Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "The Clooney Study" coming up right now on CBS. Let's see what they      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 20
The Clooney Study coming up right now on CBS. Let's see what they say about us singles...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Men are more romantic than women. How do they measure how “romantic” someone is?

To "The Walking Wanting Head", the quicker she can unzip his fly, the more "romantic" he feels! ;0P
 calguy14
Msg: 21
The Clooney Study coming up right now on CBS. Let's see what they say about us singles...
Posted: 2/5/2015 5:07:59 AM

It’s a poll from Match.com. So whatever men responded to this on Match decided they want women who aren’t financially dependent on them. Hm. I don’t suppose it has anything to do with them wanting to be financially dependent on a woman.

The men were hoping that the lady would see him for his looks and personality,not his assets.There may be some women(or men) like that,but I believe women evaluate based on looks,personality,fitness,package....and assets.

In no particular order....

No matter what I hear from them they probe for assets here and there,maybe in the first two minutes.

If they see a comfy ride they will tag along.I would assume the percentage of men that would consider this rises dramatically past 50.
 mike11091
Msg: 22
The Clooney Study coming up right now on CBS. Let's see what they say about us singles...
Posted: 2/5/2015 7:04:19 AM

So whatever men responded to this on Match decided they want women who aren’t financially dependent on them. Hm. I don’t suppose it has anything to do with them wanting to be financially dependent on a woman.

I think it's funny that their poll managed to produce one of the most fundamentally cliche statements in romance to-date.

OF COURSE men are going to say that. There are men who will say it because they actually believe/want that. There are men that would say it to appease the feminists (appear non-misogynistic) and there are men that will say that to get laid.

That's like saying, "Recent study shows that men don't think your ass looks fat in those jeans."

Or, "Surveys say most men LOVE your new haircut".

Garbage.

Also, in what way do people quantify romance? Is it measured by who says "I love you" more often?

I might actually pay attention to a survey that establishes the truth behind some gender biases over this one. IE: New survey says 86% of men just want sex. Or, Studies show 78% of women prefer shoes over men. <----Those studies I might actually pay attention to.
 Demidar
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/5/2015 7:12:58 AM
Surprised so many still believe what corporate media spoon feeds them on a daily basis . Want to know how relationships are doing in this modern time . Divorce rates are through the roof and the marriage rate in the U.S is at the lowest % since they started recording it . Pretty much shows the state of relationships , at least in the U.S. I like the reviews about this site over on the body building site , they are spot on .
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/5/2015 7:18:27 AM

Surprised so many still believe what corporate media spoon feeds them on a daily basis.

I'll become a liberal when the spoon stops feeding me these pesky paid vacations and stock options.

Sippin' the corporate kool aid while it lasts:)
 Demidar
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/5/2015 7:25:01 AM
What is being a liberal have to do with my statement ? Once the corporate kool aid as you put it runs out , you won't have any skill sets for survival . Pretend fiat currency will no longer be of any use
Sorry MR Clooney . I am using the retirement money up now :(
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/5/2015 7:34:46 AM
^^^
What do you mean? I'll have social security and medicare!
 petula1908
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/5/2015 3:08:05 PM
Agree with Fire and Ice4

Purple, you are coming across as bitter and cynical. I think most women know that sitting in a bar is not the place to find the wealthier male, if that is what she is after and no, women with their own finances are not looking for a guy that makes more, necessarily. With being kept or bought, comes control and manipulation and most independent women do not need or want that.
 gtomustang
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/5/2015 5:35:26 PM
I think most women sitting in a bar know that in order to get that wealthier male....they better offer to him something more than a bimbo on a bar stool. sometimes, some men and some women choose a partner who accepts them for who they are...b/c its a lot of work to be the person someone better will want. We aren't always looking for a marriage partner, sometimes we just wanna have fun with someone.

a person who is independant, wants to be independant. they may not be wealthy, but they are independant enough. someone might become wealthy just to show off,and may choose their partner out of that insecurity.

as for the low marriage rate, apparently "co-parenting" really is becoming a nationwide trend. in other words, lack of marriage may not mean lack of parent.

if "romantic" translates to, "man takes care of woman", then I guess men trying to do things "the old way" while the modern woman is busy living her life, may result in the notion that men follow the old romantic ways more than women follow those old ways.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/5/2015 6:30:39 PM

The result given was the men that had the most concerns were the ones who had wives working either full time or part time so had more income
Yet the ones that had no complaints about money were the ones who had stay at home partners??
Now this survey says 87 per cent of men want financially independent women
So how can anything be believed when it depends on who asks who and what results you get depending on what you read they probably make it up

Then its not about finances, its about paranoia of cheating. And what's why statistics based on peoples opinions aren't right. Because the people surveyed don't even know what the hell they're worried about. So they just mark whatever they can say, probably worried about the financial cost of divorce.

The question is if the survey asks the right questions to the right people - if you have an idiot making a survey or a bunch of people who are ignorant of themselves taking it - the result is a pile of shit.

So you take the cross section of society that uses online dating and ask them a bunch of questions, what you end up with is a confused pile of shit. The worst part is - now there is "anecdotal evidence" which doesn't mean much. But its worse than no evidence.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/6/2015 1:15:10 PM
I thought it was called the Clooney study due to the fact he finally buckled in for a well educated, professional woman as his choice for a wife- Amal.

"better offer to him something more than a bimbo on a bar stool"
Just cuz a man meets a woman at a bar, doesn't make her a Bimbo, anymore than if they met at Harvard or Yale.
 gtomustang
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/6/2015 1:29:41 PM
Ok, so I shouldn't have said, "most female bar patrons", I should have said, "some" or "many". Not every woman in a bar is a bimbo, just like not every woman ignores looks for personality :)

"The result given was the men (who) had the most concerns were the ones who had wives working either full time or part time so had more income. Yet the ones (who) had no complaints about money were the ones who had stay at home partners??"

>>>it may just be, the more money one gets, the more one spends. I used to have a wealthy coworker who would complain about how much their lifestyle costs, and I'd always tease 'em, "why not ditch the BS and live simply? Then you don't have to figure out how to pay for all the BS."
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/6/2015 1:49:14 PM

Ok, so I shouldn't have said, "most female bar patrons", I should have said, "some" or "many". Not every woman in a bar is a bimbo, just like not every woman ignores looks for personality :)

TY, I appreciate that & I KNOW YOU DID NOT mean it the way it read.

However, I was trying to make a point, as some other "chix" may be less understanding ;0D
 CTRLvector
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/6/2015 2:33:34 PM

a well educated, professional woman as his choice for a wife- Amal.

I keep reading that wrong, and I don't know why. hmmmmm.... maybe my dyslexia is back.
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/12/2015 7:47:37 PM
PBS Newshour JUST had an interesting story on the "economics" of OLD ! An economics prof wrote a book about it.

They briefly showed many of the OLD sites, especially Match, OKC, and Tinder, all owned by the same company now. No mention of POF that I saw! ( maybe cause it's Canadian) Was an interesting report. See the whole thing on PBS dot com.

We are "differentiated" goods. Too much individual variety to precisely compare.

The economics prof said for economic theory, eventually everyone ought to "settle" with some success instead of always keep on shopping...

S
 CTRLvector
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/12/2015 8:01:03 PM
Why should everyone settle with some success? That won't dictate quality of life for everyone or anyone - the concept of settling - is an opinion and nothing more. Having a degree in economics doesn't make them subject matter expert of what people ought to do. Just the fact that they are attempting to dignify that statement with slang signifies a complete disregard for at least qualifying themselves by writing intelligently.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "The Clooney Study" coming up right now on CBS. Let's see what they say about us singles...