Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > How well do you know that guy you .........      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 26
How well do you know that guy you .........Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

"Loose women are making it harder on the rest of us." I laughed. But then we began to discuss the definition of "loose" She said:

She does not know any of the man's friends, where he works, how he likes his coffee, where he lives and yet, without pay, she sleeps with him."

I don't get the point.

A mistress (so I've heard) makes a point of knowing her man's social circle (maybe just to avoid them), but knows where he works (unless it's one of those professions where you don't ask...if you get my drift), knows where he lives (but never stops by or calls his home phone #) fixes his coffee and drinks just as he likes them and yet WITH PAY( in the form of rent subsidies or a sweet little house, nice clothes, gifts of bling she can hock or actual $$), she has sex with him. (hate that euphemism 'sleep with')

As opposed to the 'Loose Woman' who does not know ANY of those things and has sex with him anyway WITHOUT PAY.

What is this world coming to??

Some people enjoy casual sex, some don't. Some like more structured arrangements. Some keep things open-ended. Some require PAYMENT in one form or another for their efforts.

I doubt that would-be mistresses or loose women or anything else, other than your own personal expectations really had anything to do with the fact that the guy dumped you. You just weren't at the same place at the same time.

No room at the inn.
 deetristate
Msg: 27
How well do you know that guy you .........
Posted: 2/8/2015 3:34:37 PM
???
Are we having the same discussion?

Who said that there was a checklist or that there is a three(or fill in your number _____) date rule?
Who said that it was traumatic that I don't see this guy anymore? Where did you miss "my friend is funny" and "after a couple of drinks." Some people are mean after a couple of drinks, some people are funny, some people are quiet.........)
Wow. Just wow. I get this board now. I REALLY get it now. LOL!!!
 Kay9876
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2015 4:58:36 PM

Msg. 1: My friend, also single and over 50 said, "Loose women are making it harder on the rest of us." I laughed. But then we began to discuss the definition of "loose" She said: She does not know any of the man's friends, where he works, how he likes his coffee, where he lives and yet, without pay, she sleeps with him."

My friend should have her own late night show. ... Again, she is funny. But I thought about you people and what your varied contributions to this conversation after a couple of drinks would be.

Msg. 27: Are we having the same discussion?

Who said that there was a checklist or that there is a three… date rule? Who said that it was traumatic that …? Where did you miss "my friend is funny" and "after a couple of drinks." …

Let’s try again. (Spoken in my best Jeff Foxworthy voice.)

You might be a loose woman if …

… you don’t know any of the man’s friends, where he works, how he likes his coffee, where he lives and yet, without pay, you sleep with him.

… you change your bed sheets on an hourly basis.

... the towels in your bathroom are “his” and “hers” and “his” and “his” and “his.”

OP: Is that what you meant (only funnier)?

I need a glass of wine for this game.
:)
 petula1908
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/8/2015 5:38:14 PM
Your friend is settling for a fcuck buddy with a man she hardly knows, and she may find it exciting now but my bet is she wont want to be meeting in secret, not eating or drinking together obviously, for very long. He is more than likely partnered and she may be too, and it suits her to have this sort of assignation. But really, not knowing how he has his coffee, where he lives, his friends, or
where he works, seems unbelievable to me!!!!. SHe may have low self esteem if she settles for that arrangement because I certainly would not and I am not a prude.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/8/2015 7:35:04 PM
^^^ Did you even read the opening post? Can you even comprehend the opening post? You seem to have major problems with the written word.

Indidnt find the comments from the OP's friend as being humerous in any way so hold off on the talk show circuit.

Two adults should progress as they see fit, on their own timeline. And sometimes it's after a couple of drinks on date two and sometimes it's later. I have found that most men and women want to know that there is at least a "later" sometime.
 DietFree
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2015 9:19:58 PM

Who said that there was a checklist or that there is a three(or fill in your number _____) date rule?

No idea who said that.
I distinctly mentioned that there is no 3rd date rule.
I also mentioned that I wouldn't go out with someone who had a book full of questions that needed to be answered.

But, you're right - some people are Wow. Just wow.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2015 4:01:52 AM
While there is no 3rd date "rule" ,you should know by the 3rd date if you would/could ever be interested enough in someone to have some type of relationship * whatever* that may be if you date for that reason and not meal or body hopping.

Why 3? I dont know, but Im sure everyone has at one time been infatuated or even thought they met MR/MS right and forever, then by month 3 a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz or even a "Oh hell, what was I thinking"? pops up.Even great sex wont keep you with them.

You sneeze 3 times don't you?

Then there's that 3 year thing. If you can get past year 3 ,you have a decent chance of 7, then if you make it past 7 you may make it to 11 then 15.
ODD huh?
Sorry just had too.
 ohenryx
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2015 12:27:29 PM

Kay9876

… you don’t know any of the man’s friends, where he works, how he likes his coffee, where he lives and yet, without pay, you sleep with him.

… you change your bed sheets on an hourly basis.

... the towels in your bathroom are “his” and “hers” and “his” and “his” and “his.”

OP: Is that what you meant (only funnier)?

I need a glass of wine for this game.
:)

One of those lines (“the towels in your bathroom”) reminded me of a cartoon in Playboy, back many, many years ago.

Long towel rack, many towels, all embroidered, reading
1) His
2) Hers
3) Her sisters
4) Her roommates
5) Her roommates sister
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/9/2015 12:35:51 PM
deetristate:

This came up at happy hour ( is it still called that?) . I was detailing yet another dumping/lack of contact? by someone after the third date because I didn't let him "in." My friend, also single and over 50 said, "Loose women are making it harder on the rest of us."

Really? Dumping on the 3rd date because of no sex? Never happened to me.

I've found that if we are selective in who we meet and have some reason to respect each other before meeting, things go smoothly. If a man cares about you, he's not counting dates.

Just my experience.

And calling other women "loose" ... just wow.

EDIT: PS: Your friend isn't funny.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/9/2015 1:20:24 PM

I was detailing yet another dumping/lack of contact? by someone after the third date because I didn't let him "in."

Are you Assuming that? It's a classic assumption had by women to avoid facing a common reason: He's just not that into you. Just because he would pork you if you let him doesn't mean he'd leave after the 3rd date because "you didn't let him 'in'." When a guy Does truly like you, it'd take significantly longer than 3 dates to hold of a ball-banging session. However, I will say that if a gal heeds on kissing much at all (for preventative reasons), it can ruin the mood/setting for the other guy and he'll walk. Same can be said for both genders. If I'm apprehensive about kissing a gal when she's "in the mood" for an 8th-grade-makeout-jam-session, her interest will usually fade fast. It doesn't mean she was going to want to go on a pork-fest. Flip the genders around -- it doesn't mean he was wanting sex Fast -- it's that a lot of guys (and girls) don't want things on just merely the handshakes & lemonade level on the 3rd date... it's a turn-off for many.

Now, if you guys were getting intimate, around 3rd base and you said "No, I don't want to have sex, too early...," and Then you never really heard from him... it wasn't because he couldn't get any. It was because he wasn't really that into you, in the first place. Otherwise, he'd be fine with some level of intimacy for the first several dates no problem.
 mjinict
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2015 2:12:55 PM
^^^Then I would say she made the right decision by saying it's too early. Unless that's all she wanted, of course.
 the_summerwind
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/9/2015 3:22:43 PM

^^^^ And if he or she is not over, whatever it was or still is...and they are not quite over....then here is the plan.... keep looking, & complaining why...like a rolling stone......how does it feel......cheers
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/9/2015 4:10:30 PM
^^^the summerwind:

And if he or she is not over, whatever it was or still is...and they are not quite over....then here is the plan.... keep looking, & complaining why...like a rolling stone......how does it feel......cheers

Yeah, aren't these great lyrics? Dylan, of course:

"Once upon a time you dressed so fine
You threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn’t you?
People’d call, say, “Beware doll, you’re bound to fall”
You thought they were all kiddin’ you
You used to laugh about
Everybody that was hangin’ out
Now you don’t talk so loud
Now you don’t seem so proud
About having to be scrounging for your next meal

How does it feel
How does it feel
To be without a home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone?

You’ve gone to the finest school all right, Miss Lonely
But you know you only used to get juiced in it
And nobody has ever taught you how to live on the street
And now you find out you’re gonna have to get used to it
You said you’d never compromise
With the mystery tramp, but now you realize
He’s not selling any alibis
As you stare into the vacuum of his eyes
And ask him do you want to make a deal?

(refrain)

You never turned around to see the frowns on the jugglers and the clowns
When they all come down and did tricks for you
You never understood that it ain’t no good
You shouldn’t let other people get your kicks for you
You used to ride on the chrome horse with your diplomat
Who carried on his shoulder a Siamese cat
Ain’t it hard when you discover that
He really wasn’t where it’s at
After he took from you everything he could steal

(refrain)

Princess on the steeple and all the pretty people
They’re drinkin’, thinkin’ that they got it made
Exchanging all precious gifts and things
But you’d better take your diamond ring, you’d better pawn it babe
You used to be so amused
At Napoleon in rags and the language that he used
Go to him now, he calls you, you can’t refuse
When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose
You’re invisible now, you got no secrets to conceal

(refrain)

I saw Dylan 10-15 years ago at our Ocean Center. It was a night. Yeah. Those were the good old days. No "martial law" (well, yeah, but not as much) in DB. No martial law was back in the 70s.

Come get me, Beach Patrol. Hi, Brian (no last name), my buddy, with a local city PD. I don't have many cop friends. (Hey, Bri, what's the story on that Port Orange cop who rammed the Boardwalk owner and I think that young man I met that very night is dead? And what about the guy, early 40s, no known health conditions, died in DBPD custody after being arrested for having a drink on the Boardwalk in the friggin' cop car?)

Got an ex-lifer-Marine who has been "cured"; does PI. Yeah, he's great.

Ever notice how there are so many things (like integrity) that nobody gives a crap about anymore? (Or most anybody. I can give you a list of folks I'll vouch for. And why can't I get away from dangling participles? I know they're there.) Took me at least 45 minutes on these song lyrics; I'm so OCD. None of the lyrics online ... Never found any lyrics online that didn't need editing.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/9/2015 6:24:29 PM
^^^Thanks for the song.

Are you familiar with OP's posts? Some of us are.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/10/2015 10:01:46 AM
^^^Whew. Glad to know I'm not your version of a "loose woman".

What's a guy who does these things called?
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2015 12:33:28 PM

Lucky
 ohenryx
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2015 1:34:31 PM

CuriousInDB

Peppermint_Petunias
Lucky

Hallelujah, brothers and sisters! Someone notify the Prize Patrol, we have a winner!

m_church
I've never dumped a woman after 3 dates for lack of sex... It's not like I'm wasting my time on a date... I enjoy going out so even a date without sex is still a good time....

I have, and I’m not afraid to admit it either.

After thinking about it, I’m not sure I can actually state it that way. I don’t remember anytime in the recent past that I have dumped a woman for not having sex by the third date. The way it works, if she doesn’t display interest, interest in sex, interest in me in that regards, fairly early on, then I move along to the next one. This usually occurs at the end of the first real date (not coffee meet). If she doesn’t kiss me then, then Adios, Muchacha.

I can’t remember ever getting to the third date with a woman who wasn’t ready and willing to be intimate with me. If sex wasn’t in the cards, one of us would have called things off before the third date.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/10/2015 2:04:43 PM

^^^Then I would say she made the right decision by saying it's too early. Unless that's all she wanted, of course.

True. But then it wouldn't be because she didn't "let him him in", in that case. If it IS because a woman wouldn't "let a guy in", it'd basically be that they Were affectionate and all and she was no prude, but wouldn't want that "too early", but instead, she herself would be "too late". Otherwise, it's that he isn't that into said gal as The reason.
 petula1908
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/10/2015 2:32:15 PM
I am with ohenryx.

If by the third date I do not have any interest in having sex with the guy, there are no further meets.
I am not a believer in physical attraction growing gradually, it has to be there at the get go. Naturally the relationship takes time to develop and there may be things down the line that would turn me off but I have had sex on the second date with those few I was really attracted to and if someone wants to call me "loose" so be it. A "loose" woman in my book is one that has numerous one night stands with various and sundry, probably after drinking, does not remember their names and then again she can do what she wants, as an adult. Men do it and are applauded it for it, or at least seen as successful studs.
 deetristate
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/11/2015 4:16:46 AM
Wow. Just finished reading the posts.
So this is how people live.
Interesting.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/11/2015 4:41:47 AM
^^^How do you live, Dee?

I don't think I'm the only one who's ... curious.

You have that friend who's so "funny" who judges other women.

What else is going on in your life?

EDIT: Oh. And then there's the issue you've been dealing with that you think you're getting dumped on or before the 3rd date because you aren't having sex by then. Of course, that's not the reason because it has never happened to me and I've had a lot of dates for a long, long time.
 the_summerwind
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/11/2015 6:27:34 AM

I saw Dylan 10-15 years ago at our Ocean Center. It was a night. Yeah. Those were the good old days. No "martial law" (well, yeah, but not as much) in DB. No martial law was back in the 70s.

Lucky you.....good memories

Took me at least 45 minutes on these song lyrics; I'm so OCD. None of the lyrics online ... Never found any lyrics online that didn't need editing.

That was nice that you did that...you made starting the day much better for many of us here.....carry on
 slowitalldown
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/11/2015 6:44:39 AM
People have 3rd dates?

But seriously, if and when I actually make it to a 3rd date with someone, I am damned sure that I will want to have sex with him, otherwise I wouldn't be continuing to see him. Not saying that I would be having sex on the 3rd date, but definitely I would know its on the table. Or up against the wall. ;)
 benartflick
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/11/2015 7:37:51 AM
"another dumping/lack of contact? by someone after the third date because I didn't let him "in."

Dee, we can only guess why he didn't call, but that striking out after 3 attempts has to due with baseball - not dating.

I've never gave up dating someone due to lack of sex. I guess many of the men here will say the same.

Of course having sex with a date increases the odds of him calling ya back, but my GUESS a few women here tried that a zillion times and still got dumped.

As to guys trying to get older women in bed, one woman wrote, "For many over 55 getting a date on his or her knees might be their objective - for different reasons."
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/11/2015 12:21:33 PM
the_summerwind

That was nice that you did that...you made starting the day much better for many of us here.....carry on

Nice, you say? Shhh ... don't tell my locals.
slowitalldown:

People have 3rd dates?

Too funny. Not many here. After a rare 3rd date a while back, I told him I'd broken a POF record.

Yeah, that one didn't last long.

And you're right about the rest in your post, too.

What about this rumor I've heard that women of a certain age are no longer interested in sex? I think men started that one for the usual reason. What do you all think?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > How well do you know that guy you .........