Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > How well do you know that guy you .........      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MeMeMeatlast
Msg: 51
How well do you know that guy you .........Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

What about this rumor I've heard that women of a certain age are no longer interested in sex? I think men started that one for the usual reason. What do you all think?

I think you should start a new thread about it if you're that curious... in DB.

Thanks for referring to me as a " thing " in the finger in the ass thread btw, lol
 Dragracer428
Msg: 52
How well do you know that guy you .........
Posted: 2/11/2015 12:52:08 PM

What about this rumor I've heard that women of a certain age are no longer interested in sex? I think men started that one for the usual reason. What do you all think?

In my admittedly limited experience completely untrue and no there will be no number from me beyond being 40 and over. Grin

mememeat wrote

I think you should start a new thread about it if you're that curious... in DB.

Already done, started by a 63 year old (or he was when he first posted)
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts13745229.aspx
 the_summerwind
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/11/2015 3:44:07 PM

That was nice that you did that...you made starting the day much better for many of us here.....carry on

Nice, you say? Shhh ... don't tell my locals.

Thanks DB ^^^^......And if your sole purpose & mission here, is to convince the masses....then enjoy that crusade too here...

As for the question of, ‘’love or money,’’ well if your only 21... or 31... or 41... or 51... or 61... has their own many definitions in love & money.^^^

Lets hope that for you.... and others will find what ever their age in life is at....will find another person, that will be ‘’just that too.’’

Carry on...ps.... like your new pic cool
 petula1908
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/11/2015 4:08:32 PM
curiousinDB

I have had guys who have counted the number of times we went out and definitely put the pressure on by the third date. However if they were really interested in me they would wait for when it was comfortable for me to get intimate and if they did not want to do that, they were gone. Soon weed out the genuine ones, that way.
 the_summerwind
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/12/2015 8:15:35 AM

I have had guys who have counted the number of times we went out and definitely put the pressure on by the third date. However if they were really interested in me they would wait for when it was comfortable for me to get intimate and if they did not want to do that, they were gone.

imo, & not to sound crass or holier then thou...it’s works both ways too. Patience is a virtue... & anticipation even better, and if the relationship develops over time, the better.
And if it’s just a fling thingy then that’s your choice too. ^^^^
Yet, body chemistry at times are not on the same levels, & to put pressure on someone or is pushy,etc. is not cool...

Imo, for him or her, if either has not already reached that point of intimacy with each other, and being in the new relationship..... And in what so far has is transpired..... either the chemistry is really not there... if that’s what your hoping for in needs & wants.

Bottom-line.. It starts with one, you....and then another, ‘’as it takes two’’ in making it work, in the short or long of it.....carry on
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/12/2015 11:25:30 AM

you think you're getting dumped on or before the 3rd date because you aren't having sex by then. Of course, that's not the reason because it has never happened to me and I've had a lot of dates for a long, long time.

I agree, it's not The reason. If a guy's going to bolt merely because he couldn't hit "home plate" by the 3rd date, he wasn't that into you. Imagine a guy who's going out with a gal he Really Likes. 3rd date rolls around, they're affectionate, etc... and the end of it he's not going to say "Well, all we did was make out like crazy on your couch. I have a 3rd-date rule for some actual poontang, so it's been nice knowing ya... I'm out (drops mic)!" So no, it's not because he wasn't going All the way on the 3rd date.

People have 3rd dates?

Yeah -- you haven't seen the special on the History Channel? It's quite interesting... ;)
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/12/2015 2:45:20 PM

If by the third date I do not have any interest in having sex with the guy, there are no further meets.
I am not a believer in physical attraction growing gradually, it has to be there at the get go. Naturally the relationship takes time to develop and there may be things down the line that would turn me off but I have had sex on the second date with those few I was really attracted to and if someone wants to call me "loose" so be it.

I am with Ohenry and Petula on this one.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/12/2015 4:36:49 PM

So this is how people live.
Interesting.

Scary, too.
 deetristate
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/14/2015 9:27:12 AM
Yes, very scary
 lifeisgrand5
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2015 12:31:39 AM
I have had some really self centered guys that demand sex, when don't even know my last name. I never see or hear from them again. There is no way I am going to have sex with a stranger just because he is demanding it. It seems to be the trend in the dating arena. As women we are worth what ever price tag we put upon ourselves. Why would we stick ourself on a clearance rack? You are not alone OP, there are so many of us single ladies who are not going to have sex with strangers.
 Aradia96
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/22/2015 4:28:03 AM
Define let him 'in'.

alling women "loose" is right up there with slut shaming imo
- I agree.

It isn't other women's fault if men don't have respect. You often see men complaining of being friend-zoned and not getting sex, that doesn't ring true to women all being 'loose'. In my opinion it is just the fact that men are fairly desperate for sex and often don't have any regard for how their partner feels about it.
 Never_in_Life
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/22/2015 5:38:58 AM

But seriously, if and when I actually make it to a 3rd date with someone, I am damned sure that I will want to have sex with him, otherwise I wouldn't be continuing to see him. Not saying that I would be having sex on the 3rd date, but definitely I would know its on the table.

I think human beings make up their mind fairly quickly if they could see themselves having sex with the other person - as in before the first meet is over quickly. Of course, I don't mean they will be having sex right away, but attraction/non attraction is pretty much established upon meeting.

Or up against the wall. ;)

I like the way you think and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
 Never_in_Life
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/22/2015 5:48:32 AM

In my opinion it is just the fact that men are fairly desperate for sex and often don't have any regard for how their partner feels about it.

Your opinion is wrong.
 Aradia96
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/25/2015 7:49:31 AM

Your opinion is wrong.

Nevarrr

Well of course they might pretend to care but when they don't get it they think about getting out of the dating/or relationship since it isn't satisfying their sexual needs ASAP like they want.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/25/2015 8:02:12 AM
Oh for crying out loud Aradia, go post about something you know something about, which isn't much. You're on here trying to debate or have discussions with folks 30 and 40 years older than you who have a vast amount of knowledge and experience....none of which you have. So please, quit telling 50+ year olds how life works.
 Walts
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/25/2015 3:08:55 PM
Do ya want my other boot blue?????

It seems I lost the other one up someone's arse.

Could be room for two?
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/25/2015 3:59:29 PM
Agreed that lack of sex wasn't so much the issue by a third date,

but her views on sex are often offered by then, with no touching by me required to illicit a response either.

'I don't have sex until the 5th date' - on a 2nd date. Haven't held this woman's hand yet..

'I only have sex while in a committed relationship, which take me about 4 weeks to figure out'

- That's fine, I don't spend a lot of money outside of a committed relationship.

'My friend hasn't had sex with her boyfriend for 5 months and he is not pushing her'

- Duly noted and wish you the best on your romantic search for The One.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/25/2015 4:28:03 PM

Your opinion is wrong.

Nevarrr

Well of course they might pretend to care but when they don't get it they think about getting out of the dating/or relationship since it isn't satisfying their sexual needs ASAP like they want.

Lots of posts from many different men saying you are wrong and I am certainly one of them. Many posts from women who have met that kind of guy. You really need more life experience.

The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything, the young know everything.

- Oscar Wilde
 Dragracer428
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/25/2015 4:34:09 PM

Agreed that lack of sex wasn't so much the issue by a third date,

but her views on sex are often offered by then, with no touching by me required to illicit a response either.

'I don't have sex until the 5th date' - on a 2nd date. Haven't held this woman's hand yet..

'I only have sex while in a committed relationship, which take me about 4 weeks to figure out'

- That's fine, I don't spend a lot of money outside of a committed relationship.

'My friend hasn't had sex with her boyfriend for 5 months and he is not pushing her'

- Duly noted and wish you the best on your romantic search for The One.

Second date, sitting in her living room late in the evening, lull in the conversation, she says " I like sex, I really like sex BUT you are not touching me until I am comfortable". Was cool with that, a couple weeks went by and I found out she did not lie!! LOL
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/25/2015 6:10:48 PM
Walts, did I go a little overboard?

And I agreements Clooney...walls, barriers, blinders, rules, and more rules. Plus the stupid folks like Walts mentioned yesterday ....mixing up the 3 day rule and the 3 date rule. Who makes this shyt up?
 CharminC
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/25/2015 7:19:52 PM

Second date, sitting in her living room late in the evening, lull in the conversation, she says " I like sex, I really like sex BUT you are not touching me until I am comfortable". [i/]Was cool with that, a couple weeks went by and I found out she did not lie!! LOL

Smart woman because this is it that is all that needs to be said. Bravo *claps
Thing with this though is, not everyone really likes sex lol.
 the_summerwind
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/26/2015 7:47:07 AM
Blues@
...mixing up the 3 day rule and the 3 date rule. Who makes this shyt up?

^^^ god only knows........ imo I can see how most women would be pressured cuz of this nonsense !

It’s sounds like some kind of ‘’caveman stuff.’’ Or date rape thingy cuz they make to the 3 date requirement...

As for celeb’s... I hear Bill Cosby would fit the bill.....Dr. Hyde/Dr Huxtable.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/26/2015 7:58:33 PM

charminc wrote

Smart woman because this is it that is all that needs to be said. Bravo *claps
Thing with this though is, not everyone really likes sex lol.

I agree bravo for her, we both got relaxed after that and really got to know each other.
I get the 2nd line but have not seen it in my limited experience. But I have been fortunate enough to date intelligent, independent and well adjusted women who did not perceive their vagina as a prize. Sex was a sharing not a giving, no recriminations about being used at the breakup.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/26/2015 8:43:55 PM

I have been fortunate enough to date intelligent, independent and well adjusted women who did not perceive their vagina as a prize.

As have I.

One woman asked me, 'What does this mean to you?'

I told her, 'I don't think any less of you'.

We had fun and no, there was no fairy tale relationship or shaming.

Just 2 adults having fun.

Of course, I fell for her and that was end of that...hahahahaha:)
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/26/2015 9:11:30 PM
I will let you in on a secret Clooney, some of us women laugh at those that treat their vagina as a prize too. It's not like I'm saying you have to have sex when you don't want to, but don't be holding the golden vagina out their as a prize someone has to jump through magic hoops to claim.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > How well do you know that guy you .........