a different kind of bait", okay? Yeah. We'll say that.

Don't come in here judging me and I'll do you the same favor ... next time we run into each other. The OP on this thread is not someone I'd want to emulate.

Just sayin' ...
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/20/2015 2:44:07 AM
Fiftyplusone: I don't appreciate your accusations. The last thing I'd do is contribute to the disintergration of a new relationship by introducing third-party life-wreckers, into my life.

I'm a mature and responsible adult; and I decide how I spend my time here and with whom. My boyfriend knows I post, here, and he trusts my good judgement and my commitment to our relationship. (I've also met a couple of great acquaintences here with whom I'm developing new friendships, too, whom i exchanges messages here and cmmunicate in real life.)

My profile is reflective of my current relationship status and I make it clear I continue participation, here, for the forums. I'm not shopping for anybody; I never was. I took my time creating a profile and enviornment in which to foster a stable relationship with a loving and caring man. You're free to view it for confirmation, at least in words and current photos.

So, no, I get everything I need from my significant other, emotionally, sexually, spiritually, intellectually, and mentally; nobody else can top this.
 Dee4166
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2015 2:44:47 AM

You a friend of Dee?

Huh???? What???? I'M "Dee", ...thanks...Call the "other one" deetristate, please....

Don't want any confusion...;-) lol And besides, my shoulders are only SO broad....lmao
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/20/2015 3:10:10 AM
Yikes, sorry, Dee. Too late to edit.

When I read the other Dee's name, for some reason I read/see it as "Deeisstrate (straight)". No idea why; I think it must just "fit" her mindset ... in my mind ... if you get my drift.

Yeah, sorry. You were right on that one. lol Glad there's no one going by "Curious" around here but me. And with the stuff I post, I doubt there will be.
 cooldog65
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2015 6:48:37 AM
CuriousInDB
When I read the other Dee's name, for some reason I read/see it as "Deeisstrate (straight)". 

I thought the same exact thing, too. There are a couple of other posters names I have misread, too.

Did you notice the title of the thread reads like it is directed at you?
 chameleonf
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/20/2015 7:50:50 AM

How, precisely, does this personally impact you? If you see someone in the forums is in a relationship, they're obviously not someone you're going to be going after and they're just as likely not interested in you as far as a relationship goes. So again, why is it any of your concern? Do you only chat with single people outside of dating sites as well?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/20/2015 8:29:48 AM
cooldog65:

CuriousInDB
When I read the other Dee's name, for some reason I read/see it as "Deeisstrate (straight)".

I thought the same exact thing, too. There are a couple of other posters names I have misread, too.

Did you notice the title of the thread reads like it is directed at you?

Now that you ask, I think I noticed how funny it is that part of my user name seems to come up here in posts all the time and I did kinda laugh at that. I didn't think about forums when I chose this user name.

But no, I didn't think it was directed at me, even given the OP. I mean, I'm not paranoid, cool. There really are people after me. I just can't figure out why.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/20/2015 8:48:01 AM

Ever think that some of us have interests we like to discuss with folks and we have no one irl to have those interactions? Ever think there are authors/writers here who ... well, just like to write and exchange ideas (as everyone who posts on the forums does)?

This is exactly my problem, I mean situation. I've looked for writer's blogs and stuff like that, but the reality is that I am not interested in talking about craft, but rather the most important element there is, the human condition. What a better place to find all the craziness that is human interactions than a place like this, where the bizarre, the obtuse, the this-cann't-happen-in-real-life happens and reality is stranger than fiction.
 ladyc4
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/20/2015 10:08:26 AM

but rather the most important element there is, the human condition. What a better place to find all the craziness that is human interactions than a place like this, where the bizarre, the obtuse, the this-cann't-happen-in-real-life happens and reality is stranger than fiction.

Precisely!!
At this point in time I'm not all that interested in having a relationship, and I've come to believe that most likely any I do have will come from real-life interaction.
But even so I enjoy the forums for exactly what I quoted IG on.And would STAY on PoF for the forums even if I were to be involved with someone.
Cindy O
 Aradia96
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/20/2015 10:15:51 AM
Because I'm not in a relationship and if I were I'd want extra entertainment.
This place is a replacement for old forums I used to frequent- where I was terrorized lol.
It's kind of like having real human interaction!!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/20/2015 10:21:35 AM
petula1908
I agree monitoring and banning on an adult forum is counter to the notion of free speech that a forum provides.

We have the choice to ignore or respond to any of the postings after all. As for deleting the "****" word or "***hole" , too silly. See what I mean lol!!

There has never been any concept in law as "free speech", there are ALWAYS limits on free speech.

The forum does need some level of moderating, it's how it's done and what level of moderating athat's really at dabate. Right now IMO we have MOD light.

I don't know of any totally free forum, and my guess is they wouldn't last long. Legally there are things you can't post no matter what the forum rules are.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/20/2015 10:55:04 AM
^^^This is an excerpt from POF Terms of Service FAQ on Freedom of Speech on POF.

I read this a couple years back and finally "got it" as far as the dating side of the site goes (I was a bit ... disgruntled with a troublesome man I'd met here and had taken to firing off one-liners at men who sent messages I found rude/insulting in my inbox). I really didn't know what was going on. I realize now that my profile was deleted a few times (before I learned to copy/paste it was a pita) because these guys reported me for telling them off. Sure was satisfying telling them off for a while there though:

Freedom of Speech On This Site

In the same manner in which you have rules for your home when you are entertaining guests, the same applies here, one either abides by them or you ask them to leave - it is no different here.

And there you go.

It all comes down to POF will do what it wants/when it wants/with no notice if it wants. So, it's just like the "creator" some folks believe in. No one knows exactly what to do or not do to be where they want to be.

That kinda makes me laugh.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/20/2015 11:26:25 AM
I am here for forums.

I have a pic of BOTH of us (myself & my man) posted & he trusts me too.

I'm too old for tomfoolery!
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/20/2015 11:59:22 AM
^^ I most agree. I'm getting really tired of subscribers telling me to get off the site or badgering me with questions as to whyI'm still here. I made it quite clear, on my profile -- and I'm being more than chartitable with my explanations, not that I need to be or even offer them, in the first place. I've no interest in anybody else.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/20/2015 12:10:26 PM
BA:
Perfect new pic for today. Perfect.

Eternity:
I deal with this almost every day.

Two days ago I had a user hammering me with messages, question after question, about why I'm here. I answered a few and then told him it is all in my profile (and it is). When he wrote again asking if "one man isn't enough" and "you're rude for not answering", I blocked him.

It felt good. I don't block many people.

Rock on, Blonde.
 Gazzer92
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2015 12:40:26 PM

It is not a matter of men disliking women , it is more a matter of men disliking how women are acting these days . Seems to me more and more women are attempting to act like men and I really hate to say this but , men are not normally attracted to women exhibiting masculine behavior . That is one of the reasons my desire to find some one for a ltr is fading , I would like to find a woman who actually acts in the manner of a lady (go look the definition up) .Being strictly a one woman man if is difficult for one such as myself to be involved in a dating system where it is date as fast and as many as you can . I can not behave in such a manner because I wasn't raised that way . My parents raised me the way parents are supposed to , they led by example , not with day care and nannies . But then we had something to play with back then , it was called outside

I'm only 22 myself but I totally agree with this. I was raised the same and my parents raised me the right way. Women are trying to act like me, feminism is rife and women have no respect for themselves anymore. They would rather go "whore it up" all in the name of equality. It really is a shame because faithful women who act like women are very few and far between these days, especially in my age bracket which makes it even more difficult for me.
 Gazzer92
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2015 12:42:21 PM
My post was meant to say women are trying to act like men not me, I tried to edit my post but I can't. :D
 Gazzer92
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2015 12:49:28 PM

Two days ago I had a user hammering me with messages, question after question, about why I'm here. I answered a few and then told him it is all in my profile (and it is). When he wrote again asking if "one man isn't enough" and "you're rude for not answering", I blocked him.

It felt good. I don't block many people.

Why are you here then if one's enough? For most women today it seems to be 4 or 5 is enough not 1.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/20/2015 12:53:10 PM
^^^Brace yourself for the POF AAV (attitude adjustment vaccination) that is sure to arrive here shortly.

I'd just like to say if "whoring it up" and "being unfaithful" equates with "acting like men", perhaps the men need to take a look at their behavior, also.

Get ready 'cause here it comes ...

Cue "Get Ready", Temptations ...

EDIT: Did you just ask me why I'm here while I was posting?

Aaarrrggghhh ...

Lol.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/20/2015 1:09:20 PM
I left out I had one man badgering w/ emails & finally he offered himself as a M in a MFM arrangement. I said no this is not that type of site, I'm not into it. So then he asked what site offers that--like I am the traffic director for pervs (no disrespect to my more adventurous fellow forumites)

PERV:
Hello,
I have looked and read your profile.
You are a very pretty lady is that your boyfriend or husband in the picture with you?
I am on vacation now seeing what it would be like to be retired..
I could really get used to this.
Are you getting much snow?
My name is Mike...... ;~)
I see on your profile you've got to send a book to read in order to get a message through..
Why is that I am new at this?

me:
TY, I say in my profile I have a man & yes there he is. I am in the POF forums, u need an ad to participate. Been in forums for 10 yrs

PERV:
I'm not very good at this texting and Internet dating..
You sound interesting..

am guessing maybe you are looking for a threesome. Or just spice up your life

me:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PERV:
No...?
If it would be easier for you to explain yourself I would be glad to give you my phone number..it really would be nice to talk to you.
I can explain a lot more about myself on the telephone and texting and texting.and I'm sure you could too. ;~)

me:
I am in the POF forums, u need an ad to participate. Been in forums for 10 yrs &
THAT IS ALL
IF U R LOOKING FOR SOME KINK JOIN ADULT FRIEND FINDER

PERV:
I'm not looking for kink.
And how do I get an ad to participate?
I am lost....

at this point I ignored & I suspect he is still searching....for his wee knee LMAO!
 Gazzer92
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2015 1:20:36 PM
That is very amusing seeing I have been divorced almost 22 years and have stood on my own two feet , being a single parent to boot . I hadn't realized being a "lady " meant also being a weak woman as you describe . But then I forget women are the new men , or at least they would have us think so .

Well said sir, just reading your posts on here I respect you a lot and you seem to have good experience with women. I'm starting to learn a lot about women myself the more I post on these types of forums and other sites and it's giving me a much clearer view then the misguided assumptions I previously had.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Curious: Why are you still here if you have a relationship