Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > This site... Pfft      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 26
This site... Pfft Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
For the record...

Your face MUST be clearly visible in your MAIN IMAGE. All images MUST contain you. Images of cartoons, celebrities, bare torsos and joke pictures will be deleted. Improve the images on your profile to get the most responses!

http://www.pof.com/userimages.aspx

Please drink responsibly. Don't drink and drive, or drink and post in the forums if you get mean while inebriated.

Peace.
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 27
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/8/2015 12:05:16 AM
Ok that is enough. For all Forumites that wish to be helpers now, please log in to POF main site, then go to the profile of post #25 on this thread, go to the bottom of that abusive users profile, click the Report User button. Check the box for "Forum Abuse", and from the drop-down menu check "Delete profile".

Copy and paste his post #25 into the blank space, as follows:

groveman2015
Msg: 25
view profile
History

Posted: 2/7/2015 7:34 PM

This site... Pfft

Why don't you shut up. How dare you criticize my profile, what the **** do you know about good profiles?

And for the record, stupid ugly cow, it's your main picture has to show your face... NOT all pictures muse have a user in the pic.

So go **** yourself

Then click the "Submit" button when all done.

You may also send an email to CSR@POF.com with that evidence of abuse copied and pasted in.

If enough of you do this, his profile should be gone by tomorrow morning. Thank you all.

S
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 28
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/8/2015 2:05:51 AM
Good idea, Tall.

OP, I'm not a cow; I'm a hag. Ask anyone.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 29
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/8/2015 2:20:10 AM
For anyone who wants to file a report, be sure to include the following URL.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16342462.aspx#16347134

That will link directly to Msg: 25 and this thread.

Also, Report User is a link, not a button, and is only available when viewing a profile while logged into pof.com. It's located near the bottom right on a profile page.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 30
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/8/2015 2:30:22 AM
Forgot the link, Otto, thanks.

I'll just go ahead and report him again. I don't report people anymore but Tall is right, I guess. Some folks might get their feelings hurt if he tosses insults like that around.

You're the man, Otto. :))
 bobby_z_man
Msg: 31
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/8/2015 9:26:51 AM

If enough of you do this, his profile should be gone by tomorrow morning. Thank you all.

Tall, think about it… it will be a lot later than “tomorrow morning” when reporting any time after Friday office hours Vancouver time. That is unless the Report User bots auto deletes profiles without human/admin intervention. So, don’t look for deletion until sometime Monday long after the office opens. Again, put some thought into it Tall… Between the time they close the office Friday (or Saturday if Markus pays overtime) and open Monday, they will have thousands to tens of thousands of emails and reports from around the world to go thru when they come to work Monday. Remember, there are reportedly about 60 employees total in the office. Again, this is if they actually review reports before profiles are deleted and don’t auto delete via the bots without review.

Reporting a violation more than one time doesn’t do any more good that reporting them the first time, especially when reporting for the same violation. Multiple reports form one user count as only one unique report. Otherwise one user could report another user repeatedly until the person they are attacking has reached the delete threshold.

OK, the above being staid, I’m not sure if reporting someone via the report user link for different violations options count as just one unique report or as a unique report for each violation you are reporting someone for. In other words, I don’t know it there will there be one report counted for reporting some for six separate reasons (one counted for reporting indecent images, then one counted if you report them for forum abuse, then one counted for under age, etc). Or if you report the person for six separate reasons it counts as six unique reports.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 32
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/8/2015 10:59:24 AM

Tall, think about it… it will be a lot later than “tomorrow morning” when reporting any time after Friday office hours Vancouver time.

Again, Tall? I thought so. What's going on? I don't get it.

Again, put some thought into it Tall

And again, I don't get it, Tall. Why do you continue to post misinformation? I mean, if I know some of these things ... I'm confused. I'm new. WTH is going on?

Multiple reports from one user count as only one unique report. Otherwise one user could report another user repeatedly until the person they are attacking has reached the delete threshold.

Even I knew this, Tall, and I don't know much around here. I'm a newbie. I sent two "reports" on groveman, but the second was only to send the link.

I'm curious, Tall. What gives?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 33
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/8/2015 11:16:03 AM
groveman2015 - You are an Adult and as such owe Curious an apology. If all you can do is be a DB then yes pls go away.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 34
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/8/2015 11:16:29 AM

Reporting a violation more than one time doesn’t do any more good that reporting them the first time, especially when reporting for the same violation...

It can also result in your own account getting deleted.
 bobby_z_man
Msg: 35
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/8/2015 2:05:00 PM
groveman, quotes from some typical posts by you...

how shoddy is this website? mistakes and problems all the time.

I guess customer service isn't your biggest concern hey? the all might dollar is.

I agree with you, this site has too many problems yet people are suckers and will come to eat it all up.
professionalism is lacking in numerous areas.

This site is one ridiculous mess.
Errors often, problems that nobody here ever seems interested in fixing.
I guess you get what you pay for...

that rule should be removed, it's the dumbest thing this site ever came up with.

I wouldn't give this joke of a site one penny, even if a gun was pointed at my head.

At to this post after you were called out,
I do t know you, don't talk to me
I will tell you what I have told others who say people don't have a right to post replies in a public forum. Send your requests and suggestions to CSR@pof.com and the site owner's profiles BigFish and Markus and you will get what you are looking for, no reply.

And finally:
Why don't you shut up. How dare you criticize my profile, what the **** do you know about good profiles?
And for the record, stupid ugly cow, it's your main picture has to show your face... NOT all pictures muse have a user in the pic.
So go **** yourself

Why don't you do as you preach and lead the way as you suggested the first thread you started your wining in...
nothing will ever change unless more people begin the mass exodus out of here.

But rest assured, the forum Troll-Patrol has surly taken note of your postings and their actions will be apparent soon............................
 groveman2015
Msg: 36
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/8/2015 5:11:14 PM
I know how to come back, even if they delete me.
 tgif111
Msg: 37
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/8/2015 6:37:50 PM
my own personal opinion is that these forums should be open and uncensored.

if you don't like what someone is saying just ignore them.

but mine is not to reason why, mine is but to DO and DIE!
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 38
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/9/2015 3:39:30 AM
I'm sure further abuses will get nuked, too. Enjoy the burn.
 bobby_z_man
Msg: 39
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/9/2015 3:53:37 AM

I know how to come back, even if they delete me.

That is no great accomplishment. I have been deleted more than one time sometimes for cause and sometimes without obvious reason and I have come back. One time five minutes later as the same user name.

The bigger question is WHY? You constantly post how terrible this site is. You're an advocate for the mass exodus of users and yet you stay. Why in the world would you want to stay here let alone come back? Hmm...... unless...... you just want to be a jerk in the forums. Yep, that would be the only reason.

My opinion here, but I think you need returned for regrooving.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tgif111
Seriously? Or are you just being sarcastic? It can be hard to tell since I have not read more than just a few of your posts.

If the statement is sarcasm directed at groveless, good one. If you are serious do not get upset with the backlash of rude and ignorant returns you have opened yourself up to with such a broad statement. If you do not like what they say, just be sure to ignore them by not replying as you state.
 bobby_z_man
Msg: 40
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/9/2015 4:34:41 AM
Edit to above post timed out...

Just looked at your profile tgif. Forgive me for not recognizing you right away. You are that Mahoning Valley troll. You have been banned, deleted, and excommunicated from this site more times than I can remember. So your post IS just to stir controversy. My apologies for thinking you could have been someone better.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 41
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/9/2015 6:02:01 AM

Just looked at your profile tgif. Forgive me for not recognizing you right away. You are that Mahoning Valley troll. You have been banned, deleted, and excommunicated from this site more times than I can remember. So your post IS just to stir controversy. My apologies for thinking you could have been someone better.

And bobby, you are the other man, from what I can make of the matrix so far. You and Otto.

tgif, not sure I want you in my inbox any longer. Anyone who knows about tgif's role the matrix, feel free to msg me.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 42
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/9/2015 6:19:35 AM

tgif, not sure I want you in my inbox any longer. Anyone who knows about tgif's role the matrix, feel free to msg me.

If you can not figure out that he is a total loon by now, it is probably too late.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 43
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/9/2015 6:22:22 AM
^^^Oh, I knew he was a total loon. No doubt about that. Didn't know he had been banned and had a longer history here than I was aware of. It's not too late for anything for me. I don't give out private info to obvious loons anywhere. I'm only interested in whether or not he should be here on POF. I have a lot of loons in my inbox every day. I don't exclude loons.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 44
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/9/2015 6:41:52 AM

Didn't know he had been banned and had a longer history here than I was aware of.

He has been permanently banned from POF more times than anyone I have know of.

Mostly due to the fact that he spews racist and misogynistic statements.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 45
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/9/2015 7:38:49 AM

He has been permanently banned from POF more times than anyone I have know of.

Mostly due to the fact that he spews racist and misogynistic statements.

Those are great reasons for banning people.

tgif, I've just blocked you.

I've kept a track of what I've read of your posts and in particular, what people who have been here in forums a long time have shared with me about you. I've heard the racism now from 6 different sources, 5 of them ... trusted. Less mention of the misogyny, but usually folks highlight the racism there (they always travel together, don't they)? I guess you'll disappear sometime today.

Thanks, HFX. Wouldn't it be great if somehow we could just all, everyone who posts here, ignore his posts as if he weren't here until he's not here?
 ApriLikesWhiteRosesOnly
Msg: 46
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/9/2015 8:38:53 AM

Just an observation:

tgif, I've just blocked you.

I think you are overreacting lady.!
he said it was his personal opinion,...And we all are free to do so..Plus it wasn't against you.

I agree.!
We are not kids,we should know how to deal with those UNKIND words,that strangers say to us sometimes.!
In these public forums there will always be a stranger who will say to us something that we will not like.

This is a public forum, you should not feel hurt by words of strangers.

Smile it IS a good day.!

P.S
Groveman,you should say sorry to this lady for those ugly words towards her,you ALSO should learn to ignore the comments you do not like.!

CuriousInDB
Msg: 47
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/9/2015 8:51:55 AM

I think you are overreacting lady.!

Had to be Florida. So refined. Let's try to do the Sunshine State proud, shall we? I mean, we're going to have "Tom"/tgif to deal with here soon. He did mention he'd be staying with a lady friend here.

he said it was his personal opinion,...And we all are free to do so..Plus it wasn't against you.

Exactly, and I just gave mine and took action appropriate to my principles and value system. Would you explain where you have a problem with that?

I agree.!
We are not kids,we should know how to deal with those UNKIND words,that strangers say to us sometimes.!
In these public forums there will always be a stranger who will say to us something that we will not like.

I agree and if you'd bothered to search my posting history, you'd have found those posts.

This is a public forum, you should not feel hurt by unkind words of strangers.

Who's getting hurt other than groveman, who's always butt-hurt? (Just trying to stay on thread.)

I see in your profile you're a "snake milker". That must be an interesting line of work.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 48
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/9/2015 9:05:15 AM
Your About Me is posted all over the internet on various religious and truth or BS sites. They say BS, April. No mention of you as the author.

Who wrote that? Should credit your authors, April, particularly if you're presenting the intellectual (okay, I use the term loosely) property of someone else as your own.
 ApriLikesWhiteRosesOnly
Msg: 49
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/9/2015 9:12:47 AM
^^^^^

Your About Me is posted all over the internet on various religious and truth or BS sites. They say BS, April. No mention of you as the author.

???
I do not know what you are talking about. Where or when did I say I was the author of something?

May I have the links of those sites? would be interesting to read them...lol
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 50
This site... Pfft
Posted: 2/9/2015 9:21:13 AM

I do not know what you are talking about. Where or when did I say I was the author of something?

Step 1: Claim Ignorance.

May I have the links of those sites? would be interesting to read them...lol

Step 2: Prove yourself to be a liar.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > This site... Pfft