Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 45
Profile ReviewPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
From the other thread you made that I posted in, I surmised you had deeper insecurity/self-esteem issues but you're presenting these insignificant body issues as a smokescreen to avoid facing them. This also tallies with all of the unusual things you said that others referred to. Setting yourself up for failure and looking to the forumites to pull you up and make you feel better? That despite it all, we still love you sorta thing. Idk, I'm no psychologist.
Though, I also had look at Body Dysmorphic Disorder.....

Body dysmorphic disorder (also known as BDD, body dysmorphia, dysmorphic syndrome, or dysmorphophobia), is a disorder that involves belief that one's own appearance is unusually defective and is worthy of being hidden or fixed.[1] This belief manifests in thoughts that many times are pervasive and intrusive.

I noticed in your posting history a post that might indicate you have an anxiety disorder..probably advisable for you to deactivate your account and get whatever issues you have sorted out before venturing out again.
Has this really been about you seeking validation in the forums all along? At least be honest with yourself, if not with us.
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 46
Profile Review
Posted: 2/9/2015 5:05:47 AM
.....And validation from men since you're using the dating side of the site.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 47
Profile Review
Posted: 2/9/2015 11:57:35 AM
"Write about yourself honestly and positively.
Don't say things to drive the men away in order to insulate yourself."
Exactly.
Should I put on my profile that I fart a lot when I eat Brussels sprouts? Or that I snore? Is that being deceitful? Of course not.
When you meet someone you start off at the base level, then you move up to security clearance "A". then when you feel comfortable, move then up to "level B" , and so on, until they know every single thing you want them to know. BUT, this needs to be off your profile, which is written for general consumption.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 48
Profile Review
Posted: 2/9/2015 12:03:03 PM
earwigs, much as I love rats, I've changed my mind about your rat pic after discussion with a few folks here. They're right; I've been wrong. It detracts from your credibility and the credibility of the website. If you won't dump it for you, dump it for the good of POF society. How's that?

Fine to mention rats in your profile and please let everyone you date know you kiss rats before they find you kissing one (especially before dinner; some folks are so ... squeamish and phobic). To me it's no big deal; I kissed my rat. :))

There goes my credibility.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 49
Profile Review
Posted: 2/9/2015 4:49:17 PM

Should I put on my profile that I fart a lot when I eat Brussels sprouts?

haha

Makeup is not me. I am looking to attract someone who isn't going to try to change my appearance as I am comfortable in my own skin and do take care of myself. But I do get your point.

I've been told that too, not just by a couple people on here, but by my own dear family (perfectly happy we live in different cities). I'm the same as you, just never grew up with it feel so awkward and uncomfortable in it. And I agree with you...you should stick to who you are.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 50
Profile Review
Posted: 2/9/2015 6:27:48 PM
^^^
I've been told that too, not just by a couple people on here, but by my own dear family (perfectly happy we live in different cities)

Right. That ^^^. lol

Where have you been? Haven't seen you lately.
 jukebox_cowboy
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Profile Review
Posted: 2/9/2015 8:21:09 PM
Screen name is bad.

Change intent to dating.

With the rat pic, the rat looks more like a hamster than a rat.
 earwigs_have_wings
Msg: 52
Profile Review
Posted: 2/10/2015 8:08:39 AM

I've been told that too, not just by a couple people on here, but by my own dear family (perfectly happy we live in different cities). I'm the same as you, just never grew up with it feel so awkward and uncomfortable in it. And I agree with you...you should stick to who you are.[/quote[
I am a pale so maybe this is why folks recommend this, but you on the other hand have delicate features and makeup would overwhelm them. Thank goodness you don't wear makeup - you don't need it.

Well, my profile for some reason is working better than before with it's lack of interest. This week I met a man (although not local) who is tall (I didn't ask for that now...!), muscular in a good way, soft spoken, not conceited (although could be), thoughtful, and has similarities to me. We both own rodents and picked the same places to go to spend time (where does that come from?).

He is into my 'natural' look and says I remind him of a flower child but did say not everyone is going to like my look but he has always been attracted to my type. He prefers soft women rather than toned which remind him of himself. Things are going well. We saw a movie last night and were both laughing when the bad guys got killed. It was like victory. We have quite a few things in common with the exception that I am cheap and he is not.

Since things are going well I am hesitant to meet anyone else. It would break the momentum I am having with the man above.

I think my username expresses my interest in living things and my appreciation for them. My rat photo shows men what to expect because rats are a huge part of my life and always will be. We can't please everyone and shouldn't try to.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 53
Profile Review
Posted: 2/10/2015 10:14:39 AM
earwigs:

Well, my profile for some reason is working better than before with it's lack of interest. This week I met a man (although not local) who is tall (I didn't ask for that now...!), muscular in a good way, soft spoken, not conceited (although could be), thoughtful, and has similarities to me. We both own rodents and picked the same places to go to spend time (where does that come from?).

He is into my 'natural' look and says I remind him of a flower child but did say not everyone is going to like my look but he has always been attracted to my type. He prefers soft women rather than toned which remind him of himself. Things are going well. We saw a movie last night and were both laughing when the bad guys got killed. It was like victory. We have quite a few things in common with the exception that I am cheap and he is not.

Since things are going well I am hesitant to meet anyone else. It would break the momentum I am having with the man above.

I think my username expresses my interest in living things and my appreciation for them. My rat photo shows men what to expect because rats are a huge part of my life and always will be. We can't please everyone and shouldn't try to.

Yay! That's a beautiful thing. Thank you, earwigs. Really? A rat guy? We have quite a few around here but then I live in DB.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 54
Profile Review
Posted: 2/10/2015 11:33:55 AM
Nice :)
Good luck!

I don't think people should ever conform a profile to misrepresent themselves or to attract the masses.
We are who we are and they will find that out anyway.
Glad you didn't back down on the rat issue...the right person will accept them.
Stay positive!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile Review