Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GardenGal2008
Msg: 69
Too Tall?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Gee I can not find a tall guy ............I would love too find a tall man! I do think women like men taller then them.
 natgoat227
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Too Tall?
Posted: 12/11/2012 10:53:53 AM
_TOO_ Tall...?? No such thing!!
I'd like to find a Volleyball player!!
6' 6"+...
Seven feet...?? . . . Hell Yeah!!
 Jamesin2013
Msg: 71
Too Tall?
Posted: 12/11/2012 1:42:39 PM
fine,,,i think we have established how it makes you feel,,,,,,enough women have mentioned how being with a tall guy makes them "feel" which is of course odd enough

a person's height never made me feel anything but shorter or taller then them,,this must be some woman thing i am not privy to.....but what i do know

it is just that a really tall guy,,,with a much shorter woman,,,,,,,just looks really comical,,,sorry,,it does though,,it's like the stilt guy from the circus is dating the midget that jumps out of the clown car,,,it's a really funny dynamic watching them,,like one would at a sideshow

you watch them dance and it reminds you of a father dancing with his 5 year old,,,,,it does not invoke the same "feeling" that apparently the woman gets when this sideshow is going on,,,sure,,you feel protected ,,but you look like your wrestling a giraffe.....

obviously i am talking about a difference of at least a foot,,,when you have to crane your neck or give yourself curvature of the spine just to get a normal kiss people of the same height enjoy regularly....there is a certain intimacy you get when you can dance with your mate and look her in the eye and not the top of her head.....i suppose this is why it is such a superficial thing really,,it is all about the feeling a tall person gives YOU,,,,,,,not the fact that you are actually compatible in a practical sense,,,,,,but

listen,,we all do what we want and looking like a couple of circus performers out on a date is your prerogative.....just know that we are all looking at you as if you are some weird couple ,,

"maybe that's his daughter? she's so much shorter? how do they even have sex?"
"is the circus in town,,look it's the midget and the stilt guy! that is funny! omg! they are such a mismatch!"

allegedly

or! you know what! maybe that's really the key to the "feeling" it's,,,,,,,,,,,,,attention! people have to and do pay attention to you when you are such a huge mismatch! of course! the never ending female need for attention,,,,and you can't get that with a guy the same height,,who cares! but when you walk in with Lurch! omg,,people stare! they give you that attention you guys (superficial types) crave like heroin!

now i get it! of course!

epiphany had,,,,moment over ,,,carry on
 GarnerGirl71
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Too Tall?
Posted: 12/11/2012 3:02:07 PM
^^^ Rantings of a short man? People like what they like. I for one have NO desire to be eye to eye with my guy. Last guy was 6'3 and everything fit fine. Current guy is 5'9 and everything still fits just fine.
 55.living
Msg: 73
Too Tall?
Posted: 12/11/2012 4:04:50 PM
nothing wrong with 6.6 im 5.3 i would go out with u
 Elle_777
Msg: 74
Too Tall?
Posted: 12/12/2012 10:55:35 PM
Being a tall woman, there's no such things as a man who is "too tall". I'm not into guys who are shorter than me, but the majority of guys tend to be. Or they lie about their height which quickly becomes apparent at first meeting. There are a lot of tall women out there...just gotta find u one. ;)
 GoodVibes46
Msg: 75
Too Tall?
Posted: 12/13/2012 7:20:20 AM
Too Tall...try being 5"6...
 blondie43026
Msg: 76
Too Tall?
Posted: 12/13/2012 7:30:50 AM
Not at all. I prefer tall though I am short (5'3"). Many women like tall men and it gives us the opportunity to wear high heels and not be eye to eye or taller than a date. One of the men I dated was 6'8", people looked at us funny when out but I loved the sense of feeling petite and protected. For some of us your height is an advantage:)
 natgoat227
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Too Tall?
Posted: 12/13/2012 9:50:05 AM
*.....searching for the box that contains my '70's Platforms!!!.....
I found the Bell-bottoms , the beads , the Paisley shirts and several Bee Gees LP's....
....No Plats , yet....
 dlander
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Too Tall?
Posted: 12/13/2012 4:03:04 PM
I'm 6'6" and I think that being different is always going to be harder no matter how you are different. If you don't look like other people then people tend to shy away from you. Men and women just tend to choose the path of least resistance which is usually going to be with somebody average.
 sigungq
Msg: 79
Too Tall?
Posted: 12/13/2012 4:03:25 PM
sexy-and-single(d591685) wrote: Being a tall guy, is alot easier than being a tall girl !!

Guys shorter than me are never interested because they don't want to be shorter than their girlfriend, and lets face it, there are more people under 5'10" than over it !!

Being tall limits the possibilities for women ..... For men i don't see it being a problem because girls ( well most of us ) want a man that is taller , bigger, stronger !!

I can't speak for all guys here, but I'm 5'9". I have yet to date an American woman. But I have dated a few overseas. The shortest woman I ever dated was 4'10", and the tallest woman I ever dated was 6'4" (both in bare feet). So you are downright shrimpy compared to that Dutch woman. So there are guys out there that are secure enough in ourselves, and possess enough self-confidence, that we can easily date a girl taller than ourselves. And after all, when a man is secure and self-confident, isn't that a turn on for most women?

To me, any man or woman who assigns so much importance to a simple number on a yardstick is insecure, and has their priorities screwed up. They've been programmed by the media's prejudice against short people and mentally march in lock step with that programming. After all, a tall ogre is more desirable than a short prince (see Shrek). One wonders what the reaction to that movie would have been had the prince been black of color as opposed to short of stature.

Anywho, there are women out there who are self-confident and secure enough to date men based on their character, intelligence, and personality as opposed to their race or height. To those women I say - go girls!!
 Saruman256
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Too Tall?
Posted: 12/15/2012 7:30:34 AM
Height is irrelevant.
I have loved women of different heights over the years (not too many) and I can tell you that if the chemistry is there, it doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks.
I'm only 5'6", and I can tell you that when I was with a 6 foot tall beautiful blond lady there were a lot of jealous men out there.
The connection is what matters.
Chemistry, Passion, attraction matters.
Life is too short to drink bad wine.
 T.o.n.y.a
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Too Tall?
Posted: 12/15/2012 1:13:21 PM
Hey, I am 5'4 and personally really enjoy guys who are much taller than I am. I mean yes you have to stand on tip toes or have the guy bend down to kiss and things but for me I dont find it awkward. Don't be so down on yourself. I'm sure it's no more awkward than it is for you to have to bend down or crouch to do the same things.
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 82
Too Tall?
Posted: 1/21/2013 4:54:09 PM
Love tall, and I am only 5'3. I have however been out with all different heights...but most of my relationships have ended up with men 6-6'5. Don't worry the smaller petite women are easier to maneuvr in the bedroom...just what I hear
 tallshyman
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Too Tall?
Posted: 2/2/2013 10:27:11 PM
should a man stand tall with his chest out?
 kevin157
Msg: 84
Too Tall?
Posted: 2/2/2013 11:45:19 PM
Try being a short guy.
 whosthatgirl77
Msg: 85
Too Tall?
Posted: 2/3/2013 3:31:39 PM
I am a 5'10 ish woman...and there is no such thing as a too tall man...I get irked when i see a tall man with a girl that is like 5'2...feel like saying come on leave them for us...lol...maybe someday ill find the right tall guy...some of you on here are saying you are 6'7 etc...I have only met a few men that tall in my life! 6'4 perfect! taller? perfect too! Being a tall woman has many perks...but a few disadvantages too...
 venusenvy777
Msg: 86
Too Tall?
Posted: 2/3/2013 3:40:51 PM
Well, Im 5'11 so there is no such thing as "too tall" to me
 demux21
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Too Tall?
Posted: 2/3/2013 4:04:56 PM
No such thing. Let her get to know you and find out your a great guy. If your not se will tell you its your height.
 kathRN77
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Too Tall?
Posted: 2/3/2013 4:55:40 PM
Hey I would love to find a tall guy - I'm 5'10 - and most avg men are around my height, or 5'9...i find it hard to find tall guys. I would love to be able to wear heels (not that I am good at walking in them lol) and not be taller than my date...would love to be able to look up into his eyes...I seem to notice that tall men seem to end up with short women - i guess most women are on avg around 5'4 or so - i just wish they would leave the tall men for us tall girls ...oh well!
 bogan58
Msg: 89
Too Tall?
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:29:32 PM
taller does not mean bigger or stronger
 bogan58
Msg: 90
Too Tall?
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:30:52 PM
im 5ft6 and was dating a lady who was 5ft10
 darkhairedgirl81
Msg: 91
Too Tall?
Posted: 2/13/2013 4:38:29 PM
I'm really tall and I love heels I'm usually about 6'2 when I wear them. I like to stand next to extremely tall men because I feel normal sized, but the men that I've had long term relationships with (like my ten year prison sentence with my ex husband) have been within an inch or two of my height either taller or shorter. Tall skinny white boys are my favorite. Height is a turn on for me, but it's not a deal breaker.
 kjay41
Msg: 92
Too Tall?
Posted: 2/13/2013 5:00:33 PM
I am 5'8 and would not have it any other way.....I dated a short guy once, I don't like it! I like tall guys over 6'. It's everyone's preference.
 6foot7inches
Msg: 93
Too Tall?
Posted: 2/16/2013 3:25:59 PM
I'm 6'7" and even though I prefer tall women, short women are more available. Tall women like tall men, because when they wear heels they don't have to look down on a tall guy.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >